View Poll Results: Weather or no weather?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like weather teams better than teams with no weather.

71 41.28%
  • I like teams with no weather better than ones with weather.

101 58.72%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather or No Weather

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    you might not know but it's largely ****ing true. using one pokemon that doesn't need weather doesn't mean your team can function solely on that mon if you do in fact lose your weather

if your rain team is centric around a toxicroak or tornadus cleaning house at the end of a match, and you lose your politoed somewhere in the middle, you're pretty ****ed even if you do carry **** like ferrothorn and jirachi that work with and without rain
    On the occasions I do make weather teams, I only tend to make one pokemon rely on the weather. I really prefer to be a bit more open about it, since I don't want my weather teams to look like all the other weather teams. I use it more as of an added bonus then my team's main strategy.

....Not that I use it much, though, but I do think that's what a should player should try. I remember making an Ubers sun team where not a single one of my pokemon relied on it, and even had a pokemon that didn't care for it one way or another(Zekrom). I had Groudon just because my team disliked rain. I haven't played Ubers in a while though.
    I like using teams without weather solely because they can be a bit more diverse than weather teams.
    This.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Naah. I like fast battles. I know weather is benefitial, but it really slows down a lot :<
    "Because if you didn't believe in evolution, you were a shitty pokemon trainer!"
    Rollie Williams

I find it easier to had success with non-weather teams.
    I usually use Sunny Day Heatran to counter all forms of weather. Since when they see I don't carry weather, they let their weather inducer faint quite easy.

I like using weather but not as the focus of my playstyle. I use weather as a disruptive weapon, stopping other weathers and annoying things that rely on it such as Toxicroak. I still retain my diversity and, on the whole, my team isn't crippled if Rain, Sun or Hail is up instead of Sand.
    Playing against weather is what bugs me. I'm quite tired of seeing weather teams, particularly Rain teams with such similar Pokemon. Unless used as a disruptive weapon, weather ends up severely limiting the amount of viable Pokemon on a team. Heatran and Terakion are even more vulnerable to Waters in the Rain while Rotom-W and Jellicent are awful in the Sun.
    I'd like weatherless OU, I reallly would despite the fact that, unless weather falls out of fashion, it will never happen. In fact, scratch that. I'd like Politoed and Ninetales to never have gotten their DW abilities or at least givenn to something that is otherwise worse such as Whishcash and Magcargo. While it was(and is) powerful it will never be broken as long as Garchomp and Excadrill are banned.
    On the whole, I don't like weather since it's made it even more impossible to make a team that can handle most standard threats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

That's OU for you weather and mosl weather...

looking at the usage stats it seems like most of the rain teams got rotom-W and scizor.. so you've half a team which is none original...

There should be more weathers (something like acid rain maybe (can be cool something that can make the former useless poison attacks into a deadly choice ) or more weather starters to make it more creative and make other type of pokemons start weather so weather teams are not THAT repetitive..

I like weather but when it repeats itself it gets boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Weather wars have become a favorite of mine lately, the only time I lose them are against rain teams. Also I run rain, and I don't use scizor or rotom-w, and I think im doing pretty well, made it to 1030 points or so on the smogon po server.

Also if you dislike weather so much, go on the clear skies server on PO

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Rain teams are almost always the same. soo annoying. although my Swampert lolz while in it. and sun ALWAYS has venusaur.
    Mudkip.

Battle against player #1 Handle the politoed lead. Check. Handle the Ferrothorn. Check. Handle the Rotom-W. Check. Handle the Scizor. Check. Handle two other random pokemon.

Battle against player #2 Handle the politoed lead. Check. Handle the Ferrothorn. Check. Handle the Rotom-W. Check. Handle the Scizor. Check. Handle two other random pokemon. Hold on a moment....

i like weather better but both are good as weather can control the battle and i dont like loosing

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

I prefer non-weather teams, not because I dislike weather teams, but because I like other teams. Using weather makes me feel very limited.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

BW is all about winning the weather war, which I hate. I fully support no weather because you can make a much more successful team without having the restrictions of weather on you. Really, the only viable useful permanent weather summoner is Tyranitar, with the exception of Hippowdon in a few cases.
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

I really hate weather- it's annoying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chaos View Post
    BW is all about winning the weather war, which I hate. I fully support no weather because you can make a much more successful team without having the restrictions of weather on you. Really, the only viable useful permanent weather summoner is Tyranitar, with the exception of Hippowdon in a few cases.
    Actually, instant rain has made Politoed a viable spec/scarf user, and a pretty good one with Hydro Pumps that powerful.

Though, it's only viable because of it's ability.

This thread is inspiring me to make an original rain team that relies very little on the weather...yeah, I think I'll try that for the heck of it. No Ferrothorn, Jirachi, Rotom-W or any of that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post
    shitty weather teams rely on their own weather and don't function if they don't have it.

that's why i use weather to counter other weathers.
    is that supposed to make sense?:S

I just think permanent weather is the stupidest thing they've ever decided to do, I would understand if permanent weather was a Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, exclusive ability because they're freaking weather Gods. There isn't ONE pokemon move that lasts the entire battle on it's own. So why make unchangable ability that not only lasts the entire battle, but can't be stopped unless you have a weather pokemon of your own.
    PKMN HG FC:2279-6353-8463
    PKMN WHT FC:3654-4053-1864
    PKMN WHT 2 FC: 3311-3936-8560

If you are challenging my gym, I'm best available from 7:30pm - 8:45pm on weekdays EST. Weekends are questionable.
    Pass phrase: Piiiiiikafett!
    The Syringe Badge: Good news is, it actually DOES look like a syringe! Bad news, The running gag is now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyo61491 View Post
    I just think permanent weather is the stupidest thing they've ever decided to do, I would understand if permanent weather was a Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, exclusive ability because they're freaking weather Gods. There isn't ONE pokemon move that lasts the entire battle on it's own. So why make unchangable ability that not only lasts the entire battle, but can't be stopped unless you have a weather pokemon of your own.
    [SARCASM]Oh my gosh I know. Weather is soooo amazingly unstoppable. We should just go ban permanent weather. In fact, lets just ban weather altogether! [/SARCASM] Anyways. I don't really like weather teams that much. I just like non weather more i guess.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    [SARCASM]Oh my gosh I know. Weather is soooo amazingly unstoppable. We should just go ban permanent weather. In fact, lets just ban weather altogether! [/SARCASM]
    For an ability,a perma-weather one is seriously advantageous for an opponent.Sure,I can survive a Trick Room but when you're up against several swift swim pokemon and your key sweeper's a fire type,you have no chance whatsoever.
    Banning permanent weather is actually a good idea-rain dance(for example)at least gives me a window(however small) to do something significant.

I hate weather teams. They are good but i just hate teams like that for some reason.
    Genesect rapes my team in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    For an ability,a perma-weather one is seriously advantageous for an opponent.Sure,I can survive a Trick Room but when you're up against several swift swim pokemon and your key sweeper's a fire type,you have no chance whatsoever.
    Banning permanent weather is actually a good idea-rain dance(for example)at least gives me a window(however small) to do something significant.
    Well, swift swim is banned. A fire type can beat a water type in the rain easily. That's what coverage moves are for. An easier way would be to just switch to ferrothorn or something else that can easily beat rain. Weather has counters, just like every pokemon in OU.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Well, swift swim is banned. A fire type can beat a water type in the rain easily. That's what coverage moves are for. An easier way would be to just switch to ferrothorn or something else that can easily beat rain. Weather has counters, just like every pokemon in OU.
    Well, most fire types can't take down a water type, but who would be using a team of 6 fire types? When I made a sun team in early 5th gen, I only had two fire types.

My only actual problem with weather is how monotonous it can be at times. I often find myself fighting the same teams with slightly different pokemon.

I'm mixed on the subject, I liked it when to set-up weather you had to use the move. Now Rain Dance and Sunny Day are only used when someone has a free move-slot and want to mess up other weather teams.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

I don't like facing weather teams if i'm not using one myself because then it just becomes a one sided match
    Pokemon black friend code - 5286 3574 5008
    Check out my trade thread!
    Trade shop of awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I'm mixed on the subject, I liked it when to set-up weather you had to use the move. Now Rain Dance and Sunny Day are only used when someone has a free move-slot and want to mess up other weather teams.
    Exactly, I had this great rain team back in 4th gen(or great for a noob), and it was built around the move rain dance. I just loved it, Kabutops became one of my favorite pokemon then. When I saw drizzle politoed, I was thrilled. Then, it just became too popular. I thought it was fun because it was a different twist to most teams, but now it is most team.

Quote Originally Posted by Elements115 View Post
    I don't like facing weather teams if i'm not using one myself because then it just becomes a one sided match
    Well, there are many counters to weather teams. Dragonite is a notable one. So are Cloyster, Rotom-W, Infernape, and Latios. Quagsire can also be noted for being a good counter to excadrill before it was banned. I also seem to remember seeing a Lickilicky once, although I can't remember how well it did.

Quote Originally Posted by mudskip View Post
    Rain teams are almost always the same. soo annoying. although my Swampert lolz while in it. and sun ALWAYS has venusaur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Battle against player #1 Handle the politoed lead. Check. Handle the Ferrothorn. Check. Handle the Rotom-W. Check. Handle the Scizor. Check. Handle two other random pokemon.

Battle against player #2 Handle the politoed lead. Check. Handle the Ferrothorn. Check. Handle the Rotom-W. Check. Handle the Scizor. Check. Handle two other random pokemon. Hold on a moment....
    Not exactly, lol. I don't like to use the same 'mons as others, but I use wheater. I use it because it's the best strategy for me, a "beginner" (not noob xD) in competitive battle. My team only have Politoad as the "most common wheater abuses". I don't use Ferro, Rotom, Vaporeon, Toxicroak and Scizor in my Rain. I don't really think that wheater limit the creativity of the players, since you can test a lot of variety. My last rain team, for example, had Scolipede and Jolteon. You can try vriety at wheather, IMO.

But, as I said earlier, I'm starting to battle. When I get more experience with experienced battlers, I would try a non-wheater team.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast