Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #55

Default Community POTW #55

Right guys, let's go for another one.

This week, we're covering Castform

Castform is the epitome of gimmick Pokémon, but, with weather being so common in this generation, it does actually have its uses...sort of

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/351.shtml

Go nuts

Default Reserved for first

I had a huge paragraph written... then my computer crashed and i lost it... il just post the set.

The Meteorologist

Item: Choice Specs/Scarf
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 hp 252 SpA 252 Spe
    Ability: Forecast

-Weather Ball
    -Fire Blast
    -Hydro Pump
    -Blizzard

This set is made for countering weather while still helping your weather. Weather ball is for when there is sand, you can use a rock type and not rely on hydro or blizzard missing. Then the other 3 are self explanatory. when you or the opponent has sun up, use fireblast on weather counters or just regular fire types. And the same with the other two. Thats basically castform, you could break it into specific weather, but in weather wars, your kinda screwed :/.
    Last edited by dannyboee2; 15th January 2012 at 5:10 PM.
    I have claimed Octillery!

First to post sets...
    Castform, although almost never used, can be a great candidate for any weather team. His all 70 stats means he could fill various roles, but his moveset points mostly to sweeper.

Rain Castform
    Castform @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Damp Rock
    Trait: Forecast
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)/Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Weather Ball
    - Hydro Pump
    - Scald
    - Thunder

Sun Castform
    Castform @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Heat Rock
    - Weather Ball
    - Fire Blast
    - Flamethrower/Scald
    - Solarbeam

Hail Castform
    Castform @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Icy Rock
    - Weather Ball
    - Blizzard
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower

Right so this is basically an all-out special attack Castform depending on what weather team you are using and decide to put him on. Basically Weather Ball, STAB moves, and some other move aided by weather (Thunder in rain and Solarbeam in sun. Scald is if your opponent takes advantage of the sun and sends out a Fire-type Flamethrower is if your opponent takes advantage of the hail and sends out an Ice-type). These sets don’t work so well if you if you opponent counters all of the moves. Disable is also a good substitute for any extra STAB moves. Also, you could also have your weather status move of choice (Rain Dance on the rain set, Sunny Day on the sun set, or Hail on the hail set) in case your opponent tries to change the weather.

Or, to mess with your opponent for no reason...

Troll Castform
    Castform @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spd
    Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Weather Ball
    - Rain Dance
    - Sunny Day
    - Hail

Also, there should be a Rock-type Castform in a sandstorm. I know Weather Ball becomes a Rock-type move, but Castform needs a cool Rock-type sprite.
    Last edited by grantholomew; 15th January 2012 at 4:58 PM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Ah the floating cloud thing

Forecast: an interesting ability that changes his form in the weather Sadly, he didn't get a forme for Sandstorm

Castform has a cute design but 70 stats on all means that it won't outrun much or hit much. It gets Tailwind and Thunder wave for support. castform can be in any weather team It finally did get a boosting move work up but it will probably die before it gets a chance to attack.

Counters: Fighting types and special walls stop the cloud cold
    Last edited by Dragalge; 18th January 2012 at 1:38 AM.

Default Castform

Item: Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest / Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Moveset:
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Weather Ball

Just go all out on power. Even better on a rain set. Just don;t use Castform to set up weathers. Its slow and would not get another turn to do anything else if it survived.

HYDRO PUMP: Powered up by Rain and STAB, gives it huge power.

THUNDER: Never misses with rain. Covers other types.

ICE BEAM: Gets those grass and dragon types.

WEATHER BALL: Just in case the weather was changed from rain, this can help do lots of damage, be it sun, hail or sandstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by grantholomew View Post
    Sun Castform
    Castform @ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Nature (+Stat, -Stat)
    - Weather Ball
    - Fire Blast
    - Flamethrower/Scald
    - Solarbeam
    Keep in mind that in sunlight Water-type attacks are halved. Although a good point to have more than purely fire-type moves in a Sunny Day moveset, Scald will have a sad base 40 power in the sun...
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

Weather ball gets 225 base power under weather

Castform, huh. To say it is lacking a movepool is incorrect. It has the stats for a weather bringer and attacker in the lower tiers. Go as far as the RU tier and you have wasted a slot of your team.

Rain:
    Rain Dance
    Weather Ball
    Thunder
    Ice Beam

Sun:
    Sunny Day
    Weather Ball
    Solarbeam
    Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

Hail:
    Hail
    Blizzard
    Thunderbolt
    Fire Blast

This has officially been my weirdest POtW contribution ever.
    I claim Buizel.

Castform is a Pokemon that is almost never used, yet can slot in any weather team based on Sun, Rain, or Hail. It's base stats are what let it down: Base 70 in every area means its only mediocre at what it does. If you want a fun gimmick Pokemon, it can work, though.

Forecast is Castform's only possible ability (and also an anagram of its name). It changes Castform's type and shape depending on the weather. In Clear or Sandstorm weather, Castform is its default Normal type. In Sun, Castform becomes a Fire type. In Rain, it becomes a Water type. In Hail, it becomes an Ice-type. It would be cool if Forecast worked in Sandstorm too, but whatever are you gonna do.

Forecast also gels wonderfully with the Weather Ball move. Unless there's a Sandstorm in effect, Castform will always gain STAB on the move. In Sun, Rain, or Hail, it also means Castform has a reliable attack with base 150 power (after STAB). The downside is that since weather usually doesn't change all that often in a fight, it loses out to some of Castform's more powerful attacks.

Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, and Blizzard are all very powerful base 120 power attacks, and become even more devastating in their respective weather. Unfortunately, in all three cases, there are Pokemon that exist that can do the same moves better. Castform is notable for being the only Pokemon who gets all of three these moves (I think), however, I think that's the only thing that stands out about it aside from its gimmicky ability.

The rest of its movepool is pretty unimpressive. Solarbeam in sun is great; Thunder in rain is great. But again, it is outclassed by other Pokemon in both of these cases. Castform gets Tailwind through 4th Gen move tutor, which is nice (and aside from Arceus, it is the only pure Normal-type who gets the move). Its physical movepool is pitiful, consisting only of Normal-type moves. Psych Up isn't too bad.

In the lower tiers, where Drought and Drizzle are non-existant Castform is an okay choice for setting up weather. It can pick any of the four different weather moves to use, and may be useful on a duel-weather team. Sadly, its mediocre defenses and lack of recovery mean it can't do it too much.

Countering Castform: Watching the weather is the key to defeating Castform. Despite relatively low offensive stats, STAB Fire Blast in sun and STAB Hydro Pump in rain will hurt a lot. And let's not forget a STAB Blizzard that never misses. Depending on the weather, switch to an appropriate counter. Castform's coverage moves may sting, but they won't hurt nearly as much as its STABs in the proper weather.

One way to beat Castform is to throw in weather of your own to screw it over. Make it rain on a Sunny Castform, or sun on a Rainy Castform. Sandstorm is the most reliable choice, as only Castform's Weather Ball has benefits from that. Even then, Forecast doesn't cause a form change in Sandstorm, meaning Castform will be hurt by the sandstorm and won't get any STABs on its moves.

The Cloud Nine ability (since you'll probably never see Rayquaza and Castform face off) is also a good counter. Golduck and Lickilicky are good choices, as they both have good special bulk to sponge Castform's attacks.

Castform can be revenge killed pretty easily. It isn't a fast Pokemon, and its defenses are mediocre at best. If it has a Scarf, most other Scarfed Pokemon will outrun it. And since it lacks any reliable recovery, it can't withstand repeated beatings.

In short, although Castform is a cute, gimmicky Pokemon, you should use it at your own risk. It is outclassed at most of what it can do, although it can cause quite a beating if your opponent is careless.
    Last edited by ClefairyRox; 15th January 2012 at 5:13 PM.

Use: novelity and NU weather teams...

In needs a rock form O.O why didn't gamefreak gave him one?

Castform @life orb/choice scarf
    252 speed/252 sp.attack/ 4 HP
    Modest (need max damage)
    Forecast
    -Hydro Pump
    -Fire Blast
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt

weather ball is kind of useless only base 75 power with STAB and it is not always a STAB

high powered moves should make up for his lame stats..

his only 2 good traits are
    1.His ability to counter weather (by being the type of the weather and resisting it's main users (sun-grass/fire, hail-ice , rain- water (but not electric).
    Although resisting it doesn't take too much damage until it goes down...

2.Great special movepool having access to all the cool moves.

note: should be partnered with weather starter better on teams with different weathers.

@clefairyRox weather ball doesn't get 150 BP when there isn't weather
    Last edited by Ilan; 15th January 2012 at 5:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Right off the bat, Castform always makes me scratch my head. It can adapt to any weather condition... except Sandstorm. For the life of me, I don’t understand why that’s so.

Anyways, Castform is kind of... It has the potential to... It really pals nicely with... Okay, yeah, it’s nothing but a gimmick Pokémon for weather. Base 70 stats across the board make for a rather depressing fighter and defender. For what it’s worth, it can set up any weather effectively (except friggin’ SANDSTORM) to assist with your team. It also has several moves under its belt to partner with the current said weather.

Abilities:
    Forecast – Is Castform’s only ability. It changes form and type according to the weather (again, except for Sandstorm): Fire-type for sun, Water-type for rain, and Ice-type for Hail. It’s a unique little trait and opens up different strategies.

Sun Supporter
    Item: Heat Rock/Leftovers/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature: Modest (+ Sp. Atk, - Atk) / Timid (+ Spd, - Atk)
    - Sunny Day
    - Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    - Solarbeam
    - Weather Ball

To be honest, although I’m listing Sunny Day on here, with Castform’s stats it probably shouldn’t be the only weather setup on your team. Regardless, it could be a backup when the weather fades out. With the Heat Rock Sunny Day will last longer. Fire Blast and Flamethrower get STAB – Fire Blast for more power, Flamethrower for better accuracy. Solarbeam fires immediately in sunlight and takes care of pesky Water, Ground, and Rock-types. Weather Ball changes type depending on the weather, and can be a backup move when your desired weather is swapped out by the opponent.

Alternatively, Leftovers can be held for more health, or the Life Orb for more raw power.

Rain Supporter
    Item: Damp Rock/Leftovers/Life Orb
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    - Rain Dance
    - Hydro Pump/Scald
    - Thunder
    - Weather Ball

The Damp Rock lengthens Rain Dance’s effect. Hydro Pump and Scald for Water STAB – Hydro Pump has more power, whereas Scald has better accuracy and a chance to burn. Thunder has full accuracy in rain. Weather Ball in case the weather changes again.

Hail Supporter
    Item: Icy Rock/Leftovers/Life Orb
    - Hail
    - Blizzard
    - Scald
    - Weather Ball

Icy Rock makes Hail last longer. Blizzard has perfect accuracy in hail. Scald particularly takes care of Fire-types that would otherwise resist you. Weather Ball, as said a million times already, is in case the weather changes on you suddenly.

I’ll just bring whatever weather I please!
    Item: Life Orb/Leftovers
    - Weather Ball
    - Sunny Day
    - Rain Dance
    - Hail

Whoop, here’s the set Castform comes with in Ruby & Sapphire. It’s rather self-explanatory: use any of the three weather moves Castform can change to, then use Weather Ball for STAB in that weather.

Other Options:
    There aren’t many options, really.

Castform does have access to Tailwind via HeartGold and SoulSilver Tutor... In case you need your Speed boosted... Of course, Pranksters like Whimsicott do a better job at it.

The only stat-boosting move Castform has is Amnesia through breeding.
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

Rain, Rain, Come And Stay, Help Me Sweep Them All Today
    Castform@Choice Scarf/Life Orb
    Modest nature
    Forecast
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Weather Ball/Hydro Pump
    ~Thunder
    ~Ice Beam/Blizzard
    ~Shadow Ball

Castform holds a special place in my heart, as one of my original team in Ruby Version. Unfortunately, that special place in my heart does nothing for its stats. Base 70s across the board is not good at all. However, given its versatile movepool and ability to work on pretty much any weather team, it may yet be able to pull its weight. This one is for use in a Rain team. Weather Ball becomes a 100 base power Water move in the rain, but Hydro Pump is for additional power if the accuracy isn't an issue for you. Either way, given STAB and the rain, Castform is gonna be firing off one hell of a powerful move. Thunder also works well with the rain, reaching 100% accuracy. Ice Beam/Blizzard forms the dreaded BoltBeam combo, and Shadow Ball is a filler move, good for striking down the occasional Shedinja.

Item is up to you. Which do you think needs the boost more; Special Attack or Speed? Ability is non-negotiable.

The Sun Will Come Out... Of Your *** Once I'm Through With You!
    Castform@Life Orb/Choice Scarf
    Modest nature
    Forecast
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Weather Ball/Fire Blast
    ~SolarBeam
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Hidden Power (Fighting)/Hidden Power (Dragon)

On the other hand, Castform functions perfectly well on a Sun team. Weather Ball is for STAB, but Fire Blast can be subbed in if the iffy accuracy is worth it to you. SolarBeam is a staple of any Drought team special attacker, as it fires in one turn. Shadow Ball is for filler, and the last move should be the Hidden Power of your choice. HP Fighting has perfect coverage with Shadow Ball, and HP Dragon has nearly perfect coverage with Weather Ball or Fire Blast, missing only Heatran (which Castform has no business facing in any case).

Item I explained on the last set. Ability is non-negotiable.

Sweepin' In A Winter Wonderland
    Modest nature
    Forecast
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Blizzard
    ~Thunderbolt/Protect
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Hidden Power (Fighting)

Castform works fine on a Hail team as well. Blizzard is not interchangeable with Weather Ball this time, as the former simply benefits more from the hail than the latter. Thunderbolt forms the BoltBeam combo with Blizzard, but is not necessary; can be exchanged for Protect on a non-Scarf'd Castform to help the opponent accumulate Hail damage. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting for perfect coverage.

Item I explained on the first set. Ability is non-negotiable.

Either Rain Or Sleet
    Modest nature
    Forecast
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Weather Ball
    ~Thunder
    ~SolarBeam
    ~Shadow Ball

This is a rather risky set, intended to allow Castform to take advantage of pretty much any weather condition not named sand. Thunder is for the rain teams, SolarBeam is for the sun teams, and Shadow Ball is for stuff in general. Weather Ball is the main move, almost always gaining STAB.

Item I explained on the first set. Ability is non-negotiable.

Other options:
    *It might be tempting to use Castform on a Sandstorm team, but Forecast won't activate in Sandstorm, so Castform will still take damage. Which it really can't afford to be doing in the first place. Don't do it.
    *Equally tempting is to take advantage of Castform's Attack stat, but again, not worth it, as its best physical moves are Double-Edge and Avalanche. Everything else is a bunch of other Normal moves with less base power.
    *Castform learns Tailwind through the Generation IV Move Tutors, which could be useful on any of the above sets (assuming Life Orb, naturally). The problem being, of course, finding an opening with which to use Tailwind to begin with, to say nothing of the loss of coverage.
    *Clear Smog is an option to take out opponents' stat boosts, but it's rather weak. Castform shouldn't really be using moves with iffy base power.

Abilities:
    *Forecast: Castform's one and only ability. If the current weather is Sun, Rain, or Hail, Castform changes shape and becomes a Fire-type, Water-type, or Ice-type, respectively. Allows Castform automatic STAB on Weather Ball unless there's a sandstorm, because for some reason, they never implemented a Sandstorm form.

Partners:
    Obviously, you want Ninetales, Politoed, or Abomasnow. Smashpassers don't exactly hurt either. Dual screens is of course greatly appreciated if you go with Tailwind.

Counters:
    Most Castform are engineered to function in one specific weather condition, so changing the weather generally screws Castform up greatly. Unless you bring out T-tar or Hippowdon, though, it still gets STAB on Weather Ball, so that's something to watch out for, not to mention the possibility of that one set designed to handle most weather conditions. Castform's stats are decidedly sub-par, however, so a good, solid move that Castform doesn't resist will usually do the trick.

Opinion:
    The concept behind Castform is very cool, and really could have worked better if its stats were a tad higher. I like Castform, though. Got me through Ruby version just fine.

Prediction for next week:
    Garbodor
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 17th January 2012 at 3:31 PM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 1 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

It's pretty much novelty, and needs weather to function well, but it can do some things with that movepool. Permanent weather is a bonus too.

Rain Abuse
    Castform @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
    Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Hydro Pump / Weather Ball
    ~ Thunder
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Energy Ball / Hidden Power Fighting

Rain is pretty common, and Politoed lets this guy cause quite a bit of damage. Hydro Pump hits hard in the rain, netting some surprising KOs. Castform also gets STAB when Rain is up. However, Weather Ball has better accuracy, and is able to get the weather boost to 100 BP. However, other forms of weather can change it, so Hydro Pump is better. Thunder + Rain = 100 accuracy, and smashes bulky waters. Ice Beam gives you the Bolt-Beam coverage, and hits the likes of Gliscor, Dragonite, and Landorus. Last slot is really filler. Energy Ball hits Gastrodon, who is immune to two of yout attacks, while HP Fighting hits Blissey (shouldn't really stay in on it though) and especially Tyranitar for a 4x super effective attack.

Sun Abuse
    ~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Weather Ball
    ~ Solarbeam / Thunderbolt
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Hidden Power Ground

Pretty much Rain abuse, this time with sun. The STAB has changed to the options in the first slot. Fire Balst is more power, Flamethrower better accuracy, Weather ball is a happy medium (but it can change). Thunderbolt is used to hit bulky waters, and especially Gyarados, and pairs nicely with Ice Beam, which hits Dragons. However, Solarbeam is preffered, as it can hugely dent waters while not needing to charge up a turn in the sun. HP Ground is purely for heatran, who walls you otherwise.

Hail Abuse
    ~ Blizzard / Weather Ball
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    ~ Hydro Pump

Most straight forward set. Blizzard is 100% accuracy in hail, and slams those who don't resist it. Weather Ball has more PP, but weather can change. Thunderbolt gives you Bolt-Beam, which is good. The third slot lets you hit Steels for huge damage, most notably Ferrothorn, and it really depends if you want power or accuracy. Hydro Pump is to hit Fire-types who resist Blizzard, most notably Heatran. Remember, use with Abomasnow (or Snover in the lower tiers).

The evs and items for the sets are the same because Castform needs to be able to hit hard with such and underwhelming SpA (though Work Up can be used to boost it).

Bulky Water (Rain Support)
    Castform @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
    Nature: Calm (+SpD, - Atk)
    Evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
    ~ Rain Dance
    ~ Scald
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Thunder Wave / Thunder / Rest / Disable / Clear Smag / Tailwind

This is made for the lower tiers, and with its type changed to water, Castform can be surprisingly bulky. Rain Dance gets you weather, and Scald has the chance of burning the opponent (with a nice STAB and rain boost), which is why Castform is specially bulky. Toxic is nice for crippling walls who think this is a "sweeping" Caastform. The last slot has many options. Thunder Wave cripples sweepers who don't mind being burned or poisoned, while Thunder hits hard with 100% accuracy in the rain, while also having a nice 30% chance of paralysis. Rest lets Castform get up to full health, but is pretty unreliable. Disable is nice, as it can stop a set up or choice locked foes. Clear Smog stops set up sweepers in their tracks as well. Tailwind is meant to support the whole team, though in the lower tiers, you are probably already running Swift Swimmers on a Rain team.
    Last edited by The3DOstrich; 15th January 2012 at 6:53 PM.

Some things that have to be noted for those that use a combination of fire and ice attacks on castform. First of all, in sunny weather, all chances of inflicting freezing status get reduced to 0% and all frozen pokémon immediately thaw out, in other words, get out the sun and you can't annoy your foes with the freezing status anymore. Secondly, hitting a frozen pokémon with a fire move also automatically cures its freezing status. This can be used by your opponent, switching in their pokémon you froze earlier as they anticipate your fire blast coming in, to be able to move again.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    Some things that have to be noted for those that use a combination of fire and ice attacks on castform. First of all, in sunny weather, all chances of inflicting freezing status get reduced to 0% and all frozen pokémon immediately thaw out, in other words, get out the sun and you can't annoy your foes with the freezing status anymore. Secondly, hitting a frozen pokémon with a fire move also automatically cures its freezing status. This can be used by your opponent, switching in their pokémon you froze earlier as they anticipate your fire blast coming in, to be able to move again.
    Cause we so rely on freezing hax...

it doesn't really matter nothing should survive a fire blast anyway... and if it do then it will be the last time you use fire blast on this certain pokemon... or castform against this pokemon... freeze hax is hax.

in conclution: no one cares about the freezing hax.
    Last edited by Ilan; 15th January 2012 at 8:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Castform... Weather "abuser"... Sort of!
    It could be the best pokemon ever if it have maybe 85 all around in place of 70 for stats but Meh!
    Anyway... This pokemon cannot and will not function outside of weather... Hail, Sun and Rain... Even in Sandstorms (Sure it won't be rock type... But at least weather ball will be).
    It has massive attacking moves especially special ones.
    -Couple Rain dance with scald or Hydro pump, Thunder, Weather ball.
    -Couple Hail with Blizzard, Thunderbolt, weather ball.
    -Couple Sunny day with Flamethrower or Fire blast, Solarbeam, Weather ball.
    -In a Sandstorm you can go with Weather ball, Thunderbolt, Ice beam, and return or tailwind.
    -If no weather is used (Although not recommended but maybe you think about trying this) you can use Tailwind or Work up, Thunderbolt, Ice beam and Return.

In the rain set you go with ultimate power. Destroy opponents with Hydro pump and a perfect accuracy thunders. Scald is accurate, Strong in rain and can burn... Choose your move. Weather ball will be boosted by the rain and if the weather gets changed it will remain boosted. If rain is already active add Ice beam to the combo to get the best coverage ever.

Same for the Sun teams... Boost your fire moves and cover your weaknesses with Solarbeam. You can go with energy ball if you are scared from weather change. If sun is active you can add thunderbolt to the set or Ice beam.

In hail you get the bolt beam coverage and weather ball.

Not pretty much effective but in a sandstorm this pokemon can be a shock to your opponent. Weather ball will be the only stabbed move and you'll have nice coverage. Return is there to round up the coverage since it's a strong normal move and this little thing is able to use physical moves. Tailwind will double your speed wich is nice.

On a non weathery team it's the same but now return is the only stab move now. Bolt beam coverage and one boosting move. Tailwind boosts speed while work up boosts attack and special attack perfect for this set as it uses both. Give it a try but I don't see it work wonders. (Same for the sandstorm set!).

Pretty much useless, but if you must use it, try a choice set. Scarf is the only way it'll be out-speeding anything, and with specs weather ball in the rain/sun, you might be doing some damage.

As for walling and tanking....my only advice there is give up. 70/70/70 defensive stats are awful. Not that they're good offensively either....
    Last edited by Zachmac; 15th January 2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

If your Really just in it for the laughs, you can go this route:

-Oh my God I can't believe we've actually resorted to this...

Castform @ Leftovers/Heat Rock/Damp Rock/Icy Rock
    Modest (+Spa, -Atk) or Timid (+Speed, -Atk)
    4 hp 252 Special attack, 252 speed

-Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Rain Dance/Sunny Day/Hail
    -Weather Ball/Fire Blast/SolarBeam/Hydro Pump/Thunder/Blizzard

Wow. Restalk Castform is really what you should be running if you want to mess with people. So, Rest and Sleep talk is obvious, Pick your Weather, and Pick your Weather Abusing suitable attack.
    Last edited by MMS; 16th January 2012 at 12:10 AM.
    C+ Grade PASBL Ref

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I've been gone from Serebii for over 4 months already and this is by far the best team to grace the barren wastelands of Serebii's Competitive section. Let its creation be known throughout the land. Kings will hold grand feasts to commemorate its conception. All wars will end. The eyes of children will finally be opened to the truth of MMS.
    Creds for the cute ub to my bby Turpoo <3

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Lizzy View Post
    Keep in mind that in sunlight Water-type attacks are halved. Although a good point to have more than purely fire-type moves in a Sunny Day moveset, Scald will have a sad base 40 power in the sun...
    Yeah, that's true. Plus Scald can't even burn Fire-types anyway...
    However, also keep in mind that this is for using it on Fire-types, which is super effective, cancelling out the 50% drop due to sunlight. You could always use another type move on a Fire-type, but Water-type moves will always be super effective against any Fire-type excluding Reshiram. So if you want, you could go with Hydro Pump, which is 120 power because the sunlight and the super effectiveness cancel out. Of course, this is for sweeping with Castform, which, despite my sets, we all know is outclassed at.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

If your wondering why Castform doesn't have a Sandstorm form, is because sand isn't precipitation. Sand isn't made in the clouds and fall from the sky like hail and rain do, it only occurs in deserts. Sun is the absence of precipitation.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

A Real Trolling One

Castform @ Leftovers
    Forecast, Timid
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
    - Sunny Day
    - Hail
    - Sandstorm
    - Rain Dance

Unless you have something with Taunt in front of you, it's a scary troll.

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

My Drizzle team Castform ser
    Castform @ Expert Belt
    Forecast, Timid
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
    - Weather Ball
    - Hydro Pump
    - Substitute
    - Psych Up

My other dragon please visit.

I'd like to note that sandstorm doesn't change it's form, but weather ball does become a rock type move.

Speaking of weather ball, it's power is actually doubled in when the weather changes. For castform specifically, it is most powerful in the sun/rain, where it becomes a base 100 power move, and then boosted to 150 power by the sunlight or rain. Then, because of STAB, it'll teach 225 power. It's second most powerful in hail, were it's 100 power plus STAB, reaching 150 power. In the sandstorm, it'll be base 100 power, with no further boost.

In other words, it'll only be doing damage if it's sun or hail, considering that special attack.
    My Drizzle team Castform ser
    Castform @ Expert Belt
    Forecast, Timid
    EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
    - Weather Ball
    - Hydro Pump
    - Substitute
    - Psych Up
    Why both Weather Ball and Hydro Pump? Psych Up usually isn't all that great either. I'd give it Thunder and some other move.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Seriously. Castform SUCKS. SUCKS. It's stats are comparable to Spinda, it's screwed if the weather is changed (in most cases), and the Scarf set can only barely outrun Starmie and +1 DDTar, which it can't touch. And I highly doubt Thunderbolt will kill it, considering Castform's mediocre base 70 Sp. Atk.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by grantholomew View Post
    Yeah, that's true. Plus Scald can't even burn Fire-types anyway...
    However, also keep in mind that this is for using it on Fire-types, which is super effective, cancelling out the 50% drop due to sunlight.
    Ah, good point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast