Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aqua and Magma

dudez aqua would rule the world, ever heard the story of noah?
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

In my opinion Team Magma and Aqua were a bunch of retards, not as much as the next criminal teams (Galactic and Plasma), but none of them are as much original as Team Rocket.

Their plan (expanding the sea or land) is catastrophic, in a degree that the effects would destroy/harm themselves eventually.

While I would side with Magma because more land sounds better than more sea, I have to say both were at fault but both were trying (and failing) to do good, they just took it to extremes. In my opinion, it turned from a true goal to a rivalry.
    It seemed like they had good intentions but they were taken way too far by the rivalry aspect. I don't think they ever wanted to hurt anyone/anything, just expand to help mankind without thinking of consequences.

But in my opinion, you can survive a drought easier than a flood.
    ___Pokémon Y___

I guess I liked Team Aqua more since their goal would have helped Pokemon more than humans, but I also kind of liked Team Magma because they had better uniforms in my opinion. It's really hard to side with either one of them completely though because they were still villainous groups that put Hoenn through hell just to satisfy their desires.

I liked Team Magma's outfits and I think they had a fair point. The earth is 75% water it can afford 25% more land

I personally like Team Magma's outfits a lot more than Team Aqua's.. Plus, Team Aqua woke me up >_>
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I liked Team Magma's outfits and I think they had a fair point. The earth is 75% water it can afford 25% more land
    No they wanted to get rid of water and make everywhere land with the power of groudons drought.

My Views on Team Magma and Team Aqua Were That They Were Two Amazing Villainous Teams in The Hoenn Region. Both Teams Having Similar Goals in Using Ancient Pokemon For There Own Needs to Built a Better World. But There Rivalry Is a Result of The Two Teams Having Different Beliefs. Team Magma's Ultimate Goal is to Expand The Amount of Landmass in the World by Awakening Groudon While Team Aqua's Ultimate Goal is to Expand The Amount of Water in The World by Awakening Kyogre. I Thought That Team Magma and Team Aqua Had Great Outfits and Great Ideas and Plans to Achieve there Goals Hankered by Great Leaders in Maxie (Team Magma) and Archie (Team Aqua). Team Magma and Team Aqua's Admins should have been more Involved in The Anime, Games, and Manga's. The Climax between Team Magma and Team Aqua Happened When The Great Battle Between Groudon and Kyogre Occured, Resulting in Both Ancient Pokemon Taking to Rest in Underground Magma (Groudon) and Marine Trench (Kyogre). Maxie and Archie decided to End there Feud after seeing The Disaster they have Caused. With All of That being Said, I Thought That Hoenn Introduced a Pretty Cool Concept of Having Two Villainous Teams in The Pokemon Franchise.
    Last edited by Pokemon1998Ash; 14th May 2013 at 9:19 AM.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

I personally always like Aqua better because I thought Magama was stupid for wearing coats inside of a volcano
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I personally always like Aqua better because I thought Magama was stupid for wearing coats inside of a volcano
    lol.

I also prefer Aqua because their ambition is slightly lighter than Magma's and I never liked fire to begin with.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I prefer them to team rocket but still think they're evil. I mean, you're trying to awaken a pokemon that only exists in legends. Just cause you want to make the land/sea bigger. I like Team Aria better (Rayquaza)

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

That said, I prefer Plasma to all other teams(if you couldn't tell)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

I have to say that I didn't like the idea of both teams, rather crazy I must say. But between the two, team Aqua of course is better because they seem to have a better conviction, has an advantage over magma and their uniform makes more sense than magma.
    - Nate the

Team Magma they make a pretty good point, nice outfits, and they like fire Pokemon just like me.
    Last edited by Mudkipzroks; 5th May 2013 at 4:00 PM.
    http://www.neoseeker.com/ Please join this site I think we should help all the community's there also this is the one that I am trying to build up http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/64633/. So please join and help

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg31/...if&res=landing
    I don't accept random friend requests and don't read my convos

Team Aqua for moi, they're awesome... and I love water types... but not as much compared to the Dark Types...

Credit to Bru for my banners<3
    Quote Originally Posted by TayRanitar View Post
    Was wonder trading some starters yesterday and got a Bidoof called "JustinBieber". I then took it to the elite 4 to get mauled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajduk View Post
    You, sir, are a true hero. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yeah, the idea was sorta unrealistic... Super-crazy people with ideals that were over exaggerated to the point it was stupid... But personally, I supported Magma. They had a cooler outfit, a creative base in Emerald and wouldn't kill people by flooding them, like Aqua would.

I love both, honestly. ;-; I'd love for them to get along and form one awesome and evil team, though. >:3

Xx|Divinity|xX

They had interesting Ideas, and I guess it was a way for ruby and sapphire to be more diverse. But I feel like they needed.....polishing. For one thing, the only pokemon that differentiated the two was NumelCamerupt and Carvahna/Sharpedo. Both had the weak poochyena and zubat evolutions. Also, why did team aqua steal the meteorite in Sapphire and bring it to mount chimney? Were they simply trying to prevent team magma from causing the volcano to erupt to expand land? But then.....why did they bring to the volcano in the first place? Did team magma take it from them at one point, bring it to mount chimney, and Team Aqua interfered before team Magma could complete the task? I guess when emerald was made, gamefreak fixed this...

@Shymain
    Team Magma didnt want to kill people with floods....they just wanted to kill people with lava from mount chimney
    Last edited by Yambino; 28th May 2013 at 12:53 AM.
    PM me for battles in NU, my favorite tier!

Overall, I preferred Team Aqua over Team Magma, as Sapphire is my Favourite Game of ALL TIME and I like Kyogre more than Groudon. I do like Magma's outfits more though.

Thanks to epicjirachifan from The Comet Graphics for the Fire Emblem Banner!

Team aqua only because they look like pirates. Plus Archie's beard is so well groomed
    White 2 Friend Code: 2280-5933-8307

I think that Team Aqua and Magma are interesting to say the least, I like how they are have an idea in mind with a goal instead of just wanting to steal pokemon, I have only played Sapphire so I don't know much about team Magma, but I like Aqua - they are pirate like and I like that.

Having said this, I still prefer Team Rocket to Aqua and Magma, mainly due to nostalgic feelings but in general Team Rocket seem more like an evil corporation that A/M.

I like team aqua... water and kyogre, but I love my dark pokemon

Thankz to Astral Shadow for the team pose, and Myself for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    Controversial topic.

I think, if you want to save the Land/Sea, you should do it with small steps.

I prefer Magma, actually, because apparently some sea pokemon, like Goldeen, can possible survive on land.

Doesn't mean I like their ideas (I think neither are doing good), if Magma won, water could still be around, right?
    Exactly.

What people don't seem to understand, and can't get through their thick skulls is that Team Magma/Aqua weren't TRYING to cause some kind of crazy apocalypse. Team Magma wanted to use Groudon's power to expand the land, and Team Aqua wanted to use Kyogre to expand the water. What people conclude is that Team Magma/Aqua were trying to get rid of ALL water/land. This wasn't the case, as both Archie and Maxie seemed truly scared when they saw Kyogre's/Groudon's true power, which could have potentially destroyed Hoenn.
    Trainer name: Liam (I'm usually up for casual battles now...)

Friend Codes Pearl: 5113 7483 6924 White: 0562 7412 3100
    "While working on my PokéDex, I looked all over for Pokémon. Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type. And now... I'm the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you. I am the most powerful Trainer in the world!"
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2jdqr5x.jpg[/IMG]

Team Magma and Aqua are... rather interesting. I mean, where in the world they even came with the idea? And I think it's rather hilarious at the end of the Emerald when Archie and Maxie have awoken the legendary beasts and got them into a fight with each other and then they're like: "Whaat? Oh, this isn't really a good idea after all... hero of the game, HELP US!" Really... shees! What they were THINKING anyway? I quess nothing...

But anyway, I like both teams. I think it's best when both of them are your enemy like they are in Emerald. I haven't played Ruby but I have Sapphire and there's Magma helping me and Aqua as villain. I like Archie better than Maxie but I wouldn't say that I like Team Aqua more than Magma. They aren't the smartest villain team of the game series (if any of them is) but they're rather... well, interesting and at least they posed a real threat to all people and Pokémon with their apocalyptic plans.

So...Team Aqua...

I've always preferred Team Magma, probably because I played Ruby first. Their outfits also look much tougher in my opinion.

But I love both of the teams and think that their plans were the most.. erm... creative out of all the evil teams.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast