View Poll Results: Weather or no weather?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like weather teams better than teams with no weather.

71 41.28%
  • I like teams with no weather better than ones with weather.

101 58.72%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Weather or No Weather

Seems like people just can't get past them.
    Spikes/stealth rock and hydration accelgor can help you get past rain really good, though hydration accelgor doesn't do much else.
    Other ones are easy to beat with anything.
    Seems like people just can't beat weather teams at all.
    maybe it should be titled:
    Thread: Are you good or do you suck?

Personally, weather teams make the game absolutely bland. Sometimes i forfit alot to drop my rating to play weird games Qwaa

I really don't like OU that much anymore because of all the unoriginal teams and weather. This is why I use my original OU team instead. I'm right now in the 1200's in PO so I find it as a good team.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by [CW2]Master Jirachi View Post
    Seems like people just can't get past them.
    Spikes/stealth rock and hydration accelgor can help you get past rain really good, though hydration accelgor doesn't do much else.
    Other ones are easy to beat with anything.
    Seems like people just can't beat weather teams at all.
    maybe it should be titled:
    Thread: Are you good or do you suck?
    As far as usage goes, this is completely untrue.
    Being tired of facing weather teams has no correlation to being completely unable to beat them.

In fact, if you know your opponent is going to use a weather team, and you have a team to counter a team that uses that weather, it's more likely that you'll beat them. But having to use that team all the time just to counter a weather team (simply because you create teams that aren't designed to combat weather) doesn't mean that you "suck".

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I have like five different teams, a few are weather but I have made some non-weather. A lot of the time I will make half weather as more of a way for me to control the environment in battle. My current team doesn't benefit greatly from sunlight, but it has some extra perks and allows me to nullify its weakness. Weather teams are too predominant anymore though. Hell most teams I even fight are copy-paste generic OU blobs that I swear these people just took from better players. The creativity in the current metagame is pretty poor.

Thanks to Steel Sector Graphics for the userbar and banner!

I preferably use a Non-Weather team, but it gets pretty annoying with Sunny Day and Sandstorm x3

Credits Avenger Angel for banner

Quote Originally Posted by Affection View Post
    I preferably use a Non-Weather team, but it gets pretty annoying with Sunny Day and Sandstorm x3
    I've noticed Sand teams lately running both T-Tar and Hippowdon. Kind of overkill, but then again I see T-Tar on 4/5 teams anymore. Don't really get why, T-Tar isn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by iFi Salamander View Post
    I've noticed Sand teams lately running both T-Tar and Hippowdon. Kind of overkill, but then again I see T-Tar on 4/5 teams anymore. Don't really get why, T-Tar isn't that great.
    Haven't tested it out personally, but I saw a set on smogon of a Bulky LO Tank Hippowdon using Sand Force. Looks like it could be a solid option and I might create a Sand team just to test it out.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    Haven't tested it out personally, but I saw a set on smogon of a Bulky LO Tank Hippowdon using Sand Force. Looks like it could be a solid option and I might create a Sand team just to test it out.
    I think that is going to be my next direction too. My last team was pretty successful so I am ready to move on, and Sand is the only weather I haven't toyed with, mostly because it seems the best option is the copy and paste. I am probably going to make my own custom variant though and use some unique UU Pokemon. I tend to be best at making stall and poison afflicting teams so maybe I'll work with that. I've never been much of an offensive player, I like to play with my opponent.

For that reason I might run a Bulky T-Tar since they seem to be moderately stable. Maybe run a D-Dance set. I haven't decided.

i like to fight non-weather teams. i love using weather teams.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

>.< ................................

I use weather, but I preffer non-weather. Somthimes I use weather just to bug weather teams.

Weather teams tend to be stronger than non-weather teams

My team has weather and I'm using weather teams since RSE. One of the reasons I like weather is because I won't be able to do anything with my Typhlosion (my favorite Pokémon) against those hyper overused teams without sun support (and yes, I don't care if Typhlosion is "weak" or its NU, UU or even a piece of junk, I'm still training it because I like it).

Weather teams also require much more skill from the trainer and are more challenging to build, and I like challenges so... go weather teams

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

how about anti weather?

My absolute best teams (yes even in 5th gen ou and 3rd-5th gen ubers) never use weather in any way. But i think using the niche weather, hail, is incredibly fun. IN the end i;m going to have to say i;m against weather since every single one of my 5th gen ou teams has a poke for polietoud,hurricane, and volcarona(who is always awesome even if the PO clients think he only works in sun), making my teambuilding a lot less diverse. And all sun teams are terribad since snorlax 252hp/252 spdef/ 4 atk curse/block/rest/ return can come in on half their team and simply dare them to stay in.
    Beyond Names: everything has a counter.
    Beyond Names: its called hax.
    Tuan Sixtus: Color is a stupid gimmick that only amateur film makers use.
    Villain of Time: Even though he is a bot, he is better than the rest of you, because he believes that he is alive.
    Villain of Time: Please note that in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Collector's Edition I actually do have red blood.

Non-weather teams. For. The. Fucking. Win. So tired of every other battle in OU being against Drizzle!Politoed and co. or Drought!Ninetales+Venusaur+whatever. Those teams are boring to fight against, and they never manage to offer a challenge because they all follow the same old pattern over and over again. I don't mind sand teams though, I haven't ran into them that much and if I ever made a weather-based team, I'd probably go with sand. Also okay with Hail, haven't run into it that much either.
    TumblrdeviantArt

"I am not a bad man
    Even though I do bad things
    Very bad things
    Such horrible things"

Current rps
    | Boktai |

it goes against the grain for me...since my teams are mixed and so usually a weather team is weak to a specific type..so I really prefer to not use it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Swagga09 View Post
    I only have an issue with rain teams.. They seem extremely broken and overpowered. They get sooo much benefit compared to other weather teams. Double stab water moves, hydration (this makes vaporeon unstoppable) walls like Ferrothorn is hard to take down because of weakend fire moves, rain dish, 100% accuracy with Thunder AND Hurricane? So cheap lol
    Vaporeon is very stoppable (Ferrothorn can take a Water Move/Ice Beam, use Power Whip to beat it, for example.)

Speaking of Ferrothorn, he's also weak to Fighting. (And Fire moves can still do significant damage to it, even under Rain.) He's not that difficult.

Rain Dish is only a minor annoyance. Nothing major.

Thank goodness Thundurus can't learn both Thunder and Hurricane huh? xD (Like I initially thought it did.) Can't really say anything about that... It's fun to abuse, though. xD

---

I'm ok with weather...

I prefer non weather.

But unfortnately, all weather, even hail if used properly, is superior to non weather in just about every way. Weather technically has the potential to give your Pokemon everything. Stronger attacks, higher defenses, higher speed.

Not using weather is automatically putting you at a disadvantage and you're in denial if you think otherwise.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678