Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Souku's Project 365 with Pokémon

Wow, that Pikachu looks so creepy... >_<

Gabite has such the classic dragon look, it's so awesome. And Tyrogue... well, at least you didn't give it gills and webbed hands and feet.

Gotta say, I like how you did the eyes on your Magneton. You may not be giving it a ton of personality, but you're definitely making it stand out from other Magneton artwork.

And again... I've kinda grown to like Druddigon ever since my FB character got one, and that's a very nice pic of it. I'd like to have seen it with its mouth open like a croc does when it's sunning itself, but that's just me being picky.
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 29th April 2012 at 8:14 PM.

Thank you all for the comments, I very much appreciate it. It's been great sharing this project with you. We now end the month of April with a machop, and I must say I can't wait to see what pokémon May brings.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:
    365 Project 2012 | 365 Project 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Souku View Post
    Thank you all for the comments, I very much appreciate it. It's been great sharing this project with you. We now end the month of April with a machop, and I must say I can't wait to see what pokémon May brings.
    As usual great job and must admit, April has really brought up some of the best Pokemon you did for this project of yours. Most notably Tyranitar, Mudkip, Vileplume, Simipour, Haxorus, Altaria, Pikachu, Gabite and Druddigon who are my faves for this month. Hope to see a lot of good ones for next month. You're welcome

I can't wait to see what pokémon May brings.
    Um, doesn't she have a Blaziken, Skitty, Glaceon, Venusaur, Wartortle, and Beautifly?

Oooh, first time that I can honestly say that I disagree with your interpretation. Machop having claws just seems...wrong. He's a fighter with discipline, not a wild beast. I have to say, I have a hard time getting over that.

That being said, as far as art quality goes, I love it! Very well drawn, much better then anything I could do, and I enjoy the dramatic pose and perspective and whatnot. Very good from that standpoint
    This is me. This is my team. Fear our wrath.
    Trainer Card for my Fanfiction.
    (First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)
        Spoiler:- Credit for stuff:

Oh Souku Im so sad for you. You just want to paint paint paint, and nothing happens I still like your Foongus though xD. I love your brushstrokes on the grass and the faded trees, it looks windy and misty, perfect for a budding toadstool. And even without a face, Foongus' posture has an expression of wonder and naivety as it contemplates the world ready for evolution.

Dawwww, that Electrike is so cute!

Elektrike - Awww, so cute. Pretty good interpretation, dunno why I never thought of it as a dog.
    Growlithe - I like the style in this one. It's kinda like the typical style that you often see in Chinese dragon statues and dog statues that you would find in a temple/palace. The colors are quite nice and go well together.

edit
    Monferno - looks amazing and I like the flames. The pose is also really nice too. So you already drew Chimchar and now Monferno, hope to see Infernape soon. He's one of my fave Pokes and once you draw him, you've completed another line but great job with this.
    Last edited by nathandg0924; 9th May 2012 at 3:15 PM.

I like how you give many of these Pokemon a reptilian feel to them, Nidoqueen looks a little more like a dragon now.

EDIT: I like how you put the swirl on Poilwrath's throat sac, it really defines the swirl even more.
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 12th May 2012 at 5:55 PM.

I must say I find these pieces of art disturbing. Yet for some reason I keep coming back...
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Looks more like a Rapidash, just without the horn. I'd have toned down the flames a little.

The Aron, however, is really cute! I like the Aron line, so great job!
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 14th May 2012 at 8:05 PM.

Poliwrath is a complete boss

^ Click this for good times ^

Just read Probopass's description. Don't get disheartened! I should probably comment more often, but I sometimes fall prey to the same distracting nature as you clearly are (I also experience this with my writing, so go figure).

Your art is amazing, and with the 1st gen. Pokémon, I keep turning my laptop around to show my mom and my brother, who lost interest after that era. However, I find myself loving every single image, and your take on some of the Pokémon (like Magneton, for example, which turned out stunning) are really great. I promise to comment more to try and cheer you on, because honestly, I love them all so far. I'm really not looking froward to the end of the year ^_^

I understand on what you're going through with this project. It's not surprising to see that it is getting hard to make a picture, everyday. It ain't easy I know, especially when you have a lot of important things to do and at the same time, you're committed to do this. Having a commitment to finish this is tough, but do cheer up! I'm supporting you in this project. I know you can finish it, you're doing great, really.

Anyways, on to your works.
    Jumpluff - It's lovely, I like the colors you used here.
    Ponyta - Great effect on the flames. Pretty much the reason why I like it if you draw fire types.
    Aron - Simple, but you captured it in a cute and cool way.

Wow. Just wow. Darkrai is epic. I love the effect you've done to his "legs". Really good job ^_^

Oh. My. GOODNESS. That Darkrai is so awesome!!! You've really outdone yourself this time!

EDIT: lol your interpretation of Regice being a yeti of some sort is fun!
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 17th May 2012 at 5:12 PM.

After a few days of not-so-good Pokemon, finally good ones.

Darkrai - Probably you're best work thus far this month. This is just the best work of Darkrai I've seen.
    Regice - I like the mystifying effects on this.
    Togekiss - Nice interpretation of the Poke. As usual with your bird drawings, It's nice and this is pretty elegant.

Wow I haven't commented much lately, but I have looked at them daily. I'm impressed that you've kept this up so far, and you're doing an amazing job.

Now to sum up since Simipour (wow a very long time).
    - I wasn't the biggest fan of Seedot or Magneton...sorry I just didn't connect.
    - Bastiodon, Regice, Foong8s, and Skorupi are some of your finer works IMO

Love your Togekiss ^_^ It looks so pretty and natural. I'm not too keen on the way Regice looks, but the image itself is beautiful.

Thank you so much for your comments, guys. <3 It's really encouraging that you've been looking on, and I really appreciate all of your comments and support. The three or so weeks have been pretty rough as I've just been feeling very down. But anyway, I'm slowly getting out of my art/general slump now so I'm hoping all will be well soon and that I'll spend more time on my pics, or at least have fun drawing them again.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:
    365 Project 2012 | 365 Project 2013

I've thought of Petilil as having no legs, really. But good job on her nonetheless.

Two Gen V Pokes in a row this weekend, I feel like I should comment

Petilil - Nice interpretation. I like the leaves especially.
    Darumaka - Great job once again on a Pokemon I normally don't like. I love the style and it's a nice change from the somewhat more realistic styles that you usually do. You should try to do this style more often in future Pokemon that you'd be doing for the project. Just saying.

Diglett is just that awesome. Why not give it goggles and a bandana?

EDIT: I hear ya. Even though Gorebyss looks beautiful, it's supposed to be a bloodsucker! That's scary!

EDIT 2: Wow, I like how even with Mismagius you manage to make it look somewhat draconic. Really cool!
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 24th May 2012 at 9:45 PM.

Thank you so much for your comments, guys. <3 It's really encouraging that you've been looking on, and I really appreciate all of your comments and support. The three or so weeks have been pretty rough as I've just been feeling very down. But anyway, I'm slowly getting out of my art/general slump now so I'm hoping all will be well soon and that I'll spend more time on my pics, or at least have fun drawing them again.

I think your artwork is simply astonishing, I love the detail you put in some of the works. Your a very inspiring artist, it makes me want to finally get out of the slump ive been in for 2 years @_@. Really, really great work btw, im going to keep-on-a watching you

*credit to Dragon User X for this amazing banner*

If your happy and you know it, go sit in the corner and think about your life.

3DS FC 1478-2903-4134
    IGN: Ellei

Really love your artwork . I normally don't like steelix but I absolutely love the angle perspective that you did, made it feel like steelix was real ^-^. I also like how druddigon is laying down . And the chatot splashing in water is adorable!! I've book marked your thread so that I can keep checking out your latest works
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast