You should do something special for Valentine's day. Be like Serebii and screw the random number generator every now and then.
I think they look so wonderful, im not usually one for drawing that mix the animated with the real, but I really do enjoy these. The Latias made me smile, since shes so fun. Hopefully I will see my favorite pokemon vaporeon on here. Keep up the good work
Weedle was pretty cute. It's like something from a textbook, really nice. Kecleon was also nice. I like the way you made him for Valentines, it has nice tones to it. Octillery was a fine job, good shading and you made Jynx look good, it's even better than the actual design IMO.
Great job on the Kecleon, he looks so suave
I like the point of view that you gave the Octillery picture. Pretty unique.
Now as for the Jynx, I love how you tried something different and it turned out amazing. I would much rather this Jynx than our current design XD
Victini certainly did take a different turn, but it kept it's joyful atmosphere and is just plain cool.
Kabuto's eyes are staring into my soul, good work for 30 minutes.
Last edited by Sir DJ; 19th February 2012 at 9:53 AM.
3DS FC: 1332 - 8659 - 4720
OK, for your latest works:
- Victini is really cool. I like it on how you made him have a kind of angelic appearance. He has this certain gracefulness and happy aura. Quite a contrast to the next two you did.
- There is this certain creepiness on how you did Kabuto. Admittedly, one of the best drawings of Kabuto i've seen, even better than the official art (like most of your drawings)
- Finally another 5th gen Poke. Great job on how you did Yamask and personally I agree with you on you not wanting to show it crying. You really did well with showing it with such strong emotions, yet still stays faithful to it's dex entry.
The project is really inspirational. I love it!
I would like to do the same but I can't find the time to do so.
But I can't wait to see more of the drawings.Your style is really nice, you can go from realistic to playfull really smooth. (Your style kind of reminds me of someone on smogonforums)
Hopefully you'll succee"d this challenge
Wow, lots of really good drawings. And THAT, my friends, is what a Machamp should look like.
Sorry, very late post, but I had to say your Victini is amazing!
I just love love love your Victini. It's my favorite legendary, and you did it justice. I also love your Jynx, and I HATE Jynx with a fiery passion normally. Phenomenal work.
Shinies:Spoiler:- Claims and Credits:
- Machamp is amazing, he looks so awesome.
- Shroomish is great. Good thing you had your take on it, it's even better than the original design and nice to finally see it cheerful looking for once.
- Wooper looks awsome too. Nice that you again gave a realistic style on it.
Keep it up, I'm supporting you in this project.
Havn't posted in a bit, figured I'd get up to date with my gratuitous praise! Anyways, Victini is fantastic. I had honestly never considered the little guy having wings...especially not on his skirt/fluff/whatever that is. I don't know if I agree with the concept, but I'm not complaining. I think that wings are one of the things that you do best.
Machamp is...freakin' terrifying. Seriously, that is by a large margin the scariest Machamp that I have ever seen. You know between that and your Arbok and your Electivire, you might put me off from the idea of attempting to tear open a portal in reality and enter the Pokemon world...on second thought, no you wont.
As usual, I love it
Shroomish I am a little unsure of. The art quality is fantastic as always, but you give him a very animal-like face, almost canine, definately mammailian, and I just can't equate that in my head. Shroomish is a plant, not a mammal. However, it is beautiful for what it is, and I must commend you for that.
As for Wooper...DAS CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!! Seriously, fantastic picture, you got the flow of Woopers slick body floating in the water perfect. This is an absolutely fantastic picture, and you aught to get a medal or be even made a knight. Sir Souku, the High Grand Lord of Pokemon Art!
Yes, I think that title will do nicely.
This is me. This is my team. Fear our wrath.Trainer Card for my Fanfiction.A novelization of the story of HeartGold and SoulSilver, told from the point of view of the Red-haired rival. Still in it's early days.(First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)Spoiler:- Credit for stuff:
I love love love Machamp and Shroomish!
Oh my god Wooper is my new new fave of yours. I love how sleek and awesome it looks. Truly a great rendition
3DS FC: 1332 - 8659 - 4720
- Weezing is probably the scariest one you did since Machamp and it looks really good and quite intimidating. I'll never see that Poke in the same way again.
- Taillow was very nice. Simple but great, it looks like a nice photograph
- Nidoran was really good. I love the way you did that kind of style on her. Quite unusual nowadays, great job. really
Thank you all so much for your comments! I want to let you know that I appreciate each and every one of them and the fact that you take the time to leave them in the first place! It's great knowing that you guys are following - it's wonderful encouragement.
Some things that were asked previously but I didn't have time to answer before: These pics are done digitally using Photoshop CS 5. I usually spend about 1-2 hours on them, often the last few hours before midnight/the new day (so when I complain about rushing, you now know why lol).
We leave February with a Parasect. Who knows what pokémon March will bring?
What a way to end February.
- Pidgeotto looks realistic. It even looks a bit like a photo! I like the way you put so much detail into drawing birds.
- Parasect is quite creepy. The additional details you added on it adds to the already creepy aura that it already has. Amazing really.
Hope to see my faves soon. I can wait for that.
Love the recent additions
As a matter of fact, this is what they're based on. Paras and Parasect seem to be based on cicada nymphs infected by a parasitic fungus. Here's an excerpt from the Bulbapedia article on this topic:Parasect. Reminds me of a real life fungi that takes control of an ant and
makes the ant climb up to another plant where the fungi will best be able
to scatter its seeds. The fungi basically sprouts out the ant's head.
The sad thing is that as I said, Paras and Parasect appear to be cicada nymphs. The fungus seems to have infected their bodies and stunted their growth, so they can never grow out of this immature phase and turn into cicadas. That begs the question of what Paras and Parasect would look like if they weren't infected by the fungus (however, because all members of the species have the fungus, it's likely that they have formed a symbiotic relationship and cannot be separated by conventional means).Cordyceps fungus may or may not be beneficial to humans, but for insects, the effects are always disastrous. Each of the many thousands of Cordyceps species specialize in parasitizing a particular type of insect, and infections can wipe out whole colonies. For instance, Cordyceps cicadae, Cordyceps heteropoda and Cordyceps sinclairii all prey on different species of cicada. But some members of the Cordyceps genus take the invasion of their host's body a step further...
One example is Cordyceps unilateralis, which infects a particular species of ant, Camponotus leonardi. The fungus spreads through its host, but doesn't kill it straight away. It restricts itself to consuming the ant's non-vital tissues, until the time comes to release spores. At this point, it spreads into the ant's brain and alters the creature's perception. The ant is compelled to climb to the top of a tall stalk, and clamp on with its jaws. The fungus then finally kills its host, leaving it frozen in position. When the fruiting body emerges, the ant will have taken it into a prime position to release spores... and spread them to as many other ants as possible.
What a way to start this month
- Purugly looks very nice. You did well on drawing a Pokemon I actually don't like that much. It's pretty good that you gave it a more domesticated and tame depiction, which is quite a contrast on how it's normally depicted.
- Cradily is just awesome. I really like the design you gave it and it looks more like a dragon/sea serpent than an anemone (which is what it's supposed to be). Good job here.
- Are you kidding? Honestly, that Carracosta looks great! That, my friend, should be what it should look more like. Don't feel bad about it. I know it's quite a contrast to what it normally should look like but you did superbly with it. It's one of my fave drawings of yours. You did a really awesome job here.
Last edited by nathandg0924; 4th March 2012 at 2:34 PM.