Thread: Fairy Type = Ideals turned into Reality?

Default Fairy Type = Ideals turned into Reality?

It bugged me for a while that I could work out what made Fairy Types so special. All I knew before was that they tend to be pink and have an immunity to Dragon Moves.

Well, what if most Fairy Types are about wishing or willing something to be real?

Sylveon
    You can get this Pokémon by playing with or feeding an Eevee a bit in PokémonAmie. Though, it doesn't make much sense that there'd be ANOTHER Eeveelution that evolved through Friendship, so why even have Sylveon at all?

Well, what if there's more to it than that? Affection and Friendship seem to be different things in the Pokémon universe, even though only one Pokémon can evolve through Affection and multiple 'mon can evolve by having a high enough Friendship.

Perhaps an Eevee that's played and fed, instead of battled with right away wishes to show the same amount of affection to its trainer? But since Eevee is a small quadruped, it can't exactly give anyone a loving embrace above the ankles. So what if said Eevee wished it COULD? Maybe this is how Sylveon exist.

Sylveon is know for wrapping its feelers around its trainer's arms and is the only one in the entire Eevee line that has more than 4 independently moving limbs (excluding the tail). Maybe the Eevee that evolve into Sylveon all wish for the same thing, so when they evolve, they finally get to hug their trainer properly. Another interesting thing about Sylveon, is it's the lightest of all Eeveelutions, as well as the tied tallest. This could be so it can still be picked up by its Trainer, as well as be able to give them a nice big hug.

Flabébé/Floette/Florges
    This line of Pokémon are well known for being very attached to the flower they were hatched with.

Flabébé always hang onto said flower, while it moves freely in the breeze. This indicates that the flower has more control over Flabébé than the other way around.

Floette finally gains control of the flower it rides, though, it only really moves to flower patches and seems to be completely obsessed by them.

Florges becomes one with the flower it rides, losing the ability to fly. However, it's not part Grass Type, which indicates that it may know a lot about flowers, but that doesn't mean it IS one.
    Maybe one day in the future, Florges will get a Mega Evolution that lets it finally become a proper Grass Type.

Unlike Sylveon, Florges' wish has yet to be fully granted.

Mr. Mime
    Mr. Mime's ORAS Dex entry says it all: "Mr. Mime is a master of pantomime. Its gestures and motions convince watchers that something unseeable actually exists. Once the watchers are convinced, the unseeable thing exists as if it were real." It literally wills things into existence.

Diancie
    It's supposed to be a sudden transformation of Carbink, but what if it's more to it than that?
    What if a Carbink really wanted to be a princess, but since Carbink can't have genders, it instead willed itself to be more girly looking.

What if this very Carbink turned itself into what in though a princess would look like and willed itself to be girlier and girlier along the line? I could have even gotten to the point where other Carbink treated it like a princess. It's Mega Evolution even looks like a proper princess!

Klefki
    Kelfki is all about keys, keys keys! The top of its head even looks like one and it has a keyhole-like mouth.

Kelfki are even hatched with keys! Maybe this is because they love keys so much, that they found a way to clone them in their eggs. This could also be the reason why Kelefki looks so key-like naturally.

So, what do you guys think? I'll add more later and you could even include your own.

So what about Dedenne, and Wigglytuff?
    Check out my youtube channel: HouseRaven. I post all kinds of Pokemon Stuffs

Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
    Igglybuff can't sing, so Jigglypuff is the form it takes when it wishes to have more developed vocal chords.

Jigglypuff on the other hand, as problems breathing when it sings for too long. To fix this, Wigglytuff has a much more pliable body, like Igglybuff and can even inflate itself. This helps it maintain its airflow better.

So Wigglytuff can technically sing forever, while Igglybuff can't sing at all and Jigglypuff can't sing for too long.

Dedenne
    Originally a Raichu that wanted to be cuter. This Pokémon is so far of an offshoot from the Pikachu line, that it's its own line now.

There are several traits that it keeps from Raichu, such as the colouring and its long tail.

Unlike Raichu, it's much smaller, has antennas come from its electrical sacks and it's a much weaker Pokémon.

Fairy= otherworldly being that has its own set of rules and biology setting them apart from the rest of the fauna.

That is pretty much the social convention of the fairy folks without getting Lovecraftian, don't think too much about it.
    Discussions on forums are always serious business :3

Looking for a 6IV Hasty Hoopa for competitive purposes. Got nothing really unique trade but I'd appreciate the favor.
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

I don't want to burst your bubble but you could say this for almost any Pokémon.

The Salamence line is an easy example. Bagon/Shelgon have been said in sources to want to be able to fly, so upon evolution into Salamence it sprouts wings and gains the Flying type. It's even further shown in its mega evolution when it becomes a better flyer and gains Aerilate as its ability.

Black Lives Matter

^Exactly! Let's not forget Magikarp/Gyarados and Feebas/Milotic.

I think the difference between those and Fairies is that Bagon and Feebas ultimately became Salamence and Milotic by chance or mere evolutionary growth, while Fairies become who they are by actual will.

This becomes more plausible when considering Fairies are the highest of magical pokemon. Unlike Feebas, any Fairy can will themselves to a greater or alternate state, simply because they possess the magic to.

I think the 'wish and will' concept explains a lot about Fairy pokemon. Of course, it ultimately remains a fan theory, but it's one I'm cool with.
    CLICK IMAGE FOR QR CODE!

Please leave feedback on my gyms via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying them.

What a great theory, and makes a lot of sense too. It's an amazing concept.
    So a Dark/Fairy pokemon would be someone who wants to inflict pain upon others, while a Ghost Fairy would be a should trying to reconnect with whatever that was important to it in its life
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Another point for this theory would be the presence of Fairy Mega Pokémon, who gained Fairy-type through Mega Evolution, and without supposed influence Xerneas' leftover aura that's implied to be cause of Fairy-types' presence in Kalos in X/Y.

Those Megas also seem to work in this manner, if one takes their early descriptions seriously.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I feel like fairy magic is all about love and dreams harnessed into power, and dark is weak because it's pessimism, while fairy magic is optimism and hope. It sounds cheesy but... I think it's great!

Interesting theory. Never thought of that, either.

Default A more old school perspective.

It looks like you're approaching Fairy Pokémon strictly from the Victorian/post-Victorian idea of fairies as friendly and helpful little pixies and ignoring the older tales of the fair folk. As for Fairy type hybrids just look at folklore for ideas. Try Googling them.

Fairy/Ghost: Bean sidhe or dullahan
    Fairy/Dark: Queen Mab, The Morrigan (if not Fairy/Ghost), many goblins and gremlins (overlaps with Dark/Ghost) or Black Shuck
    Fairy/Psychic: Der Erlkönig, obviously

Who rides, so late, through night and wind?
    It is the father with his child.
    He has the boy well in his arm
    He holds him safely, he keeps him warm.

"My son, why do you hide your face in fear?"
    "Father, do you not see the Elf-king?
    The Elf-king with crown and cape?"
    "My son, it's a streak of fog."

"You dear child, come, go with me!
    (Very) beautiful games I play with you;
    many a colorful flower is on the beach,
    My mother has many a golden robe."

"My father, my father, and hearest you not,
    What the Elf-king quietly promises me?"
    "Be calm, stay calm, my child;
    Through scrawny leaves the wind is sighing."

"Do you, fine boy, want to go with me?
    My daughters shall wait on you finely;
    My daughters lead the nightly dance,
    And rock and dance and sing to bring you in."

"My father, my father, and don't you see there
    The Elf-king's daughters in the gloomy place?"
    "My son, my son, I see it clearly:
    There shimmer the old willows so grey."

"I love you, your beautiful form entices me;
    And if you're not willing, then I will use force."
    "My father, my father, he's touching me now!
    The Elf-king has done me harm!"

It horrifies the father; he swiftly rides on,
    He holds the moaning child in his arms,
    Reaches the farm with great difficulty;
    In his arms, the child was dead.

Fairy/Fire: Hobgoblin (originally meaning hearth goblin or fairy) or djinn (magical creature of smokeless fire)
    Fairy/Water: Naiad, siren or nixie
    Fairy/Earth: Knocker, knacker, bwca (Welsh), bucca (Cornish), tommyknocker (US) or kobold (German)
    Fairy/Grass: Dryad
    Fairy/Poison: Nuckelavee

This topic makes me even more wish (haha) that Wish was retyped to Fairy, I find it ridiculous it wasn't