Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayquaza with V-create?

Default Rayquaza with V-create?

this Rayquaza giveaway. if we get it in america, how good will that be in Ubers (assuming you're lucky enough to get a good nature, like i was with Victini ADAMANT FTW)? i hope we get that here anyways.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

This? If so, then it's a cool move, but I don't know how much use it'd actually see.

I personally would like a Rayquaza with V-Create. I like the move, and Rayquaza could put it to a decent use.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

This would be best on a choiced set or with Swords Dance. You would just switch out after a V Create anyway, and with Extremespeed you can hammer anything trying to revenge you. Too bad it's not sun-boosted, but at least it's not weakened by rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

Using it in the sun would be ideal, as it'd give it a pseudo-stab, and Ray has either 390 something or 438 Atk, depending on nature.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Using it in the sun would be ideal, as it'd give it a pseudo-stab, and Ray has either 390 something or 438 Atk, depending on nature.
    Using it in the sun wouldn't work because of Air Lock.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

While that does sounds nice, I think you're forgetting about Rayquaza's ability Air Lock. It will kill the power boost that you would get from the sun unless you have a way to change/disable that ability.

This is a signature.

That is Ran.

I think this means that Overheat will see less use when this comes out globally. Whatever way, it'll be an interesting thing to see.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by zapto369 View Post
    Using it in the sun wouldn't work because of Air Lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by GokuRikaku View Post
    While that does sounds nice, I think you're forgetting about Rayquaza's ability Air Lock. It will kill the power boost that you would get from the sun unless you have a way to change/disable that ability.
    Yeah, I just realized that <_<; talk about GF trolling. Regardless, an 180 BP Fire move coming off of 150 Base Atk is still pretty good.

Yeah, I just realized that <_<; talk about GF trolling. Regardless, an 180 BP Fire move coming off of 150 Base Atk is still pretty good.
    I posted it first :P

And definitely, it's a powerful attack either way.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

Wow Rayquaza with v-create!! Its going to be epic
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

Not a lot of Pokemon in the Uber Metagame are weak to Fire type attacks. You would be hard pressed to see a OHKO happening.

LO V-Create Does 80% minimum to physical Skarmory with no investment. It also OHKOs Ferrothorn / Bronzong / Jirachi.

Draco Meteor / V-Create / Extremespeed / Outrage could be a pretty good mixed set.

It definitely makes a Choice Band set on Rayquaza all the more viable for sure. although, I don't see it doing much to really change how the Metagame functions. It still can't effectively touch the bulky sets of Kyogre.

it would boost rayquaza's already massive physical prowess

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, button to astral shadow

The attack can definitely give new options to Rayquaza. It doesn't necessarily need the defences, and a huge BP move in the sun would destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    The attack can definitely give new options to Rayquaza. It doesn't necessarily need the defences, and a huge BP move in the sun would destroy.
    Air Lock. 10char
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Wow. We have Flareon over here just begging for a strong Fire STAB, and Rayquaza of all things gets V-Create...

This is pretty crazy, though. The cool thing is that Rayquaza doesn't even need the stats that V-Create drops all that badly. 105/90/90 defenses are nice, but it's not enough to survive some of the more powerful attacks in Ubers very easily, so it doesn't mind the defense drops. Extremespeed also somewhat makes up for the speed problem.

Man, this thing is going to be crazy. I might actually start playing Ubers again. Nothing would be able to switch easily into a CB set at all. Even Balloon Tran can be 2HKOd by Outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Not a lot of Pokemon in the Uber Metagame are weak to Fire type attacks. You would be hard pressed to see a OHKO happening.
    V-Create would be awesome against Steel and Ice types-which can usually cause Rayquaza some hassle.
    There are-of course-water types which have access to Ice moves,but still,
    V-create is a brilliant move and I think Rayquaza could use it effectively-it gives it some really nice new coverage.

i could see this being used on a dd set/ choiced set. I feel like choice rayquaza may get some more usage bcuz of this move

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

I think this'll have a massive impact, and Rayquaza usage would certainly rise: it finally has a brilliant way of dealing with Ferrothorn, Skarmory and the like
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

^Well, it did already have Fire Blast, which will probably still be more useful on the DD sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress, and Arceus-Steel are fairly common in Ubers, even though three of those aren't in the tier itself.

I have claimed Giratina

Man. Seems like once this thing comes out, I feel that Banded and Scarfed versions will become slightly more common, the reason being Rayquaza's average bulk as well as V-Create's backlash. Banded Rayquaza appreciates amazing coverage from Fire/Dragon, especially a 180 BP move, KOing everything that resists its main STAB.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

After this comes out I see heatran getting more use in ubers... Then again I don't play ubers so I wouldn't know

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast