Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Rayquaza with V-create?

Quote Originally Posted by tleon View Post
    in essence it would tear through uber walls and switch ins also if it has dragon dance the speed drop wouldn't do anything and it could sweep with ease
    The main reason to run Dragon Dance over Swords Dance is so you get a speedy sweeper, though. V-create ruins that.

It's better to run Overheat or Fire Blast on dragon dance sets.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

V-create will allow rayquaza to be more of a unpredictable sweeper it can go either mixed physical or special and have perfect coverage now

the main way to use v-creat imo is to give it max spe and then sweep with other moves and v-create when it is required

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

V-Create is weird on Rayquaza. Weird in the sense that Rayquaza can use it without ever needing to fear V-Create being weakened by the rain, but never getting the boost from the sun.
    Gen VI Pokedex, here I come!
    Gen V National Pokédex: 649/649

3DS FC: 3239-3604-9829

V-create Rayquaza would own.

Was going to say it'll help stop Grass - Arceus from crapping all over your weather inducer. But then I remembered Arceus has 120 speed
    MewtwoTHOUSAND is an original character DO NOT STEAL.

Oh and I use cheating devices to hack legitimate pokemon that I use for my own amusement only, get over it.

Yah, but remember; v-create decreases defense, sp.defense and speed by 1 level. This is the only downfall.

To be truthfully honest, V-Create isn't a great move on Rayquaza. Overheat and Fire Blast hit lots of things hard like V-Create does and have no drops (apart from Overheat). DD sets are sorta redundant with a speed-lowering move, not to mention that 150 SAtk is great.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

V-create should only be used on choice sets IMO, as the stat drops include speed, and Rayquaza generally needs as much speed as possible.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

V-Create / Outrage / Draco Meteor / Extremespeed.

1-2HKOs every single Pokemon in Ubers... besides Heatran I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    V-Create / Outrage / Draco Meteor / Extremespeed.

1-2HKOs every single Pokemon in Ubers... besides Heatran I guess.
    That's why you run a band set with Earthquake, just in case.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    To be truthfully honest, V-Create isn't a great move on Rayquaza. Overheat and Fire Blast hit lots of things hard like V-Create does and have no drops (apart from Overheat). DD sets are sorta redundant with a speed-lowering move, not to mention that 150 SAtk is great.
    But without V-create, can Rayquaza, after a Swords Dance, destroy Groudon and Arceus in one hit without locking itself into Outrage for 2-3 turns, and thus rendering itself unable to use ExtremeSpeed during those turns, and therefore leave itself open to being revenge-killed by any faster dragon?

Another benefit of V-create that I can think of lies in the sheer difference in power between this move after a Swords Dance and Overheat. From my experience, many trainers, especially users of stall teams, like to play mindgames against Swords Dance Rayquaza, by switching back and forth between their own Pokémon, trying to wear down Rayquaza with its Life Orb recoil as well as tricking the Sky High Pokémon into hitting their Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs on the switch with Dragon Claw or ExtremeSpeed (as you can observe my opponent attempting to do in this replay), baiting it into using Overheat by sending out their Ferrothorn, Forretress or Skarmory only to switch to a Pokémon that resists Fire-type moves, and in effect cutting the power of Rayquaza's Overheat in half while making the dragon suffer Life Orb damage in exchange for dealing a pitiful amount of damage on that turn, having their Ferrothorn staying in against Rayquaza to Leech Seed it while predicting Rayquaza to use Dragon Claw instead of Overheat in an attempt to predict a switch, and then stalling it with Protect, and things like that. However, with V-create as Rayquaza's move of choice for dealing with Steel-type Pokémon, I think the Dragon/Flying-type Pokémon would find itself experiencing a much easier time in this situation, as even in the event that the opponent withdraws their Steel-type Pokémon from Rayquaza and sends in something that resists Fire-type moves, even that Pokémon would be unlikely to enjoy taking a +2 V-create on the switch, and would even be pretty much certainly finished off by an ExtremeSpeed on the following turn.

Quote Originally Posted by MatchMaster View Post
    V-create should only be used on choice sets IMO, as the stat drops include speed, and Rayquaza generally needs as much speed as possible.
    Considering ExtremeSpeed is Swords Dance Rayquaza's main attack, Rayquaza hardly needs Speed with that moveset, as after using V-create to destroy that which neither Dragon Claw nor ExtremeSpeed can take out in one hit after a Swords Dance, the Sky High Pokémon can then continue sweeping with ExtremeSpeed anyway.

nobody that knows what they are doing in ubers runs v create on rayquaza
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    That's why you run a band set with Earthquake, just in case.
    Then stuff like Grass Arceus can come in and set up on you for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Potato View Post
    nobody that knows what they are doing in ubers runs v create on rayquaza
    Well

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3465990

I'm in chrage of revamping Rayquaza, and it has plenty of merit. It gives Rayquaza a powerful Fire-type Attack, which goes great with its Dragon-STAB, making it powerful. Yes, the stat drops suck, but a base 180 power attack is nothing to scoff at

I chase the dream, not the competition.

CB Rayquaza would own Skarmory if it gets V-Create. Skarm laughed at this set because of great Defense and Ray was locking itself into Outrage.

V-create Rayquaza would rip through like tissue papers. V-Create/Dragon Pulse/Extremespeed/Earthquake is probably the best set for it. I think

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456