View Poll Results: Weather or no weather?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like weather teams better than teams with no weather.

71 41.28%
  • I like teams with no weather better than ones with weather.

101 58.72%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Weather or No Weather

For me, it really depends what team I'm running. If I feel like running hyper offense, I usually inadvertently built it around non-weather, everything else I use has some form of weather.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Weather itself is fine (I'm cool with taking a little damage every turn and having Fire/Water moves weakened) but the Pokémon that abuse the weather can be annoying. Tyranitar is so annoying and walls half my team while stuff like Dragonite always manages to take out at least 1 or 2 of my Pokémon before getting KO'd.

I ran a Trick Room+Hail team for a bit. Horrible.

Not that TR+Hail is terrible in general, I'm just not suited for weather tactics. I guess I feel too limited, and it affects my playing-style negatively.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I have mixed feelings about weather. I don't particularly hate it, and enjoy using it myself if I can create a fairly original and strong team. I have gotten rather bored of playing against the same Rain and Sandstorm teams that carry the same exact Pokemon, so I like it when we get matches without Weather.

GodDamnZilla

No. If it is a mixed typed team, it would mess-up other members.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

I hate weather! Cause they have the added bonuses of moves.

Fury on the froggy and the foxie and the dinosaur rock and the hippo!

clear skies is better for it is a true test of tactics of your equipment.

I can say this single sentence!

"Uber pokemon and any weaher based team are the new champs of the uber realm. "

There should be a ranks where the weather abilites are only allowed on Ubers only.
    Current Chapter: 36: Inner Mountain Province (Click the Banner above)

You need an "I like Both" Button.

I really play with both styles, and thats a good thing if you know your opponent.

A bad thing about no weather is that weather teams have the advantage, and the thing about weather teams is that with other weather teams, if you lose you set-up pokemon, your screwed.
    Wassup

Weather wars are actually somewhat fun in OU. However I do agree that the abundance of weather teams disadvantages non weather teams like my HO team,it very much centralized the metagame to countering specific weather abusers as well as inducers. The lack of originality in some weather teams bothers me as well (too much Venusaur and Landorus). However it makes people like me who love using the underdogs in the lower tiers and making original teams stand out and even look good at times so I'm not complaining too much
    3DS FC: 4313 1054 9104

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON FIGHTS LIKE A MAN AND NOT A LADY
    IM ON A RAPIDASH

I made a sandstorm team that i like a lot. but with politoad and ninetails bringing the weather outside of Ubers, it's all i ever see. politoad followed by kingdra/ludicolo/gastrodon/jellicent surf spam. i'm just glad DrizzleSwim got banned. it's dreadful.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

I don't like using weather teams because they often depend on the inducer to power up the team, but i am in the process of breeding a weather team to see if it is any different than my non weather team.
    White FC -2537-3213-6999
    Breeder for moves and IVs just pm me so we can talk
    Flawless Shiny:
    Shiny:
    Flawless

I finally made a weather team. The funny thing is, it wasn't even intended to use rain at first, I just noticed that it had a fire weakness and a rotom-W. I guess you could say my rain team is a bit original, since it's really not a copy an paste team, but it's not exploding with originality.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 150 Points
    I almost lost to a team with Sunkern before. So Sunkern for Ubers.

I don't really like weather. Way too many people use it and I want to be original. That's where my sweeping omastar comes in

Indeed. To many people do use it. I like weather teams to some extent, but originality is always preferable.
        Spoiler:- What to Expect in Pokemon...:

~Please note that all art displayed on my account (both signature and profile) are not my work. ._. Credit is given to each respective artist. ~

Quote Originally Posted by avatarsokia View Post
    11. Yes, I am secretly a spambot operated by a person who has created many friendships an bond with others and is building a giant plot to troll every website on the Internet on December 21, 2012 and it will be so horrible that it will destroy the whole world and Nostradamus will crawl up from his grave and laugh in our faces at our ignorance. Now someone sig that.

And they're so easy to predict. Most rain teams consist of politoed, ferrothorn, Dragonite, scizor, tentacruel, jirachi, celebi, thundurus, or tornadus.

Oh I forgot gyrados and rotom w. And vaporeon.

It always consists of Politoed due to drizzle. I have a rain team, that is actually somewhat varied.
    Politoed, Glaceon, Volcarona, Magnezone, Breloom, and Terrakion. Some of them are simply there for sweeping (Breloom and Terrakion) But the rest get benefits from the rain.

~Please note that all art displayed on my account (both signature and profile) are not my work. ._. Credit is given to each respective artist. ~

11. Yes, I am secretly a spambot operated by a person who has created many friendships an bond with others and is building a giant plot to troll every website on the Internet on December 21, 2012 and it will be so horrible that it will destroy the whole world and Nostradamus will crawl up from his grave and laugh in our faces at our ignorance. Now someone sig that.

Quote Originally Posted by S.G. View Post
    It always consists of Politoed due to drizzle. I have a rain team, that is actually somewhat varied.
    Politoed, Glaceon, Volcarona, Magnezone, Breloom, and Terrakion. Some of them are simply there for sweeping (Breloom and Terrakion) But the rest get benefits from the rain.
    Volcarona? In the rain? Why?

But I respect teams that use rain dance, sunny day, or sanstorm. That takes some skill.

Volcarona with Hurricane + Quiver Dance is absolutely devastating. XD

Volcarona with Hurricane + Quiver Dance is absolutely devastating. XD
    Oh yeah. But with the added power to water, volc is done if hit by water move.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjyu View Post
    Oh yeah. But with the added power to water, volc is done if hit by water move.
    Very true. You can add a Focus Sash to Volcarnoa however. After it uses Quiver Dance, it can be able to outspeed the opponent, and then Hurricane it. I haven't tried Focus Sash yet, so I wouldn't know how well it goes.

Very true. You can add a Focus Sash to Volcarnoa however. After it uses Quiver Dance, it can be able to outspeed the opponent, and then Hurricane it. I haven't tried Focus Sash yet, so I wouldn't know how well it goes.
    I'd suggest life orb +morning sun. It works decently. It can act as a semi-revenge killer as well as a sweeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjyu View Post
    I'd suggest life orb +morning sun. It works decently. It can act as a semi-revenge killer as well as a sweeper.
    That is unless a rock type comes along and uses any rock move. Although that applies to Drizzle Volcarona as well.

That is unless a rock type comes along and uses any rock move. Although that applies to Drizzle Volcarona as well.
    Most rock pokemon aren't specially defensive so a +2 stab bug buzz would probably ohko in the rain.

Agreed. Although you may have to set up a Quiver Dance for some of the stronger rock types.

Agreed. Although you may have to set up a Quiver Dance for some of the stronger rock types.
    That's where the +2 comes in.

there should be a move that shuts off weather to counter the politoeds n' stuff. i was fine with weather until drizzle and drought came out of ubers. now its OU in OU!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast