Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #56

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Not knock off, Embargo. Would it stop the pokemon from getting the boost. Same with choice items. Does it stop them? Or just items such as potions.
    It affects held items, yes. It's still inferior to knock off in every way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    A knock off supporter is generally better, as it last the whole battle, rather then 5 rounds.
    Even if Embargo only works for five rounds, you have to know if your opponent will last for 5 rounds. Besides, Gothitelle doesn't get Knock Off, and even if it did, shouldn't use it because it's a physical attack. Of course, Embargo, if being used at all, should only be used on a Frisk set, which is still inferior to a Shadow Tag set.
    Last edited by grantholomew; 26th January 2012 at 7:54 AM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Quote Originally Posted by grantholomew View Post
    Even if Embargo only works for five rounds, you have to know if your opponent will last for 5 rounds. Besides, Gothitelle doesn't get Knock Off, and even if it did, shouldn't use it because it's a physical attack. Of course, Embargo, if being used at all, should only be used on a Frisk set, which is still inferior to a Shadow Tag set.
    Well put. Frisk is all we get (for now), so we may as well consider the option anyway. That said, Embargo does limit your offensive options, so you need to plan wisely. An Embargo set in Doubles/Triples can be devastating if played right...

Well I have to say, Gothitelle is a decent pokemon alright, useable for battles, but never my first choice. It's SA isn't that high, either is it's SD, Sp. there are a lot of phychic pokemons that can replace it.
    White2 FC: 1077 7567 6538
    White1 FC: 1507 2540 5128
    Always looking for events!
    I currently live in Taiwan(GMT+8)

Quote Originally Posted by henryshen11 View Post
    Well I have to say, Gothitelle is a decent pokemon alright, useable for battles, but never my first choice. It's SA isn't that high, either is it's SD, Sp. there are a lot of phychic pokemons that can replace it.
    Yeah, even among the new Generation V Psychic-types, each one has their own specialty. Reuniclus is the most used because of its combination of bulk, and power. Beheeyem is not as bulky but can be just as powerful or more with Analytic. Musharna is bulkier than Reuniclus but lacks a good movepool and power compared to the green blob. Sigilyph is sorta bluky, sorta sweeper. Swoobat is...weird. Basically Gothitelle is neither bulkier nor stronger than Reuniclus, which is why it is NeverUsed while Reuniclus is OverUsed. But Gothitelle will get Shadow Tag, which will give it its niche eventually.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

If this thing gets Shadow Tag ever, it might go to Ubers. It's a Wobb with no Encore, but can attack.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    If this thing gets Shadow Tag ever, it might go to Ubers. It's a Wobb with no Encore, but can attack.
    But we must remember one thing: Shadow Tag allows you to switch out of an opponent's Shadow Tag. It's a game of chicken if Wobbuffet, DW Gothitelle, or DW Chandelure face another from those 3. Gothitelle can get out of Chandelure's Shadow Tag with its own Shadow Tag, which is the right decision and gives you a "safe switch" option, especially if Chand' uses Shadow Ball for the Type advantage and you swap to a Normal Type.

But we must remember one thing: Shadow Tag allows you to switch out of an opponent's Shadow Tag. It's a game of chicken if Wobbuffet, DW Gothitelle, or DW Chandelure face another from those 3. Gothitelle can get out of Chandelure's Shadow Tag with its own Shadow Tag, which is the right decision and gives you a "safe switch" option, especially if Chand' uses Shadow Ball for the Type advantage and you swap to a Normal Type.
    That's far to rare of an ability though. I agree with you, but for a completely different reason. This doesn't matter much.
    But how much can it counter, exactly? Dugtrio has a similar ability to, remember? I don't think Gothitelle can counter enough to be much of a threat.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Now I realize that Encore + Destiny Bond + CounterCoat + Custap Berry almost guaranteed him 2 kills a game or a free set up for a sweeper is the very thing that pushed Wobb to Ubers last gen.

if it gets shadow tag, an idea i have been toying with in DW is to use memento, then send it it
    it has decent bulk, and could set up lloads of calm minds or something, if the opponent has no super effective moves, or better, is scarf locked. works better against special attackers, as calm mind will let you laugh.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Not Ubers. That's Chandelure. Gothitelle doesn't have the stats to stay alive in Ubers.
    Probably OU, definitely UU. It's bulkier than Dugtrio, and won't die as easily. Plus it counters a lot of OU pokemon.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

In DW OU, Goth pairs really well with Techniloom, getting rid of it's main counters, Gliscor, Xatu, and Espeon, and generally trapping stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123