Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you still like 4th Generation games?

Platinum was definitly a step up from Diamond and Pearl. Other than that, I thought they were Okay.
    :Rank up!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I still like the 4th Gen. altough I like some other generations better.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

I'm currently replaying Platinum, gonna see how much I can catch without trading.

The only things I really hate about this gen, are Bidoof and surfing in DP, but to counter that,
    we got the most awesome Champion, and two of the coolest pokemon in the entire series!
    (Garchomp and Giratina) and oh my god, I love underground. they see me diggin', they hatin'

i love 4th gen it just feels slow paced in the battles
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/11rddsn.gif[/IMG]

Diamon, Pearl and Platinum were amazing, and it's still my favorite region. It also brought my al time favorite rock-typer: Rhyperior
    The Johto remake was fantastic, i still play it even after black and white, though it is kind of hard to adjust to the slower battles, and the not moving sprites.
    The one with the Rock/Ground types, the Black Flamberge and the tamer of Dragons, of violet and white eye and one arm of flesh. A clash of Technology, magic and the heart. Necro, of past not evn known to himself, but destiny as great as any.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

They're ok. The whole wifi implement was amazing.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too!
    Diamond FC: 5157 8289 3121
    Name: Jeff

I personally think that gen 4 was the most boring out of all the gens with the exception of HG. That game rocked! As for the rest:

Red: **** graphics but decent storyline
    Yellow: loved it!
    Gold: loved it! (particularly ho-oh and the storyline about the three dogs)
    Crystal: loved it! (as above + girl character & animations)
    Sapphire: hated it the first time (miniture characters etc and lack of backwards compatability) but loved it the second time around (cool storyline particularly the final scenes)
    Emerald: n/a haven't played it yet
    FireRed: very nice (improved graphics etc)
    Pearl: ok but after a guy at eb games made comparisons between palkia and a penis I wished that I bourght Diamond
    Platinum: ok but didn't feel like it brought anything new to the games
    HG: LOVED IT! (including the pkmnn following u thing)
    Black: meh... storyline felt contrived to me but I must admit that the new pkmn designs were interesting
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 27th May 2012 at 1:48 PM.

The DPPt games were a huge improvement is design, the physical/special split was nice and the wi-fi was also amazing. I think however that the storyline is not that good and most of the new pokemon were ugly as fnck imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    I think however that the storyline is not that good and most of the new pokemon were ugly as fnck imo.
    They weren't, you little troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    They weren't, you little troll.
    Ever heard of IMO? It means In My Opinion, because the most, so not all pokemon were ugly in my opinion
    Do you understand it now?
    And I don't see yo giving an argument why you like this generation s much...

Yes, the 4th Gen games are still fun to play some five years on. And the fact that you can get them pre-owned for Ł7 at your local game store is all the more reason to pick 'em up if you havn't played them.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

I play them more than the 5th gen games, that's for sure.

I'm also more familiar with the Pokemon, so playing it is easier, too.

I don't know, I kinda like both.

I always plan on going back to playing them, but I rarely get around to doing it. I do like them, though.

i think gen iv is good so far but i think it mainly is because there is already a main duo set, a revamp and remakes to top it off so you have a lot variety to choose from. Gen V only has BW with BW2 coming out and we won't know if remakes are in store so GenV is heavily limited compared to Gen IV imo

Yes I do still like it.

In fact I am playing through one of my Platinums atm.

I have been playing the last three games in a cycle of Black --> Platinum --> HeartGold --> Black.. etc because it was getting boring playing Black back to back with a new team right away. Plus I had many good 4th generation level 1 pokemon I wanted to use on teams so I've been able to do that with 2 Platinum teams and a HG team in the meantime of 3 Black games.

It is also cool that I can then transfer the Platinum/HG team to my main 5th generation game [White] and finish leveling them up there and give them the updated [if anything needed to be updated] move sets. It's also nice to see them in the new settings facing new challengers.

I rambled on too much but yeah basically I like the 4th generation games still and with my cycle I don't think I will get bored of a single Pokemon game for a while.

Thanks a lot shaymini!

I plan on buying Platinum...I liked it more than BW, that's for sure...

Platinum was totally worth it, better than DP anyway. They got that annoying Surf speed fixed. I thought it was a good game overall, though. The same goes for Soul Silver. It was a pretty good remake, better than FRLG were. Although I do like FRLG because they added the Sevi Islands, you can't go wrong with Johto.

The Fourth gen will always be my favourite, no matter what people say... My first Pokemon game was either EOT or Diamond, but either way, I grew up with 493 existing Pokemon...
    転んでもいいき 君は君がすてきさ
    "It's okay if you fall. You are you and that makes you wonderful!"

I am currently going through a mono-poison run in Pearl, so yes, I still do (:

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

I still do like and play the 4th gen games, I'm currently working on completing my Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time.
    The 4th gen games are a bit more challenging then the 5th gen games IMO.

Yes, I still do like them. I remember when I first saw the commercial for D/P, I was pretty hooked and excited to get my hands on it. Once I did, I played it for a whole week straight. Nothing else. Soon, Plt came and I also loved that one. It had awesome features but I guess 5th gen stepped up their game. Anyhow, like you said, its still fun to play.
    I am Cosmos Sigs are too mainstream.

The elite four is the game in a nut shell, it sounds like a great idea, poorly executed. All you need is a high leveled gyarados and it's easy day.
    I had to reset my 3DS,

Friend Code is 4742-6299-3861

Friend Safari- Pyroar, Growlithe, Fletchingder

Looking for scyther, Frogadier, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ditto, Eevee

I still like them, I play Platinum and SoulSilver alot

Since it was the first pokemon game to come onto the Two-Screen Platform. It was decent. But since then, Black and White came out and it's graphics were much, much better. I played platinum a couple of days ago, and it was awkward. I prefer the graphics of the original games over D/P/PT. Sorry for offending anyone, its my opinion. The games were good while they weren't outshone. But sadly BW came out. Let's see if BW2 can fully make D/P/PT kick the can.

Considering this is my first time playing a pokemon game past 2nd gen, I'd have to say it is pretty cool. I'm not used to this whole thing yet xD

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast