Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did you replay the intro to get the hero you wanted?

Most definetly, I think 1st time I got a Bulbasaur so I'd reset untill I got the fighting type starter.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I usually did in MD Red but this time I disided to play fair....and went with the FIRST THING THEY GAVE ME (which was a docile nature female Bulbasaur XD).

And i'm pretty glad I did. Being a Bulbasaur is cool, lots of useful moves. And it's sprite is quite cute IMO too.

Note: I'm talking about MD Sky for those who didn't know.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Yes, I start over and over again to get the hero I want, although the first time I played it I just stuck with what I got.

Post It was difficult, but no problem

I had to restart untill I had Pikachu as hero... with Treecko as partner. That was in Darkness version.

The same for Time version, but then Treecko as hero and Charmander as partner.

In Sky version was it directly the correct one, Riolu as hero with Pikachu as partner.
    Pikachu 1995 to the rescue!! I can help with my lv. 100 team in PMD Sky version. Also good for Darkness and Time.

My rescue team:

Richu, Sky version.

i always wanted to be a munchlax(in explorers of time), but after about 20 tries I gave up and chose pikachu

Only when the games first came out, but when I started over again, I had the internet to know what answers I should give.

Nah, I just got what I was given, in this case a Skitty. I was disappointed until I learned Sing and started owning everything
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

I only reset the game just to see what different results I would come up with. As for EOD, I was a Chimchar. On EOT, Riolu.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

When I answer them honestly, I always get Riolu, and occasionally Shinx, so I'm fine with what I get.
    My Pokémon Omega Ruby Team:

[Neptune] : [Simba] : [Dubai] : [Zelda] : [Brutus] : [Tifa] : [Aeon]
    3DS Friend Code:
    2938-8044-3384

When I played Time, I stuck with what I got: a Piplup.

In my first Sky, I had to replay the intro so many times just to get Piplup, because I wanted to continue their adventures P:
    In my second Sky, I stuck with what I got this time: an Eevee.

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

I remember when Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time came on, I was trying all night to get Chimchar. But, if a new one is remade I can't wait to be a Snivy, and have an Eevee (if it can be) as my partner, or vice versa.

Well yeah, sort-of. I mean, I always tried to avoid a few of the starters and most non-starter, except Pikachu, Riolu and Eevee.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

Yep. I did it about 20 times to get Riolu

I typically go with what I get, but if I get something besides a starter or Lucario I will try again and put in different answers. I do this because on my first PMD Time playthrough, I got meowth and it was literally terrible. PMD Time was far from my first pokemon game, but the normal type still worked out horrible.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

When I played the first Mystery Dungeon, I immediately went for the Pokemon that came to me first, which was Bulbasaur. After playing though the story and the post-game content, I started regretting choosing Bulbasaur. So I restarted the file and played throught the story again. But this time, I became Pikachu, which I thought was a better choice.

In the second Mystery Dungeon, I got Treecko on my first try, and stuck with it. But if I got a different Pokemon, I likely would've restarted.

I stick with what I get usually. This is evident since I got Pikachu yet I wanted either Riolu or Chimchar. >.> But I did replay it a couple times, because I got Squirtle and crap like that.

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

About 1000 times for squirtle in explorers of sky.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

I always try to get Bulbasaur or Skitty on my Explorers of Time game. I'm always getting Totodile though >_<.

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Spoiler:- Credit:

I usually keep trying until I get a Pokemon I like. Which, for Starters in PMD Blue or Sky, means Charmander, Cubone, Vulpix, Eevee, Cyndaquil, or Treecko. I guess I could be a Riolu too if I lied about my gender, but whatever, I like having a Riolu partner.

I usually get what I want the first time (Vulpix or Eevee) because their female natures match my answers to the questions. I am Relaxed and Jolly respectively. Yey.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/otn79k.png[/IMG]

MD can be a pain. Even if you know what anwsers to pick there's no way of knowing what questions you'll get.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Playing the pokemon you want is more important to play your "soul pokemon" in my opinion

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

The first time I played Explorers of Sky, I got Shinx in my first go, so decided that was decent and played through until I could evolve. After that, I restarted the game, determined to get Riolu, which was quite irritating. Other than that one time, I usually keep replaying the intro 'til I get what I want.

Believe it or not, but the first starter I ever got was Treecko. At the time I had no clue he was the hardest starter to get, and the part of the storyline involving Grovyle confused me a little, but other than that he was fun.

Now I do use the quiz guide to get starters I haven't used before. I'm using Meowth and Piplup right now. Piplup sucks.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

I only reset if I really, really, really don't like the Pokemon I was given. But that isn't usually a problem, because I generally like what I get. Although, I did reset for Cubone one time...
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast