Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rayquaza with V-create?

i cant wait to use it itl probably help raquaza some with scizor and what not but with kyogre and other dragons it wont be t gamechanging i also glad i have a japenese copy of the games. also i think this hints at gen 3 remakes at the next main game
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

I built a Choice Scarf set for this thing. It's an all-physical set.

Physical ScarfQuaza, by phoopes

Rayquaza@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Air Lock
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
    EV Spread: 40 HP / 252 Att / 216 Spe
    Moveset:
    Outrage
    V-Create
    ExtremeSpeed
    Earthquake

EV Spread gives Rayquaza a bit of bulk for Stealth Rock, while still outspeeding Timid Scarf Kyogre. The only common threats in Ubers that this thing doesn't outspeed are Scarf Skymin and the Deoxys forms. V-Create and Outrage are obvious STABs, hit at least neutral on everything except for Heatran. And that's why you have Earthquake. Earthquake also hits Dialga for Super Effective damage, which is nice, I guess. ExtremeSpeed just because it's priority, and is your answer to offensive Deoxys, who may have Ice Beam to K.O. you.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

You might want to put more EVs into Speed, as the current spread won't outspeed and Revenge Scarf Timid Kyogre.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    You might want to put more EVs into Speed, as the current spread won't outspeed and Revenge Scarf Timid Kyogre.
    True... I need to check the speed tiers on that.

EDIT: I'm gonna edit that now.

EDIT2: Fixed.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

YOu seem to forget about Flash Fire...
    I forgot to say that was Outrage. Just to demonstrate that nothing can take CB Outrage or V-Create and avoid a 2KO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I bet sense it has v-create it might have a future movie tie in. In addition to that I hope the americans get a special move with the Arceus.
    WHITE: 4083 4812 9433

Pm me for Dream World Pokemon offers or for battles.

The only way we can get it is A) if we have the same poll as Japan and B) If all the little kids aren't into all the Starter pokemons as covers. In short Nintendo can't be lazy and ignore the poll and little kids can't be stupid if we want to recieve this pokemon. And even then Nintendo of America may be too lazy to change Raquaza at all, either that or they will just reuse japans and rig the poll like with the Arceus off Global Link

Edit: @ The Black Mamba: No Americans get nothing special except the exact same crap Arceus as Japan.

@ cooloolcool: Impossible for Zekrom and Reshiram because there Sprites aren't programed into DW or something (It's the same reason why they aren't giving out gen 5 yet). Plus they already get eachothers fusion ____ in the Japanese 14th movie event. Plus those moves you sugested are just stupid/pointless.
    Smogon Battler and Proud of it!

If you tick me off get ready for a battle challenge.

It's just plain weird, if you ask me.
    + =

A special move for Rayquaza?? Hmmmm... maybe Arceus could get one. I'm thinking of getting back into Ubers now.
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

@Madden610:

I'm not really concerned with this. I'm getting a V-Create Rayquaza via friend of a friend, so. Also, while I'm also disappointed in not getting Ditto as much as you are, America isn't really getting a "crap Arceus." Arceus is God itself in the Pokemon world, so it's not really crap.

YOu seem to forget about Flash Fire...
    I Think they're talking about choice band outrage, saying that even though Heatran resist Dragon/Fire, it apparently still can't swap in on Raquaza.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I Think they're talking about choice band outrage.
    They were talking about CB Outrage, and how it pretty much 2HKO's everything. Well, almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    @Madden610:

I'm not really concerned with this. I'm getting a V-Create Rayquaza via friend of a friend, so. Also, while I'm also disappointed in not getting Ditto as much as you are, America isn't really getting a "crap Arceus." Arceus is God itself in the Pokemon world, so it's not really crap.
    Ewww Ditto is so boring despite it's decent ability. And "America isn't really getting a "crap Arceus"" is just plain bull. So many find ubers to be dull and uniteresting and the only ones that care about Arceus usually only use him for casual battles with friends. And the reason I insult Arceus is because it's "exclusive move" was Hyper Beam for Japan and America will follow suite because the poll was rigged from the beggining so Nintendo of America didn't have to make any new pokes and could just copy the data like for every other event.

Lemme break this down.

Quote Originally Posted by Madden610 View Post
    Ewww Ditto is so boring despite it's decent ability.
    That's your opinion. The thousands- if not tens of thousands- of spam voters for Ditto would disagree.

And "America isn't really getting a "crap Arceus"" is just plain bull. So many find ubers to be dull and uniteresting and the only ones that care about Arceus usually only use him for casual battles with friends.
    Judging by this post, I can tell you haven't played competitively. Or at least not in the Ubers tier. Arceus is used a lot in the Uber tier. Why? Because it works. So yes, while many people hate Ubers, many people love Ubers as well. You can't generalize by saying that it's only used in casual battles.

And the reason I insult Arceus is because it's "exclusive move" was Hyper Beam for Japan and America will follow suite because the poll was rigged from the beggining so Nintendo of America didn't have to make any new pokes and could just copy the data like for every other event.
    You have no evidence that the poll was rigged. Many Pokemon, including Arceus, Mudkip, Ditto, and Magikarp, were all spam voted by lots of people. So get some proof next time before you make accusations.

Ewww Ditto is so boring despite it's decent ability. And "America isn't really getting a "crap Arceus"" is just plain bull. So many find ubers to be dull and uniteresting and the only ones that care about Arceus usually only use him for casual battles with friends. And the reason I insult Arceus is because it's "exclusive move" was Hyper Beam for Japan and America will follow suite because the poll was rigged from the beggining so Nintendo of America didn't have to make any new pokes and could just copy the data like for every other event.
    Actually, most players aren't competitive, and would just love an Arceus. It's rather upsetting for competitive players, but most pokemon players haven't even heard of EVs, or just don't care.

...Anyway, I don't see how it would be boring if it had it's DW ability. You'd be using a different pokemon each time, and I don't see how that's boring.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Not the thread for this guys...

Anyway, while it won't be as defining as it was for Victini, it's still a nice addition. I can see Banded versions to be much more popular than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by girazard View Post
    Not the thread for this guys...

Anyway, while it won't be as defining as it was for Victini, it's still a nice addition. I can see Banded versions to be much more popular than before.
    Yeah, it won't be as defining, but unlike Victini, his STAB dragon as well a Base 180 Fire move, gives it perfect coverage, and as proven by previous post, its best check, Heatran, gets *******ed by Banded Outrage, but the bad thing that it can't check everything. Scarf versions can be checked by Heatran, while Banded versions can be Revenged by Mew2, Arceus, or Ogre or turn into setup bait for Darkrai.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

Is there any other pokemon getting the move as well or just Rayquaza?

Victini called. He wants his move back! Now!

But seriously, I'm not sure how to react to Rayquaza getting V-create. It's useful and all but I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    We'll get Mega Flygon/Milotic when Roy gets his job back in SSB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    Welcome to the Internet, enjoy your Ridley on smash claims, now with fairy type add on for 20% extra coolness factor.

At least, he can actually do it, with the V shaped fins on his head.

Still weird off all the moves he could have learned.

About Heatran countering it...

You could use CB Outrage. But a more effective option would be Earthquake. Dat 4X Weakness and all.

Quote Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
    Lemme break this down.

That's your opinion. The thousands- if not tens of thousands- of spam voters for Ditto would disagree.

Judging by this post, I can tell you haven't played competitively. Or at least not in the Ubers tier. Arceus is used a lot in the Uber tier. Why? Because it works. So yes, while many people hate Ubers, many people love Ubers as well. You can't generalize by saying that it's only used in casual battles.

You have no evidence that the poll was rigged. Many Pokemon, including Arceus, Mudkip, Ditto, and Magikarp, were all spam voted by lots of people. So get some proof next time before you make accusations.

Hahahahahahaaaa. You think I don't play competitively? Dude I am a Smogon contributer and am one of the top Uber players in the rankings. I sugest you be patient and wait before you make stupid assumptions. And rig proof is real easy. Despite thousands upon thousands of multi votes the Arceus still won.

Back on topic

Play tested in Ubers and I was only moderately impressed. SD and DD sets seemed to be the only sets that could do anything. DD sorta helped with speed drop and SD helped put out more damage at the lose of speed, but fixed with Extreemspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Madden610 View Post
    Hahahahahahaaaa. You think I don't play competitively? Dude I am a Smogon contributer and am one of the top Uber players in the rankings. I sugest you be patient and wait before you make stupid assumptions. And rig proof is real easy. Despite thousands upon thousands of multi votes the Arceus still won.

Back on topic

Play tested in Ubers and I was only moderately impressed. SD and DD sets seemed to be the only sets that could do anything. DD sorta helped with speed drop and SD helped put out more damage at the lose of speed, but fixed with Extreemspeed.
    Now that you mentioned it, V-Create on DD and SD sets are kinda viable too, but V-Create defeats the purpose of DD as either way, it can't stay in and continuously sweep.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

Now that you mentioned it, V-Create on DD and SD sets are kinda viable too, but V-Create defeats the purpose of DD as either way, it can't stay in and continuously sweep.
    DD is really just to sort of negate any speed lose or gain. Attack boost still remains so it can still do a decent amount. SD of course is viable because of the power, it just feels slightly lacking against a Kyogre after only 1 boost.

i wish flareon had it instead it needs a physical move but owell gamefreak hates flareon

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast