Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolution Exchange Excitement! (724)

I personally thought it was a cool way to show how a tag battle can work though, with one trainer and Pokemon taking a hit and fainting so that the team as a whole can go on to win.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Dentooooooooo It seems a nice episode ! Gym Leaders are so powerful !!

I'm happy that Bianca keeps Escavalier, it's better / stronger than Accelgor and she needs it

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Let's see if I got this right.

They let all three of them lose so Dento can be glorified?

<___<
    They didn't make the music epic or anything. Just normal imo so I don't think he was that "glorified" besides I think almost everyone knew Dento'd win anyways due to the leaked scan
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    They didn't make the music epic or anything. Just normal imo so I don't think he was that "glorified" besides I think almost everyone knew Dento'd win anyways due to the leaked scan
    It isn't about the music though, it's about what happens and the fact that he defeated both trainers with a Crustle that has never been defeated is glorification.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    It isn't about the music though, it's about what happens and the fact that he defeated both trainers with a Crustle Zeustle that has never been defeated is glorification.
    You mean, Zeustle? : P

Now this was a good episode, BW is really delivering with its Pokemon Battles! There is one almost every few weeks or so, and not just one hit battles with TR like it used to be. Plus this battle had a great combination of both Pokemon and moves, ok Hyperbeam was spammed TWICE, but we also got Recover, Twin Needle, Rock Blast and Rock Slide! All great and typically rare moves (well previously rare).
    Crustle and Boldore made a great team with their Rock type moves and bulk and I am happy Boldore did not just loss because someone had to, it actually lost for a reason, and a dam good one!

Alright, some may argue that Bianca did not seem to care much for her Shelmet/Accelgor, but atleast its under good care, and we may still see it as a Krabby style assistant! Plus now Bianca has an awesome Escavalier which actually seems to suit her! So its all good.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

You have to admit, Shell Smash is OP, even in the games.

Seems Crustle eats his crusts as well as his loaf.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

No, because that name sucks. Like all the other nicknames.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Plus now Bianca has an awesome Escavalier which actually seems to suit her! So its all good.
    Subjective, I don't see how it suits her.

I hate Bianca now. She really doesn't care for her Pokemon at all.

Anyway, the only parts about the episode that I liked were the Klink/Klinklang bits and the parts where Bianca still had Shelmet.

And why did Axew scare Shelmet?

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    No, because that name sucks. Like all the other nicknames.
    Nah, I think it's quite appropriate for a Pokémon who never lost a battle since its capture episode.

Suits her much better than Accelgor, I'm sick of seeing that Pokémon. Escavalier seems like a powerful Pokémon, something Bianca needs.

Lol.

I think it suits her as it can become a valiant and loyal Knight who looks out for a protects Bianca (mainly from herself). Just seems a better fit than Accelgor, who can now be Junipers ninja assistant. Helpful, yet powerful.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

By the pictures seems like a fun episode, would have liked Belle to keep both bugs but I didn't have that much confidence that she actually would.

Will watch it later when available, the figth seemed pretty cool.

Playerking forgets that she wanted to trade her own pokemons for Zorua : She doesn't care at all !! But Escavalier > Accelgor for Bianca

Nah, I think it's quite appropriate for a Pokémon who never lost a battle since its capture episode.

Suits her much better than Accelgor, I'm sick of seeing that Pokémon. Escavalier seems like a powerful Pokémon, something Bianca needs.

Lol.
    He will one day, he will one day.

How? They both "Suit" her equally to me, but since she had Shelmet before this happened, I think she should have traded back.

Why the Lol?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    I think it suits her as it can become a valiant and loyal Knight who looks out for a protects Bianca (mainly from herself). Just seems a better fit than Accelgor, who can now be Junipers ninja assistant. Helpful, yet powerful.
    Again, your opinion. You're allowed to have your opinion, everyone is allowed that. But I'm just saying that to some, Accelgor might seem like a better fit. I don't think that either would be a better fit over the other. I at least hope Juniper doesn't release Accelgor, then I'll hate her even more for not helping to convince Bianca to trade back, since it was her Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by sSerenity View Post
    Playerking forgets that she wanted to trade her own pokemons for Zorua : She doesn't care at all !! But Escavalier > Accelgor for Bianca
    I've said this time and time again, she said she would trade Pignite for Zorua, but like some people do, she could have just said that to make the deal happen, before thinking about the repercussions.

But now, she actually left her previous Pokemon with Juniper. Now, it proves she doesn't care.

I hope Escavalier turns around one day and whacks her with the sides of his jousting things.

What I really liked about this episode, was the cliffhanger ending. I was shocked to see Cedric like that. We knew he would appear, but to make and appearances like that had me completely shocked.

Also I could say Acclegor > Escavalier for Bianca instead.
    Last edited by playerking; 19th January 2012 at 1:38 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I personally thought it was a cool way to show how a tag battle can work though, with one trainer and Pokemon taking a hit and fainting so that the team as a whole can go on to win.
    I found it hilarious to the people who thought Boldore was just going to be taken down without doing anything! It ends up being the reason why they won! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Clearly Ash was hoping Boldore's Sturdy would kick in
    Hmm. Didn't even think of that.

Anyway, the only parts about the episode that I liked were the Klink/Klinklang bits and the parts where Bianca still had Shelmet.

And why did Axew scare Shelmet?
    Subjective, she cares enough to have pokemon to trade them away for something else she thinks she would care about.

The Klink were nicely animated, really liked how they looked, but Klinklang was stupid. It fell of its rock.. :S

Axew.. Dunno what got into him.. Perhaps it wanted to scare Shelmet into actually doing something? In eitherway, it looked hilarious.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

But now, she actually left her previous Pokemon with Juniper. Now, it proves she doesn't care.
    Well that's your opinion.

Paul was the one who didn't care about his Pokémon.

She didn't trade her Pokémon away to a random stranger like most of the trainers do, she left it somewhere where it could be useful. She left it at prof. Juniper who she can, by the way, contact any time and ask about her Accelgor. Besides, learning how to wield over Escavalier will be much more useful for her development. So yeah, that's your opinion, not a fact. :/

Saw the pictures, looks enjoyable.

Wish Bianca kept both, oh well. At less she gave her Shelmet to someone who she knows will look after it, she can always see it whenever she likes.

I'm confused why Axew scared Shelmet for, seemed random, maybe it was attacked by Shelmet in the past(Although it never did anything when Bianca first showed Shelmet...Axew is clearly losing it's mind).

The battle looks nice. Ash uses Boldore again. Looked like a pretty high level battle too, Hyper Beams, Rock Wreckers...need to catch my breathe.

Klink and Klinklang debutted here...no Klang, I don't see why they couldn't just through it in there too, oh well.

Oh and old man Cedric comes out at the end of the episode and faints...cool. I like how the writers have these episodes go perfectly into each other.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Oh and old man Cedric comes out at the end of the episode and faints...cool. I like how the writers have these episodes go perfectly into each other.
    I wish more episodes were like that. :/

Oh my God! I do mean Zeustle! Forgive me father for I have sinned.

I actually agree about Bianca not caring about her pokemon. She doesn't care about Pignite and offers to trade him and now she trades Accelgor and doesn't even show that she misses it. She's kind of like the game trainer, only cares to win, not about the pokemon with the difference that she never wins.

So Bianca's keeping Escavalier as opposed to Accelgor. Doesn't give me a crap ton of confidence that Boldore will become Gigalith.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    So Bianca's keeping Escavalier as opposed to Accelgor. Doesn't give me a crap ton of confidence that Boldore will become Gigalith.
    i know this isn't the best place to discuss this, but maybe if Ash and Trip do trade, they could have Bianca on hand to witness it (the bond factor I mean.) , and have her realise that trading pokemon isn't as simple as one might think, maybe even make her miss her Shelmet/Accelgor and ask for it back and trade back with Juniper.

Just some food for thought.

Crustle is becoming the most deadly pokemon on the team's roster, and it's pretty deadly in battle with shell smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    Maybe Boldore evolves like Politoed. The Johto region did show trade pokemon evolve without trading like this episode.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Holy crap that battle was intense! Bianca is kinda mean to her pokemon.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    It isn't about the music though, it's about what happens and the fact that he defeated both trainers with a Crustle that has never been defeated is glorification.
    Yeah but I mean if it had heroic epic music it'd seem more "glorified", Dento wasn't even congratulated for his awesome win. So it's Crustle that's being glorified, not Dento. My logic was that they did this because Crustle only got a few seconds of screentime in last episode (even though he "defeated" TRio) it wasn't much. Compared to Boldore who had a Gym Battle so that feels automatically a bit more..."eye catching" than battling Team Rocket.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 19th January 2012 at 4:14 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

So...I was right about Twineedle on Escavalier...and partially right about Bianca keeping it...huh.

And to those who say she doesn't care...she took back her trade offer of Pignite for Zorua...though it didn't really matter since Luke wasn't gonna trade her anyway...but still
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I don't remember her taking it back, Luke refused that is why we didn't get it mentioned again.

I'll have to check the episode again but I really don't remember that.

I would have liked that she atleast said goodbye to Accelgor and showed some affection, she really seemed to care for it in the gym figth, she was feeding it after the figth and all(again if I remember well).

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Maybe Boldore evolves like Politoed. The Johto region did show trade pokemon evolve without trading like this episode.
    But Politoed evolved with the help of an item so ignoring the whole trade thing was easy.

They could just do a straight trade and trade back thing like we do in real life with our games but I don't see it happening for some reason :S.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast