View Poll Results: Whos better?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cynthia, she rocks!

    36 69.23%
  • Lance, he is amazing!

    16 30.77%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 242

Thread: Cynthia vs Lance...who gonna win?!

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Still inside a pumpkin.
    Posts
    334

    Default

    I think I voted for Lance, but it would be Cynthia. IRL Lance would annihilate her.
    Shinies:

    Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Olivine City, Johto
    Posts
    4,305

    Default

    Lance.. He was much harder then cynthia to beat.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Yonkers
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Lance. Cynthia got no Outrage Absorber!

    GodDamnZilla

  4. #79

    Default

    I think that Cynthia would win. I don't even know why.


    Credits to -Sorina_Hokage

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace with Anna.
    Posts
    3,496

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    474

    Default

    I have to say Lance on this one because Dragonite types are harder to beat even if Milotic has Ice Beam.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nlr2pt.png[/IMG]
    May the flame burn forever
    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/2mfjeow.jpg[/IMG]

    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/25ytxjt.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    616

    Default

    Cynthia has at least one OHKO. ilotic has Ice Beam. Dragonite is 4x weak toice due to Dragon/Flying. the ither 4 pokémon he has aree either dragon or flying both of which are 2x weak to ice. Therefore easily the mach would have to go to.....................Cynthia.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Bark Town, Johto
    Posts
    661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    Cynthia has at least one OHKO. ilotic has Ice Beam. Dragonite is 4x weak toice due to Dragon/Flying. the ither 4 pokémon he has aree either dragon or flying both of which are 2x weak to ice. Therefore easily the mach would have to go to.....................Cynthia.
    I'm basing this on their Gen 4 Rematch Teams. I'll go with Cynthia because she actually makes use of her pokemon's best stats although I'd e tempted to choose lance soley because he has a better theme tune.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    62

    Default

    In the game, it would be close due to speed differences, but I think Cynthia would take it.

    In the anime, Lance would totally destroy her. Dragonite is always made out to be an absolute beast in the anime.
    FireRed Scramble

    SoulSilver

    HeartGold


    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.'

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Cynthia, for sure.
    Black FC: 5028 7872 0522 (Travis)



    My shiny pokemon:


  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Cynthia all the way. Her Milotic and Garchomp are extremely strong.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Orre...
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Cynthia. She has a team of different types that can cover each other's weaknesses.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    2,662

    Default

    Cynthia for sure! She has such an awesome and well-balanced team, and Lance just spams his Dragonites!

        Spoiler:- mega wishlist:

    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!
    Pokégyms:

  14. #89

    Default

    Please. Lance has almost all duel dragon-flying types. So if Garchomp faints. (Which will be unlikely because of it's high speed and attack.) Her Milotic would fill in and then ice beam would destroy the rest of Lance's pathetic team.

  15. #90

    Default

    I would say Cynthia, she has a decent balanced team, plus milotic and garchomp would destroy lance's whole team. Also, cynthia is hot!
    Current caught shinys:
    None yet
    Current hunt: (SR'ing in leafgreen)
    You are an Vulpix, The fox of fire that always like a good hug and also doesn't skip being broomed, you do have a bad side though...if someone touches you wrong you burn his face 9 of the 10 times...

  16. #91

    Default

    Lance got dragons! What does Cynthia got? Gastrodan? Haha
    SuperTeam USA: Me, God, Jesus, Santa Clause and Easter Bunny and Holy Ghost
    I can't wait for Pokemon Black 2 and White! Elese and Bugh are back!

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I dunt hav
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uisfuturegradstudent View Post
    Lance got dragons! What does Cynthia got? Gastrodan? Haha
    Lol, Gatsrodon walls Dragons and beat them with Ice beam.

    *3DS FC: 4854-6647-2058. IGN is Sietse.


    Holidays in 'murica, not online much for if anyone cares


  18. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Shirona, of course.
    Milokaros and Gaburias > Wataru's Kairyus.

    Personally, I like her the most.
    Her team has more variety and I like her Pokémon the most.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    Cynthia, even though I'm getting tired of her thanks to all the overexposure and growing to prefer Lance over her.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    100

    Default

    If the poll was still open, I would vote Lance. I think Lance has more experience. It would have been nice had they given Lance a Pokemon that helped balance his team in HG/SS though. Magnezone with Magnet Pull is one that comes to my mind due to its great synergy with Dragons, and it being defensive (which Lance lacks). To top it off, thats an evo of a 1st gen PKMN. Lance is old school after all. But, I guess he has to be the Dragon master.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Warrior View Post
    If the poll was still open, I would vote Lance. I think Lance has more experience. It would have been nice had they given Lance a Pokemon that helped balance his team in HG/SS though. Magnezone with Magnet Pull is one that comes to my mind due to its great synergy with Dragons, and it being defensive (which Lance lacks). To top it off, thats an evo of a 1st gen PKMN. Lance is old school after all. But, I guess he has to be the Dragon master.
    He doesn't have more experience. We don't know about Shirona's past as trainer to say this.
    And Jibacoil for a Dragon Master? You gotta be kidding. This Pokémon have nothing in common with Dragons.

    Plus, he isn't the Dragon Master, he is a Dragon Master.

    Based only in the real evidences showed in the game, Shirona have a stronger and more balanced team and would win against Wataru with a doubt.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    He doesn't have more experience. We don't know about Shirona's past as trainer to say this.
    And Jibacoil for a Dragon Master? You gotta be kidding. This Pokémon have nothing in common with Dragons.

    Plus, he isn't the Dragon Master, he is a Dragon Master.

    Based only in the real evidences showed in the game, Shirona have a stronger and more balanced team and would win against Wataru with a doubt.
    I merely suggested Magnezone (or as you say Jibacoil) because it resists Ice and Dragon moves which Lances Dragon Pokemon are weak to. I also suggested it because its an Electric PKMN which Lance lacks. Oh, and Magnezone being an evo of a 1st gen Pokemon is a plus since Lance was introduced in R/B. It having "nothing in common with Dragons" is why I suggested it be used in the first place since it will balance his team. Well, if Lance can't be called the Dragon Master, I don't know who can since there isn't another trainer who uses several Dragons that is a Pokemon League Champion (in the five regions we know of so far at least).

    Alas, I was just throwing the idea out there that Lance should have at least one PKMN (not saying only Magnezone) that balances his team a bit. Not that it really matters, since he isn't real. Oh, and you are right about us not knowing about Cynthias past. She could be just as experienced if not more so than Lance. It was just my impression is all : ) I'm likely biased as I have always thought Lance is cool lol (for a Pokemon character at least).

  23. #98
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    I've always had more trouble fighting Clair than Lance, interestingly.

    And Cynthia does have a better team, so I think she'd win against him.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Lacking a proper way to deal with Kingdra can make that battle such a mess.

    If we take both champions' team they use in their respective battles...

    Lance has a level50 Dragonite as his top pkmn.
    Cynthia has Garchomp at lv66... and her entire team is lv60+
    Cynthia's team is more varied,
    Garchomp, Milotic and Gastrodon basically have all they need to deal with Lance,
    having 10+ levels advantage and the right moves (Stone Edge, Ice Beam, Surf, Muddy Water, Dragon Rush)

    Because Cynthia has such variation and higher level pokemon, she is a much bigger threat than Lance ever was.
    I mean, I've never heard anyone having issue's beating Lance even with an unfit team,
    and well, An underlevelled Feraligatr can oneshot his team without effort (Ice Punch/Fang/Beam).
    Not something a single starter from Sinnoh can do. (last time I checked anyways)

    Cynthia is the most difficult Champion, she murdered me the first time I played Pearl.
    I had NOTHING on her and was forcee bd to restart my game, for the first time in pokemon,
    a single(starter) pkmn was not enough to pull me through the entire game.

    based on all this, I'd say Cynthia will win, hands down.
    If we were talking R2, it be more difficult to say, but Cynthia still has considerable advantage.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your heart :B
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Cynthia by FAR, milotic can take Lance by herself except maybe for gyarados, garchomp stone edge, or lucario's kill in one shot gyarados and charizard, the only thing that can make her lose is if she loses milotic and garchomp early, but i don't think so.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •