View Poll Results: Weather or no weather?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like weather teams better than teams with no weather.

71 41.28%
  • I like teams with no weather better than ones with weather.

101 58.72%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather or No Weather

Not exactly, lol. I don't like to use the same 'mons as others, but I use wheater. I use it because it's the best strategy for me, a "beginner" (not noob xD) in competitive battle. My team only have Politoad as the "most common wheater abuses". I don't use Ferro, Rotom, Vaporeon, Toxicroak and Scizor in my Rain. I don't really think that wheater limit the creativity of the players, since you can test a lot of variety. My last rain team, for example, had Scolipede and Jolteon. You can try vriety at wheather, IMO.
    Variety is probably possible, but most rain teams often look similar, because they use pokemon that take full advantage of the weather. Whenever I see rain, there is almost always a Jirachi/Ferrothorn/both and a rotom-W, then other pokemon such as Tentacruel/Vaporeon/Scizor. Those pokemon benefit from rain a lot, and work very well in it, so most good players will use them. A good player probably make a great team without those, but those pokemon are just usually so easy to use that they tend to be most player's first picks.

I'm glad to here that another player attempts to use weather without using those same pokemon, but the majority of players who use weather don't.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Variety is probably possible, but most rain teams often look similar, because they use pokemon that take full advantage of the weather. Whenever I see rain, there is almost always a Jirachi/Ferrothorn/both and a rotom-W, then other pokemon such as Tentacruel/Vaporeon/Scizor. Those pokemon benefit from rain a lot, and work very well in it, so most good players will use them. A good player probably make a great team without those, but those pokemon are just usually so easy to use that they tend to be most player's first picks.

I'm glad to here that another player attempts to use weather without using those same pokemon, but the majority of players who use weather don't.
    First of all, thanks lol. Using the same 'mons as every one makes the game boring. Also, it's predictable for your oponents. I think you can use diff 'mons if you're good.

In my team (which is still in tests), I had trouble with Bulk Up Toxicroak in rain. I would try a Tornadus. Hurricane + Prankster FTW. As for the other common ones, either I didn't face off 'em or I had no trouble with.

I dont really care, but whenever i use weather teams, i try and put some uniqueness into it, or otherwise its will be pretty boring, i only tend to use 2 ou's which is that weather pokemon and one of my favorites. I don't like kingra with rain..... vensaur can be knocked out easily (even with sun combo, people do stand a chance) but with kingdra, its would near impossible to knock it out in rain, and I dont use it because im not a noob

Also I rarely use sand or rain teams (just because they are more overused than the other weathers), I often use sun or hail. I don't get why people use sun or hail teams more often
    Weed should be legalised, f***ers

Kewl and trippy s*** go by

I don't like weather.

And I've never seen the point in using Hail. Basing your team around screwing over a specific playstyle is just flat out stupid.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

I hate weather teams..

I don't really like weather, but I don't really care about it in another way. Making a good weather team takes skill. Especially Sun.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Although I prefer not to use weather, giving the team more balance and creativity, I still will use all 4 forms of weather. I like weather, but I don't run the same 2 or 3 sweepers and same 2 defensive Pokemon like a standard weather team would. I like to be creative with my builds and sets. Sandstorm's just a great weather too.

It doesn't really matter to me. I don't use weather teams anymore except sand. The opponent may have more ways to abuse the weather but always have at least 1 to abuse the weather I'm against. So, it's not a problem for me really.
    Wild Vanillite appeared!
    Go! Lickitung!
    Lickitung used Lick!
    Lickitung: Yummy Ice Cream!
    Vanillite: HOW DARE U TAKE A LICK OUT OF ME!
    Vanillite used Blizzard!
    Lickitung fainted!

White FC: 2236 9830 4301

I find both of them same as enjoyable yet i perfer non-wheater because of Sandrush and swift swim beeing banned and Chlorophyll not. Speed boosting abilities as such are really irritating.
    3ds FC: 3454-0507-2445

Never been a fan of weather teams, I do use one or two sometimes if my Pokemon can take advantage of it.
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2cfebh5.jpg[/IMG]

They say that Pokemon aren't used for war, they were wrong.

PMD Legends of Amaria: Formation of Team Fireheart.

Check it out at: http://fanfiction.net/u/2657336
    Credit to straitas and Victini01 for the banners.

Spare a few clicks?

3DS FC: 2406-5634-7391 just PM or VM me yours

i use sand in uu and rain in ou if hail was in ru i would use it there but since it isnt i would rather use my stall team

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

i don't use weather,some times it puts me in a bad position
    フェージングのエコー

For the poll, I voted no weather because i haven't played weather yet, so yeah. I feel like weather's nice, but people use it too much. Especially Rain.

I am though thinking of using a hail team in the future that utilizes both abomasnow and at least 1 other hail inducer, just to mix it up. Also, because A.) I don't particularly like Abomasnow, and B.) if he dies, and I still want hail then I'm outta luck :/
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

I'm leaning toward no weather here, and here's why it's such a turn off now:

Weather teams are too standard...as in, they have stuff you'd expect to work well with that type of weather. For example, seeing ferrothorn with a politoed is standard; ferro is 4x weak to fire, the type which gets weakened in rain, thus benefitting ferro more.

Nonweather teams allow the player to be more creative. Strangely enough in OU, you can stall without weather. It's possible, I've seen it happen.

If you wanna see a crappy example of a nonstandard weather team, go check out jets' rmt and you'll see the direction in whlch weather may be going.

A lot of my favorite pokes do well in sunlight, and I've had a blast with my sun team (its in my sig). Weather is obviously a dominating force these days, and so you don't see as much variety as gen 4. I'm ok with weather, even if I'm using the disadvantaged guys. But yeah, the Rain > All thing is annoying at times.
    RNG Reporter is not a hacking device.

Normally on PO I do not use weather in OU except sun, its just fun (ow, that pun was painful) uber I use sand sometimes. I really like to use weather on my action replaying noob friends because they do not know the mechanics of weather.

credit goes the DarkCharizard2

All my teams have some form of weather thought they arent all entirely dependant on them + my favourite/best team is my hail team so yh im going with weather.

R.I.P The Battling Academy, 11/6/11 - 04/03/12
    Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Ugh I hate weather. It's annoying and makes battles drag out longer. I also don't like weather based teams because you have to switch in to more support all the time. if you're not running a weather ability (I hate politoed...), then it's super stupid. I don't care about groudon/kyogre in ubers though.
    Bisharp is my loyal knight. Fear him.

Rain or shine, I'll be fine, anytime.

Wow, that came out really cheesy.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I like using Sun w/ Dugtrio and Volcarona, but damn that was months ago. I haven't witnessed any metagame changes since I went on hiatus last year. You have to admit, Specs Tornadobro is brilliant in the rain though.

I use no weather sometimes, so I am mixed.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I like weather teams better

well im known for stall in my clan so i run stalll weather teams givign most my members a boost in some wat however i do have 2 non-weather all out offence teams so i can go either way

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

I think it's about time I quit boycotting weather. I mean, I'm tired of it an all, but that doesn't mean it'll vanish just because I make a point not to use it.

Next time Politoed or Ninetails will work best on my team, I'm adding them.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    If I get agitated or embarrassed, I have a tendency to say stupid things as a cover up. Think nothing of it.

Bleh. I literally faced 3 weather teams in a row today >____<

I don't use it much, and most of my teams are non-weather.

But if I had a problem, I'd either get a Kingdra or go to Clear Skies.

My Friend Safari is Light type.

It's a bit of a toss-up. My best teams have been varied between weather and non-weather, and on one team I run weather to assist one Pokemon only, so I can't really count that team as weather. Either way, it works for me.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast