Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shortest/longest soft reset?

Default Shortest/longest soft reset?

I am about to start SRing for a shiny Ho-Oh in HG and it got me wondering... What was your shortest and/or longest soft reset session before you got your end result?

That is, in terms of how many times you had to soft reset before you actually got your shiny/good natured/desired gender poke. Or whatever you may have been soft resetting for.
    Last edited by canadiandragon; 17th January 2012 at 3:24 AM.
    Heart Gold FC: 2452-0151-5662

Feel free to make me an offer any time. I'm on here everyday at some point and I'm always looking for something I haven't got.

Currently have plenty of Hippopotas for trade with flawless defense and Slack Off. Looking for anything.

Ive never had a successfull SR, but i did SR 120 times once for a shiny charmander. thats my longest and shortest. no, shortest was 10 times for ho oh before i thought it was a stupid idea.. no offense.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

I SR'd twice for a Shiny Cyndaquil.
    Was just trying to get a good nature. (Rash, Yay!)

Can I ask.? Wht is softresetting? Howd ya do it? Is itt safe? What are reuirements to do this?

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

Quote Originally Posted by LightningRevolver View Post
    Can I ask.? Wht is softresetting? Resetting the game without turning off the game Howd ya do it? Hold A+B+L+R (I think) for DS games and Start+Select+A+B for 3rd Gen games Is itt safe?Completely What are reuirements to do this?None. Just have the buttons working (:

There ya go (:
    And my only one was only 2 days for a shiny Palkia

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

If we're talkin about incomplete ones, I SR'd the static Latias in SS about 10 times, then lost patience for it :P

My Friend Safari is Light type.

I never had enough determination to SR much. I went probably 250 times and got sick of it and stopped when trying to get shiny Giratina.

GodDamnZilla

My longest SR hunt ever was 13,285 SRs for Treecko, while my shortest hunt in HG was Sudowoodo which was somewhere around 900 SRs. Good luck on your Ho-oh hunt, im also hunting him in my HG.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

I don't know the precise number, but using the counter app, I got around 20k resets for a Shiny Palkia.

I believe I only had to soft reset once when I was trying to get a female Treecko from Steven. I was prepared to sit through about a half hour or so and was relieved when I saw the pink down arrow thing.

Yesterday, I spent 2 hours in pokemon leaf green trying to catch a pikachu in viridian forest with a beneficial nature. I almost threw my game against wall. Now I have to do it again, but with diglett..
    -___-
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

My longest is two months for a shiny Landorus. My shortest was Houndour, which took literally 17 encounters.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I've been SR'ing and buying 5 Dratini at the game corner for about two weeks now with no luck.

That's 5 new Dratini about every 2 minutes, and still... NO SHINY DRATINI!!!

Ugh.

I don't quite remember how many SRs it took for me to get shiny Dialga on Platinum, but I do know that it took months to accomplish at any rate. I'm not sure about how long it took for me to get shiny Palkia, not that it matters though, since my Luxray killed it. T_T I was at my grandmother's when it happened, so I couldn't excatly curse to oblivion. lolz

I need some motivation from my fellow serebii community. I have been trying to sr a shiny rayquaza and it has been several days and around 5000 resets give or take. What do some of yall do to keep up the motivation when it is taking so long? Thanks for any advice. *side note* if this is the wrong spot i apologize in advance.

my only shinies have been the following.
    red gyarados in both crystal and soul silver.
    a blue dugtrio in crystal
    a shiny larvitar careful nature in soul silver when breeding for the perfect curse tyranitar
    and lastly when ev training a shiny tentacool appeared, i couldnt run because he was shiny and how rare they are and all i had was a masterball.

My shortest is Giratina which took (roughly) 30 SRs.
    My middle is Feraligatr which took about 200 SRs.
    My longest is Lugia which is still going on with about 500 SRs. I'm gonna keep going now. xP
    My Pokemon Teams:
    Fire Red:
    Leaf Green:
    Sapphire:

My Shiny Pokemon:
    (RE)
    (SR)
    (SR)

Shiny Pokemon Being Hunted:

As I'm still new to the whole soft-reset gimmick, I rarely use it. Thus, I soft-reseted I think once the whole time, and that was in the beginning of the game in Diamond. I'm kinda picky about the gender of my starter, so I soft-reseted about a good seven times (might've been more) before I got a female Turtwig.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I did 15-25 SRs for a shiny Oshawott, then I gave up. Well, I don't SR with the L+R+A+B buttons because the L button is broken, instead I use the DSi On/Off switch which works as SRing too.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

Last time I did, I only took 15 resets until I found a Modest Ho-oh.

Unless you have tons if patience, which I don't have, don't bothering attempt. As scoring it on your first few tries is quite unlikely, so it's not advised

4 times for a Snivy with a good nature..
    It was Docile so i was almost pressing the buttons again when i saw it was shiny, almost got a heart attack
        Spoiler:- My wants! PM me if you have any of these!:

All of you people should learn how to rng... link in my sig (5th gen only atm).

Well, i think people should decide for theirself if they should learn how to rng
        Spoiler:- My wants! PM me if you have any of these!:

It just gets on my nerves seeing posts like "I sr 10,000+ times for a shiny lugia or whatever." That to me translates to "I don't have a life," and yet people boast about it like its some sort of weird achievement... when I can rng any shiny in less than five minutes and get flawless IVs. My shiny isn't just gonna sit in a box -looks at my shiny flawless timid kyurem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast