View Poll Results: Weather or no weather?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like weather teams better than teams with no weather.

71 41.28%
  • I like teams with no weather better than ones with weather.

101 58.72%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather or No Weather

Hybrid View

Default Weather or No Weather

Do you enjoy teams more with weather (rain, sandstorm, sun, etc.) or no weather?

Pokemon White FC: 4126-6350-0643

Trade Shop | Graphics

I think both styles are good, however the bonus of weather is, if your opponent needs a specific weather, having your own weather up instead can mess them up badly

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I like hail teams. The other 3 can fluff off

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I like hail teams. The other 3 can fluff off
    Oh my god no I the blizzard spam
    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2324-6674
    IGN: Cal

I honestly prefer non-weather in most tiers, w/ the exception being subseed ludicolo in the rain.

I'm neutral on this, I tend to use non weather teams but in ubers I use sand
    R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

3DS Friend Code: 1607-2324-6674
    IGN: Cal

i like sandstorm. trying out sunny day, but i don't think it's my thing. my current team doesn't use weather though. i have multiple teams actually.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Definitely no. I don't like how things become reliant on the chosen weather and that once it is eliminated the team suffers. In ubers don't run a weather team and I quit OU in gen 5 because of the over reliance on weather. I am having fun in the lower tiers and Ubers without weather thank you very much

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

weather is pretty much the reason why bw is so bad compared to the previous gens
    so gotta say no weather
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

Weather tends to be more fun to do and more fair against other weather teams.

The biggest problem with weather is that it can give non-weather users(like myself)a massive disadvantage.
    It was OK when you actually needed a turn to set up,but with Generation V, Drizzle-swift swim combos etc. have made things too easy for other people to ruin you from the very start of the first turn
    I'd personally like some pokemon that perform better outside of weather.
    Maybe some new weather types would be nice(so it isn't just ice,water, grass and fire types getting all the benefits.
    Otherwise,I hate them.

For me, weather is kind of an either-or situation. I have my weather teams (although I don't use them that often), but I oftentimes prefer no weather. And I especially dislike it when people do typical weather teams, not putting any uniqueness to it. I try to put something unique in each of my weather teams.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

I like it. Not in favour of other team styles, but with four different perma-weathers available, there, at least in theory, twelve more viable playstyles. And I don't think by not having a weather inducer on your team you have sucha massive disadvantage as some people have suggested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Using UU/RU Pokemon in ways that doesn't actually take advantage of some REAL niche in OU is like letting a horse poop on your chest; then when people ask why you let it do that you defend yourself by saying "well now I have all this horse poop", ignoring everyone who tries to reason with you that this isn't really a good thing either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Best. Analogy. Ever.

I prefer no weather but sometimes I'll use it.

tbh, no weather is just better and much more creative.
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

I don't have anything against weather, but it's annoying to see almost every team use weather. I personally make a bunch of non-weather teams, and they do well against weather teams. Sometimes I'll make a weather team, but I never keep it around for long.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by irock245 View Post
    I don't have anything against weather, but it's annoying to see almost every team use weather. I personally make a bunch of non-weather teams, and they do well against weather teams. Sometimes I'll make a weather team, but I never keep it around for long.
    Exactly. Back in fourth gen, I loved weather, and kabutops. I used weather in almost every team, actually. When I saw DW Politoed and Vaporeon, I was thrilled.

Now, I'm sick and tired of it. It's everywhere. I'll try a sandstorm team sometimes, though, since that's a little more flexible.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Without weather you can be more creative with your teams and it's more fun.

shitty weather teams rely on their own weather and don't function if they don't have it.

that's why i use weather to counter other weathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    shitty weather teams rely on their own weather and don't function if they don't have it.

that's why i use weather to counter other weathers.
    is that supposed to make sense?:S
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

My latest couple teams haven't had weather, but I don't have anything against it o3o

edit: rank up C:

so metal

I don't like facing weather teams if i'm not using one myself because then it just becomes a one sided match
    Pokemon black friend code - 5286 3574 5008
    Check out my trade thread!
    Trade shop of awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Elements115 View Post
    I don't like facing weather teams if i'm not using one myself because then it just becomes a one sided match
    Well, there are many counters to weather teams. Dragonite is a notable one. So are Cloyster, Rotom-W, Infernape, and Latios. Quagsire can also be noted for being a good counter to excadrill before it was banned. I also seem to remember seeing a Lickilicky once, although I can't remember how well it did.

You need an "I like Both" Button.

I really play with both styles, and thats a good thing if you know your opponent.

A bad thing about no weather is that weather teams have the advantage, and the thing about weather teams is that with other weather teams, if you lose you set-up pokemon, your screwed.
    Wassup

Weather teams seem more effective than non-weather teams. Sandstorm and Hail chip away at Pokemon who aren't immune to it, Rain and Sun power up Water- and Fire-type moves respectively, Rain gives Thunder and Hurricane perfect accuracy, Hail gives Blizzard perfect accuracy, and Sandstorm doubles Rock-types' Special Defense. However, non-weather teams can be effective, especially if they carry something that halts weather teams, like Rayquaza. Cloud Nine users are also good, but most of them are in NU.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast