Thread: Neon Colosseum.

Default Neon Colosseum.

(I've searched and there is not a single thread about this colosseum in there, so I guess it's right to post it.)

What do you think about it? Do you like it? What are your experiences with Neon Colosseum? In my opinion, this one stands out and, frankly, I hate it with a passion. Everytime I replay PBR I get stuck at Neon Colosseum. It's kind of ridiculous. Do you have any strategies on beating it?

I remember I always tried to take some weak Pokemon with me or Pokemon matching the strength level of my foe's 'mons. But there comes the luck factor too... well, it's quite possible to try to get the Pokemon you want, but it's hard to hit that roulette on time.

FC: 5284 2722 8575
    P o k e m o n X

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

I hated the rulette thing too but what I did was that I used the rental pass you are given when you start the game so my opponent didn't get such good Pokemon, as strategyes well try to be lucky but there is a video in youtube that shows you how to get the Pokes you want, as a scenerio I love it is a fantastic Colosseum and the music is one of my perosnal faovrites of all times from the whole Pokemon series
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

Oh, you have a good point there! Using rental pass is a nice idea, though Pokemon on it seem a bit too strong compared to the opponents', so it would be quite painful to battle if my foe got them in roulette.

While beating Neon Colosseum 2 times before, I always used (as I mentioned before) quite weak Pokemon, or just ones caught randomly. This time, I tried Wooper, Pikachu, Porygon, Buizel and other one I don't remember... but I seem to be unlucky when it comes to that arggghh roulette.

Also thank you for telling me about the video, I never knew there was one. I will go to search for it now.

FC: 5284 2722 8575
    P o k e m o n X

Spoiler:- personality tests, quiz results etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnswampmaster View Post
    there is a video in youtube that shows you how to get the Pokes you want
    Could you give us the link to the video please? I'm also having trouble with this colosseum. Whenever I use my trained pokemon my opponent gets them and whenever I use weak pokemon I get them. It's so frustrating.
    3DS FC: 2337-3716-3067
    Trainer Name: Joe
    Friend Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, Cloyster

Neon Colosseum is very annoying if you use any strong pokemon and does really come down to luck and your ability to stop the the roulette at the correct time but, I do like the look of the Colosseum.
    White FC: 1549 4495 3674

They way i do it is: stare at your "best" pokemon and have the wii controller pointer on the left side of the spinning wheel, now when you're staring at your pokemon, press A when your pokemon is across from the pointer (right side of the wheel if your pointer is on the left side of the wheel) you should pick all the pokemon you want by doing this.

In real life I think it would hurt my eyed if I battled there.

Also I hated the roulette thing almost as much as the sunrise colosseum

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2324-6674
    IGN: Cal
    Friend Safari: Mighteyena, Cacturne, Liepard

I actually really like the Neon Colo. It just takes practice to get the roulette thingy good.

Oh yeah, and the aesthetics and music are awesome, too, so yeah. :/

My Friend Safari is Light type.

Use a very strong team. And practice the roulette.

The whole Colosseum was padding (Much like most of PBR if you have decent Pokemon on your card) for me because once I halfway learned the roulette it resulted in me getting most of my Pokemon and the AI getting no more than one of my Pokemon, which was quickly overwhelmed because I could gang up on it since nothing else the opponents had were actually threats.

If anything, I really wanted a round 2 version of the Neon Colosseum. "Win the worthwhile Pokemon and win" becomes "All 12 of these Pokemon are generally well set up, try your luck".

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

It actually wasn't so bad after I did the 100 Survival Battle thing before, which also uses the roulette wheel. You get pretty used to it after 100 battles... :P

I managed to get my pokemon every time by aiming at the second pokemon from the left of 6 o'clock on the wheel and then pressing A as the pokemon I wanted was just about to go past 12 o'clock, if that makes sense.

If you can get your head around the roulette, it's pretty simple. Those rental colosseums are looking much harder in comparison now...
    3DS FC: 2337-3716-3067
    Trainer Name: Joe
    Friend Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, Cloyster

I love it is a fantastic Colosseum.

I greatly disliked Neon Colosseum. I just could not figure out how to beat it.

In all honesty Neon Colosseum is one of the easier ones for me. The roulette is easy once you figure it out. All you have to do is focus the pointer on the Pokemon you want, and when it spins by, wait four more Pokemon and click "A" on the fourth. I guarentee this will work.

So once you master the pointer to choose your best Pokemon (or the one that trumps the majority of the opponent's) right off the bat, you wait for the opponent to select theirs. I've noticed a few things about the opponent. Either A) He/She will do it randomly, or B) He/She will fire from wherever the cursor is at the time of firing. That is to say that if you focus your cursor on a Pokemon four spaces behind the one you want the opponent to get, they will get it. This may be wrong, but I noticed it a while back but I just haven't gone back to (dis)prove it.

As for everything else, I have no idea why you choose this colosseum to hate when Sunset Colosseum is the worst.

Neon Colosseum is one of my favorites. For me, it was easy.
    3DS FC: 0602-7121-7236
    I have MK7! Total VR: 2102. Last Updated 5/27/12 11:49AM EDT

strategy for neon collosseum - luck!, i agree with you that it is certainly unique, i also agree with you that i hate it with a passion, especially when your opponents have pokemon like metapod and you get stuck with it, it doesnt really what kind of team you have...even mewtwo!

Default Great Tip

Quote Originally Posted by epicninjask123 View Post
    In all honesty Neon Colosseum is one of the easier ones for me. The roulette is easy once you figure it out. All you have to do is focus the pointer on the Pokemon you want, and when it spins by, wait four more Pokemon and click "A" on the fourth. I guarentee this will work.

So once you master the pointer to choose your best Pokemon (or the one that trumps the majority of the opponent's) right off the bat, you wait for the opponent to select theirs. I've noticed a few things about the opponent. Either A) He/She will do it randomly, or B) He/She will fire from wherever the cursor is at the time of firing. That is to say that if you focus your cursor on a Pokemon four spaces behind the one you want the opponent to get, they will get it. This may be wrong, but I noticed it a while back but I just haven't gone back to (dis)prove it.

As for everything else, I have no idea why you choose this colosseum to hate when Sunset Colosseum is the worst.
    I just tried this. It actually worked for me haha I hated ending up with a horrible pokemon like metapod or something lol

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Bar Pink Elephant
    Last edited by doug4knfpu; 24th August 2012 at 1:14 AM.

Don't get me started. Holy mother of pearl, I hated this colosseum. I beat it eventually by using a rental pass. The rest of the game I found far too easy. I don't understand why people claim mysterial is hard. Honestly, I found him to be one of the easiest.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Indeed you really need a little bit of luck to pass this one without any problems.

A Bit of look and knowing how to bring your own team down is needed.

Bump of over 11 months - shutting.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)