View Poll Results: Whos better?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cynthia, she rocks!

36 69.23%
  • Lance, he is amazing!

16 30.77%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Cynthia vs Lance...who gonna win?!

Cynthia, she has the complete type advantage, Lance and his hacked dragons can burn into the distortion world

Cynthia just that she was a real challenge. Lance was swept with ease when i played the the games on my typhlosion solo run.
    Latest shiny: 2300 eggs and 600+ FS encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakphoon™
    Flash Fire Typhlosion is garbage.

Cynthia. She was a challenge since her whole team was organised around different kinds of Pokemon while Lance only focused on dragons. You had to properly prepare a team for Cynthia while only one or two was needed for Lance. Really you only need one move to defeat most of his team one turn each. Cynthia wouldn't struggle much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    Cynthia. She was a challenge since her whole team was organised around different kinds of Pokemon while Lance only focused on dragons. You had to properly prepare a team for Cynthia while only one or two was needed for Lance. Really you only need one move to defeat most of his team one turn each. Cynthia wouldn't struggle much.
    One ice move and one electric move and bye bye Lance. Add Stealth Rock in there too.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Am I the only person who found Cynthia very easy to beat? I swept her quite easily in Pokemon diamond.
    I did not even think my team was ready so I entered the elite four to try and get some ex for my Pokemon and the just won the game!
    I admit, I did use Dialga which I had caught.

I'm going with Cynthia. Her team is very well balanced and has 31 IVs all around. I'm going with Cynthia. Also, a cape is kinda cliché but an overcoat is boss. Yep Totally going with Cynthia.
    Ah light. Isn't it curious how in trillions of years all the light in the universe will be gone. Hope you have a flashlight.

Games: Pokemon Y, LoZ: ALBW, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    3DS Friend Code: 3952-7603-8923
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Electrode, Stunfisk, and Zebstrika
    Pokemon I'm looking for: Dragonair and Growlithe mainly but anything is fine.

Cynthia has a really good team and is really tough plus her spiritomb caused me aloud of problems in the past

Current Platinum team: Lv50 Lv50 Lv50 Lv50 Lv50
    Current Black team: Lv16 Lv16

I'm going to use the teams from the very last games they both appeared in. The PWT. That means all levels are set to 50 and have the same move sets as they have in the Champions Tournament. No items.

Conditions: Basic League field, 6 on 6 battle, no returns, and no substitutions.

Dragonite vs Garchomp = Edge Garchomp. Speed and Special attack.
    Salemance vs Roserade = Tie. Salemence low special Def but Roserade doesn't have enough power. Salemence has no super effective moves.
    Kingdra vs Spiritomb = Spiritomb. High special def and Kingdra has all special moves. Spiritomb has status and gimmick moves + sucker punch + STAB.
    Haxorus vs Togekiss = Haxorus. Super effective move( Rock Slide)
    Hydreigon vs Lucario = Lucario. Super effective, agile, speed, and Close Combat + STAB.
    Flygon vs Glaceon = Glaceon. 4 super effective ice beam + STAB. Flygon has no effective moves.

The winner is Cynthia 4 to 2.
    I love ghost types because their original and mysterious.

Lance, Cynthia is overrated.
    3DS Friend Code: 5069-4585-1055
    SV: 1845
    Flying-type (Tropius, Farfetch'd and Swanna)

Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    Lance, Cynthia is overrated.
    Not a viable reason

Milotic! Use Ice Beam!

Cynthia destroys Lance if we're talking about the Pokemon they used the first time. Everything on his team is weak to Ice with the exception of Gyarados and Charizard, and Garchomp has no real counter besides Gyarados.

If we're talking about their rematch teams, Cynthia's Garchomp still has an edge in speed over Lance's (Thanks, 31 IVs) and the 4x Ice weakness is still an issue.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/24673g8.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks to Astral Shadow and Equal-To-Heaven for the signature assets.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/aayd7r.jpg[/IMG]

But... But... Poor Lance :c
    Who cares anyway, he has a Hydreigon and an Altaria, deal with that!

Round 1: Lance has three Dragonite, none above level 50, where Cynthia has a Milotic that knows Ice Beam at level high-50's to low 60's (not checking the exact level) and Garchomp at level 66 or 62 (either way.) Lance is dead.

Round 2: Lance is no longer losing right away, but he still loses. Garchomp outspeeds all of his pokemon, he has 4 4x weaknesses to ice ... all in all, Lance's pokemon are just underleveled, in addition to being unbalanced.

With all Pokmeon Lv. 100: Close, and could go either way. His Garchomp would be just as good as hers and all his other pokemon are stronger than the rest of Cynthia's team one-on-one, but he still has that nasty Ice weakness, and Togekiss and Lucario aren't bad ...

In the Anime: who knows.
    Uh ...

Cynthia. Milotic Wrecks Lance's team, being one type only.
    Current Pokemon games that I am playing through:
    Pokemon LeafGreen

Pokemon Platinum

Pokemon Heart Gold

As much as I like Lance, Cynthia would win since her team is dynamic and diverse. Like someone else said, her Milotic alone would slay Lance's team which is kind of sad. I totally don't get the Cynthia hype though; she's a decent Champion but I feel that she's overrated. To me Lance seemed more likable so if the poll was still active I would've voted for him just because I prefer him as a character lol.

I keep thinking about how this would work on the anime. Considering there's no LV, stats and such... It would be interesting x)
    And who knows... Lance's Dragonite(s) seems to pack a lot of power.

This was bumped over a month ago, and theoretical stuff like this really can only be talked about so much.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910