Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: One move that will change everything

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    To be fair, a lot of Pokemon get Earthquake that make no sense..

Mankey, Chansey, Pineco, Shuckle, Teddiursa, Mantyke, Spheal.. Archen?
    I'm looking at you, Sandile, learning EQ by level up. Though I guess that's just a STAB move GF probably just threw on there for a high level.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

I really think that giving Samurott Shell Smash and Close Combat would make it a powerful UU threat.

Just by looking at its stats, you can already see that it makes a great mixed sweeper with 100 Att and 108 SpAtt. It's just brought down by its horrible speed. Shell Smash would remedy that greatly. Shell Smash allows it to completely KO the unboosted metagame as well as some 100 Scarfers. A set of Waterfall/Hydro Pump/Megahorn can take out a lot of UU's prominent threats, such as Mew, Weavile, Arcanine, Shaymin, and Roserade, the fact that it can utilize both Hydro Pump and Waterfall to break a majority of UU walls.

Now the next thing is Close Combat. I mean, he's a samurai, right?
    Close Combat gives him the crucial coverage he needs to succeed. While Water/Bug is fine coverage in UU, Steel-types still plague him, due to their high defense, and dish heavy damage out on him. By having Close Combat, this becomes a non-problem. Things that would usually switch in on him, Empoleon, Cobalion, and Escavalier, all can heavily dent him with Grass Knot (80 BP), Close Combat, and Megahorn, respectively. Close Combat makes this a non-issue, as +2 CC always KOs Emp and Cobe, while Escavalier is KOed 73% of the time.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

GF is so stupid for not giving Blastoise, Shell Smash. Also the Legendary Birds, especially Zapdos IMO should of got Hurricane. When I first saw the 2 moves, Sacred Sword, and Secret Sword, I thought right from the glance that Gallade would get them both, but he didn't. Seismitoad should of gotten some physical water attacks to be at a better rate.
    Wild Vanillite appeared!
    Go! Lickitung!
    Lickitung used Lick!
    Lickitung: Yummy Ice Cream!
    Vanillite: HOW DARE U TAKE A LICK OUT OF ME!
    Vanillite used Blizzard!
    Lickitung fainted!

White FC: 2236 9830 4301

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I really think that giving Samurott Shell Smash and Close Combat would make it a powerful UU threat.

Just by looking at its stats, you can already see that it makes a great mixed sweeper with 100 Att and 108 SpAtt. It's just brought down by its horrible speed. Shell Smash would remedy that greatly. Shell Smash allows it to completely KO the unboosted metagame as well as some 100 Scarfers. A set of Waterfall/Hydro Pump/Megahorn can take out a lot of UU's prominent threats, such as Mew, Weavile, Arcanine, Shaymin, and Roserade, the fact that it can utilize both Hydro Pump and Waterfall to break a majority of UU walls.

Now the next thing is Close Combat. I mean, he's a samurai, right?
    Close Combat gives him the crucial coverage he needs to succeed. While Water/Bug is fine coverage in UU, Steel-types still plague him, due to their high defense, and dish heavy damage out on him. By having Close Combat, this becomes a non-problem. Things that would usually switch in on him, Empoleon, Cobalion, and Escavalier, all can heavily dent him with Grass Knot (80 BP), Close Combat, and Megahorn, respectively. Close Combat makes this a non-issue, as +2 CC always KOs Emp and Cobe, while Escavalier is KOed 73% of the time.
    If he got Shell Smash alone, Samurott would get a hype-induced megabump to OU or the BL between that and UU.

To the guy who was talking about how Shell Smash works: Shell Smash decreases your defenses by 2 stages, not 1.

No, it decreases your defenses by 1.

Rotom-Oven - Fire Blast
    Rotom-Frost - Ice Beam
    Rotom-Fan - Hurricane
    Rotom-Cut - Giga Drain

When I first saw the 2 moves, Sacred Sword, and Secret Sword, I thought right from the glance that Gallade would get them both, but he didn't.
    Eh, it likes drain punch better anyway.

Besides, those attacks are signature moves for legendary pokemon, so I don't think something else will get them so easily.
    Seismitoad should of gotten some physical water attacks to be at a better rate.
    It doesn't have waterfall or anything? Anyway, it what specific move would help it? I can't think of any moves that would bring it up a tier.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Seismetoad > Ice Beam. It's one of the very few fully evolved water types that somehow can't learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by 11tjcoulombe View Post
    Seismetoad > Ice Beam. It's one of the very few fully evolved water types that somehow can't learn it.
    Eh, I don't really think that Ice Beam could bring it up a tier. I don't play any other then OU, but still....
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

It's still be better than HP Ice >_< then you can run HP Electric or Grass

Until Gastrodon / Swampert / Quagsire / Whiscash die off Seismitoad will be NU. Its just not good at anything the rest of them are.

Then again Poison Touch is kind of cool. Maybe Waterfall / Earthquake / Drain Punch / .. Rock Slide.. it doesn't even get Stone Edge..

Seismitoad is the only Water/Ground type with Swift Swim, so I guess that's worth something. Even then, its offensive stats are pretty average and its movepool is disappointing.

Trick would be godly on Espeon, because then it could run a decent Specs set.

No, it decreases your defenses by 1.
    Not the last time I checked.

If Weavile gets Earthquake and Fire Punch, it would rip UU.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    If Weavile gets Earthquake and Fire Punch, it would rip UU.
    Fire Punch + Ice-type = makes no sense, also, Weavile isn't really the type to shake the ground

Bring back a physical hidden power, a lot of poke on would benefit from that.

if just about anything that has super power got close combat instead, they'd be much better sweepers

Also, Shell Smash: decreases the user's Defense and Special Defense stat by one level, but increases the user's Attack, Special Attack, and Speed by two levels each

Shell smash salamence... @_@ Don't forget it's pre evo SHELgon right?
    Also mew with sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Not the last time I checked.
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/moves/shell_smash

Imagine Shell Smash Samurott. Decent defensive stats mean it can take a hit while Smashing, then dominate the opponent with Hydro Pump/Megahorn/Ice Beam off of great mixed attacking stats.

252 Special Attack +2 Life Orb Hydro Pump vs Specially Defensive Jirachi: 81.19% - 95.79%
    52 Attack +2 Life Orb Megahorn vs 252 HP Tyranitar: 107.92% - 127.23%
    252 Special Attack +2 Life Orb Ice Beam vs 252/168 Ferrothorn: 51.42% - 60.51%

A few of the calcs against a few of OU's bulky Pokemon.

Has anyone ever thought that these ideas may happen (at least concerning retro pokemon with 5th Gen moves) in the 3rd counterpart to B/W or a remake game?

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    Imagine Shell Smash Samurott. Decent defensive stats mean it can take a hit while Smashing, then dominate the opponent with Hydro Pump/Megahorn/Ice Beam off of great mixed attacking stats.

252 Special Attack +2 Life Orb Hydro Pump vs Specially Defensive Jirachi: 81.19% - 95.79%
    52 Attack +2 Life Orb Megahorn vs 252 HP Tyranitar: 107.92% - 127.23%
    252 Special Attack +2 Life Orb Ice Beam vs 252/168 Ferrothorn: 51.42% - 60.51%

A few of the calcs against a few of OU's bulky Pokemon.
    That's epic. I hope GF releases Shell Smash as a tutor move and gives it to to ferrothorn, since he kinda has a shell.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    That's epic. I hope GF releases Shell Smash as a tutor move and gives it to to ferrothorn, since he kinda has a shell.
    ShellSmash Ferro wouldn't work for three reasons.

1. It's too slow. Unless you get 2 Shell Smashes, Ferro's speed is still to low to outspeed much.
    2. It's movepool sucks for a sweeper. Thanks to Shell Smashes speed boost you can't use Gyro Ball and apart from Bulldoze, you have horrible coverage outside your STABs.
    3. Ferro just is not made for Shell Smash. It's got Defensive stats and it's the slowest thing in OU. It has a mediocre movepool at best and the whole Pokemon just screams 'Defend with me!'.

I do support Shell Smash Samurott though. Imagine +2 LO Hydro Pumps in Rain. The only things that can wall that effectively is Water Absorb Jellicent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Just checked on my regular game. Sorry about that mix-up. I could've sworn Shell Smash cut both defenses by 2 stages. ... Oh well. Not like I'm really using it often anyway.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast