Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Make You Happy!

Default Things That Make You Happy!

You know the thread "Things that grinds your gears"? Well, with the approval of Hydrohs (I asked him) I decided to make a new thread.

The only rule of this thread is to talk about things you love about the Pokémon franchise. You can also be negative as long as it's not the main subject of your post. Of course the official rules still apply.

So anyway without further ado let's begin.

I'll start.

Floatzel is what makes me happy since it's my favorite Pokémon, I love its design, its speed and I use it in battles a lot.
    Last edited by Blaze The Movie Fan; 21st June 2015 at 8:02 PM.

Whenever I encounter a shiny, I get a lot of hype, get really happy and obviously, I catch it. Probably the biggest thing that makes me happy.

Main reason: They are so rare, with a base chance of 1/4096 to appear in Gen 6, previous was 1/8192
    Last edited by Mega Altaria; 14th June 2015 at 1:01 PM.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

Ghosts.

I freaking love Ghosts. With every generation I sit in great anticipation for what new kinds of Ghost pokemon we'll have. So far, I've never disliked a Ghost-type, though I will say my liking for Golurk isn't that high.

It's based on Jewish folklore, though, which is cool.
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM

EVER GRANDE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gyms via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying them.

Finding a shiny Pokémon, the odds of encountering one may have dropped in Gen 6 but it is still a special occasion when you do find one. Also Dragon-types, they are easily one of my favourite types and it is exciting to see what concepts are thought up in a new generation (one highlight of Gen 6 was the seadragon inspired Dragalge).

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    Ghosts.

I freaking love Ghosts. With every generation I sit in great anticipation for what new kinds of Ghost pokemon we'll have. So far, I've never disliked a Ghost-type, though I will say my liking for Golurk isn't that high.

It's based on Jewish folklore, though, which is cool.
    If you could make a top 5 list of favorite ghost-types would you do it?

Because I'm curious about how it'd turn out.

this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    Whenever I encounter a shiny, I get a lot of hype, get really happy and obviously, I catch it. Probably the biggest thing that makes me happy.

Main reason: They are so rare, with a base chance of 1/4096 to appear in Gen 6, previous was 1/8192
    Yeah, I'll agree there. I have a good number of shiny Pokemon, some from trades and some from the Pokeradar, but I always like getting a dumb luck one. Even that Pikachu in XY despite the fact I had the shiny Pichu event from 4th gen. (I think I may have been one of the first people to get a six gen shiny actually...)

The music is another one. Some tunes just are really enjoyable to listen to imo.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Fandex! Browse/upload Pokemon Fanworks!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: Game Plot Analysis - The Johto Games! Better or worse?
    Previous Article: What Iwata Contributed to Pokemon. RIP, Iwata. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Recently, I was really happy because of those new Pokémon-themed... well, themes for 3DS. I was super hyped when I saw that one of them was Eeveelutions themed! I love Eeveelutions, so I bought the theme as soon as it was possible and now my 3DS is super pretty ♥ I've also liked previous and other new Pokémon themes, especially that BW/BW2 themed one which I've bought as well.

Lots of things about Pokemon make me happy.

- Weavile. It's my favourite Pokemon and I ALWAYS have an IV bred and EV trained one in my in-game teams.
    - The character designs. I've yet to see a design, both human and Pokemon, that I truly dislike.
    - Whenever I catch a shiny Pokemon.
    - When opponents in the Battle Maison make their Pokemon use Explosion on the first turn when I use Mat Block, when they blow up randomly, or they blow up when they're burned and do no damage at all.
    - Opponents in the Battle Maison burning their OWN Pokemon with Will-o-wisp. I hope that's one thing GameFreak don't fix.
    - When I hatch a Pokemon with the desired IVs, nature and ability I want.
    - Being able to nickname my Pokemon, although I would like the character limit to be increased again. I still find 12 characters too short, 15 would be ideal for me.

There are more but these are the things that make me happiest right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    If you could make a top 5 list of favorite ghost-types would you do it?

Because I'm curious about how it'd turn out.
    1. Aegislash
    2. Shedinja
    3. Spiritomb
    4. Drifblim
    5. Cofagrigus
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM

EVER GRANDE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gyms via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying them.

Well, I recently have completed a team of shinies consisting only of my favorite Pokémon or my favorite looking shinies:
    Hawlucha (favorite Pokémon)
    Slowpoke (favorite Pokémon)
    Durant (favorite Pokémon)
    Scizor (favorite shiny)
    Steelix (favorite shiny)
    Masquerain (favorite shiny)

Silly Pokémon also make me very happy. Sudowoodo because I once saw it standing perfectly still, pretending to be a tree amongst a horde of Trevenant. I laughed really hard for about ten minutes. Kricketune because it's cry still makes me laugh. Wobbuffet because of the way it acts on the anime.

I also have a love for Water and Steel types. Most of their designs make me happy.

I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

Every time I send out my shiny Salamence and Skarmory. That animation always males me smile cuz I'm like, hey, look at my pokemon, they're better than yours!

Also, whenever one of my pokemon looks back at me due to having high affection in amie. It just makes everythong in the game so much more realistic and like the anime, and it adds to the whole "bonding" thing that the games want you to feel. I get a little too emotionally attached to my teams.
    I didn't lose it, we were just playing a spontaneous game of hide seek. Honest.
    -me

Meh shinies-
    (MM)(X2) (goodra)
    (Chain)
    (RE)
    (Hoarde)

Great thread idea!

Skitty's animation. The first time I saw it on X, I squealed in delight. It is just so damn cutteeeeee, whoever designed it captured it perfectly

Pokemon amie, a lot of the interactions are very cute. (Cacnea is adorable)

Crushing others in online battles. Winning can give me such strong and long highs, specially when it's a really tight match and I come through with 1 last pokemon when I already resigned to losing because things just look so bad. (it happened yesterday, my Ambipom came in and saved the day and I felt so amazing when I won)

Snatching shiny pokemon from GTS for regular pokemon
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

There's numerous things about Pokemon that make me happy I would be here all day putting every last thing down.
    Here's a couple I will mention.

1.) Watching episodes and movies that feature some of my favorite Pokemon in them, even if they're only in one part briefly, it makes me happy seeing them.

2.) I'm not a dedicated shiny hunter like others, so despite the odds of finding them being increased this gen, finding shinies is always a rewarding experience for me, no matter how useless of a Pokemon it may be to me.

Claimed by me!

Definitely the music.

It's always mood-setting and I feel good whenever I listen to it, even if its melancholic.

Also, Drfiloon, Surskit, and Lanturn's animations in Poké-Amie. They're just so adorable its uplifting.

You know what? I love Marlon.

That dude is a mighty fine example of how well character development can be for Pokémon. He's not a one-dimensional, left or right-side character, like most folks in the games. He has a full-on personality that is acknowledged even by the in-game people. I love how calm yet goofy he is, and I love his mellow outlook on life. I especially love how he just pauses and walks off after talking, no matter the situation. It's so hilarious!
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM

EVER GRANDE CITY GYM

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    You know what? I love Marlon.

That dude is a mighty fine example of how well character development can be for Pokémon. He's not a one-dimensional, left or right-side character, like most folks in the games. He has a full-on personality that is acknowledged even by the in-game people. I love how calm yet goofy he is, and I love his mellow outlook on life. I especially love how he just pauses and walks off after talking, no matter the situation. It's so hilarious!
    ...I dont even know who Marlon is!
    Which games was he in?

Quote Originally Posted by Creyk View Post
    ...I dont even know who Marlon is!
    Which games was he in?
    He's the 8th gym leader in Black 2 and White 2. His gym is in Humilau City and his Pokémon are Water-type.
    My 3DS Friend Code: 5129-1887-3797
    My Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I was in Lumiose City the other day. I saw a Ditto casually walking down the street, and it turned into a Pokémon Center.

Now, coming up with something other than shiny Pokémon (it's too obvious!). Another thing that makes me happy is beating Lisia in the Master Rank Beauty Contest with Kyogre.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by RoarOfTime91 View Post
    He's the 8th gym leader in Black 2 and White 2. His gym is in Humilau City and his Pokémon are Water-type.
    Oh, then it makes sense that I dont know him. I never played the sequels.
    Thank you for the answer

Things that make me happy include:

- new Pokemon (they are like the best candy in the world, without the unhealthy side effects )
    - the happy mood of Pokemon games
    - Diggersby (and other favorites)
    - getting lucky in WiFi battles and winning
    😸 NEW POKEMON HYPE 😸

The music in the 6th gen games and Kingdra, as its my favourite Pokemon.
    Below is my ORAS team.
    ORAS IGN: Chiny

I also play Showdown, in which I have the exact same team.

Dragon types make me happy cause they are my favorite. Having a whole box of shiny pokemon in White 2, Y and Alpha Sapphire makes me pretty happy. Catching a shiny Bagon made me happy. Having a whole box of hidden ability pokemon in Y is also good.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

I love X and Y a lot. I love it how you can customize your Trainer with different clothes, and care for your Pokemon with Pokemon Amie. It's small little things like these that makes me happy.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Beating Marlon in my Fire Monotype run of Black 2. Sunny Day and Will o Wisp are your best friends.

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Lopunny batton passing into a trick scarf gothithelle to eliminate one of his defensive checks. I always feel happy when I pull it off.
    Discussions on forums are always serious business :3

Looking for a 6IV Hasty Hoopa for competitive purposes. Got nothing really unique trade but I'd appreciate the favor.
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast