Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pkmn soulsilver team

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF SOME MEANINGLESS STUFF, HOLY CHRIST

i'm pretty sure the OP has gotten everything he/she needs for their team... just that looking through 3 pages of mostly **** is tiring

also, if the moveset has been mentioned already DON'T REPOST because there's a good chance that you're moveset is gonna suck
    posting thousands of movesets is just gonna confuse the OP

yes i'm raging but it's the meaningful kind that has to be done

@ rafatlas - for natures, they aren't the most important ingame but if you wanna get the most out of your pokemon, use the natures that kays recommended earlier. It may require some rebreeding though which you may not wanna do
    also, keep doing what you are doing which is updating thread posters whith your changes. thanks!

^1. Read the rules stop cursing
    2. We try to help a guy out if you are getting bored create a thread about your team
    3. When we re-say things its reassure him its a great moveset
    4. Natures are very important for how movesets play out, but not entirely we just recomend them
    5. Look at all the things you just said and look at how stupid you sound

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    ^1. Read the rules stop cursing
    2. We try to help a guy out if you are getting bored create a thread about your team
    3. When we re-say things its reassure him its a great moveset
    4. Natures are very important for how movesets play out, but not entirely we just recomend them
    5. Look at all the things you just said and look at how stupid you sound
    Just a bit of advice: when you want to "reassure" someone that something is "great," thrashing the sets that people post without a legitimate reason doesn't help. If anything, it causes more chaos and confusion. The OP is probably thinking "Fire Punch or Flamethrower?" over and over. For example:

Dont do Fire Punch just keep Flamethrower! That set up there isnt that amzing heres much better set

Dragonite
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Dance
    -Thunder
    -Earthquake
    You didn't explain why Fire Punch is inferior to Flamethrower. And you didn't explain why a set up is "isn't that amazing." Please don't thrash someone else's movesets just because you happen to personally like Flamethrower over Fire Punch. Give a reason why you think so.

No keep thunder or put in thunder bolt for those nasty water types that spam their Ice Beam. That sounds smarter! Also Flamethrower was stronger to begin with and gets a boost so Fire Punch is not the answer
    Define why having an Electric attack "sounds smarter." Ice Beam can be used by Dragons, amongst many other types. Which of the 4 moves that you posted above is super-effective against Dragon-types? Handling just Water isn't the answer. You're being far too restrictive and caught up on Water-types that you're failing to see the whole picture. And like you said, nature does help in the power of a move. But so do base stats. Dragonite's base Attack power is clearly higher than his Sp. Attack. Just because Flamethrower has higher base strength than Fire Punch, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is stronger because Fire Punch is a Physical attack, drawing its power from Dragonite's higher base Attack power.

Please don't take this post too personally. I do hope that it helps you in future ratings.
    Last edited by Kays; 25th January 2012 at 3:30 AM.

Special thanks to Sweet May @ lightspeed graphics for the Trainer Card.

@JAWS
    I'm giving good advice too if you're smart enough to have realized
    Agree with Kays on your great reassuring you've been doing here
    Also I don't think I've said anything against the OP or other raters in terms of natures

And I'm saying some legitiment stuff in that post. IGRMT is turned into ****. ask anyone who's been here for a while. you may think this is standard because you've recently joined.. but it's not.
    It's you new guys who need to pull this place up.

please try to accept at least a little of this explicit extremely constructive critisism

When I first came to this forum, there were many trolls/amazing raters (alcario lol) who dropped f-bombs on me. but that's how I got better

rafatlas23 asks me how one would change nature. I answered it and I think it's valuable to copypasta here as well:

You can't. You have to get them in those natures. The only way is to catch them as is, or breed. But look at our movesets first because you may want to breed over some moves.

Breeding to the nature you want isn't as hard as you think. Getting those moves may be harder. The easiest way to breed over nature is to capture tons of Ditto. Try to get a Ditto of each nature, or at least the ones you need. Then breed a Ditto holding an Everstone with the Pokemon you want. This increases the egg's nature to Ditto's by 50%! But of course, breed the moves first, then breed via Ditto.

The good thing about Ditto is that you can catch them once, and just transfer them over to other games as you see fit. There's no need to catch those Dittos in every game. Well, at least those games that allows for Natures.

This is different in HGSS in which the nature of the one carrying the Everstone is always passed down.

Im not ignoring anyone.. Im just seeing all probablilities shown and provided...
    Thanks to all once again...
    And as you all know.. Im new to this competitive sets.. All ive ever played is ingame...
    Therefore.. All my sets are from moves i like on my pkmn... And for such i searched help...

sorry about the "raging" (or just very constructive critisism) if it bothered you

just saying, that the sets we've provided you aren't competitive. They're just really good in-game sets xD

good luck

I know rafatlas, sorry me for being an idiot. But when whe say "Don't put Psychic and Zen headbutt together" we are talking because we know something. With 2 moves from the same type get together in the same poke, he start to became useless, cause he is losting a chance to SE Damage another type. I gonna use Gallade as an example
    Gallade
    -Psycho cut
    -Psychic
    -Close combat
    -Brick break
    I am losting a chance to cover some other pokemon weakness understand? If you don't understand something, don't hesitate to ask okay? And please, think 9784376558 of times before using JAWS moveset, ask to someone here in IGRMT if is a good moveset okay?

Hmm, can't they find something SOPA like to ban people who are posting rubbish? It seems such a thing would get support

I saw Kays cursing on Brave nature somewhere, saying that it lowers attack. It doesn't, speed is lowered, attack is boosted. Brave can be used, but go with a CB or Lefties set w/o Agility in that case. Something like:

Meteor Mash / Iron Head
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Ice Punch

would probably do.

Oh, and rafatlas, since your last update post there've been a lot of comments. Would you be mad at me if I asked you to post your updated team (with all changes and stuff) next? Right now I don't really know what to rate..

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldfan View Post
    I saw Kays cursing on Brave nature somewhere, saying that it lowers attack. It doesn't, speed is lowered, attack is boosted. Brave can be used, but go with a CB or Lefties set w/o Agility in that case.
    You're right. Thank you for the correction.

I think that Agility is really useful for Metagross to sweep. Otherwise, without an instant recovery move, it can easily be killed by racking up all those damage.

Yeah, Agility is really useful, I actually like that set most. It's just that I gave a set that can be used with Brave nature, as not everyone might feel like rebreeding. And not everyone might get an Adamant Beldum with flawless speed from Steven, like I got in Emerald..

In HGSS, getting nature is easy. The semi-hard thing is to get those Dittos, but you don't need every Ditto with a different nature. At least the Ditto you need for the nature you want.

Getting the nature is one. Getting it to the required lvl is 2.... I mean, in Emerald I just go through the league about 5-10 times, but it might be harder to train for others. That's what I ment with the rebreeding part

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldfan View Post
    Getting the nature is one. Getting it to the required lvl is 2.... I mean, in Emerald I just go through the league about 5-10 times, but it might be harder to train for others. That's what I ment with the rebreeding part
    True. Nowadays, I just make sure that I have the nature before I start training them. And leveling up is way easier than EV training. EV training can get annoying. I lose track all the time and being a perfectionist myself, I tend to use my ActionReplay to check what EVs my Pokemon have. And with the training, I generally try to get it to level 50 so I can compare them to the ones on serebii.net or smogon.com. Just to make sure I didn't mess up somewhere. But it usually works out since I can check with AR.

After the grueling battles, I do have a closer bond with that Pokemon. I think that is good thing. Also the self satisfaction that I perfected it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kays View Post
    Correction: While Steel types resist a total of 11 types and 1 immunity, they however do not resist Electric-type attacks. Empoleon is still 2x weak against an Electric assault.
    uh, that's exactly why I said Empoleon is the only exception - it's the only case where Thunderbolt would be better

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    uh, that's exactly why I said Empoleon is the only exception - it's the only case where Thunderbolt would be better
    I must have misread it. My sincere apology Shine.

BECAUSE water types can learn ice beam! You need T Bolt for that. Also thanks for the advice I will try to not troll as much lol

^
    We already said it - Thunderbolt is not needed, Dragon Claw is enough AND is better.

So what if they can learn Ice Beam? Dragon Claw still hits them harder than Thunderbolt. Especially since D-Claw is boosted by D-Dance, while Thunderbolt is not.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Yes but ground types can learn ice attacks. Majority of pokemon can.

And anyway Earthquake also hits EMpoleon for Super Effective damage, So yeah/
    Member of Crystalline

Start of turn 1

Rotom-W used Trick!
    Rotom-W switched items with the foe's Shedinja!
    Rotom-W obtained one Toxic Orb!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Choice Scarf!

The foe's Shedinja used Trick!
    The foe's Shedinja switched items with Rotom-W!
    The foe's Shedinja obtained one Toxic Orb!
    Rotom-W obtained one Choice Scarf!

Thank you all for the help... Now i have a lot to work on...
    It will take me time to get everything done... So i will post up the updates as soon as im done....
    Once again thank you...
    And if u know of any way to make my work easier.. It will be appreciated...

What do you mean make your work easier? As in giving pokemon and stuff? You can always go down to the trade shops.

I mean as in a faster way to find the tms i need and heart scales for move tutorr...
    And if i have to rebreed... What makes leveling up easier...
    Although.. I dont know if ima rebreed... Too much work...
    My salamance is already as suggested before...

I gave him dragon claw instead of dragon pulse, and replaced stone edge with earth quake... And left him on hydropump and heat wave.. Just cuz i went through the trouble of getting him ro learn them...

Also i got rid of all recharging moves... And for metagross
    i took out psychic and will replace it with meteor mash or ice punch

Also i would like to know.. How much does boosting a move increase its power??
    For example... Dragonite with dragon claw attacks boosted with dragon dance... How much does it increase the power?? By twice or 1/3??
    Considering dragon claw is 80-100.. Does the 80 increase by how much?? Or how does it work???
    Thanks in advance

Dragonite's move gets a 1.5x on the attack due to STAB, and Dragonite's power gets 1.5x after the Dragon Dance. But they all go to the same place.

Alright.. So if its 1.5 for stab and 1.5 for boost of dragon dance....
    Its a 2x strong move or 3x strongger??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast