Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Regions..

Default Pokemon Regions..

I was thinking about it recently on how great the setting are in each Pokemon Game. The First 4 regions are based on Japanese's regions and yet they look all different with Hoenn and Sinnoh being more Tropical and Mountainous respectively. As for Unova..i like Unova especially because of the verity but i do have problems with it. Kalos on the other hand is perfect it has a right blend of areas that are familiar to old players but also some very unique areas like the creepy forest. In my opinion Kalos is the 2nd best Region with 1st being Sinnoh. One last thing..I think Africa could be a really cool with both Egypt and Cape Town being very interesting areas to explore in Pokemon.

I think for next gen they should do like an African / Indian type climate. A climate that's really deserty with a lot of sandstorms. It could tie in with a lot of the history of the Pokémon World and ancient artifacts. A really hot sandy region would be cool. [not to be confused with tropical ]
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS FC :3 --> 3239 - 3347 - 2169 Friends are nice, not just for safari, but in general! My safari's grass btw :'D

*Grass Master in Training*->The Boy Who Understands the Call of Nature

Why be sober, when you can be heartless?

I'd personally like a region based on Australia. You know there will be lots of dangerous Pokémons there. I'd like a crocodile or kangaroo Mythical.
    Hey, you. Yes, you. Stop staring at my avatar.
    Add me to you Nintendo 3DS Friend's List!
    Name: JmJethro
    FC: 3695-0055-9391

Signature credit to SGG!

Credit to Geekachu!

I have now claimed Serperior, Lulu from Final Fantasy X, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition: Stairway to the Destined Duel!

Note: Lulu from FFX. Freaking FFX-2 and Wakka Wakka.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    I'd personally like a region based on Australia. You know there will be lots of dangerous Pokémons there. I'd like a crocodile or kangaroo Mythical.
    I'd second that, I think Aus would be an awesome setting. I'd like England too for obvious reasons, but it'd probably be quite bland, though I'm sure they'd get some cool landmarks in.

Sie sind das Essen und wir sind die Jäger!
    deviantART | Twitter
    3DS FC: 2595-0280-9012

totally agree with africa since we alredy had asia ( japan), america (us), and europe ( france) or maybe we can have oceania something like australia or new zealand.

I think they're probably going to do Australia next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

Britain would be good, but sadly it's too small =[

I really think Australia is next for some reason. Maybe then we can finally get a real kangaroo pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    I really think Australia is next for some reason. Maybe then we can finally get a real kangaroo pokemon.
    Breloom.

But the regions aren't really that improtant to me as long as they don't have 17 sea routes like Hoenn.

Cradily wants YOUR SOUL.

I don't really care what the regions are based on as long as they're fun to play through and have a catchy OST.

How about Peru? South America hasn't been touched, and given Macchu Pichu, the Nazca Lines, and other amazing landmarks, as well as the varied landscape and culture, would make for a wonderful setting for Pokémon.

Kalos was a nice balanced region. Liked Unova's city-like design as well.

Would love something entirely village-based for the next region. Rural with huts and what not. Forests and caves will be much emphasized upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    Breloom.

But the regions aren't really that improtant to me as long as they don't have 17 sea routes like Hoenn.
    Or as long as they don't have a bunch of pointless bridges like Unova.

While I think the next region would more than likely based on either Canada or Hawaii since the last two Pokémon World championships were held there (due to the fact that Unova came from a visit to NYC & Kalos came from a trip to Paris), I personally wouldn't mind having a region based on Brazil since it's one of the largest countries in South America, it's home to many of the world's most exotic plants and animals, Rio de Janeiro is more identifiable location in today's society, & it could incorporate references from other island-themed locations such as Jamaica, Hawaii, Aruba, & Fiji
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 26th March 2014 at 7:12 PM.
        Spoiler:- Currently Retconning & Reconfiguring- Will Update Soon:

Hmmm... I agree with the possibility of Africa/Australia, but I personally would like to see a more spread out region, perhaps across a few islands with a seperate theme, and links to the previous regions. I thought possibly a mountainous island, a desert island and a 'civilized' island, as in one with a few big cities. I'd also like to see a Poison-type legendary involved somehow, as I think that its the only type without a legendary (Arceus Toxic Plate doesn't count.)
    Friend Safari- Phantump, Drifblim, Shuppet.
    FC: 2793-1931-7921
    Timezone-GMT

Never underestimate the power of Skill Link Cinccino, especially with Rock Blast, Tail Slap, U-Turn and Bullet Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    We already have Kangaskhan, but I wouldn't mind another kangaroo Pokemon that actually fights more like a real kangaroo. Maybe it could be Fighting/Ground or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I knew the euro crisis got out of hand but this is ridiculous, its gotten to the point were people want a part time job in a video game.

I think Africa would be a good place due to the large amount of animals available in Africa and can make for some truly cool areas. Also am i correct in saying there hasn't not been a Peacock Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    Or as long as they don't have a bunch of pointless bridges like Unova.
    At least with bridges you don't have worry about to facing a Tentacool every step of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedaxx View Post
    At least with bridges you don't have worry about to facing a Tentacool every step of the way.
    I do like Honen but man is it a flawed reigon..especially because of the water

Quote Originally Posted by SurfingPenguins View Post
    so maybe we can have a region with less aquatic area, prefer more terrain areas.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfingPenguins View Post
    The thing about Hoenn is that its themes are about land and sea, so it makes sense there was so much water. I just wish the water routes could have been spread of throughout the region, or at least not have most of the water routes look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedaxx View Post
    Because there is no such thing as a Repel...

I think the next games are going to be set in...South America! The Strange Souviner looks like an Easter Island head, and the hiker that gives it to you hints that it comes from his region.

As for the regions, I love Sinnoh and Unova. Unova was designed beautifully, and I personally loved the overall design as well as the integration of the seasons. I know they weren't necessarily the most popular mechanics, but I loved how the routes changed season to season. Sinnoh had a very fun region, and for some reason I can't explain, I adore Canalave City and Iron Island. Riley rocks!

Also, I have a soft spot for the forests in each region. Those are my favorite places to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder1604 View Post
    Hmmm... I agree with the possibility of Africa/Australia, but I personally would like to see a more spread out region, perhaps across a few islands with a seperate theme, and links to the previous regions. I thought possibly a mountainous island, a desert island and a 'civilized' island, as in one with a few big cities. I'd also like to see a Poison-type legendary involved somehow, as I think that its the only type without a legendary (Arceus Toxic Plate doesn't count.)
    I really love the idea of a more spread out region. Something like what you're describing here would be ideal in my opinion.

I like Kalos well enough, but it feels small after the update Unova (though I agree that some of the bridges felt pointless). I think a South American country would be cool region, and it'll likely feature mew, since that's were gen 1 says mew comes from.

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society / And My Etsy Shop!
    I've also got Blog about all things paranormal:
    http://problematicafiles.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: Noshi is a folded tag used by Japanese as a decoration on presents for good luck, it represents dried fish/shellfish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast