Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer pokemon gold or silver to their remakes?

I prefer the original over the remakes. Mainly because the older version's music is better.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

Of course the remakes are better. More polished, more content, up to date...

I'd prefer the originals mostly because of nostalgia. Also, I guess their simplicity has something going for it. But objectively speaking, the remakes are much better games of course.

Seeing as how this question is about preference, the nostalgia and the enormous amounts of hours put into the originals compared to the seven hours I put into HG easily wins, so I guess I prefer the originals in that sense. Although I suppose given the choice now, I'd rather play one of the remakes.

I have to go with the Remakes simply for these reasons
    1. Up to Date
    2. More Content
    3. Better Graphics
    4. More Pokemon

Soulsilver than Heartgold >P
    Meh... I think the remakes are good. New stuffs and all *u* starters, gifts,... and now you can take home the bugs from contest... there's safari zone,... POKEATHLON! Suicune not running away like in Crystal, there's somebody to make you remember old moves...

But I kinda like Silver too. XDDD besides it got higher shiny chance XDDD
    Y Team :3

pics from spp :3

I prefer the remakes, primarily because the battling's better. The depth that RS added with Natures and EVs, coupled with the stronger computer, make the major fights a lot more fun. Doubles are the icing on the cake.

Not that I dislike the originals, far from it. The graphics are quite sufficient, the fanciness of the new games is nice but not that important to me. And the 8-bit music is great. There's a pleasing simplicity to them that makes them enjoyable to play. I actually did a Silver playthrough shortly before the HGSS releases. (And regretted not bringing my Silver to the Arceus event at Game, where they had the remakes to play pre-release. I could have shown people original and remake side-by-side.)

I actually spent some time thinking about this and it's difficult to come up with an answer. I did a Crystal playthrough a few months ago (Close enough to G/S) and had a blast because of the aged graphics and the old sprites. While HG/SS is probably a better game it doesn't have one thing that G/S/C have...memories. There are so many things that I will never forget about those days like the first time I beat the E4, the first time I beat my best friend in a battle, playing with my cousins on road trips, playing them after school, etc. That has more to do with my age than anything but HG/SS will never have an impact on my life in that way.

So I guess I'll say I prefer G/S/C, but I will say that HG/SS are better games and those are the ones I will keep playing.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I actually prefer the remakes over the originals for one reason.

The DAMN internal battery!

I found all of my old games (Red/Blue, Gold/Silver/Crystal) and ALL of their batteries are dried up.

Don't get me wrong, i love the originals, but the whole following thing is awesome. That's the main reason i collect shinies. =D
    (OT: Steel) Platinum FC: 4041 0183 1617
    (OT: Gaius) HeartGold FC: In Progress
    (OT: Mythril) White FC: 2709 6132 0030
    (OT: Mei) Black 2 FC:

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    No... GIANT Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza walking behind you, looking like they wanna eat you!
    Groudon is HUGE!
    I saw it and i said "That's a huge Bitc*!"
    (OT: Steel) Platinum FC: 4041 0183 1617
    (OT: Gaius) HeartGold FC: In Progress
    (OT: Mythril) White FC: 2709 6132 0030
    (OT: Mei) Black 2 FC:

The Remakes,they were obviously better.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

The remakes are better but they still needed to make the wild pokemon, trainers, gym leaders, and elite 4 stronger, which obviously didn't happen >.>

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

The remakes. I liked how they gave you the GB sounds and let you listen to the old music. Plus it's a lot easier to level up and fill your Dex. I still love playing my Crystal though.
    "Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes."

<--- Click it, I will love you forever <3

Definantly remakes. I played Gold about a year before HG came out (or info was released actually, I just decided to pick it up. irony much? : P)and I have to say I like HG better. less confusing graphics, more pokes, more moves, etc.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

I prefer HGSS because of the graphics and the new Pokemon. Plus you don't have to worry about the battery because HGSS's batteries last forever... I think.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I don't own Gold, Silver and HeartGold, but I do own Crystal and SoulSilver, so I know what I'm talking about. I prefer Crystal, because of nostalgia. Sure, the graphics are less good, but the nostalgia and Gen III and IV Pokemon being non-existent there is what I love about it. But I love both Crystal and SoulSilver, both have their adventages. Crystal has nostalgia and SoulSilver has more possibilities and better graphics. Choosing is hard, but if I have to choose, Crystal it is. Originals over remakes.

I still love playing the originals, but the remakes are absolutely brilliant. The only thing that's missing is the ability to decorate your room.

I love HG and SS a lot better than the originals. Having the Pokemon walk with you, cool new features, much better looking effects especially when you meet the legendary Pokemon, and the internal batteries aren't dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles2007 View Post
    The remakes are better but they still needed to make the wild pokemon, trainers, gym leaders, and elite 4 stronger, which obviously didn't happen >.>
    For leaders and the Elite 4, it did, slightly. If you check the teams on Bulbapedia, most gained a couple of levels between GSC and HGSS. It's still not really enough though.

to be honest, all these people obssesed with "nostalgia" arnt making any sense. not only are the graphics better but they included the GB sounds and the pokedex is almost exactly the same as the crystal one
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I do get the nostalgic feeling while playing HG.... so I prefer the remakes due to their improovements.

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    to be honest, all these people obssesed with "nostalgia" arnt making any sense. not only are the graphics better but they included the GB sounds and the pokedex is almost exactly the same as the crystal one
    If you don't understand it, you've probably never felt it. The outdated graphics and lesser developed features and areas is part of the nostalgia, dude. The old games had charm about them. GB Sounds certainly helps, but it doesn't bring me back as well as simply playing the original games does. If it weren't for the fact that the internal batteries on my original G/S cartridges died, I'd still be playing those today same as I do R/B (which I prefer to FR/LG).

I liked the Remix the most, because most of the stuff from the originals were improved.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I spent most of Summer 2000 - before it came out in the UK - playing Silver. Playing SS a decade later was cool 'n' all, but nothing will replace the original in my eyes.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

The original just for the memories.

Silver I associate with my grandparents house (while they were alive).
    SoulSilver I associate with college and exams.

I prefer the remakes. Aswell as having new features, it is a much more polished game than the origionals and MUCH better graphics

Credit goes to Shade2000 for this amazing banner!!

Friend Codes:

White: 3783 6019 7192
    3DS: 1719 4033 7064

(I give a normal type friend zone with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Chansey, pm me your friend code so that I can add you too!)

I prefer the remakes-Soulsilver/Heartgold-Simply because it took so long for me to get it (Like 3 weeks to save up). During that time I went on a school trip and met a really nice girl (but we're not going out ). Plus the obvious graphics. Why couldn't black and white have those graphics? Sure, they show the complete back sprite, but it's all fuzzy and you can clearly see the squares.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast