Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokeathlon Discussion

Default Pokeathlon Discussion

I'm amazed how we haven't gotten a thread for Pokeathlon.
    Anyone who plays it really often? I'm really addicted to it. I got around 30 mini-medals so far. The friendship one is hard.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

Currently trying to beat the Snow Throw and Pennant Capture records. I'm not good at those, lol.
    Last edited by Natsuri; 5th September 2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Soul Silver team:
    Diamond team:

The pennant capture is hard. I do literally everything I possibly can with the stylus and my Pokemon hardly moves.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Ah, I've cleared all 10 of them. It took forever, especially the Hurdle Dash and Pennant Capture.
    Snow Throw's easy, all you have to do is that if you're a right hander, keep flicking your stylus the left. If you're a left hander, keep flicking your stylus to the right. I got almost 90 hits with that method.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirisame Marisa View Post
    Ah, I've cleared all 10 of them. It took forever, especially the Hurdle Dash and Pennant Capture.
    Snow Throw's easy, all you have to do is that if you're a right hander, keep flicking your stylus the left. If you're a left hander, keep flicking your stylus to the right. I got almost 90 hits with that method.
    Yes, I know. I even make big snowballs to protect the pokemon I don't use. But I still suck at this game
    Thanks for the advice anyway
    Soul Silver team:
    Diamond team:

I've only played it a couple times with friends when we got bored. But when I have more time I'm sure I'll make it a goal to beat all of the challenges.
    ACCOUNT NO LONGER ACTIVE

My Mew was a badass in the pokeathlon.
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

I love all of them except one. Goal Roll, it is the only mini-(not)game that I haven't gotten the final medal from. 10 points. My record is 4...

Anyone who plays it really often? I'm really addicted to it. I got around 30 mini-medals so far. The friendship one is hard.
    Actually, there was one that stuck around for about a year, but it eventually became over a month old. There's plenty of records in it if you (or anyone else) wants to check it out- there's a link in my sig.

I used to play it all the time, but haven't as much recently, since I've run out of pokemon to medal with at the moment. I really to catch to rest so I can finish this thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Natsuri View Post
    Currently trying to beat the Snow Throw and Pennant Capture records. I'm not good at those, lol.
    Despite my experience, I still don't care for the Pennant Capture- it's just so varied between attempts. I could tell you the teams with which I've beaten the record, if you want. Also, don't focus on stealing pennants.

As for the Snow Throw, use pokemon with high skill & stamina (skill makes you throw faster); Meganium & Lickilicky come to mind. Don't worry about making bigger balls, just throw them straight upward in the yellow team's direction (so the line made by your stylus as it sweeps up the screen is perpendicular to the top of your touch screen). I've been able to get over 100 hits (I can't remember the exact number) with this method.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I love all of them except one. Goal Roll, it is the only mini-(not)game that I haven't gotten the final medal from. 10 points. My record is 4...
    I had a lot of trouble, until I quit dashing all the time. Now I basically just drag my goal scorer around with the stylus (I leave 2 pokes at the goal and have one move around to score). You can also bounce the ball off the walls to 'fake out' the other pokemon.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Despite my experience, I still don't care for the Pennant Capture- it's just so varied between attempts. I could tell you the teams with which I've beaten the record, if you want. Also, don't focus on stealing pennants.
    Thank you, but I like to win with my team I just try to go faster than the others...

Thanks for the advice

My record is 11 and I have nooooo idea of how I did that, since the rest of the time my score isn't higher than 4. I feel always frustrated when I play this game, lol.
    Soul Silver team:
    Diamond team:

Ah, Goal Roll... The game depends all the time. I have no idea how I ended up scoring 16 for it before... I just made my Pokemon run all over the field (with one guarding, of course.)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    Actually, there was one that stuck around for about a year, but it eventually became over a month old. There's plenty of records in it if you (or anyone else) wants to check it out- there's a link in my sig.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the information!

I've pretty much broken every record there; I'm just too lazy to look up those records. I still participate though, but mostly for fun. It's a great place to visit when you're bored of everything else in the games. I feel kind of bad since I don't take the Pokeathlon as seriously as other people do; I rarely feed Aprijuice to my Pokemon and I rely on luck to win.

It's fun to do when I'm bored. I beat all the records on all the courses, took me ages for Pennant Capture and Hurdle Dash, I suck at those. Finally got the end room with the big trophies. Think I have most of the other trophies too. Sometimes me and my sister do link Pokeathlons

Youtube| FS: Phanpy, Marowak + Diggersby 3DS Friend Code: 3540-0200-8196|Tumblr
    Soul Silver Badge Quest

Ah, I see. Thanks for the information!
    Just to be clear, I'm not bothered by this thread, I just was pointing out that we did have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I feel kind of bad since I don't take the Pokeathlon as seriously as other people do; I rarely feed Aprijuice to my Pokemon and I rely on luck to win.
    You don't need to feel bad, just do whatever you find enjoyable.

I always use the aprijuice from the vendor near the dome- making Aprijuice is something I've never learned to do properly, although I've probably bought 1000s from that salesman.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

I play pokeathlon mostly for buying evolution stones and rare candies

I like making aprijuice, even if sometimes I get really mad when it has negative effects.
    Soul Silver team:
    Diamond team:

I don't use aprijuice unless it's really necessary because well, the negative effects are annoying to me. I play it with their base 'stats'. XD

Does anyone have tips for Pennant Capture, I keep getting only ~24 pennants each try, even though I use Pokemon with maximum Skill and Speed. One time I got a maximum of 44 but I don't know how I did that. Moving the Pokemon around is so hard, I'm close to giving up on it :(. I do have the rest of the potential trophies, even 20 goals for Goal Roll.
    Last edited by TwistedSpoon; 14th September 2012 at 6:16 PM.

That's the one that takes most player skill, in my opinion. I only managed to get more than 50 twice, and I've played pokéathlon a lot..

First, try using pokémon with high speed and skill, for they are faster and easier to control. Second, only change pokémon when you have the 9 flags (8 at least), so you can use the final seconds just to fill up to 50 and then go back. Third, the flags follow a pattern; you need to keep that in mind and try making the same circuit every time you leave. The easiest dome configuration is one that has the obstacles placed near the center, leaving 3 aisles, two laterals and one central. You just need to go up through one of the lateral ones and back to the starting line through the middle one, or the opposite side (that depends on wich way the pennants are appearing) Of course, you need a lot of luck as well, since some enemies won't ever stop hitting you, or getting in your way. If you're down close to the entrance, and not full of pennants, you can try hitting an enemy that's about to deliver it's flags.
    3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020 - Ghost Safari

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 150
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5
    Battle Maison Win Streak: 200 (Triple)

I'm beginning to feel I don't have that skill, as I keep getting 31 consistently, but those tips are useful, so thanks ^^.
    What's everyone's favourite course? Mine is probably Hurdle Dash or Ring Drop. I never get tired of those.

I never really bothered with Pennant Capture. 50 was my record but normally I score around 36-40.
    My favourite course is probably Relay Run and Snow Throw.

Snow Throw can tire my arm, though.

I take it the Pokéathlon thread died, then.

I don't go there very often, even though it is really fun. I don't have a lot of medals, though... I don't keep track of them, mainly because I don't really know what the medals stand for half of the time, and I have no idea where the number of total medals you win are really listed.

*looks up*

Ohhhhhhh, medals for different Pokémon.

I mainly use my main team, so don't know how many medals I have, nor the number of points. I don't have my SoulSilver copy with me, so I can't check for sure. I could've sworn you could compete with Magnus, but I guess not. Such a waste.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsuri View Post
    I play pokeathlon mostly for buying evolution stones and rare candies
    Yeah. I ended up having to buy some stuff just so I wouldn't waste the points I'd earned. I ended up with like 60 rare candies from that.
    I don't use aprijuice unless it's really necessary because well, the negative effects are annoying to me. I play it with their base 'stats'. XD
    Sometimes they don't get any negative effects- that's always nice. I think it has to do with natures but I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSpoon View Post
    I'm beginning to feel I don't have that skill, as I keep getting 31 consistently, but those tips are useful, so thanks ^^.
    What's everyone's favourite course? Mine is probably Hurdle Dash or Ring Drop. I never get tired of those.
    Pennant Capture is the most inconsistant event, I think- my score can vary by 20-25 between attempts. The tips given by the previous poster are good ones- regarding the pattern for the flags, I think that's very important. I've noticed my best scores come when I get into the rhythm of the flags respawning. Unfortunately, it takes some luck to get in just the right rhythm, but if you watch them while running around it can help.

I don't know that I have a favorite event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I take it the Pokéathlon thread died, then.
    I could've sworn you could compete with Magnus, but I guess not. Such a waste.
    Yeah, a while back. I saved the records in a word document, and I've thought about doing another record thread (like with Battle Frountier records & stuff, too) but I'm not sure.

And I wish you could go against Magnus, too. That'd be interesting.

I got records for all events except for the snow throw one.

God I hate Pennant Capture with a burning passion! Ok, that's an exaggeration, but it's so annoying. I htink my high schore is 14... -Looks at above posts- Major fail. My favorite games are probably Ring Drop and Disc CAtch.
    I'll put something here...eventually

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast