Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still like 4th Generation games?

I love the 4th gen games but i can't beat the elite 4 in platinum. I own HG and i love it !
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

Yes, I do still like them. I think they offer a lot more than BW do at the moment, although I'm sure that'll change once some more main game entries are made to Gen V. Gen IV hasn't been gone for long enough to be considered old or forgettable.

Diamond was my least favorite Pokemon game I've played. HeartGold is excellent though.
    Jake

3DS FC: 1693-1739-4807

Platinum and HeartGold are the best. <3

Platinum because it was just new and amazing with its set of Pokemon.
    HeartGold because of the memories it brought back to me. Back to where it all started. The good ole days.

Special thanks to Sweet May @ lightspeed graphics for the Trainer Card.

Yeah, I still play SS, mainly for dex data/breeding egg moves and trading to White.
    On the other hand, I still love playing the games, I recently got a second SS so I could play through one and keep all me good pokes on the other. I love playing all the games, even yellow sometimes.

I still love the 4th gen games. I'm replaying HeartGold now, and next I'll play Platinum. I do prefer the 5th gen games so far, though (except for the lack of Battle Frontier and Contests, but I live)

It might be worth mentioning that over here in Australia, the 4th gen games are still at around full price. XD
    Life isn't about finding who we are, it's about creating who we are.

My DeviantART.
    Sometimes, I even upload things! :O Amazing, I know.

I could do a copy and paste Christian thingy, but those are like everywhere. So instead, I'll talk about clouds. I like clouds. They taste like cinnamon!

I still love the 4th gen games, and I am still playing them.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

I Love Heartgold and Pearl brought me back to Pokemon after a slightly disappointing (imo) gen 3.

edit:by disappointing I'm referring to R/S/E...I really liked Leafgreen but didn't play it until after 4th gen came out.
    Last edited by Entreri10; 31st January 2012 at 4:37 AM.
    Black 2 friend code: 2065-7310-3529
    Black friend code: 0390-2794-7640
    3DS friend code: 0774-4855-2711

yes, I do. Pearl was my first ever game and is still my favorite. I'm currently trying to see all the pokemon in the game, and it's a slow process, but I will not give up.
    Uh ...

Yes. All my goodies are on my Platinum so...
    And HG is the best of the games, in my opinion

I enjoy the Heartgold storyline and Heartgold has a challenge cause of Trainer Red's strong team.

I like 4th generation still, I'll play Heartgold from time to time. I don't have D/P/Pt anymore though.

I play HeartGold a lot still, but not DP!

I like pretty much all the games. Playing through SoulSilver at the moment for the second time. Hopefully I'll beat Red this time, in my first playthrough I made a new team for Kanto, which was great fun to do but meant I didn't have the levels to compete with Red without doing a load of grinding.

I lost my PokeWalker though :-(

Platinum I'm not so keen to restart. I'm minded to get Diamond or Pearl, both for the differences and to tweak for Darkrai.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wallflower View Post
    I liked HG/SS but I can't get into D/P/P anymore
    Yeah same, i just cant bring myself to pick it up.
    i only still like SS because it has my ultimate team on it

I still like gen4 games, soulsilver is my favorite <3

~Credits to Nayla-Nouvel (DA) for zee sig~

I like fourth gen better then fifth, actually. fifth was great, but memories from HG and Platinum (from gold and diamond) are irriplacable.hours on planes to alabama training garchomps, days training for red...never gonna be replaced. White and Black are epic, I do agree, but yeah. I love gen 4. replaying hg and plat actually atm!!
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

I like the Jhoto remakes, but thats about it. D/P/Pt felt really weak to the series and I thought it wasn't as fun as it could of been. I never had to grind, never had to really think. I just went through and knew what I had to do.

At least in B/W it challenged you.

Yup, Platinum is still the main game I play. Frontier, Contests, and completing the dex. Plus my favorite team is on there.

I still play around with HGSS as well, since I haven't finished either game.

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2s15gnt.jpg[/IMG]
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Now Playing: X
    Delphox. Gardevoir. Blastoise. Pidgeot. Aurorus. Leafeon.
    Y (Planned)
    Greninja. Gardevoir. Florges. Vivillion. Meinshao. Ampharos.
    White
    Samurott. Liligant. Braviary. Chandelure. Meinshao. Galvantula.
    White 2 /// Black 2
    Samurott. Ampharos. Braviary. Meinshao. Espeon. Chandelure. /// Serperior. Starmie. Arcanine. Golurk. ? ?

I love all the 4th gen games and they were countless hours of entertainment but i still love 5th gen more.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

I still like the 4th Gen games, although I haven't been playing them as much recently. I have Platinum and HeartGold, and they both have unique features that Black and White do not have. I still like chaining for Shinies in Platinum, and HeartGold is still the most enjoyable (to me) to play through story-wise.

HeartGold and SoulSilver are actually selling for more than Black and White in the stores here, so I think it'll be a while before they enter the bargain bin. (Pearl and Diamond are another story, though; I haven't even seen them in stores for at least a year).

Of course, it's still not considered as old and besides I still love them. Some of my fave Pokes are from the 4th gen.

The two I have left anyway. (SoulSilver And MD:EoS)
    Last edited by SoulSilverMstr411; 7th February 2012 at 3:48 PM.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

In my opinion fourth gen was pretty week in terms of design, Gen 5 has reinforced that thought.

I wasn't suberbly fond of the 4th generation. I own Diamond I believe and I played it for a bit, but I prefer MetalGen + 3rd Gen .

The best part about the 4th gen was definatly the GTS. Wonderfull invention
    My Current Shiny Hunt : .
    Game : Firered
    Current RE's : 201

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast