Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer pokemon gold or silver to their remakes?

I prefer the remakes for sure - HG/SS are my favourite Pokemon games overall. I love the enchanced DS graphics and new features: the incorpration of the touchscreen, Pokemon following you, Pokewalker, Pokeathlon, etc. As for the original, I hardly ever played that when I first got the game. The remakes offer so much more.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥

For the improved graphics, added content, pokemon following you and the running shoes I prefer the remakes. They do offer so much and the games in general keep getting better with the better technology.

However for the sheer feeling I got from playing I prefer the originals. Like someone else said, the memories I have attached to playing the originals are from a simpler time when I only had to worry about primary school which is nothing worth worrying about at all. With the new ones the memories are all about struggling to make ends meet and stay happy in a time when I have more responsibilities and worries.

I'm so glad the GB sounds are in there and so very happy they refuse to change the calls of pokemon. That should never change.

Overall the games are better, I even have better Pokemon than I did back then plus some pretty cool shinies. But, I just can't forget how happy I was compared to now when I played through my original Silver and how much joy that game brought to my life.
    Call me a fool for nostalgia or sentiment, I don't care. I really treasure my days as a child and miss them dearly.

My shiny team. Do not ask for a battle, they're just for personal taste.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2131a2w.png[/IMG]
    Come and join if you have a love of breeding pokemon, want to share your knowledge or want to start!
    Credit shinydoug for the BC banner.

Flareon can learn Flare Blitz.
    http://oi54.*******.com/otdgr8.jpg

I have a box and a half full of Adamant Mold Breaker Axew. Some are Jolly. PM/VM if interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...

I liked that the remakes included tons of new features, but for some reason, I didn't think they were as enjoyable as the original games. I guess I'm still attached to the originals since they were the first Pokemon games that I played.

There is one thing though that I prefer G/S over HG/SS for. Thunderpunch is so much easier to get in G/S/C than it is in HG/SS.

Everything else I like HG/SS better for.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I honestly like both, but the remakes are just amazing. So much has been added to them! And plus, no more worrying about the internal battery right? haha (:

But the originals just have a veerrryy nostalgic feelng to them. I was so happy when you could get the GB sounds player in the remakes!! (:
    My HeartGold Team <3

"If I had a dollar for every brain you don't have, I'd have one dollar!" - Squidward Tentacles

HGSS is way better IMO, mainly because they don't die and have the upgraded graphics. For the most part it's the same game - it's even got a lot of the original dialogue. As long as GB sounds is on to keep it nostalgic ;P Also, HGSS have lots of cool features.

I used to wonder what McDonalds could be - until you shared your ketchup with me
    Big hamburger, tonnes of fries, a beautiful tray, milkshakes with straws, sharing nuggets is an easy feat
    And this ketchup makes it all complete!

HG/SS was a brilliant remake, but I think I'm 50/50 on which one I like better. HG/SS obviously had more features to it, but G/S/C has them old graphics that I absolutely love!

xxx

The remakes: More to do and no replacing the internal battery

I say the remakes Hands down, though I still like the old ones as well. I like SoulSilver over HeartGold, Because Lugia is on the box cover ^^ Though I had to get HeartGold, since Gamestop was out of SoulSilver at the time and I really wanted the Fall Event Mew.
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector

Credit goes to sworn metalhead of dćdric design

[Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

The remakes made it so much easier and faster to catch Entei and Raikou. I had so much trouble and it took forever to find and catch them in Pokemon G/S/C.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

You can kick it old school, dude with those **** sprites.

Originals, in a nutshell. The remakes just doomed the game with bug catching contests and other stuff. The new music isn't so great too, I almost tossed my Dsi out of the window when I heard the new Mt. Silver music And the Lavender music. God, even though they have a Game boy advance music player, I still prefer the originals.
    Last edited by Nightfall_; 17th March 2012 at 2:51 PM.
    EPIC SIG HERE

I don't really remember the old game much, think it got a bug in it that made it erase data. I think I prefer the remakes though. Better graphics and you can get more legends and stuff than in the old games.

I'd say soulsilver has topped my list of pokemon games, of all time.

The remakes are better, there's just way more stuff to do in them

I like the remakes better.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    540 encounters on route 210
    6324 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

That is a tough question i loved the originals, but the remakes have some awesome extras. I'm gonna say originals because of the nostalgia.
    yay hatched my shiny bagon took 191 eggs but worth it jolly natured too

now have my entire shiny squad hatched on my diamond just waiting for someone i know to let me borrow thier ds -.-

Quote Originally Posted by squeezcheese View Post
    I really wish you could drive a car in this game because I would just turn all the bidoofs into roadkill. And play Grand Theft Auto: Sinnoh Edition!
    LOL

HG FC
    OT: Gordon
    FC: 0990 9499 5913

It's hard to say, but I have to say I prefer the remakes because the plot is developed by giving the Rockets actual characters and smoothing over the interface. The Pokeathlon or whatever is a bit strange, but overall the remakes feel true to the originals. Not to mention your pokemon follows you.

Remakes over the originals anyday of my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar the black mage View Post
    I prefer the original over the remakes. Mainly because the older version's music is better.
    You know, in the remakes there is an option to switch the music to the old version music. Which might fix your reasoning.

the old games are awesome, but with better graphics, battle speed, and more pokemon, I'm going with HGSS
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

The remakes were definitely better. With the addition of the battle frontier, pokeathlon and safari zone, it's way ahead of its original version.

Credit to Candlelight Graphics for the banner

Come and join PokemonPlus Forums! Cool and rare event giveaways and new friends in a safe and fun environment awaits!
    Click on the Zekrom userbar to register.

Obviously the remakes. Improved graphics, can catch a lot more Pokémon than the originals and a bunch of other things. HGSS also keep true to the originals as well, but with their own improvements to make the games better.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Heart gold and soul silver , because it's my first pokemon game LOL
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

YES! Because in my opinion, remakes for anything are usually better!

remakes because i like the game mechanics that came with 4th gen. much better.

GodDamnZilla

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast