Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Explorers of the Hero's Ruin! (725)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Ah my bad I thought you meet him in the 7th gym city and he has something to do with Dragon spiral Tower.
    You're right but you meet him at Mistralton City along with Skyla first.

Quote Originally Posted by yeminied View Post
    You're right but you meet him at Mistralton City along with Skyla first.
    ooh my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Honah View Post
    The Hero in the Zekrom legend has crazy black hair. Want to bet that will start some new speculation about Satoshi's ancestry?
    God no. I hate this idea so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    So for an episode that was supposed to be devoted to Zekrom and stuff, it was pretty much a filler. No plot development whatsoever...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Sounds like nothing much of substance happened. If they're reducing the legend to the background, I don't think we're going to see it adapted.

That said, this does sound like a very good episode nevertheless, definitely better than the last two. I'll have to seek it out right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Idk, with the mythology they appeared to go into, they didn't really do much. I mean what's the point of introducing the damn Dark stone an essential part of the games, just to be apart of a filler?
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    I noticed that too. Damn it, the Japanese just keep on having to remind us......
    I'm really starting to think that the writers are trying to troll us about Team Plasma and the Unova legends, it's like they are deliberately ignoring the plot of the games completely just to troll us....

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

I mostly liked this episode for the attacks it showcased...

Cofagrigus: it had telekinesis and will-o-wisp, both pretty cool and now we now how to tell telekinesis and psychic apart

Sigilyph: it had psybeam, meh but it also used MIRROR MOVE!!! when it used that electric attack, I thought it was charge beam at first but it was actually mirroring pikachu's thunderbolt...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

I looked forward to this episode a little more than I should have, it barely focused on Zekrom at all which is a shame.

It was a fun episode, but I was expecting it was gonna have some form of storyline to it. It was pretty much a filler even though it had one of the most valuable objects of the games in it.

The flashbacks when the gang thought they were gonna die was pretty cool to see, it'd have been nice to see ALL of Ash's life flash before him, but eh obviously BW is aimed towards the newer audience.

It was a fun episode and had nice Zekrom references etc, it could have been a lot better though.

70/100.

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Desukan and Shinbora for the first time. The Dark stone and what it displayed on the wall was very interesting. Dent was so funny in this episode when he kept setting off all of the traps, like the statue, the coffins, with one of them actually with a Desukan inside, the broken bridge, the fire, and the closing-in walls. The flashbacks, and the Ash+Pikachu dead vision was great to see. The gang looked hilarious with their frightened reactions. Cedric was definitely an odd character in this episode... Waruvile showed up in the end, and again there was a cliffhanger.

40/100

Decent episode. The writers are really improving their pacing and timing with the episodes now they don't resort to TR's or Brock's gags. I'm also noticing some attempting at making humour by using all the characters, which is always a nice thing.

Another good point is seeing that these week, we get to see Cilan and Iris using their pokemon to solve things instead seeing Ash throwing all he has. I like seeing the other gang members' pokemon doing something in standard episodes.

The whole flow of the story is also pretty decent. Unlike some of the previous episodes, the resolutions and how the story "walks" didn't feel all that rushed. And I like how they are trying to "bridge" episodes by putting something near the ending. It's a nice change of the old (and boring IMHO) scene with the departures during the sunset.

As for bad points, I'd say Sigilyph's and Cofagrigus' attacks at the gang felt a bit... random. But maybe it was stated in the episode and I didn't catch it. Also, I missed some proper farewell to Juniper (daughter). I mean, she just bids goodbye in Chargestone cave and that's it? Not saying it should have had a party or a heartwarming goodbye but still....

Good episode anyway.

Is it wrong that the best part of this episode was Krokorok popping up at the end??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Iris getting trapped was absolutely hilarious!! I would have prefered her getting out on her own by maybe having Axew use Scratch to cut the stuff off or maybe Dragon Rage? Anywho, Sigilyph was great!! I hope we see more Sigilyph throughout BW. But just because I said that, we probably won't. -_- And, lastly, I love Krokorok scaring the crap out of them at the end. I can't wait to see next week's episode with Krokorok.

80/100

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

This episode was basically what I expected (a showcase for Sigilyph and Cofagrigus), but I enjoyed it just for that. Two of my favourite Pokemon in a comedic exploration episode. It's a bit upsetting that this had nothing to do with the overall legendary plot though.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

This episode makes for the debut of my favorite Pokémon who WREAKS HAVOC ON FIGHTING POKÉMON USING STAB MOVES!

Credit to Shadow♠ for the pins
    Planned New Black Team: ,, or ,,,

Put this in your signature...
    ...if you want Hoenn Remakes...
    ...This was started by KirbyRider...

Finished watching the video version.

Cedric is horrible to go on adventures with haha. Love how he doesn't finish his sentences right away sometimes. Also love how he took the Dark Stone even though he said they shouldn't.

It was a pretty enjoyable episode for me, funny and adventurous. Krokorok appearing at the end is great too.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Cedric really was a pain to everyone, playing tricks on them by taking awhile to finish his sentences. The timing was priceless!
    Last edited by G50; 11th February 2012 at 2:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Cedric really was a pain to everyone, playing tricks on them by taking awhile to finish his sentences. Anyone else see the mistake in the episode? The screen said Deathkarn is only weak against Ghost and Dark, but fails to mention Psychic.
    Why...would it be weak to Psychic?

Cedric Juniper = win on SO many levels. I really really want him to come back.

"Turning Venipede to the left. ...should never be done."

I laughed out loud a few times. Good form, writers.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    Why...would it be weak to Psychic?

Cedric Juniper = win on SO many levels. I really really want him to come back.

"Turning Venipede to the left. ...should never be done."

I laughed out loud a few times. Good form, writers.
    I hope he comes back as well, and I expect he will, I mean Fennel came back, I wouldn't put it past the writers to have Ash and the gang go through some other ruins or whatever.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

One espisode leading to the other,my my what happened to the writers? They have suddenly gotten better put of the blue.

Cedric Juniper was so hilarious. He is a troll.
    I like that Iris is so skeptic of these bizarre characters. First it was her annoyance with Charles and now Cedric. She behaves like I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Cedric Juniper was so hilarious. He is a troll.
    I like that Iris is so skeptic of these bizarre characters. First it was her annoyance with Charles and now Cedric. She behaves like I would.
    I agree, I've often said that Iris is the voice of reason on this show. I mean just look at how many crazy people show up. It's ironic given how bizarre Iris herself looks and is.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    I agree, I've often said that Iris is the voice of reason on this show. I mean just look at how many crazy people show up. It's ironic given how bizarre Iris herself looks and is.
    That's so true. Although being childish herself, her voice of reason is one of the things I enjoy about her. Whenever Cilan gets too fabulous and she gets snarky or annoyed, it's like she's expressing my own emotions on that matter. ^^

I must be losing it or did I actually hear the voice actor of Cedric Juniper turn out to be the same actor that voiced Prof Oak in the past before the Battle Frontier and DP series? If it is him, then why in God's name didn't he voiced Oak this time around? Instad of that guy that does this Oak and James? Makes no sense.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

OMG!!! pROF.oAK!!!! I was drinking coffee and when he talked i spit it out. OMG!!!!!
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/122mflw.jpg[/IMG]
    Smile Forever

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    God no. I hate this idea so much.
    Well it's better than thinking Giovanni is all the time.

OMG!!! pROF.oAK!!!! I was drinking coffee and when he talked i spit it out. OMG!!!!!
    I'm surprised people even care about Oak at this point.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

just finish watching the episode .. it was good love the near daeth experiance and cofregriegus and silgyphs however u spell it were awesome hahaha i love cedrics personalty hes funny

Cedric was pretty awesome, but there's one big question that I was left with at the end of this episode. How has Ash not been murdered by wild Pokemon while looking them up in the Pokedex? Sigilyph and Cofagrigus weren't even the first! There's been a ton of Pokemon that could've just killed Ash while he stood there with the Pokedex, but nope, they always just stand/float there and watch him until Dexter is done talking. Kinda weird when you think about it.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast