Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still like 4th Generation games?

Quote Originally Posted by Kananar View Post
    Well, I'm just starting SoulSilver again. It's always been one of my favourites and I really enjoyed playing if before. As for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum they were fun at first but I just find it really hard to get going again.
    really? they actually have some pretty good points early on, you don't really have to wait for X number of badges before things pick up but then again its preference

Yeah, but i prefer black and white I've seen to become attached to the pokemon animations. Also for you people who think the animations are annoying GameFreak put alot of effort into making them for every single pokemon.
    Add me
    PokeMon Y
    3ds FC:4656 7424 7974

I still frequently rent Platinum from Lovefilm to replay with new teams (which I then transfer to Black), and I have a spare copy of Soulsilver which I replay with new teams when I fancy going through Johto again.

It's not just fun, it's also a bit of a necessity until 5th gen gets some good Move Tutors in.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Yes, I still love them.Heart Gold was the very first game I owned so I have special connection to it and Johto is awesome.And platinum is just plain awesome I like the mythical feel Sinnoh has, the gym leaders and everything.
    But I'm now used to play White more.

Yes still do I enjoyed Diamond, Platinum is fun and Heart Gold and Soul Silver is awesome

Signature Banner by Golem12

Pokemon Platnum is in my top 3 games. Only behind Pokemon White.
    Name: Leaf Pokemon White friend code: 0518-6577-9216
    My White Team: My White 2 Team:
    My Y Team: Delphox Furfrou Yveltal

I actually just played through all of my 4th gen games today. I still really enjoy Diamond, and Sinnoh is still my favorite region of all time (although, Johto is pretty awesome, too).

Yes, I love the 4th Generation! HGSS is my favorite game and Platinum is definitely up there! They're fun games with really great stories.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I still love 4th Gen, on account it's the Gen that has Darkrai in it. Plus, DPPt had the best story second to B&W. ^_^

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

I like the 4th Gen games. HGSS is probably my second favorite Pokémon game (first is Emerald) and than Platinum is up there too.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

Just picked up my Platinum and SoulSilver in the last week and started new games on both of them, and remembered that I really do adore Gen IV. Looking forward to playing through again with these two new teams.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Thumbs up 4th Gen is Still Fly, Breh

I loved it when they remade 2nd Gen's Gold and Silver and turned turned it into a 4th Gen game, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. An incredible game, it was. A somewhat closely related story compared to the original was something cool, and allowing us to go back into Kanto like they did, and adding extras such as Kanto and Johto set of starters. Also, it was very enjoyable having our friends follow us throughout the journey.

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

I still really love HGSS, recently restarted my SoulSilver and it's just awesome.

Gold and Silver were always my favourite games so I was really glad when they came out with the remakes
    Pokemon Wants
    UT, uncloned events - willing to trade big for these, must be uncloned
    SPR2010 Pichu in 4th Gen - can trade you most things in 5th Gen
    Shiny Celebi

Platinum Friend Code: 3525 7396 2884
    Soul Silver Friend Code: 5114 8677 5925
    White Friend Code: 1077 5817 1690

HGSS are still great for me, but I get very bored of DP. Pt is a little cooler than DP though, lol.

I still love HG/SS, although I think that's only because it's a remake of G/S/C. I would probably not be able to play through D/P/Pt again as those games generally bored me.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    4th Generation games are old now, and they're pretty soon going to be found in stores in the bargain bins for 10$, if they're not already. What I'm intending to say is that they are essentially "yesterday's news".

Personally I still find these games to be really fun, and, not to start any flame wars, better than the newer ones. Surely I'm not the only one.

So? Do you still like the 4th Gen games?
    I for one have always loved the older games, no matter how much they differ from each other.
        Spoiler:- What to Expect in Pokemon...:

~Please note that all art displayed on my account (both signature and profile) are not my work. ._. Credit is given to each respective artist. ~

Quote Originally Posted by avatarsokia View Post
    11. Yes, I am secretly a spambot operated by a person who has created many friendships an bond with others and is building a giant plot to troll every website on the Internet on December 21, 2012 and it will be so horrible that it will destroy the whole world and Nostradamus will crawl up from his grave and laugh in our faces at our ignorance. Now someone sig that.

I definitely love 4th Gen. D/P/Pt is awesome, and HG/SS is awesome as well.

At first I was worried about HG/SS, because I was like "OH GOD PLEASE DON'T RUIN G/S/C FOR ME," but IMO it's just as good as the originals (and some of the new song remixes are just...socoolman.)

I loved 4th generation games! They were and still are the most awesome video games I have played so far. I have played them many times and I am still not bored of them! I loved (almost) everything about 4th generation.

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

Platinum is tied with Red and Blue as my favorite Pokemon game. BW already bores me and the only reason I still play it is for EV training and completing my dex. I would still rather play through Platinum 10 times over than play BW once through.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I didn't play BW, and really dont plan to, everything just seems so "meh" compared to my heartgold, I love it to much! xD
    White FC code: 3697-5495-5389

I can offer just about every breedable pokemon from gen 1-4.

Legendaries I have to trade: (shiny)

Heartgold Team:

My Legendaries:

Obviously, heartgold, Soul sivler is far surperior to black and white
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

There still fun, I mean heck I'm replaying Platinum to raid more of it's legends and other goodies, before I call it quits for good and it sits in my self to gather dust. I normaly play all my poke games twice before putting them away. You can't have too many legendary copies ^^ Plus some of my legends have bad natures do to me not understanding the whole nature thing back then. But first play though is serioues, then second playthrough I throw back in my strongest pokes from the next gen and make the quickest playthrough I can and then rip all the rare items and legends for my collection.
    Proud to be Apart of the Hoenn League Land Sector

Credit goes to sworn metalhead of dćdric design

[Check the Clan out Today] - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Hoenn-Triangle

Pokemon Black II FC / RedAce 2280 4499 3152
    Pokemon Black Y FC / RedAce 2595 1158 0379

For me it goes: Gen IV > Gen III = Gen I > Gen II > Gen V

I loved the GS remakes, I started my SS over again a few months ago and already have 110 hours on it. Platinum is also really good, I think I'm going to replay that one soon, too. I loved Gen III, it only slightly trails behind Gen IV for me. Then Gen I; where it all started. Despite the games underlying flaws, it was and is an amazing game (especially for it's time). Not to mention the nostalgia factor :P Gen II used to be my favorite - until I replayed it. I still liked it, but after replaying it following SoulSilver, it just wasn't the same. Still awesome, of course. And then... then we have Gen V. I just didn't like it. I still beat it, and pumped several hours into it, but I quickly became bored of it and I honestly don't like the new visuals. That, and there were very few new Poke's that the generation presented us with that appealed to me; probably 10-15 or so.

That's my opinion, at least.

3DS FC: 0989-1762-1315
    Friend Safari: Normal (Teddiursa, Kecleon, Chansey)
    PM me if you'd like to add me.

Soul Silver Team:

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    Obviously, heartgold, Soul sivler is far surperior to black and white
    Obviously not.

Personally, fourth gen are my least favorite games. Heartgold and Soulsilver are pretty good, but I can't ever seem to play D/P/Pt. When I try to play it, I end up playing it for five minutes and then I'll quit. I also didn't like the Pokemon designs. Most of the designs I like are evolutions of older Pokemon. Personally, gen 5 is my favorite, and gen 4 would be my least favorite.
    No sig. Deal with it.

The 4th generation holds a lot of my good memories (it was my 2nd version game I owned). I enjoyed the overall story and the aspects of the region (mountains, cold climate, muddy routes, etc). I enjoyed playing through with my team of Torterra, Staraptor, Luxray, Gastrodon, HM slave Buneary, and later on, Palkia. lol

I also EV trained/retrained many pokemon (so many hours)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast