View Poll Results: Whos better?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cynthia, she rocks!

36 69.23%
  • Lance, he is amazing!

16 30.77%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cynthia vs Lance...who gonna win?!

I think I voted for Lance, but it would be Cynthia. IRL Lance would annihilate her.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

Lance.. He was much harder then cynthia to beat.

Lance. Cynthia got no Outrage Absorber!

GodDamnZilla

I think that Cynthia would win. I don't even know why.

Credits to -Sorina_Hokage

I have to say Lance on this one because Dragonite types are harder to beat even if Milotic has Ice Beam.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nlr2pt.png[/IMG]
    May the flame burn forever
    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/2mfjeow.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/25ytxjt.jpg[/IMG]

Cynthia has at least one OHKO. ilotic has Ice Beam. Dragonite is 4x weak toice due to Dragon/Flying. the ither 4 pokémon he has aree either dragon or flying both of which are 2x weak to ice. Therefore easily the mach would have to go to.....................Cynthia.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    Cynthia has at least one OHKO. ilotic has Ice Beam. Dragonite is 4x weak toice due to Dragon/Flying. the ither 4 pokémon he has aree either dragon or flying both of which are 2x weak to ice. Therefore easily the mach would have to go to.....................Cynthia.
    I'm basing this on their Gen 4 Rematch Teams. I'll go with Cynthia because she actually makes use of her pokemon's best stats although I'd e tempted to choose lance soley because he has a better theme tune.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

In the game, it would be close due to speed differences, but I think Cynthia would take it.

In the anime, Lance would totally destroy her. Dragonite is always made out to be an absolute beast in the anime.
    FireRed Scramble

SoulSilver

HeartGold

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.'

Cynthia, for sure.
    Black FC: 5028 7872 0522 (Travis)

My shiny pokemon:

Cynthia all the way. Her Milotic and Garchomp are extremely strong.

Cynthia. She has a team of different types that can cover each other's weaknesses.

Cynthia for sure! She has such an awesome and well-balanced team, and Lance just spams his Dragonites!

Spoiler:- mega wishlist:

I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!
    Pokégyms:

Please. Lance has almost all duel dragon-flying types. So if Garchomp faints. (Which will be unlikely because of it's high speed and attack.) Her Milotic would fill in and then ice beam would destroy the rest of Lance's pathetic team.

I would say Cynthia, she has a decent balanced team, plus milotic and garchomp would destroy lance's whole team. Also, cynthia is hot!
    Current caught shinys:
    None yet
    Current hunt: (SR'ing in leafgreen)
    You are an Vulpix, The fox of fire that always like a good hug and also doesn't skip being broomed, you do have a bad side though...if someone touches you wrong you burn his face 9 of the 10 times...

Lance got dragons! What does Cynthia got? Gastrodan? Haha
    SuperTeam USA: Me, God, Jesus, Santa Clause and Easter Bunny and Holy Ghost
    I can't wait for Pokemon Black 2 and White! Elese and Bugh are back!

Quote Originally Posted by uisfuturegradstudent View Post
    Lance got dragons! What does Cynthia got? Gastrodan? Haha
    Lol, Gatsrodon walls Dragons and beat them with Ice beam.

*3DS FC: 4854-6647-2058. IGN is Sietse.

Holidays in 'murica, not online much for if anyone cares

Shirona, of course.
    Milokaros and Gaburias > Wataru's Kairyus.

Personally, I like her the most.
    Her team has more variety and I like her Pokémon the most.

Cynthia, even though I'm getting tired of her thanks to all the overexposure and growing to prefer Lance over her.

If the poll was still open, I would vote Lance. I think Lance has more experience. It would have been nice had they given Lance a Pokemon that helped balance his team in HG/SS though. Magnezone with Magnet Pull is one that comes to my mind due to its great synergy with Dragons, and it being defensive (which Lance lacks). To top it off, thats an evo of a 1st gen PKMN. Lance is old school after all. But, I guess he has to be the Dragon master.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Warrior View Post
    If the poll was still open, I would vote Lance. I think Lance has more experience. It would have been nice had they given Lance a Pokemon that helped balance his team in HG/SS though. Magnezone with Magnet Pull is one that comes to my mind due to its great synergy with Dragons, and it being defensive (which Lance lacks). To top it off, thats an evo of a 1st gen PKMN. Lance is old school after all. But, I guess he has to be the Dragon master.
    He doesn't have more experience. We don't know about Shirona's past as trainer to say this.
    And Jibacoil for a Dragon Master? You gotta be kidding. This Pokémon have nothing in common with Dragons.

Plus, he isn't the Dragon Master, he is a Dragon Master.

Based only in the real evidences showed in the game, Shirona have a stronger and more balanced team and would win against Wataru with a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    He doesn't have more experience. We don't know about Shirona's past as trainer to say this.
    And Jibacoil for a Dragon Master? You gotta be kidding. This Pokémon have nothing in common with Dragons.

Plus, he isn't the Dragon Master, he is a Dragon Master.

Based only in the real evidences showed in the game, Shirona have a stronger and more balanced team and would win against Wataru with a doubt.
    I merely suggested Magnezone (or as you say Jibacoil) because it resists Ice and Dragon moves which Lances Dragon Pokemon are weak to. I also suggested it because its an Electric PKMN which Lance lacks. Oh, and Magnezone being an evo of a 1st gen Pokemon is a plus since Lance was introduced in R/B. It having "nothing in common with Dragons" is why I suggested it be used in the first place since it will balance his team. Well, if Lance can't be called the Dragon Master, I don't know who can since there isn't another trainer who uses several Dragons that is a Pokemon League Champion (in the five regions we know of so far at least).

Alas, I was just throwing the idea out there that Lance should have at least one PKMN (not saying only Magnezone) that balances his team a bit. Not that it really matters, since he isn't real. Oh, and you are right about us not knowing about Cynthias past. She could be just as experienced if not more so than Lance. It was just my impression is all : ) I'm likely biased as I have always thought Lance is cool lol (for a Pokemon character at least).

I've always had more trouble fighting Clair than Lance, interestingly.

And Cynthia does have a better team, so I think she'd win against him.

Lacking a proper way to deal with Kingdra can make that battle such a mess.

If we take both champions' team they use in their respective battles...

Lance has a level50 Dragonite as his top pkmn.
    Cynthia has Garchomp at lv66... and her entire team is lv60+
    Cynthia's team is more varied,
    Garchomp, Milotic and Gastrodon basically have all they need to deal with Lance,
    having 10+ levels advantage and the right moves (Stone Edge, Ice Beam, Surf, Muddy Water, Dragon Rush)

Because Cynthia has such variation and higher level pokemon, she is a much bigger threat than Lance ever was.
    I mean, I've never heard anyone having issue's beating Lance even with an unfit team,
    and well, An underlevelled Feraligatr can oneshot his team without effort (Ice Punch/Fang/Beam).
    Not something a single starter from Sinnoh can do. (last time I checked anyways)

Cynthia is the most difficult Champion, she murdered me the first time I played Pearl.
    I had NOTHING on her and was forcee bd to restart my game, for the first time in pokemon,
    a single(starter) pkmn was not enough to pull me through the entire game.

based on all this, I'd say Cynthia will win, hands down.
    If we were talking R2, it be more difficult to say, but Cynthia still has considerable advantage.

Cynthia by FAR, milotic can take Lance by herself except maybe for gyarados, garchomp stone edge, or lucario's kill in one shot gyarados and charizard, the only thing that can make her lose is if she loses milotic and garchomp early, but i don't think so.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast