Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Evolution Exchange Excitement! (724)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I don't remember her taking it back, Luke refused that is why we didn't get it mentioned again.
    I thought she did since she never forced the issue anymore that episode...but oh well

They could just do a straight trade and trade back thing like we do in real life with our games but I don't see it happening for some reason :S.
    So was Butterfree the exception trade back in Kanto?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

There's also a possibility that it was explained in the episode why they didn't trade back. :/

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I thought she did since she never forced the issue anymore that episode...but oh well

So was Butterfree the exception trade back in Kanto?
    By trade and trade back I mean, Shooti telling Satoshi lets trade to evolve our pokemons and then trade them back, Shooti is an example, I don't see this kinda of scenario happening lol specially with how they act towards each other or Shooti atleast, he did help him with Oshawott so I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I don't remember her taking it back, Luke refused that is why we didn't get it mentioned again.

I'll have to check the episode again but I really don't remember that.

I would have liked that she atleast said goodbye to Accelgor and showed some affection, she really seemed to care for it in the gym figth, she was feeding it after the figth and all(again if I remember well).

But Politoed evolved with the help of an item so ignoring the whole trade thing was easy.

They could just do a straight trade and trade back thing like we do in real life with our games but I don't see it happening for some reason :S.
    luke refused and a little later bianca changed her mind, as if oblivious to cool hand lukes refusal

Wow she kept Escavalier... hmm well. To be honest it's not as if Accelgor is gone for good. He is now owned by Juniper who does make frequent appearances. It's not as if he got released or went to a bad home.

Random : PokéRadar

Ha! I was right about Bianca keeping Escavalier. And people kept changing my posts to say "Accelgor". >_>

This episode is why Bianca should have never existed in the anime. -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    I hope Escavalier turns around one day and whacks her with the sides of his jousting things.

They're called lances.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 13th April 2012 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sSerenity View Post
    Playerking forgets that she wanted to trade her own pokemons for Zorua : She doesn't care at all !! But Escavalier > Accelgor for Bianca
    So what if she wanted to trade? Zorua is a super cool Pokemon. I would trade too. And I'm glad she only kept one Pokemon. No one she keep two Pokemon in one episode. I don't care how good both Pokemon are.

My ideal battle ever!

I didn't think the episode was all-that great to be honest. The episode summaries that we got before its premiere made it seem interesting, but there were a lot of stale moments. One of the things that I disliked was all the debuts that we got in this episode; the writers are going to hit a wall soon when they don't have any more new Pokemon to showcase. I also didn't like Professor Juniper's and Bianca's battle against Ash and Cilan, mainly because Cilan and Crustle were the stars of that battle, which shouldn't have happened. Cilan's constant wins are just getting really annoying now. Overall, the episode was average.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    They're called swords.
    Actually they're lances, which I do believe are different from swords.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Right, lances. -facepalm-
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    Holy crap that battle was intense! Bianca is kinda mean to her pokemon.
    You're forgetting, Accelgor isn't her pokemon.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 19th January 2012 at 7:18 PM.

Just like last week Iris offended Ash in the worst way possible, I guess this week's complain will be that Bianca does not give a **** about her Pokemon. :P

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Just like last week Iris offended Ash in the worst way possible, I guess this week's complain will be that Bianca does not give a **** about her Pokemon. :P
    Despite the fact that neither of those two are actually true. ._.

....and now, her story begins.

Bianca's still a little jerk I see, at least it's a different enough direction that makes her more distinct from her game counterpart.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

It sucks that Bianca didn't get both, but I'm glad she got Escavalier. She seems happy, and she actually knocked out a Pokemon.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Uh, the script was kinda lame today.

Professor Juniper's "Arara"-quirk was overused to the max, the sweet and always-friendly Axew scares Shelmet for no reason at all, six 'dexings... The writer's desperation to fill 20 minutes was palpable, really. He wouldn't have had to stall if he'd simply expanded a much more important part of the episode, like how Shelmet changed (or didn't change?) upon evolving into Accelgor, or Bianca's relationship with her new Escavalier. Instead, way too many lines were wasted on being excited about a trade machine and a simple battle.

Still, there were a few things that I liked, like the foreshadowing of Cedric's appearance in the Klinklang part. Juniper seemed to know/suspect whose pen it was that got caught between Klinklang's gears, but the viewer couldn't put the pieces together until Cedric appeared way at the end. I thought that part was surprisingly subtle and well-done; nothing like the straight-forwardness and redundancy of the rest of the dialogue.

Also, Bianca, for the second time in a row, was strangely likeable. Not that she was dislikeable in her other appearances, but the lack of certain running gag-inducing Pokémon really does wonders to her. She was excited and just a bit over-the-top about everything, but didn't fail to be polite to Professor Juniper and to encourage her Escavalier. She seemed really mature at the end of the episode, when she accepted her loss and thanked her new Pokémon.

The battle was cool too. While a little on the short side, a teamwork-focused tag battle was a good way of breaking Escavalier out of its selfish rampage. I didn't mind much that Bianca lost, especially since it's turned out that Shelmet didn't actually lose in the first match, despite the summary's hinting.

That, and I simply dig tag battles. I guess it's not intentional but it's interesting how Ash, who usually likes to charge in and attack, ends up giving cover to let Cilan wow the opponent. I know we've only had two tag battles so far so it's too early to call it a pattern, but it's funny nonetheless.

Decent episode. The animation was great (not like I expect anything less from the guy these days, but still :P), but as mentioned above, the scriptwriter was slacking.
    Last edited by Sushi; 19th January 2012 at 9:51 PM.

So Bianca's still a stereotype, Cilan is still a Mary Sue that nobody wants to admit actually is one, and the script was just all over the place.

Yeah, no. I can't give this one a pass.

Literally the only thing I found myself caring about was the Klink and Klinklang portion, which alone by itself should have been last week's episode instead of the Galvantula cluster****. If the gears are responsible for creating some of the charge in the cave, why wasn't Team Rocket trying to capture them instead of just digging up the rocks?

The Klink/Klinklang part of this episode would have made a good Chargestone Cave episode by itself, but being shoehorned into this one made the entire episode come out disjointed like the Subway Boss battle was.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    Despite the fact that neither of those two are actually true. ._.
    The second is. What she did today would have us all screaming abuse if someone like Paul did it.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    Bianca's still a little jerk I see, at least it's a different enough direction that makes her more distinct from her game counterpart.
    You make that sound like a bad thing If Ash behaves like a plank still, quite a lot of the time, what is there to distinguish him from the more inexperienced trainers if theyre not immature brats aswell?

Okay guys...your taking this way out of proportion...Bianca traded with Juniper...not with some random COTD that will never see again...Bianca can easily trade back if she wants to, but I for one am glad she's keeping Escavalier for now
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Okay guys...your taking this way out of proportion...Bianca traded with Juniper...not with some random COTD that will never see again...Bianca can easily trade back if she wants to, but I for one am glad she's keeping Escavalier for now
    It doesn't matter who she traded with. She threw away one of her Pokemon for personal gain without one second of concern for how it actually felt. When Ash did that, he brought himself within inches of death to fix it. Bianca, on the other hand, showed signs of being willing to throw away her Pokemon for personal gain in the infamous Pignite-for-Zorua offer, then actually went through with it here.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Geez...can't anyone say anything nice about the episode rather than "Dento is a Gary Stu" (let's not forget he's a man guys) and "Bianca is some jerk trainer" because she traded her dear Chobomaki to the Professor who kindly stores all of Ash's Pokemon for him?

Quite frankly, these comments are ticking me off right now maybe it's because I feel the internet end is near.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    It doesn't matter who she traded with. She threw away one of her Pokemon for personal gain without one second of concern for how it actually felt. When Ash did that, he brought himself within inches of death to fix it. Bianca, on the other hand, showed signs of being willing to throw away her Pokemon for personal gain in the infamous Pignite-for-Zorua offer, then actually went through with it here.
    Totally like when Ash traded Buizel to Dawn. :P How different is that? NOT VERY DIFFERENT. Sure, Bianca may not travel with Prof. Juniper but geez isn't she like, he assistant in game? Everything's fine and everyone's happy. Except the people on here obviously
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 19th January 2012 at 11:24 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Well, it doesn't help that Accelgor didn't seem to have a problem with it...
    Somehow I wanted her to get both, but I guess the writers didn't want her to be that awesome

Holy Miltank. I'm actually going to comment on a BW episode, mainly because my girl Bianca was in it, but whatever I'll keep it short. I'm glad the anime finally showed a trade evolution. I admit it I always wanted to see one in the anime but the fact that it took this long took a lot of wind out of that sail for me.

I have to say I'm somewhat surprised Bianca can trade her Pokemon away without a second thought. I guess she's not like a main character and has any emotional attachment to her Pokemon. Or maybe she's smarter then everyone and realizes Pokemon is just a game where real life people trade Pokemon all the time because they are just data in a handheld video game with no attachments. Whatever the reason Bianca will not win any award for loving trainer any time soon.

Episode was okay. I don't think I'll ever get use to the fact that the guy, Cilan is the more active one, while the girl, Iris does nothing but add background. Good work Cilan, by the end of BW I might actually truly like you. Even after the tag battle my opinion on Bianca as a trainer remains unchanged.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Geez...can't anyone say anything nice about the episode rather than "Dento is a Gary Stu" (let's not forget he's a man guys) and "Bianca is some jerk trainer" because she traded her dear Chobomaki to the Professor who kindly stores all of Ash's Pokemon for him?

Quite frankly, these comments are ticking me off right now maybe it's because I feel the internet end is near.

Totally like when Ash traded Buizel to Dawn. :P How different is that? NOT VERY DIFFERENT. Sure, Bianca may not travel with Prof. Juniper but geez isn't she like, he assistant in game? Everything's fine and everyone's happy. Except the people on here obviously
    Sorry, but not everyone is going to like the episodes you like, as infuriating as that is.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post

Totally like when Ash traded Buizel to Dawn. :P How different is that? NOT VERY DIFFERENT.
    You mean when Dawn traded Buizel to Ash.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 19th January 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac;14036774"Dento is a [I
    Gary Stu[/I]" (let's not forget he's a man guys)
    Let's see. He wins ridiculous victories like this one, regularly overpowers the rest of the cast to drag all of the attention onto himself and is given a disproportionate amount of 'development' (which is actually just a lot of random hobbies)... so you tell me?

and "Bianca is some jerk trainer" because she traded her dear Chobomaki to the Professor who kindly stores all of Ash's Pokemon for him?
    There's a difference between dropping a Pokemon somewhere with no intent of ever seeing it again and Ash rotating his team.

You know who Accelgor is a lot like? Primeape.

Then I won't stop, if my time to have freedom to say what I think freely is coming to an end. :P

This isn't the game, one, and two, you might want to look back in my history at posts I've made regarding that trade.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Let's see. He wins ridiculous victories like this one, regularly overpowers the rest of the cast to drag all of the attention onto himself and is given a disproportionate amount of 'development' (which is actually just a lot of random hobbies)... so you tell me?
    He's a Gym Leader, he should be stronger by logic than Ash and Iris. As for those hobbies I don't even consider those developmental, it's what makes him the lovable character that he is. What ridiculous battles? All
    of those battles he would have won regardless.

There's a difference between dropping a Pokemon somewhere with no intent of ever seeing it again and Ash rotating his team.

You know who Accelgor is a lot like? Primeape.
    You mean like Paul? Bianca is nothing like that. People trade Pokemon all the time and it's nice that they actually let them keep a trade.

He is not.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast