Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer pokemon gold or silver to their remakes?

I like both, but I prefer SoulSilver

Remakes over the originals. Better graphics updated everything (while still keeping the old stuff in check.) and just better in general. I'll always love the gold and silver version but in my book HeartGold is a great remake of a great game and just plain better.
    Ah light. Isn't it curious how in trillions of years all the light in the universe will be gone. Hope you have a flashlight.

Games: Pokemon Y, LoZ: ALBW, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    3DS Friend Code: 3952-7603-8923
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Electrode, Stunfisk, and Zebstrika
    Pokemon I'm looking for: Dragonair and Growlithe mainly but anything is fine.

I like HeartGold. My PC is filled with Pokemon
    Currently Playing: Pokemon HeartGold.
    I own: Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Ruby, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon Emerald Pokemon FireRed, Pokemon HeartGold, Pokemon SoulSilver, Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Black
    (SoulSilver) PokeWalker 1 Pokemon:
    Monday-Friday: Celebi/Celeste (No Gender)
    Saturday-Sunday: Mew/Melissa (No Gender)
    (HeartGold) PokeWalker 2 Pokemon:
    Monday-Friday: Farfetch'd/Fara (Female)
    Saturday-Sunday: Mew/Melissa (No Gender)
    Favorite Pokemon: Celebi

Remakes, but only because you have more to do after you beat Red.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Scratch my last post: I like hg better

I actually genuinely enjoy Crystal more than the remakes. I don't know why, but no individual change makes it less enjoyable, just all the little things seem to add up to the game being less enjoyable for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingT View Post
    Wynut gets strong by pushing up on people.
    Little gay-wad...
    lmao.

I owned Gold, Silver and SoulSilver and I prefer SoulSilver. SS was everything that Gold and Crystal were plus more.

The Remakes, it had everything of G/S, it better graphics, and post-story.

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

I like heart gold and soul silver better. The post game was much better, and they added in some crystal elements to improve the game. However, I've played gold and silver and they're good games too.
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

I prefer the remakes. Overall they're just better, mainly because of the post-game, and a few other things.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

I remember conquering Silver back in the day without too much difficulty, but I was a pokemon freak when I was a kid. Now 13 years later, SoulSilver was the first game I got since that game. A lot of things have changed since I last played obviously, but it was so easy to get into again and I forgot how much fun it still is. This is even better though, they vastly improved not only SoulSilver, but the franchise in general. It's great!
    SoulSilver FC: 3354-0495-3145

I'm absolutely obsessed with all things Cyndaquil and Typhlosion, I think its a really awesome pokemon and underrated in many ways. That and who doesn't want a cuddly little fire breather like Cyndaquil? :3

I'm not into them much, but if I have to choose I like the new version better.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Silver has always been my favorite generation of Pokemon, so I was definitely excited to have it get a remake.
    The original will always have a soft spot in my heart, but Soul Silver is absolutely amazing imo, since it takes my favorite game and improves upon it in so many ways.
    ACCOUNT NO LONGER ACTIVE

The remakes are better because they have more Pokemon, more games and better WiFi stuff.
    Black 2 Badge Quest
    2 Badges

lv. 12 | lv. 15 | lv. 12 | lv. 12 | lv. 17 | lv. 18

Upon first playthroughs? The originals.

But the remakes are much much better in every way possible. The graphics, music, UI, animations, etc.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I like Gold and Silver, because it reminds me of my childhood, even though I'm still technically a child. But, I like HGSS, because the battery doesn't die and your data gets wiped! (>.<)

Both are great but I like Soul Silver. Mainly because you get Latios, Groudon, and Lugia is the center theme. Otherwise they are basically identical

I was not a fan of FireRed/LeafGreen, but I LOVED Soulsilver. i would sya i prefer remakes in this case anyway.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Obviously the remakes are better but I still miss playing G/S.

the remakes hands down. having the pokemon follow you was awesome.

Obviously the remakes are better, however I still like the pokemon sprites from S/G better than any other game

Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

These games are seriously the ultimate pokemon games. Hell, I got HG after Black and I must say just because of the content available to you HG/SS is a superior game to the 1st 5th gen games.
    The biggest thing I like is that you got sooooo many legendaries. You got the bird trio, dog trio, the 3rd gen guys, those weird airplane looking guys, Lugia AND Ho-oh, Mewtwo, and if you meet certain conditions you can unlock one of the guys from pearl/plat/diamond. Fortunately I bought the game used and the guy had all 3. I think he traded them from his other games though since they were all in the 50s save for the one with many limbs. He was L80. I took them all and sent them to my Black game and restarted it cause I obviously want to play the game.

I never got to play the originals because my mom wouldn't buy them for me, so I only know the remakes. I don't think it would make a difference though. Heartgold is one of my favorites.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Hi,

I personally like the remakes better, though there are a few mistakes.

I prefer the originals, but accept that the remakes have a lot of improvements and are better

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast