Thread: My New Team (Fixed Thread)

Default My First Legit Team

So I accidentally clicked Submit New Thread instead of Preview post so the old thread was closed. So here is the new thread without the mistake.

Here's My New Team:

Preview

Terrakion
    Scizor
    Rotom C
    Metagross
    Latios
    Chandelure

Overview
    I've already been testing the team and it does alright. Rotom-C and Terrakion I think make a good match due to there sets and type. Latios I fast and strong. Metagross provides a lead wall for the team and a pretty decent one at that. Chandelure is a very powerful pokemon with a base 145 SAtk which makes it a good sweeper. As for Scizor, not only is it a really cool pokemon but it's defenses and attacking abilities really makes it an awesome pokemon in general.

The Team

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly (+ Spd, - SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Earthquake
    Terrakion, aka The Avenger, is a very speedy and powerful pokemon and this set proves it. This is a Choice Scarf set so I based the EVs on Spd and Atk. The nature also gives terrakion it's max base speed possible. As for the moves, Close Combat is a very powerful STAB attack that can take out many pokemon. X-Scissor is a powerful bug type attack that helps cover Dark, Psychic, Grass, etc. Earthquake is pretty much the basic attack for many pokemon. It serves as a powerful attack so that Terrakion can avenge a fallen companion. Stone Edge Helps cover many other types.

Scizor @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
    Nature: Adamant (+ Atk, - SpAtk)
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance
    Scizor is an awesome pokemon in general. I wanted to go with a bulky Scizor so that I could get some more defense. I used Life Orb to get some attacking power. Roost helps restore the HP from the Life Orb. The EVs are there to make Scizor more bulky. The nature is used to give Scizor an extra boost in it's attack. The attack Bullet Punch is a pretty good priority attack that gets a boost from technician and it's a STAB attack so that makes bullet punch a powerful attack. Bug Bite also gets a boost from Technician. It is also a STAB attack so that makes Bug Bite a very powerful attack. Swords Dance helps Raise Scizor's attack even more. Roost is to recover HP taken from Life Orb

Rotom-C @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
    Nature: Modest (+ SpAtk, - Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Leaf Storm
    - Pain Split
    - Will-O-Wisp
    Rotom-C is a pretty good pokemon. It has nice defenses and good SpAtk. This Rotom-C serves as a hit-n-run kind of pokemon. Leftovers help Rotom-C survive longer as well as Pain Split which comes in handy often. Levitate also comes in handy often too because now Rotom-C isn't effected by ground type attacks. The EVs focus on Rotom-C's attacking abilities while giving it some defenses. The nature helps it be able to do a good amount of damage. Leaf Storm is very powerful STAB attack to get those pesky water and ground types. Will-O-Wisp let's Rotom deal long term damage by burning the opponent. Volt Switch can help Rotom in a tight situation or help a fellow member of the team switch in safely.

Latios @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid (+ Spe, - Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Recover
    - Surf
    Latios is a fast and strong pokemon with decent defenses. I used a Life Orb to increase it's attack and used recover to heal damage taken from it. Levitate again makes it so that Latios won't be effected by ground type attacks. The EVs focus on making Latios a fast sweeper. The nature makes it so that Latios can be even faster. Dragon Pulse is a strong STAB attack that can take down many pokemon quickly. Hidden Power Fire takes care of Latios' Ice weakness and helps it cover more types. Surf is a powerful water attack that helps cover different types.

Metagross @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    - Meteor Mash
    - Stealth Rocks
    - Hammer Arm
    - Bullet Punch
    Metagross is used here a lead. It first sets up stealth rocks the gets rid of the opponent. This Metagross is focused on Attacking capabilities and Having a good amount of defense. Meteor Mash is very powerful STAB attack that can easily take out almost any pokemon with one shot. Hammer Arm is another powerful attack that helps cover more types. Bullet Punch is used to counter-part Metagross' speed. Air Balloon of course takes care of the ground weakness.

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid (+ Spe, -Atk)
    - Flamethrower
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flame Charge
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    Finally the last pokemon of the team, Chandelure. This pokemon is kinda like the Conkeldurr of my last team. It has decent defense with a ridiculous amount of SpAtk. This Chandelure has a Focus Sash so that it can set up Flame Charge and then finish sweeping. Flash Fire helps cancel out the weakness of Rotom-C. The EVs mainly focus on Chandelure's attacking power. As for the moves, Flamethrower and Shadow Ball are both powerful STAB attacks that can help take out almost anything. Flame charge is there mainly to get Chandelure's speed while dealing a decent amount of damage. Hidden Power Fighting is there to take advantage of the Expert Belt so that Chandelure has a better covering of attacking types.

Well there it is my new and hopefully better team!

Extras

Spoiler:- Battles With Current Team:

Spoiler:- May Put Into Team:

Last edited by Momater12; 24th January 2012 at 8:19 PM.

Where are the levels?!
    Pokérus?!
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

100 and i guess so... That's Kinda basic information there since this is COMPETITIVE i don't think you should have something lower than that

Yeah, on Scizor you want Bug bite over x-scissor cause it gets the tech boost. Doesn't look like you really have an over all weakness to the team.

funny you say that since i went through the team and noticed bug bite was there instead of X-Scissor so i switched it forgetting about technician.

Maybe Focus Sash on Chandelure so you can set up Flame Charge and then sweet.
    Also, the 4 Speed on Metagross seems wasteful. 4 Defense is probably better.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

ty all of your suggestions came in handy

Bump

Added a few things

Although off topic, can I comment on your battle?

Battle 1
    1st flop: Keeping Metagross in against Chandelure. Was safer to switch into Chandelure, especially when it had Focus Sash, so that he could always KO other Chandelure.

2nd flop: switching from Latios to Rotom-C when Sharpedo was out. LO STAB Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse could easily KO Sharpedo after SR.

Battle 2
    Was better.
    1st flop: Not doing damage on first turn and bullet punching too early, as if you went with 2 Meteor Mashes, the number of entry hazards on your side of the field would be less (two MM then a BP would give you only one SR and one layer of Spikes).

2nd flop: Why would you even consider Latios to sit in against Chansey? Chansey would outstall you if you don't have Psyshock (not suggesting Psyshock at all here). Same goes with Chandelure, as now you have two poisoned pokes that do minimal damage to Chansey.

You should have also kept Metagross alive. It would have come in useful against Chansey that time.

Back on topic.

The Sash on Chandelure really is bothering me after watching your second battle. It really does reduce the effectiveness of this set unless in the lead position.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Thank you very much for your comments.

Now i know I'm not great at actually battling and I'm really open for suggestions. So I'll try to get a video with Chandelure as the lead and hopefully not do so bad lol.....

Bump

will add more videos soon, remember to check out the May Put Into Team section

Solid team however but your team is weak Substitute+ Dragon Dance gyarados as it can take a volt switch form Rotom and threat it with an ice fang or bounce, same goes with Latios. It completely walls Scizor and Metgross. Terrakion won't enjoy that power drop as that severly hiders its sweeping potential. Im not sure of any changes that you make to change this situation apart from running thunderbolt on Rotom.

On another not Latios and recover sound great on paper but recover is rather is rather hard to pull off. I recommend switching it to draco meteor as it is a REALLY powerful STAB and KO's what dragon pulse can't.

EDIT: Your team team is weak to gyarados that has substitute and dragon dance. Terrakion won't be able to switch in unless the sub is gone You could use draco-meteor over dragon pulse on latios.
    Last edited by dildadonz; 30th January 2012 at 8:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dildadonz View Post
    Solid team however but your team is weak Substitute+ Dragon Dance gyarados as it can take a volt switch form Rotom and threat it with an ice fang or bounce, same goes with Latios. It completely walls Scizor and Metgross. Terrakion won't enjoy that power drop as that severly hiders its sweeping potential. Im not sure of any changes that you make to change this situation apart from running thunderbolt on Rotom.

On another not Latios and recover sound great on paper but recover is rather is rather hard to pull off. I recommend switching it to draco meteor as it is a REALLY powerful STAB and KO's what dragon pulse can't.
    I'm sorry but I'm not understanding what you are getting at...

Bump...

Again

I say there isn't really anything bad with this team. Has god synergy, physical and special attackers. Adding Ditto will make this team a DW OU team and Zen mode Darmanitan really sucks.

so should i ditch Ditto and Zen Mode?

Okay, first of all, you have focus sash, but NO spinner. What if spikes/stealth rock are on the field? Focus sash wasted. And on top of that, focus sash in competetive battling sucks because of priority, and weather damage (sand).

This is as good as it's gonna get for Chandelure.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252 Special Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
    -Overheat
    -Energy Ball
    -Hidden Power Fighting
    -Shadow Ball

Makes him a deadly revenge killer

Terrakion Already serves as a revenge killer or possibly ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Momater12 View Post
    Terrakion Already serves as a revenge killer or possibly ditto
    If you want a set up fire type, Volcarona does a better job. Chandelure is better at being a scarfer than setting up with flame charge

the only problem i can see at a glance is that you have no rapid spinner. And in a game filled with stealth rocks your chandelure is gonna get crippled before it even comes in. I suggest a starmie to replace scizor because your team is very offensive.

edit: and also unless this is a DW OU team you cant use imposter ditto
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

ok then Ill see what i can do and yes if i were to add ditto i would have to get rid of chandelure too to make it a DW OU team