Thread: Do you feel the need to catch them all when you play?

Default Do you feel the need to catch them all when you play?

Playing gen 1 sure because A. 151 Pokemon is a reasonable goal without taking too much of my time B. I can do it without trading thanks to the Ditto/Trainer Escape/Item Duplication glitch

The rest? I really don't care and rarely catch more than 20 -50 ish Pokemon in a game. Usually rotating Pokemon as needed.

Not necessarily all of them, but I do want to get as much as I can reasonably catch
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (Diamond random)

I feel that way just a little, even though i know it would be tedious.

Not gonna lie on this one :P
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

*drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too
    I may add this one korrina blingee that helps my autism to this sig sometime however i don't feel like changing it as much yet :3 korrina is still powerful to me though^^

I'll try to catch anything new I encounter. Any ones really hard to obtain i'll devote separate time to focus on getting.

But only if I actually plan on using them. Catching them ALL is something i'm just not gonna do...
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560
    Switch FC: SW-6679-9985-0859.

No matter how many days/months/years pass, i'll always be that kid at heart...

Not really. Sometimes I may go on a catching spree if I'm in the Safari Zone or have a lot of time to kill, but mostly I just catch whatever Pokemon I plan to use.

I used to make an effort to catch every mon available in each area. These days it's just the ones I happen to encounter while I look for the ones I like/will use

As I'm very picky about completing all the main tasks in the games, yes, I do feel personal pressure to capture every Pokemon. It's not necessary of course, but I'd rather finish my Zukan before I move on to another side quest in the core games.

Never.

Battling and training have always been my joys in playing the game. I usually catch no more than the pokemon I want to battle with, and that's it. Personally, I've never seen much of an incentive in filling a PokéDex other than sheer satisfaction, which isn't enough for me. But who knows? That could always change in the future.

Yes and no, it depends on my mood sometimes I want to catch everything in sight, sometimes I don't.

As for completing the Pokedex, not really I only made an effort to complete it once and that was in Pokemon Sun
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    I believe in my Savior Jesus Christ.
    my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5756-2613-5210

friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I try to get as much as I can so that whenever I want to complete the Dex, then I'll have less Pokémon to catch. But I don't always use the Pokémon I catch anyways.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

In the newer games where it's actually possible to catch 'em all? Yes, oh, absolutely. That shiny charm is pretty good incentive as well.

For older games, I would try to catch any and every Pokemon that I could, but since there weren't enough evolutionary stones, events, or the ability to search for a Pokemon in GTS by typing its name, it would just be more trouble than it was worth.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

I only catch them all nowadays because it's not next to impossible and I need that Shiny Charm
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (Diamond random)

i do make a point to catch all normal/non-legendary pokemon in every game. the legend/events entries are situational to each gen/game if i can bother to spend the time to get them all. i got them all in gen6 X/OR but cant be bothered to do so for gen7.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Catch 'em all? No. Catch every Pokémon I don't have? If you don't, you aren't playing the game right.
    Creator of two, soon to be three, Fakedexes, eventually totaling around 500 Fakemon.
    Gen 1 Kings: Queens:
    Gen 2 Kings: Queens:
    Gen 3 Kings: Queens:
    Gen 4 Kings: Queens:
    Gen 5 Kings: Queens: