Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortest/longest soft reset?

Yeah i definitely get your point and i partly agree with it, i just dont think you will get somebody into RNGing by calling them people without a life or say what they should do. Btw your wordpress guide is really good, better than most of the other guides that are making stuff seem harder than it is.
        Spoiler:- My wants! PM me if you have any of these!:

Quote Originally Posted by blisseytank View Post
    Yeah i definitely get your point and i partly agree with it, i just dont think you will get somebody into RNGing by calling them people without a life or say what they should do. Btw your wordpress guide is really good, better than most of the other guides that are making stuff seem harder than it is.

Anyway I found sr for nature frustrating enough, let alone shinyness. But really when it comes down to it, it's the IVs that really matter. Shiny pokemon aren't any stronger than regular colored pokemon.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 2nd April 2013 at 2:07 PM.

Why does pretty much every discussion concerning shinies turn into Hunting v RNGing? Honestly, there was a thread in GPD where loads of RNGers were just being condescending and pushing RNGing onto others, but you haven't at least. And how the hell does SRing mean you don't have a life? That is a harsh thing to say, they might only do like 200 SRs a day and spend the rest of the day going out with friends. In the end, just let them choose, it leads to a lot less of RNG V Hunting "wars". I remember trying hard to learn RNGing, but then I just thought that getting shinies via hunting was something that I would find easier. By heck it is, and it's really good for building your patience up. The feeling of getting one is great, especially after 15k SRs, but the same goes for an RNG that takes up a lot of your time to get. In the end, don't try to get people to do what you do, just give them a choice and leave it to them.

(Sorry if I came across as really rude, I have somewhat strong feelings when people say you have no life when shiny hunting.)
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I just attempted Soft Resetting for the first time in Soul Silver. I was going for either a Chikorita or Totodile since I already have a shiny Cyndaquil on my Black 2. After only about an hour and a half spread over 2 days, I got a shiny Modest Female Chikorita! That's pretty much the rarest of the rare since it's a female. Im super excited.
    FC: 3582-8784-1492
    IGN: Adam

Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Ghost: Lampent, Phantump, Dusclops

I did forty chances in Black and never got a shiny Audino.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

I tried once... Gave up after realising I had no idea how to Sr...

I SRed once for a female Chikorita and I got one......but I couldn't save since I didn't restart my HG game properly. T_T I SRed about 30 times.

Quote Originally Posted by greatguy View Post
    I don't know the precise number, but using the counter app, I got around 20k resets for a Shiny Palkia.
    Thats sick

I was super lucky today: I was suppose to meet with my local pokemon fanclub group in the city so I felt motivated to soft reset for rayquaza in my soul silver game. Believe it or not it took me 50 soft resets to get a shiny and even luckier its Adamant nature!
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/186ae5585...bzt6o6_250.jpg
    My Deviantart: http://ninfiaplushies.deviantart.com/
    My Pokemon White 2 FC: 3483 2007 2970
    Slyveon/Ninfia picture belongs to http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.com Orginal moving gif version can be seen here: http://x-squishystar-x.deviantart.co...nfia-353982850

Currently, I've only done two SR hunts, both of which are still in progress. Aipom is currently at 1401 SRs and Dialga at 1245. Which one'll shine first is anyone's guess, however I have to wait another 6 hours tomorrow morning to start the honey trees up again.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

I don't know the exact number (this is tedious enough for me without *counting* them), but I've got the Shiny Charm and have been going for the better part of 3 days now on Regice with no success. =/
    Pokémon X: 1693-0973-8659
    Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen

Pokémon Black 2:

My shortest soft reset hunt was Kyogre, with only 2 soft resets to get it.
    My longest, however, is still going on. For Latias, I might be around 500 to 600 soft resets right now.
    But these are my only hunts with soft resets.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Shortest: Cyndaquill on HG in less than 100 SR's. Longest: My longest completed SR hunt is my Virizion, the only one with the charm at 1065 SR's. My longest unfinished SR hunt was the 5,307 SR's I did for Squirtle, followed by the 4,374 SR's I currently have for Charmander.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ: Hunting:
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

Right now I'm sring for a shiny cyndaquil the only other shinies I had were 2 gyrados and a hypno but that game got wiped and I was so mad I'm still really annoyed

I don't really count, but I started my first attempt at getting a shiny Totodile on SS yesterday. This has been going on for a day.

I have never soft resetted except to get a male Sudowoodo

It depends on which pokemon i would have the patience for. Ho-oh would be interesting to have as shiny however its like for Heatran then I could get away with just good stats so it tends to be short

Question...

If i turn my DS off and switch systems will it effect the chance of getting a shiny from soft resetting?? ( just got a 3DS)

Skype -- Demonwolf668
    AIM -- Demonwolf668
    Steam -- Demonwolf668

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12