Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aqua and Magma

Default Aqua and Magma

So Aqua and Magma were the new teams and they had new ideas. Instead of Team Rocket they were idealists. Getting more land and sea seems wrong and all, but when you think of this... We take everything land and sea grants us and we pollute and destroy it in return. Is it really that bad to want to do something good for the sea and the land?

Most common argument is that if you raise the sea level, there will be a lot of people and pokemon that die. But how many animals (and pokemon) did we kill for our benefits? We fish to eat them. We hunt to get their skin. And there are some people who are against these. Aqua and Magma went just one step further in my opinion, they wanted to give the land/sea something back for all they gave us.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin9399 View Post

The Sea… a mighty enemy who destroyed civilizations, who is always fighting. Yet she’s also an ally. She grants us air to breath, water to drink, beaches to enjoy, coral riffs to visit, routes to be traded across and fish to be eaten. She lets us build ports, recreation centres and let us take the oil She buried beneath her. But what have we given the Sea in return? We gave her oil on her body, we dumped our trash in her. Species that She brought us, were hunted to death by us, we made them extinct.
    But no longer will the Sea be tormented. This time, She has found allies. We will make her grow stronger and larger! We’re Team Aqua! To make this beautiful and great idea happen, we will look for the lord of the Sea, Kyogre. With it’s help, the Sea will be larger then ever before, and finally, we’ve paid the Sea back for what we took! She will be the shiny beauty again before humankind spoiled it!
    AQUA FOR THE WIN!

So what are your views on Team Aqua and Team Magma?

Credits to Lapin (Extroph edition)

Is it really that bad to want to do something good for the sea and the land?
    No. it is not. As I play through my Ruby, I really hate trashing Team Magma guys because I think what they are trying to do is a good thing. The wild animals (or Pokemon) deserve a better place to live than near or in our filthy cities.

But how many animals (and pokemon) did we kill for our benefits? We fish to eat them. We hunt to get their skin. And there are some people who are against these. Aqua and Magma went just one step further in my opinion, they wanted to give the land/sea something back for all they gave us.
    ^True stuff there. I actually support the teams. They are really trying to do good, whether people realize it or not.

White FC: 4728-9093-6439
    Black FC: 3182-0667-6113
    White 2 FC: 1206-7086-4447
    3DS FC: 2380-3774-8245

I wouldn't mind swimming to school.

They needed more admins in my opinion.
    But what they did... I don't really understand it all.

I liked the twist that they gave the series. Instead of just stealing Pokemon to take over the world they actually had other objectives! I wouldn't support either cause but the teams definitely made things interesting.

Having two evil teams in a game is fantastic, and they aren't like other teams whose main focus is pokemon.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

It was a good idea to have two opposing teams duke it out, and nearly destroying the world in the process. They had reasons for their idealistic thoughts, but they made no sense, for one thing, and what they would have done would have been destructive no matter who won. They eventually saw what they nearly done and disbanded, but it's not clear whether they really did or not. For all we know, there's still nutjobs out there in the Pokémon world who want to continue their work, it's not outright stated.

They're not my favorite teams in the games (Team Rocket still holds that privilege), but they were rather threatening, so that does make them good villains in that department.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

They're pretty cool, R/S were the first (and only I think) to introduce two different teams fighting against each other. Especially in Emerald where you get to battle them both. Their goals were unique too; I like how they thought they were doing good.
    "Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes."

<--- Click it, I will love you forever <3

team magma was strong but archie dissolved team , for me is best team rocket .
    Hello im frenky
    favourite games : Emerald , Fire red
    favourite pokemon : ALL
    i play pokemon games on PSP (psp GBA emulator) and im fan of anime, sorry for my bad english

Team magma was awesome and Team Aqua was worse then Team Magma but i do like how there are 2 evil groups instead of one
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

I really enjoyed the idea of Team Aqua and Team Magma. Eco terrorist was a great concept. I do have a few gripes with them however.

1)Their plots were not really all that thought out. Maxie and Archie were so focused on what they thought was the right thing that they never though about the consequences of what they were actually doing and how much it would distort the ecosystem, which they were trying to 'fix' and manipulate.
    2)The lack of Admins, and important battles between them. This is pretty obvious so I'm not going to really elaborate.
    3)The lack of pokemon on their teams. It seemed as if both teams just had generic stuff and then a fire or water pokemon scattered about seldemly. I just think the teams should have incorporated the fire/ground and water theme more.
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

I don't find both team really smart. More like nuts if not dumb.
    Theyre the weakest villains so far. Even one Ghetsis can mess them up I believe.

X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Venusaur View Post
    I really enjoyed the idea of Team Aqua and Team Magma. Eco terrorist was a great concept. I do have a few gripes with them however.

1)Their plots were not really all that thought out. Maxie and Archie were so focused on what they thought was the right thing that they never though about the consequences of what they were actually doing and how much it would distort the ecosystem, which they were trying to 'fix' and manipulate.
    2)The lack of Admins, and important battles between them. This is pretty obvious so I'm not going to really elaborate.
    3)The lack of pokemon on their teams. It seemed as if both teams just had generic stuff and then a fire or water pokemon scattered about seldemly. I just think the teams should have incorporated the fire/ground and water theme more.
    Reading your comment two, youre a gen 4 guy arent you? We only had "important admin battles in four. But I agree with eco terrorism point and stale teams Qwaa

Quote Originally Posted by Swagsire View Post
    Reading your comment two, youre a gen 4 guy arent you? We only had "important admin battles in four. But I agree with eco terrorism point and stale teams Qwaa
    I'm actually a Team Rocket guy. That said, I did enjoy Cyrus, as he was probably the most thought out villain.
    Chive on!
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Venusaur View Post
    I'm actually a Team Rocket guy. That said, I did enjoy Cyrus, as he was probably the most thought out villain.
    4th gen rocket? cause 1st gens "Meaningful Admin battles" consisted of Giovanni, Followed by Giovanni, and if you had yellow, Jesse and James Qwaa

Quote Originally Posted by Swagsire View Post
    4th gen rocket? cause 1st gens "Meaningful Admin battles" consisted of Giovanni, Followed by Giovanni, and if you had yellow, Jesse and James Qwaa

Overall Team Rocket is my favorite team but this is also influenced by the manga and what not. I never said Rocket was perfect, in fact it has a lot to be desired. You're the one who keeps bring up 4th gen.
    Chive on!
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

I like Team Magma more than Team Aqua. I like their outfits....

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

I personally liked the team magma grunts always after groudon, he kicks butt in this gen

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

I think that while they may be a cool team, their goals were unrrealistic and made them look like luantics

Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

I feel they were better than rocket, but still pretty evil. The only team I really align with is Plasma...
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

You can probably tell I'm a Team Aqua fan. Mainly because I tend to find sea creatures far more fascinating than land creatures. But of course they went the wrong way about getting their ambitions.

My shiny pokemon: as well as shiny Snivy I got from some randomer japanese guy over the GTS
    Y Friend Code 2793-1497-1708
    Friend Safari: Poison, Gloom, Muk and Garbodor!

Play Ocarina Of Time. Get to Ganon. Replace Ganon with Emboar and tell me he doesn't fit right in? The truth is out, Ganon has escaped, and is now in the form of a Pokemon!!!

Spoiler:- Credits:

I didn't like them that much. They didn't have much depth to them, merely spouting the same "herp derp we're going to expand the land/sea" ******** the entire game. And none of the admins really had any depth to them, characterization wise the lower ranked admins (Tabitha and Courtney in Magma, Matt and Shelly in Aqua) had absolutely no interesting traits or anything, they acted like generic grunts that happened to be tougher. I did like that in Emerald, they both appeared as evil teams and traded off different storyline events, that was more realistic, but they did nothing to improve either team's characterization, so meh. I will say if they ever do come back, they need a lot more depth to them, not just giving them more realistic motives, but more realistic personalities as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I never liked either one of them, still don't.
    To me, I was always surprised at the direction they took with their villains.
    We went from Team Rocket who was out to steal Pokemon, cause mayhem and screw some stuff up to these two teams who want to completely destroy the world.
    I felt like they leaped, jumped and flew over all the other possibilities for villains they could have and they have been trying to just up the ante ever since.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Controversial topic.

I think, if you want to save the Land/Sea, you should do it with small steps.

I prefer Magma, actually, because apparently some sea pokemon, like Goldeen, can possible survive on land.

Doesn't mean I like their ideas (I think neither are doing good), if Magma won, water could still be around, right?
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast