Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172
Results 1,776 to 1,795 of 1795

Thread: BW 69 Fukiyose Gym Air-Battle! Challenger Dento!?

Quote Originally Posted by dd1zzle View Post
    Why does Dent want to battle Fuuro? Is it because she doesn't even battle the challengers, she just look at the trainer's pokémon?
    Yep pretty much. As a gym leader he thinks the way she does that is wrong and doesn't help young trainers grow.

I don't know about y'all, but I feel like this is similar to Volkner.
    Yeah a lot of people have said that too.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I don't know about y'all, but I feel like this is similar to Volkner.
    But not at all, Volkner just left the badges out for people to grab, if Skyla's thinks your gonna lose, no badge for you
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    But not at all, Volkner just left the badges out for people to grab, if Skyla's thinks your gonna lose, no badge for you
    Well they said it feels similar, we know it's not the exact same :P

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

She basically just doesn't think battling is really needed to know who wins. She thinks her knowledge of how battles will go is good enough, and doesn't bother with battling to see if she's right.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Well they said it feels similar, we know it's not the exact same :P
    I just felt like pointing it out...seeing as Skyla at least is confronting the challengers, but I find it hilarious that they all appear younger then Ash in the preview and that they all have lower staged Pokemon
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Battle prediction: Cilan vs. Skyla
    Pansage vs. Swoobat (Pansage)
    Pansage vs. Unfezant (Unfezant)
    Unfezant vs. Crustle (Crustle)
    Crustle vs. Swanna (Swanna)
    Swanna vs. Stunfisk (Swanna)

Skyla wins
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Battle prediction: Cilan vs. Skyla
    Pansage vs. Swoobat (Pansage)
    Pansage vs. Unfezant (Unfezant)
    Unfezant vs. Crustle (Crustle)
    Crustle vs. Swanna (Swanna)
    Swanna vs. Stunfisk (Swanna)

Skyla wins
    Poor Stunfisk...he has yet to get a win :/

I'll be more then happy for Stunfisk to get a win but base on the next episodes summary I see a lost for Cilan maybe if we're lucky a draw with Stunfisk and Swanna KO each other.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

It will most likely get a win here, or a tie. I really hope I'm not wrong...

Since it airs in the few hours, I am happy with my last prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    I would like him to tie.

[ Pansage ] vs [ Swoobat ] : (In the 40 sec preview, both Cilan and Skyla seem very happy and calm when sending out these two, so it may be the first matchup, as later on Cilan could be more tense) Pansage loses.
    [ Crustle ] vs [ Swoobat ] : Crustle wins.
    [ Crustle ] vs [ Unfezant ] : Crustle is returned.
    [ Stunfisk ] vs [ Unfezant ] : Stunfisk wins.
    [ Stunfisk ] vs [ Swanna ] : Swanna wins.
    [ Crustle ] vs [ Swanna ] : Brave Bird & Shell Smash'd X-Scissor Tie.
    Hopefully I'm close enough.

Random : PokéRadar

Why, I can't help but wonder, are the anime writers making SKYLA similar to Volkner in this position, when ELESA was the one in the games to canonly be stated to take after Volkner? Why didn't they do this with Elesa, instead of fixating on her position as a model?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Why, I can't help but wonder, are the anime writers making SKYLA similar to Volkner in this position, when ELESA was the one in the games to canonly be stated to take after Volkner? Why didn't they do this with Elesa, instead of fixating on her position as a model?
    Well I guess they could have, but decided to go with the model thing with Elesa and focus on Bianca's growth. I think they did this for Skyla to give her a different personality than her in game self, which isn't that memorable compared to others.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

For the being able to predict and because of that not battling storyline to really make sense, Skyla's Pokemon's typings actually fits better. Elesa's Model storyline/background was unique to use for the Anime and popular so they went with that instead.

I'm not disagreeing with you - in fact, that's an excellent point - but when was it stated that Elesa is directly like Volkner? I just can't remember anything like that.

Well I guess they could have, but decided to go with the model thing with Elesa and focus on Bianca's growth. I think they did this for Skyla to give her a different personality than her in game self, which isn't that memorable compared to others.
    I still fail to see any actual development for Bianca in that episode...

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I still fail to see any actual development for Bianca in that episode...
    No not as a league contender, but she grew as a person. It was evident to Bianca's father that she had grown since she left on her journey and that he didn't have to worry so much about her.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Even if what you said is true about her taking after Volkner, I don't see the point of having 2 Electric-type gym leader's who don't want to battle. Besides, in-game wise, Elesa has a better storyline then Skyla. With Skyla all you do is just go to the city, meet up with Pops Juniper & she then heads to Celestial Tower. You Meet up with her there & ring a bell & then she leaves. With Elesa, you had the Bianca storyline which seemed way better than Skyla's, so it would make sense to keep Elesa's storyline & giving Skyla something better than going up a tower & ringing a bell.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Even if what you said is true about her taking after Volkner, I don't see the point of having 2 Electric-type gym leader's who don't want to battle. Besides, in-game wise, Elesa has a better storyline then Skyla. With Skyla all you do is just go to the city, meet up with Pops Juniper & she then heads to Celestial Tower. You Meet up with her there & ring a bell & then she leaves. With Elesa, you had the Bianca storyline which seemed way better than Skyla's, so it would make sense to keep Elesa's storyline & giving Skyla something better than going up a tower & ringing a bell.

I agree, Skyla was the least memorable, and in my experience in the the game least challenging of the gym leaders. Giving her this story ads to her personality for the Anime's purposes.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

Pansage vs SWoobat (Pansage)
    Pansage vs Unfezant (Unfezant)
    Crustle vs Unfezant (Crustle)
    Crustle vs Swanna (Swanna)
    Stunfisk vs Swanna (Draw)

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    vs Dewott (Pikachu used instead)
    vs Leavanny (Pikachu used instead)
    vs Pansear (Loss)
    vs Darmanitan (Loss)

From what I remember.
    So two loses and one was for the plot, it's lost against Darmanitan was unfair, but it seems like it had been with Red Meteor for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKTOPIA View Post
    I hope there's a good person for him battling her then.

That'd be a total repeat and if it happens I'll be mad as hell.
    Sure, it'd be a repeat in terms of Bianca and Cilan having both lost, but these would be under different circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Um since when is stealing food a positive thing??

Ya you need to go back and watch those episodes again lol, whenever he pops out he loses. I can't even remember him winning once.

Mijumaru and Scraggy take up a spot on the team by never being rotated, therefore yes, when they appear, others can't.

Also I'm not saying don't appear, I'm saying don't appear unless Ash calls him out just like the rest of the pokes.
    I never said it was a positive thing, so don't take words out of my mot. I just asked how it was dumb.

No, I don't need to go back and watch any episodes. It just turn out that he hasn't popped out of his Pokeball, where he actually battles that much. I thought he did it with Pansage and he could have won against Blitzle, if it wasn't for Blitzle's double kick.

The starters don't/hardly get rotated, and sure Scraggy would take up a spot on his team, whenever he appears, there's still a chance for another one to appear.

Plus Ash could always rotate in an episode. So lame the writers for not doing that.

Well at least Oshawott shows initiative and he doesn't wait in his Pokeball sometimes, to be called out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    IF no one else gets a win, the troll-faced mud fish needs to get one.

Being realistic, we know God-Rock is getting at least one win.

The stuff Fuuro says during Swanna vs. God-Rock, implies he beat Kenhollow at the least with the Shell Break + Rock Wrecker combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Even if Maggyo faints, if he gets a win in beforehand, it gives him a much needed win, indeed.

By nature of evolving and being Dento's powerhouse, he cannot help but be the main battler most of the time now?
    Well if it isn't n official gym match, Unfezant could be swapped out.

And Crustle could be returned during the match or she knows the combo without her Pokemon going down, but I expect Crustle to defeat Unfezant.

Crustle has only won like 4 or so battles. Just because it has one all of the few battles it has been in doesn't really dignify it as a Powerhouse in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Considering Skyla is still being vilified when Ash fights her, don't count on it.

I just hope Cilan can shut up when it's Ash's turn and doesn't ruin the battle with distractions...
    What if Cilan is helping Ash out. Sure, Ash should do things on his own accord, but a little help from the sidelines, whether it be from Iris or Cilan, wouldn't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Maybe Georgia's Beartic is just stronger than 99 Pokemon combined (technically, into Excadrill). That thing hasn't lost a battle yet.
    But it tied and it unfairly won against Joltik, because it fell on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I think it would be against the rules if the Gym Leader is restricted from switching Pokemon. Move or not, it's still switching. Case and point, Elesa was restricted from switching and so her Emolga didn't know Volt Switch like in the games. On the other end, Lenora was able to switch Pokemon because that was part of her Roar/Mean Look strategy.
    Who says that is the reason it didn't have Volt Switch. It's a move, so it should be fine.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Well here's hoping Dento puts up a hell of a fight before going down.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22626869707172