Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #55

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Why both Weather Ball and Hydro Pump? Psych Up usually isn't all that great either. I'd give it Thunder and some other move.
    Weather Ball is in case the opponent swaps the weather to attempt shutting down a rain, sun, or hail-specific Castform. Its type changes with the weather, so it gives it a flexible last resort STAB attack.
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

Physiology
    Castform is an artificial Pokémon created by the Weather Institute in Hoenn. It was designed to help scientists predict the weather, and consequently changes its appearance (and type) when the weather changes.

Castform does not have a form for sandstorms or fog.

I figured it out after thinking about the weather he doesn't change for, but needed proof. I got this off of bulbapedia. He's used to predict weather, sandstorm is an earthly element and fog an aquatic element. Hope that helps!
    Rawr.
    -- Reaper.

Well.. Its better than Spinda.

Castform @ Leftovers
    Ability: Forecast
    Nature: Modest (+Sp Attack, -Attack)
    EVs: 252 Sp Attack/128 Defense/128 Sp Defense
    - Weather Ball
    -Protect
    -Blizzard/Fire Blast
    -Thunder/Fire Blast

Used to adapt to weather conditions that either aid or hinder your team. Protect keeps it from fainting to early in the match for any suitable reason.
    Volcarona is awesome. It has the intensity of a Fire type and the cunning of a Bug type
    95% of teens would cry if they saw Justin Bieber at the top of a sky scraper about to jump. If you are in the 5% who would grab some popcorn and then go get a nice seat to watch then copy and paste this in your sig

White FC: 1764 3122 9404 Name Matt

Castform, oh Castform, how I pity you so. You were blessed with a shallow movepool, terrible stats, and an almost unusable ability... almost.

Honestly, though, Castform should only be used on a weather team, and when I mean weather team, I don't mean sandstorm teams.

Drizzle
    - Hydro Pump
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Shadow Ball
    Item Attached: Choice Scarf
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk) / Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

Drought
    - Solarbeam
    - Fire Blast
    - Ice Beam
    - Shadow Ball
    EVs and Nature:

Snow Warning
    - Blizzard
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    EVs and Nature:

With Castform's abysmal Speed, this is about all it can do: pseudo-revenge kill. It isn't fast enough to outspeed anything. It's Special Attack is so low, it's forced to use low-accuracy, high-damage moves.

(I may edit this later, if need be)
    Last edited by N8thePWNr; 16th January 2012 at 8:01 AM.

^Just saying, if you're going to use Castform, do it in sun or rain....in hail, it won't be doing anything, while it at least reaches 225 power weather balls in sun and rain, which might help it do some damage with that awful special attack....some. Specs is also an option for all of your sets, since it can be used for wall breaking...sort of.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

A Castform for All Seasons
    Stats: Timid, Max Speed & Sp.Atk, rest HP
    Item: Wise Glasses/Metronome
    Moves: Thunder, Blizzard, Scald, Flamethrower

Basically, you rely on allies and opponents for Forecast:
    -Use Thunder & Scald for Rain
    -Use Blizzard, Scald, & Flamethrower for Hail
    -Use Scald & Flamethrower for Sun

Since your opponents adapt to the weather they use, counter as needed. As per Items, Metronome allows you to fake a Choice Item while Wise Glasses is for your Special barrage. Choice Specs and Scarf are very bad for this set.

Solarbeam is not a good Castform option due to the near-identical coverage of Grass and Water Type Moves. Plus, Pokemon using the Sun are generally either Fire or Grass Type anyways.

Castform Counters
    Cloud Nine Pokemon are a big, fat middle-finger to Castform. Dragon Types laugh at you without an Ice Type Move available. Sand Stream-tar, Sand Stream-Hipp', Drought-tales, and Drizzle-toed will punish you if you are stupid enough to set foot...er, cloud...into their territory. Any Pokemon with better stats than Castform's 70-all-around will likely mess Castform up, too.

Ludicolo and Lanturn can deal with Cast-Rain, any Fire Type with Ground or Rock Type Moves, like Camerupt, deals with Cast-Sun, and any Ice Type with a Fighting or Rock Type Move, like Abomasnow with Focus Blast, deals with Cast-Hail. If Castform is setting up the weather, any Pokemon with Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave and decent Attack/Sp.Atk will make you revise that strategy. Castform's main job is to force an opponent to adapt, which any less-than-moderately-skilled player can already do while half-asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Well.. Its better than Spinda.
    not 100% certain..

spinda got superpower +countrary it worked for me a few times in NU everyone got it's use... but they both just suck.
    spinda got priority moves so it can attack something faster
    castform doesn't have it but castform got 70 base stats instead of 60 of spinda...
    It needs an evolution...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Reserved for later sets...

Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    If your wondering why Castform doesn't have a Sandstorm form, is because sand isn't precipitation. Sand isn't made in the clouds and fall from the sky like hail and rain do, it only occurs in deserts. Sun is the absence of precipitation.
    After some brief research, I still believe Castform could legitimately have a sandstorm form. Sandstorms in real life occur when wind blows up dirt, and if the dirt particles become fine enough, they become suspended. Eventually, they can go under a process known as “saltation”, where the particles of dirt are transported to other locations in fluids such a water.

In essence, sandstorms at least involve water, so really Castform could have a form for it.
    Last edited by Charizard Lizzy; 16th January 2012 at 5:40 PM.
    I'm thinking about creating a printer-friendly Pokédex guidebook for Black and White versions. Let me know what you think about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Lizzy View Post
    After some brief research, I still believe Castform could legitimately have a sandstorm or even a fog form. Sandstorms in real life occur when wind blows up dirt, and if the dirt particles become fine enough, they become suspended. Eventually, they can go under a process known as “saltation”, where the particles of dirt are transported to other locations in fluids such a water.

Fog builds up when the temperature and dew point are less than 4 degrees Farenheit.

In essence, fog and even sandstorms involve water, so really Castform could have a form for both of those.
    Fog has little to no use in competitive battling, and there is no way to set it up in battle.

Castform @ Life Orb
    4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SAtk
    Timid
    Forecast
    -Weather Ball
    -Thunder
    -Return
    -Solar Beam

This set is just for pissing people off by KOing them with Castform. Not really much other purpose.

Disableform @ Mental Herb/Focus Sash
    252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Bold
    Forecast
    -Substitute / Protect
    -Disable
    -Toxic / Thunder Wave
    -Tailwind

The whole point of this pokemon is that weather teams often have a common weakness. Castform baits things in and exploits this. Mental Herb is for if you're using substitute, so you can always get it up. Focus Sash should only be used if you have a Rapid Spinner on your team. Protect makes sure your opponent uses the move you want it to. Disable is the main point of this set, Castform can get rid of a common weakness to your team. This can be very useful if your team has a lot of set up pokemon, as you force switches as you set up. Toxic or Thunder Wave depending on which would be more useful, as if the opponent tries to switch out the disable you can cripple the switch in, which might also hurt your team. Tailwind doubles the whole of your team's speed, which is very nice.

This Castform should be put on a weather team with a big weakness / with lots of set up pokemon.

I think that's decent ^.^
    Last edited by Barbeller; 16th January 2012 at 5:22 PM.

I don't know WEATHER I should participate on this one or not.
    Nambiri

Ok this is getting wierd. It seems the pokemon im thinking about most every week becomes the pokemon of the week lol (its happened the last 3 times). But anyway... I should post a set!
    A great pokemon but should only be used on a team that knows weather moves.

SUNNY FORME
    Natue: modest
    Item: charcoal/leftovers
    Moves:
    weatherball
    sunny day
    fire blast
    headbutt

RAINY FORME
    Nature: modest
    Item: mystical water/leftovers
    Moves:
    weatherball
    rainyday
    hydro pump
    thunder

SNOWY FORME
    nature: modest
    Item: nevermelt ice
    Moves:
    weatherball
    hail
    blizzard
    ice beam

NORMAL FORME
    nature: tmid
    Item: shiny powder
    Moves:
    toxic
    headbutt
    substitute
    round
    Last edited by Dancing Togekiss; 16th January 2012 at 10:32 PM.

castform@choice scarf
    modest nature
    4hp/252 sp attack/252 speed
    -weather ball
    -blizzard/solarbeam/thunder
    -fire blast/ice beam
    -hydro pump/ice beam

moves depend on weather you use
    sun: weatherball, fire blast, solar beam, ice beam
    rain: weatherball, hydro pump, thunder, ice beam
    hail: weatherball, blizzard, fire blast, hydro pump

I don't know WEATHER I should participate on this one or not.
    /Facepalm
    SNOWY FORME
    nature: modest
    Item: nevermelt ice
    Moves:
    weatherball
    hail
    blizzard
    ice beam
    What's the point of weather ball and ice beam on this set? It'll be a 100 base power ice type move in hail, Ice Beam will be a base 95 power ice type move, while Blizzard will be a base 120 power ice type move, while it never misses. I can guarantee that you'll be using Blizzard much more then weather ball/Ice Beam.

Now, Hail is probably the worst of the three weathers to use it in, but if Reno insist on making a hail set, Fire Blast should be on it, to hit steel types, which give most blizzard users problems.
    The whole point of this pokemon is that weather teams often have a common weakness. Castform baits things in and exploits this. Mental Herb is for if you're using substitute, so you can always get it up. Focus Sash should only be used if you have a Rapid Spinner on your team. Protect makes sure your opponent uses the move you want it to. Disable is the main point of this set, Castform can get rid of a common weakness to your team. This can be very useful if your team has a lot of set up pokemon, as you force switches as you set up. Toxic or Thunder Wave depending on which would be more useful, as if the opponent tries to switch out the disable you can cripple the switch in, which might also hurt your team. Tailwind doubles the whole of your team's speed, which is very nice.

This Castform should be put on a weather team with a big weakness / with lots of set up pokemon.
    As much as I like your creative thinking, can't they just swap out and use those moves later? I know gengar was successful, but it had common immunities and higher speed, and it would only remove those weaknesses for itself, and not teammates.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 16th January 2012 at 11:05 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Hm. First POTW, and it's Castform. Well, let's see what there is.

Overview:
    As stated in the overview, Castform is basically a gimmick Pokemon. While its stats aren't too poor, it certainly leaves something to be desired in every category. However, its ability Forecast does make it versatile with weather effects (with Sandstorm being a possible exception). Basically, Castform is only good for weather teams, and even then it isn't too great.

Ability:
    Forecast: Castform changes form and type with the weather. However, this does not include Sandstorm, so it is limited to the others. Castform will be a Fire-type in the sun, a Water-type in the rain, and an Ice-tpe in the hail. Interesting, to say the least.

Sets

Sun:
    -Fire Blast
    -Solarbeam
    -Thunderbolt/ Hidden Power [Fighting]/ Shadow Ball
    Item:Life Orb/ Wise Glasses
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed

Sweeping with sun support. Fire Blast is your STAB in the sun and hits hard. Solarbeam not only benefits from not needing to charge in the sun, it also covers Castform's weaknesses when it's a Fire-type (Water, Rock, and Ground). The other moves are somewhat filler. Thunderbolt covers Water-types that aren't weak to Solarbeam, Hidden Power [Fighting] covers Steel, Rock, and Ground-types that resist Fire Blast and Solarbeam. Shadow Ball is mostly filler, although it would hit Psychic and Ghost-types for a super-effective hit.

Rain:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Thunder
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power [Ground]

Sweeping in the rain. Hydro Pump is your STAB and hits pretty hard. Thunder gets perfect accuracy in the rain, making it amazing. Since Castform is a Water-type in the rain, Ice Beam and Hidden Power [Ground] covers its weaknesses to Grass and Electric, respectively.

Hail:
    -Blizzard
    -Hidden Power [Ground]
    -Hydro Pump
    -Fire Blast/ Shadow Ball

Castform in hail weather. Blizzard is a powerful STAB that has perfect accuracy in hail. Sweet deal. Hidden Power [Ground] covers Castform's weaknesses to Fire, Rock, and Steel, while Hydro Pump helps cover Fire and Rock-types even more. Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are filler and give some additional coverage.

Other Options:
    Castform does have some utility moves that it could utilize: Tailwind, Thunder Wave, Disable. It has some options, however, Castform does not really have the defensive stats or the Speed to use them effectively. Castform should stick to sweeping.

The held item depends on your preference. Life Orb will boost all of Castform's moves by 1.3 times, but it will not be able to last as long due to losing 10% of its max HP. If you want Castform to "survive" better, the Wise Glasses won't cost HP, but its moves will only be 1.1 times stronger. While Castform could run Choice Specs/ Choice Scarf, it would be advised not to try this with the sun and hail sets, as it has issues with entry hazards, Stealth Rock when it is a Fire or Ice type. Castform would not want to be switching around too much.

Counters:

It completely depends on what the weather is like, which will determine Castform's type and movepool. Overall, special walls are the best way to deal with Castform, as it hardly goes physical and they can wear it down with Toxic or something. Castform is vulnerable to all entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock when it's in the sun or hail. Again, Castform is pretty much a gimmick Pokemon. It shouldn't be taken lightly, but don't overestimate it either.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

...Lol... castform...
    Outside of sun/sand cryogonal mocks castform...snorlax decides to go truant for kicks and giggles... O yea, moltres says hi

Quote Originally Posted by Furret Master View Post
    Hm. First POTW, and it's Castform. Well, let's see what there is.

Overview:
    As stated in the overview, Castform is basically a gimmick Pokemon. While its stats aren't too poor, it certainly leaves something to be desired in every category. However, its ability Forecast does make it versatile with weather effects (with Sandstorm being a possible exception). Basically, Castform is only good for weather teams, and even then it isn't too great.

Ability:
    Forecast: Castform changes form and type with the weather. However, this does not include Sandstorm, so it is limited to the others. Castform will be a Fire-type in the sun, a Water-type in the rain, and an Ice-tpe in the hail. Interesting, to say the least.

Sets

Sun:
    -Fire Blast
    -Solarbeam

Sweeping with sun support. Fire Blast is your STAB in the sun and hits hard. Solarbeam not only benefits from not needing to charge in the sun, it also covers Castform's weaknesses when it's a Fire-type (Water, Rock, and Ground). The other moves are somewhat filler. Thunderbolt covers Water-types that aren't weak to Solarbeam, Hidden Power [Fighting] covers Steel, Rock, and Ground-types that resist Fire Blast and Solarbeam. Shadow Ball is mostly filler, although it would hit Psychic and Ghost-types for a super-effective hit.

Rain:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Thunder
    -Ice Beam
    -Hidden Power [Ground]

Sweeping in the rain. Hydro Pump is your STAB and hits pretty hard. Thunder gets perfect accuracy in the rain, making it amazing. Since Castform is a Water-type in the rain, Ice Beam and Hidden Power [Ground] covers its weaknesses to Grass and Electric, respectively.

Hail:
    -Blizzard
    -Hidden Power [Ground]
    -Hydro Pump
    -Fire Blast/ Shadow Ball

Castform in hail weather. Blizzard is a powerful STAB that has perfect accuracy in hail. Sweet deal. Hidden Power [Ground] covers Castform's weaknesses to Fire, Rock, and Steel, while Hydro Pump helps cover Fire and Rock-types even more. Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are filler and give some additional coverage.

Other Options:
    Castform does have some utility moves that it could utilize: Tailwind, Thunder Wave, Disable. It has some options, however, Castform does not really have the defensive stats or the Speed to use them effectively. Castform should stick to sweeping.

The held item depends on your preference. Life Orb will boost all of Castform's moves by 1.3 times, but it will not be able to last as long due to losing 10% of its max HP. If you want Castform to "survive" better, the Wise Glasses won't cost HP, but its moves will only be 1.1 times stronger. While Castform could run Choice Specs/ Choice Scarf, it would be advised not to try this with the sun and hail sets, as it has issues with entry hazards, Stealth Rock when it is a Fire or Ice type. Castform would not want to be switching around too much.

Counters:

It completely depends on what the weather is like, which will determine Castform's type and movepool. Overall, special walls are the best way to deal with Castform, as it hardly goes physical and they can wear it down with Toxic or something. Castform is vulnerable to all entry hazards, especially Stealth Rock when it's in the sun or hail. Again, Castform is pretty much a gimmick Pokemon. It shouldn't be taken lightly, but don't overestimate it either.
    No, it's stats ARE poor. A 420 BST is terrible.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

A set I've come up with:

Castform @Leftovers
    Modest
    252HP/252Sp.Atk/4Spd

Substitute
    Hydro Pump
    Fire Blast
    Thunder/Blizzard

Obviously prefers some weather support.
    I'm so broke, I can't even afford a cool signature.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    No, it's stats ARE poor. A 420 BST is terrible.
    Base Total 420 makes it comparable to Shelgon, Dragonair, Metang, Zweilous, Linoone, Mightyena, and Watchog:
    -Shelgon gets Rock Head-Double Edge, Overcoat, and Eviolite as options, but lower HP, Specials, and Speed than Castform.
    -Dragonair gets Marvel Scale, Shed Skin, Eviolite, and several Move options, but less HP and Defense than Castform.
    -Metang gets most of what Metagross does plus Eviolite, but less HP, Sp.Atk, and Speed than Castform.
    -Zweilous gets lots of Physical options for Hustle and Eviolite access, but less Sp.Atk and Speed than Castform.
    -Linoone gets Gluttony-Belly Drum, but has less Defense and Specials than Castform.
    -Mightyena has Intimidate, Moxie, and Quick Feet Abilities, lots of options, and only has lower Specials than Castform.
    -Watchog gets Hypnosis, Super Fang, and the as-of-yet-unreleased DW Ability Analytic at the expense of lower HP, Defense, and Specials than Castform.

Don't hate Castform for its raw stat total alone. There are far more legitimate reasons to discourage its use. Castform's Movepool has to synergize with the weather and is limited in many cases, so its average HP and marginally-sub-average non-HP stats (to me, 80 is the "average" point for non-HP stats and 70 is average for HP) are good enough, especially with the ability to change to Fire, Water, or Ice Type with the weather.

On a Type note for stats:
    -Among Normal Types, Castform has Dunsparce's Physical stats, Pidgeot's Special stats, Noctowl's Speed, and Girafarig's HP.
    -Among Fire Types, Castform has Blaziken's defense stats, Growlithe's attack stats, Camerupt's HP, and marginally-sub-average Speed (71.54 is the Fire Type's average Speed from bulbapedia).
    -Among Water Types, Castform is practically the bulbapedia average for Water Types, overall.
    -For Water and Ice Type comparisons, Castform has Dewgong's attack stats and Speed, Sealeo's defense stats, and Spheal's HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Base Total 420 makes it comparable to Shelgon, Dragonair, Metang, Zweilous, Linoone, Mightyena, and Watchog:
    -Shelgon gets Rock Head-Double Edge, Overcoat, and Eviolite as options, but lower HP, Specials, and Speed than Castform.
    -Dragonair gets Marvel Scale, Shed Skin, Eviolite, and several Move options, but less HP and Defense than Castform.
    -Metang gets most of what Metagross does plus Eviolite, but less HP, Sp.Atk, and Speed than Castform.
    -Zweilous gets lots of Physical options for Hustle and Eviolite access, but less Sp.Atk and Speed than Castform.
    -Linoone gets Gluttony-Belly Drum, but has less Defense and Specials than Castform.
    -Mightyena has Intimidate, Moxie, and Quick Feet Abilities, lots of options, and only has lower Specials than Castform.
    -Watchog gets Hypnosis, Super Fang, and the as-of-yet-unreleased DW Ability Analytic at the expense of lower HP, Defense, and Specials than Castform.

Don't hate Castform for its raw stat total alone. There are far more legitimate reasons to discourage its use. Castform's Movepool has to synergize with the weather and is limited in many cases, so its average HP and marginally-sub-average non-HP stats (to me, 80 is the "average" point for non-HP stats and 70 is average for HP) are good enough, especially with the ability to change to Fire, Water, or Ice Type with the weather.

On a Type note for stats:
    -Among Normal Types, Castform has Dunsparce's Physical stats, Pidgeot's Special stats, Noctowl's Speed, and Girafarig's HP.
    -Among Fire Types, Castform has Blaziken's defense stats, Growlithe's attack stats, Camerupt's HP, and marginally-sub-average Speed (71.54 is the Fire Type's average Speed from bulbapedia).
    -Among Water Types, Castform is practically the bulbapedia average for Water Types, overall.
    -For Water and Ice Type comparisons, Castform has Dewgong's attack stats and Speed, Sealeo's defense stats, and Spheal's HP.
    This all proves that no Pokémon is completely useless. That's why we should say good things about each week's Pokémon. Every one has strong points and weak points. We shouldn't spend a week when we get a "bad" Pokémon trashing it, we should focus on its good qualities. Castform, like just about all other Pokémon, can be good or bad, it just depends on what Pokémon your opponent is using, and your effort on Castform's part.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

In terms of Speed and EVs relating to it I see two EV spreads usable for offensive Castform (unless you're crazy enough to use a defensive set).

Timid
    252 Speed / 252 Special Attack / 4 HP

- This spread lets you outrun Adamant Gyarados and Dragonite as well as beating virtually all walls in the game as well as Timid Magnezone, bulky Volcarona and Mamoswine.

Modest
    252 Special Attack / 60 Speed / 196 HP

- A slower, bulkier set. But one with more power. Outruns basic walls but doesn't beat stuff like Gyarados / Dragonite etc.

I wouldn't recommend any other EV spread on this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by grantholomew View Post
    This all proves that no Pokémon is completely useless. That's why we should say good things about each week's Pokémon. Every one has strong points and weak points. We shouldn't spend a week when we get a "bad" Pokémon trashing it, we should focus on its good qualities. Castform, like just about all other Pokémon, can be good or bad, it just depends on what Pokémon your opponent is using, and your effort on Castform's part.
    Well said. As for a few options, you could go outside the typical Castform-box with several Moves. Ominous Wind/Shadow Ball/Hex, Energy Ball, Clear Smog, Icy Wind, and Swift are decent options for being unusual:
    -A lucky Ominous Wind can give your bland stats a boost
    -Shadow Ball helps with Ghost and Psychic Types you might face more reliably
    -Hex pairs well if Scald's Burn effect kicks in
    -Cast-Sun Movesets with Energy Ball help you deal with Rain
    -Clear Smog is a 1-sided Haze with damage
    -Icy Wind can help your Speed passively
    -Swift gets a mention because it's a stronger Normal Type STAB than Weather Ball if weather is taken out of the equation

One question on castform recieving steal rock damage: Does it always recieve 1/8 damage, then change according to the weather, or does it activates forecast first, then recieve SR damage depending on its current typing?

...lol
    Uh, I actually recommend Choice Scarf is the only Item of choice...ever...for Castform. Without the capability to outspeed stuff, Castform will never live long - it must rely on its crazy STAB capability and type advantages to deal the damage it needs. Specs with heavy, heavy Paralysis support is also effective.

I don't recommend any support options of any kind on Castform, except perhaps Thunder Wave. Obviously, Castform is used on a weather team to supply it power. It is heavily reliant on what appears to be the most gargantuan movepool of almost all Normal Pokemon. Usually, such a set is Special-based only. This allows Castform to be a Fire-Type Pokemon on a Sun team with a crazy movepool, etc. This movepool only got improved with the introduction of Hydro Pump, Scald, Clear Smog, Tailwind, etc.

Oh, BTW, Stealth Rock damage is calculated based on Castform's new typing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast