Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Heart Gold Team

Unhappy Future Heart Gold Team

Well i'm currently at the 4th gym training a few Pokemon, and my team is really, truly terrible. But it's mostly Pokemon I like or enjoy, so i'm just using them. Move-sets can be changed as much as you want, though this is not competitive.

Typhlosion @???
    Solar-Beam
    Eruption
    Flamethrower
    Sunny Day/ Lava Plume

Dragonite @???
    Thunder
    Outrage
    Waterfall/???
    ???

Umbreon @???
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Dark Pulse
    ???

Bellosom @???
    Sunny Day/???
    Magical Leaf
    ???
    ???

Crobat @???
    Cross Poison
    Fly
    Bite??
    ???

Lapras @???
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Waterfall/???
    Blizzard/ Thunderbolt??

And possibly for later, or replacing:

Slowbro @??? (For Lapras)
    Psychic
    Curse/Amnesia
    Surf
    ???

Snorlax @???
    Giga Impact
    Ice Punch
    ???
    ???

As I said, terrible. I don't want fly on Dragonite If I can avoid it, and I have always wanted to use it Crobat. I used Snorlax before, but it's just so tempting. Same for Slowbro but I haven't used Lapras. HELP!!!
    Dear signature:

I will never master your power, and will always be nothing, so as revenge? This super glue note, which is stuck to your signature hand, will implode along with you, in minus ten minutes.

May I ask what their levels and nature are?

Special thanks to Sweet May @ lightspeed graphics for the Trainer Card.

Here try this
    Typhlosion@Charcoal
    -Fire Blast
    -Flamethrower
    -Earthquake
    -Focus Blast
    Fire Blast for high power and STAB, also Flamethrower for good power and more PP along good accuracy then don't forget STAB. Then Earthquake for coverage and great power. Also Focus Blast for coverage and good power along with it being a Special Attack which Typhlosion needs.

Dragonite@Dragon Fang
    -Dragon Claw
    -ThunderBolt
    -Fire Punch
    -Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw for good power and STAB, along with good accuracy. Then Thunderbolt and Fire Punch for coverage. Finally Dragon Dance to set him up.

Umbreon@Black Glasses
    -Dark Pulse
    -Toxic
    -Moonlight
    -Curse
    Dark Pulse for STAB and coverage against Psychic & Ghost types. Toxic to poison the other team for the others in your party. Then Moonlight to go with Bellossom's Sunny Day for extra Healing. Next Curse for even greater Bulk in Defense then he already has.

Bellossom@Miracle Seed
    -Sunny Day
    -Leaf Storm
    -Moonlight
    -Sleep Powder
    Sunny Day for extra healing with Moonlight for both Umbreon and Bellossom. Then Leaf Storm for ultimate base power and STAB. Sleep Powder to put the enemy to Sleep.

Crobat@Black Sludge
    -Cross Poison
    -Air Slash
    -Return
    -U Turn
    Cross Poison for STAB and descent power. Air Slash for some STAB and ok power. Return considering he will have good happiness so that means even greater power. Then finally U-Turn for Psychic coverage and scouting.

Lapras@Mystic Water
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    Surf for good power and STAB, same goes for Ice Beam which also coverages Dragon types. Then Thunderbolt for coverage. Finally Psychic for coverage against Ghost types.

Slowbro@Leftovers
    -Psychic
    -Curse
    -Surf
    -Earthquake
    Psychic for good power and STAB. Then Curse to make him even bulkier. Next Surf for good power and accuracy along with STAB. Earthquake for high power and coverage.

Snorlax@Leftovers
    -Ice Punch
    -Body Slam
    -Earthquake
    -Brick Break
    Ice Punch for coverage. Earthquake for coverage and high power. Body Slam for STAB and 30% chance to paralyze. Then Brick Break for coverage and descent power.

Ok hope this helped.
    Looking for Shroomish with Poison Heal along with the Egg Move Focus Punch.
    PM me for an offer
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 1120-4325-7499
    Pokemon Heartgold Friend Code: 4857-0879-7834

Quote Originally Posted by Kays View Post
    May I ask what their levels and nature are?
    Levels are not important as it is a future team ( most aren't fully evolved) and natures are really not important and, unlike most people apparently, natures do nothing to my Pokemon. EVER. But if you insist i'll edit the top later.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeGuy2 View Post
    Here try this
    Typhlosion@Charcoal
    -Fire Blast
    -Flamethrower
    -Earthquake
    -Focus Blast
    Fire Blast for high power and STAB, also Flamethrower for good power and more PP along good accuracy then don't forget STAB. Then Earthquake for coverage and great power. Also Focus Blast for coverage and good power along with it being a Special Attack which Typhlosion needs.

Neat, I thought a Bellossom Sunny Day then Switch for Typloshion Solar Beam would rid him of all his weaknesses, so I might use that over Focus Blast. And Eruption has a lot of power, but more accuracy, so would it be better to use that?

Dragonite@Dragon Fang
    -Dragon Claw
    -ThunderBolt
    -Fire Punch
    -Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw for good power and STAB, along with good accuracy. Then Thunderbolt and Fire Punch for coverage. Finally Dragon Dance to set him up.

I was thinking that. The only thing is I don't feel like taking ages at the game corner, so I might stick with Thunder.

Umbreon@Black Glasses
    -Dark Pulse
    -Toxic
    -Moonlight
    -Curse
    Dark Pulse for STAB and coverage against Psychic & Ghost types. Toxic to poison the other team for the others in your party. Then Moonlight to go with Bellossom's Sunny Day for extra Healing. Next Curse for even greater Bulk in Defense then he already has.

I see. Maybe Shadow Ball would be better than Toxic? And the rest I agree with.

Bellossom@Miracle Seed
    -Sunny Day
    -Leaf Storm
    -Moonlight
    -Sleep Powder
    Sunny Day for extra healing with Moonlight for both Umbreon and Bellossom. Then Leaf Storm for ultimate base power and STAB. Sleep Powder to put the enemy to Sleep.

Sleep Powder is helpful, but with only one attacking move which only has 5-10 PP or something, I was thinking Magical Leaf instead. Bellossom is slightly Bulky on Sp. Def.

Crobat@Black Sludge
    -Cross Poison
    -Air Slash
    -Return
    -U Turn
    Cross Poison for STAB and descent power. Air Slash for some STAB and ok power. Return considering he will have good happiness so that means even greater power. Then finally U-Turn for Psychic coverage and scouting.

I will stick with Fly over U-Turn just because by switching out, it lowers happiness (So Return is less powerful), and for HM purposes.

Lapras@Mystic Water
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic
    Surf for good power and STAB, same goes for Ice Beam which also coverages Dragon types. Then Thunderbolt for coverage. Finally Psychic for coverage against Ghost types.

Waterfall> Thunderbolt because of HM purposes and again I can't be bothered.

Slowbro@Leftovers
    -Psychic
    -Curse
    -Surf
    -Earthquake
    Psychic for good power and STAB. Then Curse to make him even bulkier. Next Surf for good power and accuracy along with STAB. Earthquake for high power and coverage.

Snorlax@Leftovers
    -Ice Punch
    -Body Slam
    -Earthquake
    -Brick Break
    Ice Punch for coverage. Earthquake for coverage and high power. Body Slam for STAB and 30% chance to paralyze. Then Brick Break for coverage and descent power.

Ok hope this helped.
    Comments in bold, and it helped very much.
    Dear signature:

I will never master your power, and will always be nothing, so as revenge? This super glue note, which is stuck to your signature hand, will implode along with you, in minus ten minutes.

1. Typhlosion @Wise Glasses
    - Solar-Beam Focus Blast
    - Eruption
    - Flamethrower
    - Sunny Day / Lava Plume Will-O-Wisp

Eruption is very powerful when you're at full health. Sunny Day is not very useful in this team because it only helps Bellossom (and to an extent, Typhlosion) but if you must use Bellossom, then use Sunny Day. Otherwise, use Will-O-Wisp.

2. Dragonite @Muscle Band
    - Thunder Fire Punch
    - Outrage
    - Waterfall Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake

Pretty self-explanatory. Dragon Dance up to boost speed and attack power, then use the appropriate move. Outrage may confuse you, but I'm sure that by that time, Dragonite would have killed 1-3 of your opponent's Pokemon. And when Dragonite is confused, just switch it out for someone else.

3. Umbreon @Leftovers
    - Shadow Ball Wish
    - Psychic Mean Look
    - Dark Pulse / Yawn
    - Baton Pass

Shadow Ball has the same coverage as Dark Pulse, except that Dark Pulse is stabbed and Shadow Ball doesn't hit Normal types. To be honest, Umbreon isn't much an attacker, his attack stats are low (both only 10 points above Pikachu's). I made Umbreon into a trapper. Mean Look to prevent your opponent from switching Pokemon, then Baton Pass it. Normally, if you switch Umbreon with someone else, Mean Look's effect is nullified, but Baton Pass retains Mean Look. This is great because your opponent is stuck with a Pokemon and you can switch to someone who resist their moves and power up. Dragonite would be a great choice. Dark Pulse if you must have Umbreon attack, but Yawn to put your opponent to sleep + Baton Pass Mean Look is nothing to scoff at.

4. Bellossom @
    - Sunny Day Drain Punch
    - Magical Leaf Leaf Storm
    - Sleep Powder
    - Moonlight

If you're playing her, you should play Typhlosion with Sunny Day. Bellossom's sluggish speed is not too great for Sunny Day because she will usually get hit before you pull that off. By adding Drain Punch, Bellossom has good coverage for those Steel types.

5. Crobat @Leftovers
    - Cross Poison Super Fang
    - Fly
    - Bite Roost
    - U-turn

Crobat is the second fastest non-Uber Pokemon. Ninjask being the speediest. Super Fang cuts your opponent's HP in half, regardless of type. And with Crobat's speed, he can usually get two of these in since Crobat has decent bulk. Roost to recover. U-turn to switch out and bring someone to finish the job. This Crobat easily breaks walls. And why do you say that switching out reduces happiness?

6. Lapras @Leftovers
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Blizzard/ Thunderbolt Return

A Lapras with Dragon Dance can work really well. Her average speed gets a good boost and after that she can usually make the first move. Her decent defenses and high HP allows her to Dragon Dance up at least once. After that, just hit away. Without Surf may or may not be a problem since Slowbro will have it.

7. Slowbro @Leftovers
    - Psychic
    - Curse/Amnesia Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot / Slack Off

Slowbro is bulky, but he is obviously super slow. He probably doesn't fit the tempo of your team. Slack Off for instant recovery, and Calm Mind up and sweep away. Trick Room Slowbro can work, but that doesn't help your other teammates.

Reasons to consider Slowbro: bulkier than Lapras and access to instant recover in Slack Off
    Reasons to consider Lapras: faster. I usually prefer speed. You can get more attacks in before your opponent KOs you.

8. Snorlax @Leftovers
    - Giga Impact Return
    - Ice Punch Curse / Crunch
    - Rest / Earthquake
    - Fire Punch

Oh yea, the big lard is back. Return is way more powerful than Giga Impact, especially since you waste a turn using it. Curse will make Snorlax even bulkier while you can use Crunch to attack Ghosts. Rest if you want to use Curse or just use Earthquake with Crunch for coverage. Fire Punch to handle steels.
    Last edited by Kays; 29th January 2012 at 6:43 AM.

Sure Solarbeam combo with Sunny Day Bellossom would work well for Typhlosion.
    Eruption is fine as long as you have FlameThrower for back up if Eruption runs out considering it has 5PP. Yes you could use Thunder for Dragonite but you will take the risk of its low accuracy. Shadow Ball I think isn't needed if you have Dark Pulse cause Dark Pulse covers both Ghost and Psychic types, while Shadow Ball only will cover Psychic types but if you wanna use it thats fine. I guess you could give your Bellossom Magical Leaf it has descent damage and STAB, so ya Sleep Powder is optionable. Didn't realize about it lowering happiness, and its understandable that you need Fly. Also giving Waterfall to Lapras is understandable to cause of HM purposes, but there is another option you could just have a HM slave for that.
    Looking for Shroomish with Poison Heal along with the Egg Move Focus Punch.
    PM me for an offer
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 1120-4325-7499
    Pokemon Heartgold Friend Code: 4857-0879-7834

Shadow Ball covers Ghosts too. And calling a Pokemon back doesn't reduce happiness.

Also, Dragonite has no use for Thunder or any electric-attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kays View Post
    5. Crobat @Leftovers
    - Cross Poison Super Fang
    - Fly
    - Bite Roost
    - U-turn

Crobat is the second fastest non-Uber Pokemon. Ninjask being the speediest. Super Fang cuts your opponent's HP in half, regardless of type. And with Crobat's speed, he can usually get two of these in since Crobat has decent bulk. Roost to recover. U-turn to switch out and bring someone to finish the job. This Crobat easily breaks walls. And why do you say that switching out reduces happiness?
    Actually, Super Fang cuts HP to 50% if HP is above that (like full HP). After that it does according to the BP, which isn't that high. So Super Fang is not guaranteed 2HKO

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldfan View Post
    Actually, Super Fang cuts HP to 50% if HP is above that (like full HP). After that it does according to the BP, which isn't that high. So Super Fang is not guaranteed 2HKO
    I didn't say it is a 2HKO. Super Fang cannot KO anyone unless that someone is non-Ghost and has exactly 1 HP. Due to Crobat's bulk and speed, he is usually capable of getting in 2 Super Fangs. At which point, the opponent is down to 25% health. Even at just one Super Fang, you can U-turn to someone else to finish the job. And once you know if the Pokemon has Recover or not, you can determine if you want another Super Fang. U-turn also hits Psychics hard. But Brave Bird can replace U-turn.

Oh, right. so that's how you ment it
    I thought you ment a 2HKO because of that getting two hits in combined with what you said about dealing 50% damage

U-turn is very nice. After the first few turns, you know what attack the opponent will use on Crobat so you can U-turn to someone who resists it. If Crobat gets 2 Super Fangs in, even a recover may not be enough to stop a sweeper from coming in and finishing the job.

I've used that Crobat on my friend's Steel Arceus yesterday who is only meant to stall with Will-O-Wisp, Cosmic Power, Earthquake, and Recover. He was obviously annoyed. He recalled Arceus after using Recover for 3 turns straight.

Here:

Umbreon Careful Nature
    ~Curse
    ~Payback
    ~Mean Look
    ~Wish
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

So confusing >.> I try to attack more and again: it's not compettive. Anyways, I'll go for a mixed combo of what you all suggested. Thanks for everything, i'll post the finishing when I sort it out.
    Dear signature:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. pokedude View Post
    So confusing >.> I try to attack more and again: it's not compettive. Anyways, I'll go for a mixed combo of what you all suggested. Thanks for everything, i'll post the finishing when I sort it out.
    They're not competitive. They're just sets that make good use of the Pokemon's strengths. Not all Pokemon are designed offensively even though they all (except Wobbuffet) have offensive moves. It's kind of like us saying "Don't put a physical attack on an Alakazam. And don't give Shuckle attacking moves."

Shuckle with Rollout EPIC WIN!!!
    If he has power swap, that is

I'll take a look at the finished team when you post it

Sorry it took so long, got'a hate school. Anyways, I decided that the SolarBeam combo of Bellossom and Typhlosion wasn't worth it, so that's off. Magical Leaf and Mega Drain / Giga Drain is on Bell. Sleep powder for some setting up time. Last Resort for Umbreon, and Dark Pulse with Moonlight. I was thinking about the final move, and was considering Shadow Ball but decided on a Defence set-up move, then decided on Curse. Lapras hasn't changed from what I said before, but with Hail for extra powered STAB Ice-beam and Psychic for Fighting and Ghost. Crobat still has Fly and Cross poison, but decided Shadow Ball for coverage over Psychic, and Toxic for some help ( or U-turn, haven't fully decided). Dragonite still has Thunder, but now has Outrage again, Dragon Claw and Blizzard for some coverage. I'm thinking about replacing one for Fire Blast.

I was thinking about giving Rock Climb and Strength and that to some Pokemon for HM purposes, who I will not quote, but still do. Thanks to all of you.
    Dear signature:

With the sets the guys have given you, you should be okay for the rest of the game. As long as you have enough coverage for the different leaders and rivals you should be fine.

Payback is superior to Dark Pulse on Umbreon,so you should use it.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

I gotta a good lapras set

Lapras
    -Surf
    -Blizzard
    -Sing/T-Bolt (Sing is inaccurate so its a lucky to hit move)
    -Psychic
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Ice beam over blizzard and tbolt as the third move. Toxic as the 4th, or heal bell to heal the team.

Not if hes holding NeverMeltIce then Blizzard can be very useful
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    Not if hes holding NeverMeltIce then Blizzard can be very useful
    NeverMeltIce doesn't improve Blizzard's poor accuracy. It will sure be powerful, but if it misses, it's useless.

Also, items that boosts only 1 move is generally viewed as useless, exactly because it boosts only 1 move.

For power booster, Life Orb/Choice items/Expert Belt/Muscle Band/Wise Glasses are better choices.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

HGSS gives you Choice Specs at the Lake of Rage. Hence, the set I used in my first playthrough, to great effect

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Lava Plume/Eruption
    SolarBeam
    Focus Blast
    Swift

Take your pick of fire move: Flamethrower for reliability, Lava Plume for burn chance, Eruption or Fire Blast for power albeit with drawbacks.
    SolarBeam and Focus Blast are for some coverage, you can buy them in the Goldrenrod Department Store so you won't be wasting TMs.
    Swift is kind of filler, but it's nice for annoying Double Teaming opponents.

I'm using Lapras on my current run and it's doing well. Nice and bulky, with decent offensive power. Surf and Ice Beam are your main moves, with Thunder or Thunderbolt for coverage - personally I'd accept Thunder's inaccuracy rather than have to play a ton of Voltorb Flip to get Thunderbolt! I use Rain Dance, but your team probably won't benefit from it so much.

No. Choice Specs + SolarBeam is a terrible combo. And Swift?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast