Corsola@Leftovers
    Bold nature
    Natural Cure
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Power Gem
    ~Earth Power
    ~Recover

Corsola's stats are far from phenomenal, but its defenses are decent enough. This set capitalizes on that bulk. The EVs and nature maximize physical bulk, allowing Calm Mind to handle the Special side of things. Power Gem and Earth Power make for a special representation of the EdgeQuake combo, resisted by few. Recover is for HP restoration.

Item allows for more HP recovery. Nature is this Corsola's only way of healing off status.

Hustler Of The Sea
    Corsola@Leftovers/Wide Lens
    Adamant nature
    Hustle
    252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Rock Polish
    ~Stone Edge/Rock Blast
    ~Earthquake
    ~Body Slam/Frustration

With Hustle, an Adamant nature, and full Attack EVs, Corsola reaches a respectable 343.5. Pretty decent, I'd say. Stone Edge is your STAB move, though Rock Blast is good for breaking substitutes. Earthquake forms the EdgeQuake combo. Final move is filler, for additional coverage. Body Slam can help out Rock Polish's cause, but Frustration is more powerful.

Item is up to you. Corsola will sustain damage while setting up, and you might want to heal it off. On the other hand, that accuracy drop from Hustle is not very sexy. Ability is obvious.

Other options:
    *Head Smash may seem like a tempting option on the Hustle set, but you may find the massive recoil to be off-putting.
    *A Curse set is viable as a counterpart to the Calm Mind set, but just bear Corsola's lower Attack stat in mind when attempting this.
    *Corsola's special movepool includes Psychic and Shadow Ball, if you can find the room to squeeze them in.
    *Corsola can pull off a total defensive set, with moves like Toxic, Aqua Ring, Ingrain, and Confuse Ray, but such sets aren't hard to wall.

Abilities:
    *Hustle: Increases Corsola's Attack by x1.5, but lowers the accuracy of its physical moves by 20%. Makes Corsola semi-viable as a physical attacker. With much emphasis on "semi".
    *Natural Cure: When Corsola switches out, it is automatically healed of all status afflictions. Extremely useful, as it negates the need for Rest on any defensive set it decides to run. Not very conducive to setting up, though, as switching out would be counterproductive.
    *Regenerator: Corsola's Hidden Ability. When Corsola switches out, it recovers by 1/3 of its maximum HP. Outclassed by Recover.

Partners:
    As a Rock-type, Corsola greatly appreciates Sandstorm support and the Special Defense boost that comes with it. A ready switch-in carrying Sap Sipper is recommended, as Corsola will attract more Grass moves than a donut shop attracts cops.

Counters:
    Grass moves in general will do Corsola in. A massive weakness to Grass isn't exactly a desirable feature of a defensive Pokémon, especially if it has other weaknesses on top of it. At least the likes of Quagsire and Gastrodon are immune to Electric, rather than weak to it.

Opinion:
    Corsola is pretty decent. It's one of those cool Pokémon that they just jammed into Generation II and almost nobody remembered.

Prediction for next week:
    Arbok
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 29th January 2012 at 3:18 PM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

First to post a set...

Stealth Rock Staller
    Corsola @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)/Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Surf/Scald
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Recover/Aqua Ring
    Okay, a Rock-type with 85 defenses each, and those are its highest stats. Not the best. Basically, you can use Corsola to set up Stealth Rock and then stall for a little bit. Surf or Scald is for STAB and in case you get Taunted. Stealth Rock is for…setting up Stealth Rocks. Toxic is for poison damage, since that will probably do more damage then your STAB move. Recover or Aqua Ring for recovery, along with Leftovers. At least Corsola got Regenerator from the Dream World, which heals it if it switches out, in case someone Rapid Spins your Stealth Rocks, you can switch in again. Keep in mind Stealth Rock is a Dream World only move this generation.
    Last edited by grantholomew; 29th January 2012 at 3:11 PM.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Lead Coral:

- Stealth Rock
    - Mirror Coat/Toxic
    - Recover
    - Surf/HP Fire
    Item Attached: Focus Sash
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

This is a Flail-Focus Sash combo-like set... But with Focus Sash and Mirror Coat (works only on Special Moves). Stealth Rock you can enjoy the free set up thanks to Focus Sash (use this if your opponent is mainly Physical). Corsola has 85 to both Def and Sp. Def and if you had a Sandstorm boost it becomes extremely bulky so Recover to help you stay in game for a bit longer and if you run the Toxic set you can keep on spamming Recovers until your foe dies. Surf is the most powerful Special move with STAB that you have access and has a nice coverage. I also had the HP Fire, mostly because of Steel Types that resist Toxic and Corsola's STAB moves and is a good counter to 'Ferro' and 'Forre'. (lol)
    Natural Cure is the most reliable ability Corsola has access to.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Demon Fox Trainer
    ~ignis~
    I claim DW "Under-The-Sun" Ninetails

Corsola isn't blessed with fantastic stats, but water typing and some bulk gives it some uses.

Defense!
    Corsola @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Natural Cure / Regenerator
    Nature: Calm (+ SpD, - Atk) / Bold (+ Def / - Atk)
    Evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    ~ Scald / Toxic
    ~ Barrier
    ~ Amnesia
    ~ Recover / Rest

It really seems gimmicky at first, but with hazard support, this will annoy any team. Scald gives you some STAB, and can cripple physical sweepers if it lands a burn. Toxic helps with walls trying to stall you out. The next three moves are what really can stall out an opponent. Amnesia and Barrier gives Corsola very good defenses after setting each one up. Recover means you can shrug off hits, but when using Regenerator, Rest gets rid of any status, making you a little bit like Shuckle. Leftovers provide additional recovery, but Rocky Helmet can damage physical attackers, who may also suffer a burn via Scald. You really need entry hazard support, as this will cause quite a few switches.

Yeah, Corsola is outclassed by pretty much every Rock-type. Even with several ways to heal itself, it won't last very long.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Use it in a sandstorm.

Corsola @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 HP / 252 Special Defense / 4 Defense
    Regenerator

Scald
    Toxic
    Recover
    Refresh

Survives even HP Grasses and Thunderbolts with Sandstorm up. Lives forever with its recovery + Regenerator. Still sucks though.

I love Corsola, but I can't deny that its a Pokemon that struggles a lot. Its offensive stats and its Speed are horrid. It's defenses are okay but low HP holds it back. Not only that, the Water/Rock duel type suffers several common weaknesses, including Electric, Ground, and Fighting, not to mention a horrible 4x Grass weakness. But if you can work out the quirks and disadvantages, Corsola is a decent Pokemon to use in lower tiers.

Recommended tiers: NU-RU

Hustle is not an ability I'm fond of. It multiplies Corsola's Attack by 1.5, but also multiplies the accuracy of all its physical attacks by 0.8. Therefore, all physical attacks are strengthened but become less reliable (unless they never miss). If you intend to use a physically offensive Corsola, this is the ability to use, as it makes Corsola at least somewhat competent at attacking.
    Natural Cure is one of the best abilities in the game. Any status conditions Corsola accumulates are automatically healed upon switching out.
    Regenerator, Corsola's Hidden Ability, is another fantastic ability. Up to one-third of Corsola's max HP is healed when it switches out of battle. This greatly increases Corsola's survivability.

Corsola has quite a few support moves to choose from. It can set up Duel Screens and Stealth Rocks. It can also use Magic Coat and Role Play. Endeavor works well with its low HP, although Corsola is too slow to make good use of it outside of Trick Room. Recover is important, especially if your Corsola lacks Regenerator. Lucky Chant is situational, but provides crit insurance. Amnesia, Barrier, Calm Mind, and Curse are all boosting moves that have use, although crits could prove troublesome. Aqua Ring and Ingrain provide additional minor healing, although Ingrain prevents any switching on your part until Corsola is KO'd. Mirror Coat has use if you have a lot of Sp. Defense investment, although Corsola's low HP hinders it somewhat in that department.

If you run the offensive route with Corsola, it has a number of attacks that benefit from Hustle, with Earthquake, Stone Edge, Sucker Punch, and Head Smash being the biggest ones. Sucker Punch is especially nice because it has priority. You can also use Rock Polish to help Corsola's Speed. If you run a special Calm Mind set, Corsola has a standard Water movepool with some twists, such as Psychic and Shadow Ball. Power Gem is nice Rock STAB, and Earth Power is a good special Ground STAB. Remember though, Corsola's raw stats leave it inferior to a lot of other Pokemon despite its fairly diverse movepool.

Countering Corsola: You can do massive amounts of damage to Corsola with Grass attacks if not outright KO it. Its rather large collection of weaknesses is pretty easy to exploit. Corsola can be sent running easily from them. If its defensive or supportive, you can expect Toxic, so a Steel type will stop it cold.

Offensive Corsola are easily outrun if Trick Room is not a factor. Even if Rock Polish is a factor, there are still plenty of faster Pokemon. Even then, Corsola's offensive power isn't as high as some other Pokemon out there.

Default Corsola

Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Bold (High Def, Low Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 106 Def / 146 SDef
    Moveset:
    - Toxic
    - Aqua Ring
    - Ingrain
    - Protect

This set is great. Just set up the healing moves, and toxic. Then watch the fireworks. Regenerator is outclassed by all your healing moves. So Natural Cure is best here. Its the status problems you want to avoid. Like sleep.

TOXIC: Gets opponent's health down while you heal.

AQUA RING: You gain health each turn, useful with protect.

INGRAIN: If you are positive that you will defeat the opponent then ingrain works well. Especially with protect. People will want to switch you out due to how much you heal each turn. But this roots you to the ground.

PROTECT: Makes all the other moves awesome. You get a free turn of healing with ingrain, aqua ring and leftovers, plus the opponent is damaged some more.
    I like a good fight, and I NEVER turn off the power when I'm about to lose a battle. Because of others doing this, and me not turning off, my record does not look how it should. It's shame that the pokemon world allows these cowards to escape a loss.

If more people don't do this, then pokemon battling will become more fair and fun.

If anyone wants to battle, I'm up for it. My Immence Salamences need their training.

Well under sandstorm with Natural Cure + Recover, the little pink rock can stall ...

I suggest a annoying build in SANDSTORM:

Corsola @ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm (+ SpD, - Atk)
    Evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    ~ Scald
    ~ Barrier
    ~ Stealth Rock or Toxic
    ~ Recover

Overview:

Corsola is a Pokemon that is built for defense, yet has some issues in executing what it is built for. Stat-wise, Corsola falls short. Offensively, it has 55/65/35 as base stats, meaning that it is slow and can't do a whole lot of damage on its own. It is better defensively, but base 55 HP really hurts it, and its defenses are only base 85 each, making them about average. Also, Corsola's typing is slightly hurtful, giving it 4 somewhat common weaknesses, one of which is a double weakness to Grass. Corsola's movepool, while passable, isn't the greatest either. However, it has a few support options that it can run. Overall, Corsola is a Pokemon that is outclassed by Pokemon that fill a similar role, but it has some use and is not necessarily a waste of a slot on a low-tier team.

Abilities:

Hustle: Corsola's Attack stat gets a 1.5 multiplier, but all its physical moves run at 80% of their initial accuracy. This can be a good risk that can give Corsola a good power boost.

Natural Cure: Heals major status conditions when Corsola is switched out. This can be good for absorbing status moves, but this can sometimes be not as useful if Corsola runs Refresh. Still, the ability is good.

Regenerator: Corsola recovers 33.3% of its max HP when it switches. This is a really good ability that Corsola does not utilize as effectively as someone who can scout (Mienshao). It is still a great ability and can let Corsola have a benefit for switching.

Movesets

Super Coral
    - Screech
    - Explosion
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake/ Sucker Punch
    Item: Wide Lens/ Life Orb/ Muscle Band
    Ability: Hustle
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Attack/ 4 Speed

This set attempts to allow Corsola to dish out some serious damage. Screech cuts the opponent's Defense stat in half, helping Corsola to deal more damage. The drawback is that the accuracy means that Screech is slightly unreliable, but the rsik can be very well worth it. Although it got nerfed this generation, Explosion is still the most powerful move in the game, especially with Hustle. Although Corsola faints, it will severely hurt or KO an opponent, especially if they have the Defense drop from Screech. Rock Slide is STAB and pretty powerful. Although Stone Edge could be run to deal more damage, Stone Edge's naturally lower accuracy with the accuracy drop from Hustle makes it a very risky to run. The last move is somewhat filler. Earthquake is a great move that adds some coverage, while Sucker Punch can bypass Corsola's abysmal Speed stat if the opponent is trying to attack Corsola directly.

The item choice is dependent on what you want supported. Wide Lens is one of the better choices, since every single one of Corsola's moves needs an accuracy boost. Life Orb makes Corsola's moves even more powerful at the cost of its HP, while Muscle Band gives a smaller boost without the loss of HP.

Fortress Made of Coral:
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Amnesia/ Protect
    - Head Smash
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/ 248 Defense/ 8 Sp. Defense

This set tries to take advantage of Corsola's defensive nature. Recover is an amazing recovery move as it has no negative side effects. Sweet. Toxic breaks things by stalling. Amnesia gives Corsola a boost to its SP. Defense, making it more of a wall. Protect, however, helps stall for Toxic damage and Leftovers recovery. Head Smash may seem strange, but the recovery that Corsola has means that it can take the recoil damage and attempt to heal it off.

Other Options:
    -Corsola has some support moves it can use. Stealth Rock and Curse are some straight forward moves, while Mirror Coat and Confuse Ray are some moves that are slightly less straight forward, especially how Mirror Coat is situational and somewhat gimmicky.

Counters:
    Corsola does not have a lot of power behind it outside of Hustle, and its defenses are not super high. A powerful STAB super-effective hit can deal some serious damage. As far as the first set, a Pokemon that is resistant or immune to Explosion is good. A Ghost-Pokemon with Levitate can wall that set outside of Rock Slide. Honestly, Corsola is not that big of a threat unless you let it set itself up, because it can do some crazy things it you do.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

Okay, so Corsola isn't great at offense and while its Defenses are better, just base 85s is going to leave it outmatched by other defensive types like Ferrothorn. However, Corsola has a few good moves that make it more versatile.

Abilites:
    Hustle: Corsola only has a base 55 Attack stat. While it does find some use with Corsola, you may want to use its higher Special Attack stat.
    Natural Cure: Pretty good for a Pokemon like Corsola. You won't have to worry about any status problems messing it up.
    Regenerator: Combined with Corsola's Defenses, Regenerator makes Corsola last a good amount of time.

Regenerating Screens

- Recover
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Toxic/Bide/Ancientpower
    Ability: Natural Cure/Regenerator
    EVs and Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk) or Calm (+SpAtk, -Atk); 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpDef

Stalls with Recover, supports your team with dual screens. Yeah, that's the gist of it. The last move is a bit important, though. Toxic for a Toxic-Staller set, or Bide/Ancientpower to stop Taunt from ruining you. If you want to stop Taunt with some other offensive move though, that's fine. Just don't expect it to do much.

Exploding Hustler

- Head Smash/Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Curse
    - Explosion
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    EVs and Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk) or Brave (+Atk, -Spd); 252 Atk/128 Def/128 SpDef

Hustle is what makes this set possible. Head Smash has huge base power, which Corsola really needs, but Stone Edge has a high critical rate, as well as no heavy recoil. Earthquake is always handy on a physical attacker. Curse boosts your Attack and Defense; you won't mind the Speed drop. Explosion is your last resort, and even with Corsola's poor Attack stat, it will do some good damage. It's your pick between Leftovers and Life Orb. Either item will do pretty well. And if you're wondering about the Brave nature, you can use it to make Corsola a Trick Room sweeper.

This Corsola is Special!...Just Not that Special Until It Gets a Good Boost...

- Surf/Scald
    - Ancientpower/Ice Beam
    - Earth Power/Ice Beam
    - Recover/Confuse Ray/Calm Mind
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Natural Cure/Regenerator
    EVs and Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk) or Quiet (+SpAtk, -Spd); 252 Atk/128 Def/128 SpDef

Even though it's higher than that base 55 Attack stat, 65 base Special Attack doesn't do much for Corsola. Surf for high base power or Scald for burn chance. Ancientpower is another move that gives you STAB but it's mostly for praying for that all-stat boost. Earth Power takes care of Electric types. If you want though, you can replace etiher Ancientpower or Earth Power to use Ice Beam to take on Grass types. You can use either Recover for lasting longer, Confuse Ray to mess with your opponent, or Calm Mind to give your Special Attack stat a very needed boost. Again, it's either Leftovers or Life Orb, but if you go with Recover, you won't need Leftovers as much. Like in the first set, you can use the Speed lowering nature (this time it's Quiet) to make a Trick Room sweeper.

Supreme Defense...Or Is It?

- Barrier
    - Amnesia
    - Recover
    - Head Smash
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Hustle/Natural Cure/Regenerator
    EVs and Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk) or Brave (+Atk, -Spd); 252 Atk/128 Def/128 SpDef

First, you use Barrier and Amnesia, sometimes using Recover when necessary. You'll be boosting your Defenses, and your opponent will get comfortable, thinking this set is just some stat boosting tank. Your opponent might even use Taunt, thinking you're going to switch out after. That's when you destroy them with Head Smash. Even with the recoil, with your defenses being at least +4, you can just Recover it off, and use Head Smash again. Life Orb is there to make sure Head Smash has enough power. If you're wondering about why I didn't limit this set to Hustle, it's because Hustle lowers accuracy. Head Smash already has an imperfect 80 accuracy, and since it's your only attacking move, you don't want it to miss. Still, it's your choice.

Other Options

Surprisingly, you'll find some moves from previous generation tutors make viable options.

Protect is another way to stall for Toxic.
    Sandstorm will do some damage each turn that you can stall for, as well as boost your Special Defense.
    Ingrain and/or Aqua Ring can be a substitute for Leftovers.
    Screech can be used with Head Smash for devastating results.
    Magic Coat lets you reflect status ailments, but you'll have to get it from a tutor in HG/SS.
    Stealth Rock comes from the 4th gen TM, but you could get the move on a Corsola from the Dream World. It's never a bad choice to have on a tank like Corsola.
    ResTalk is possible, but Sleep Talk will have to come from a TM in the 4th gen.
    Rollout is a possible choice for a more accurate physical Rock type move, but it only comes from a 4th gen tutor.
    Sucker Punch is a nice priority move I can't believe Corsola can use, although it must also come from a 4th gen tutor.
    Body Slam may give you some parahax, but it comes all the way from a 3rd gen tutor.
    Mimic lets you copy the last move your opponent used, and again, it comes from a 3rd gen tutor.

Double and Triple Battle Options

To put it simply, Corsola is a tank that can use dual screens, Surf, and Earthquake. That would be amazing if Corsola had higher base Attacks, but it's still pretty good.

Partners

If you're running dual screens, you can use a fragile sweeper like Archeops and easily destroy opponents. You could also give Corsola a Water Absorb partner for Surf or a Flying/Levitating one for Earthquake.

Countering Corsola

You could simply phaze it out if you're having trouble because of Barrier or Amnesia, or even just to stall out for the end of the dual screens. A grass type will OHKO an unboosted, nonscreened Corsola. It's pretty easy to do, since Corsola has a 35 base Speed stat. Electric types work well too, just try to knock it out before it uses Earthquake. For a defensive Corsola, Brick Break (for dual screens) or Unaware (for stat boosters) will take it down quickly.

corsola is an unused water type pokemon. Its attack isn't too great, nor its speed, but its defence can be rather helpful. probably not my first choice in a warte type, but can still be used rather well.

Abilities:
    Hustle: pretty much just raises attack by X1.5. in my opinion, not the best ability to choose from.
    Natural Cure: When corsola is switched out it recovers from any status affect e.g poison, burn.
    Regenerator: When corsola is switched out it regains HP equal to 1/3 of its base HP.

Regenerator:

-Recover-
    -Reflect-
    -Toxic/Light screen/ancient power-
    -reflect-
    Item: leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure/Regenerate
    Nature: Bold (+def, -atk)
    EV's: 252 def, 252 Sp def, 4 hp

Recover is used to stall with high defence. Reflect/Light screen support other party members. Toxic is used for a staller set. As long as the screens are running you should be fine to recover frequently. Ancient power if you want a bit of offence in the mix.

Master Exploder:

-Explosion-
    -Earthquake/Earth power-
    -Trick room-
    -head smash/stone edge/curse-
    Item:Life orb
    Nature: Brave (+atk, -spd)
    EV's: 252 atk, 128 def, 128 Sp def

Using your EV def bonuses you can hold on tight. Curse is to boost your atk, def and lose some speed. Trick room is used well with this, as you GAIN from losing speed. Earthquake/Earth power takes care of any electric foes. Head smash/stone edge if you want more variety of attacks. Explosion is the git of this set. running trickroom-curse you should be moving first. When your HP gets low KABOOM!!!!!

Immense Defence:
    -Barrier/reflect-
    -recover/aqua ring-
    -head smash-
    -Hidden power Fire-
    ability: any
    Nature: Adamant (+atk, -Spatk)
    EV's (252 hp, 128 def, 128 Spdef)

Barrier/Reflect put up a defensive wall. Recover for, well, whenever you need it. Aqua ring is another choice, as it recovers frequently. Hidden power fire destroys and grass types trying to murder you. Head smash as another option for attacking.

Partners:
    A pokemon with water absorb (if running surf) or a pokemon with levitate (if running earthquake). also, maybe a pokemon with sand stream could come in handy, or drizzle. Archeops makes a perfect partner for corsola (unless running explosion) because of the walls and its flying type.

Counters:
    any bulky grass types are a good choice. just watch out for HP fire. Brick Break is any walls worst nightmare. brickbreak smashes reflect, barrier, light screen so be careful.

thumbs up if you got the tenacious D reference
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2vvrzaw.jpg[/IMG]

~~need a jirachi, celebi, mew, phione.~~
    wanting a dream world ninetails or poiltoad. plz help
    pokedex is at 607 entries. please help me!

Needs an evolution... good movepool, good abilities, MEH typing, AWFUL stats

let's use hustle and choice band it got 515 attack stat (like delibird but BETTER) why hustle doesn't get distributed right? we got durant but still...

Corsola @choice band
    Adamant
    252 HP, 252 attack, 4 defense (or 4 speed to outspeed other corsolas)
    Hustle
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Sucker Punch
    -Explotion

Moster Corsola!
    earthquake is strong and always good on most physical attackers.
    Rock slide is STAB it got Stone edge but hustle + 80 accuracy ... isn't good..
    Sucker punch is priority which.. it needs 35 speed.. isn't that good
    Explotion is to get out of there and KO something hopefully.

CM corsola @leftovers
    Bold
    Regenerator/Natural Cure
    252 HP/252 defense/4 sp.defense
    -Recover
    -Calm mind
    -Power Gem
    -Scald/Surf/Earth power

Recover is always good on any defensive pokemon realibly recovery YES PLZ, CM is the name of the set raises the awesome 65 base sp.attack stat and the average 85 sp.defense stat to usable levels.
    Power Gem is STAB it is rock type and it have great coverage.
    Scald burns which is nice as you try to be bulky.
    Surf is for the MUCH needed power it is a strong STAB, earth power is for a Quakedge coverage.
    Last edited by Ilan; 29th January 2012 at 8:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Can't we get something GOOD with Hustle? Anyways, it has one of the largest movepools of all Rock-types bar Rock Arceus. CM, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Surf, Scald, Head Smash, Earthquake, Explosion, Recover, Curse, Earth Power, Stealth Rock, I could go on for quite a while.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Can't we get something GOOD with Hustle? Anyways, it has one of the largest movepools of all Rock-types bar Rock Arceus. CM, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Surf, Scald, Head Smash, Earthquake, Explosion, Recover, Curse, Earth Power, Stealth Rock, I could go on for quite a while.
    Durant is pretty good it's only problem is his movepool (and it's sp.defense but .. it's still good)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Corsola...random...lol

Well, Explosion nerf... Considering Corsola's horrible Attack stat and natural resistance to Normal, I'd say that's BAD!

Otherwise, Corsola is well-off. Improvements are:
    Icicle Spear
    Magic Coat
    Scald
    Regenerator

There's really a lot of sets Corsola can run, offensively or defensively. It's just not excellent at them, which makes a justifible use of Corly hard.

Physical Attacker @ Choice Band
    252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed, Adamant
    Hustle
    Rock Blast/Head Smash
    Earthquake
    Sucker Punch
    Icicle Spear/Explosion/Recover

don't really feel like putting an explanation
    STAB Hustle Head Smash is a monster, Sucker Punch is nice, shame no Waterfall, etc.

Calm Mind, of course, is a good option. It has the likes of Power Gem, Scald, Recover, Earth Power...really, a whole slew of options. Either Regenerator or Natural Cure are great options depending on your team. Remember RestCure is always an option.

Speaking of defensive options, you can go Amnesia + Curse defensive core, but it gets broken rather easily. Corsola has triple screens (Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard). Corsola is very funny to be a Water-Type with Sunny Day. Being a Rock-Type, Stelth Rock is there. It really just has a lot of options...just we find we really don't require them.

Well... Corsola is weak... Stat wise. But it has two great abilities that makes it a decent wall. Walling is what this pokemon was created to do... There is really no reason what so ever to run it focusing on it's attack cz it doesn't have anything to help it. Sure it can use calm mind sets with special attacks or hustle, curse with physical attacks but why do that while there is a lot of other pokemon that can do it 1000 times better?

Corsola's regenerator and natural cure ability tells everything about how this pokemon should be used and thats being defensive. While the first one lets it recover some HP to stall some more, the other prevents poison and burn taking it out passively simply by switching out.

My sets for corsola:
    Corsola@leftovers/Light clay
    Ability: Natural cure / Regenerator
    Nature: Adamant (Head smash) / any other nature that boosts DEF or Sp DEF (toxic)
    Evs: 252 DEF/ 252 Sp DEF/ 4 HP
    Moveset:
    -Recover / Refresh
    -Light screen
    -Reflect
    -Toxic / Head smash
    Max your defenses, double them up with reflect and light screen plus a defensive nature and maybe sandstorm and no one would be able to get to you... You'll just take anything except maybe for strong grass attacks coming from strong grass type pokemon. Recover lets you heal an damage while toxic can deal a lot of damage to others. The problem here is that toxic will be absorbed by poison types and steel types and you can be taunt bait. Head smash covers the problem by letting you attack pretty decently and doing damage to the opponent. The recoil wont be that much because the opponent wont be taking too much damage and you can heal it easily with recover. I prefer toxic here because even if you got taunted or facing a poison or steel type pokemon, I can just switch corsola out and let another pokemon deal with them taking advantage from the screens. Also beware from brick breakers because they will ruin you! Leftovers heals you some more but preferably, light clay will extend the duration of the screens and since you have recover you can ditch leftovers.
    If you want to go with regenerator as an ability, so use refresh in place of recover to cure off status ailments. Regenerator can be played with head smash as a surprise hit from a pokemon that just taunted you, hit it, switch out to recover. Not the greatest scouter that's why I prefer Natural cure more with recover.
    Last edited by Rayofquazar; 30th January 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Stall

Corsola
    Item: leftovers
    Nature: The one that raises defence and lowers atk
    Ability: Natrual Cure
    EV's: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SDef
    Moves
    -Aqua Ring
    -Scald
    -Toxic
    -Protect

No explaination needed. Toxic, Scald on Steel types, Aqua Ring for recovery, stall
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/10ws194.gif[/IMG]

PO name: [TEG]Pika ruler
    PS name: Pika ruler

Spoiler:- Credit:

Well it's stats really let it down. Hardly no speed, even with a rock polish it's still going to be rather slow, but for it's tier it's not to bad. It has again hardly any offensive and that's what lets the rock polish down, can't hit hard. It would be useable in a sandstorm with a curse set since it's special defense gets boosted. It does have a excellent movepool though. Good attacking moves and support moves. It would be possible for it to run screens. but is probably outclassed at this.

No, 35 Speed is still HORRID in NU. Sawk, Exeggutor, Rotom-S, even Gorebyss all outrun you. Even freaking Beheeyem outruns you.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but regenerator is its dream world ability.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2vvrzaw.jpg[/IMG]

~~need a jirachi, celebi, mew, phione.~~
    wanting a dream world ninetails or poiltoad. plz help
    pokedex is at 607 entries. please help me!

lol Rock Polish Corsola. 55 / 65 / 35 offenses. Scary.

Just use Shell Smash Carracosta.

Corsola
    Item: Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    Ability: Natrual Cure/regenerator
    EV's: 252 SpA 252 HP 4 Def
    Moves
    -Surf
    -Earth Power
    -Ice Beam/HP grass
    -Psychic/HP grass
    Coverage:Fire, Ground, Rock, Steel, Electric, Grass, Flying, Fighting, Poison
    hits a max of 376 special attack with choice specs. Surf is a powerful STAB move. Earth Power hits steel types and electric types. Ice Beam for flying- and grass-types. Psychic hits fighting and poison. HP grass for water types.
    Last edited by Smugleaf-pwns-all; 30th January 2012 at 3:29 PM.

Choice sets really don't do anything for Corsola. You wouldn't want the ev's in speed because they don't do anything. I say just put them in HP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast