Page 127 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 7505

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    I've always wondered if Wailord are actually allowed in public battles which don't take place in large bodies of water.
    Let alone having a Goldeen battle on land against another Goldeen. How would that even work?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Let alone having a Goldeen battle on land against another Goldeen. How would that even work?
    Whichever one passes out from lack of water first?

Whichever one passes out from lack of water first?
    Yeah, but then their HP would gradually decrease in battle without doing a single thing.

Yeah, but then their HP would gradually decrease in battle without doing a single thing.
    Well, they'd be Struggling on land.

Well, they'd be Struggling on land.
    But not until they use up their other moves, at which point they should already be losing health as they can't breathe on land. :/

But not until they use up their other moves, at which point they should already be losing health as they can't breathe on land. :/
    That's exactly what I was implying before my previous post. Also, I'm pretty sure in real life PP wouldn't matter for Goldeen if it was fighting on land and it would go straight to struggling or suffocating. In the games however, it just doesn't make sense unless it fights from a fish bowl full of water or some sort of miniature aquarium. There should be a move called Flop which is basically the equivalent of Splash but on land. All fish pokemon should be able to learn it. I know it's pointless but a lot of things are so why not?

That's exactly what I was implying before my previous post. Also, I'm pretty sure in real life PP wouldn't matter for Goldeen if it was fighting on land and it would go straight to struggling or suffocating. In the games however, it just doesn't make sense unless it fights from a fish bowl full of water or some sort of miniature aquarium. There should be a move called Flop which is basically the equivalent of Splash but on land. All fish pokemon should be able to learn it. I know it's pointless but a lot of things are so why not?
    I don't know about you, but I was associating in-game mechanics with real life, meaning that PP and HP would count, and level would be a numerical representation of the overall strength of a Pokémon. Meaning, a Goldeen with Water Gun would have to use Water Gun before it could Struggle.

I don't know about you, but I was associating in-game mechanics with real life, meaning that PP and HP would count, and level would be a numerical representation of the overall strength of a Pokémon. Meaning, a Goldeen with Water Gun would have to use Water Gun before it could Struggle.
    I was associating real life mechanics with real life :/...But sure, lets assume that in real life, Goldeen or any fish-like pokemon for that matter wouldn't just flop around, would be able to balance themselves well, are mobile by hopping, and can breathe on land.
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 9th October 2012 at 7:55 AM.

Sure, lets assume that in real life, Goldeen or any fish-like pokemon for that matter wouldn't just flop around, would be able to balance themselves well, are mobile by hopping, and can breathe on land.
    Of course, them hopping around due to impossible balance and losing HP because of being unable to breathe doesn't necessarily mean they're using Struggle, just that they're losing HP because they can't breathe.

Though I guess trainers wouldn't... really be able to tell the difference...?

Of course, them hopping around due to impossible balance and losing HP because of being unable to breathe doesn't necessarily mean they're using Struggle, just that they're losing HP because they can't breathe.

Though I guess trainers wouldn't... really be able to tell the difference...?
    An unnamed status condition that only affects fish-like pokemon I guess.

An unnamed status condition that only affects fish-like pokemon I guess.
    It's probably the same status condition that effects land-dwelling Pokémon that can't possibly survive if put into water, I guess.

It's probably the same status condition that effects land-dwelling Pokémon that can't possibly survive if put into water, I guess.
    The drowning status lol.

The drowning status lol.
    That'd work. A more general status condition that would also apply to flopping Goldeen on land would be Helpless. (:

I was associating real life mechanics with real life :/...But sure, lets assume that in real life, Goldeen or any fish-like pokemon for that matter wouldn't just flop around, would be able to balance themselves well, are mobile by hopping, and can breathe on land.
    Typically, that's how it happens in the Anime. Sure, they flop around, but they don't get sick from doing so. I have to assume that fish pokemon can breath air as well.
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

When Zorua evolves into Zoroark, where does the bangle come from?
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 10th October 2012 at 2:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    When Zorua evolves into Zoroark, when does the bangle come from?
    The same store where Alakazam's spoons, Farfetch'd's (<-O.o) leeks, Machoke's speedo/belt, Jynx's dress, Hitmonchan's tunic and Sawk and Throhs Karate Gis are bought.

being able to use dive when u are nowhere near water (like say in the dessert)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

The fact that Ash is 11 years old.

The drowning status lol.
    Please...rain teams are tough enough already...

What I don't understand?Weather effects(particularly rain)inside the battle subway carriages.
    It either can only rain outside the carriage(yet we're underground)or rain on the inside,and surely that'll flood the carriage and drown the people inside if you have a stall team?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    The fact that Ash is 11 years old.
    He's an immortal 10 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    Please...rain teams are tough enough already...

What I don't understand?Weather effects(particularly rain)inside the battle subway carriages.
    It either can only rain outside the carriage(yet we're underground)or rain on the inside,and surely that'll flood the carriage and drown the people inside if you have a stall team?
    I believe Endolise said awhile ago (maybe in another thread) that the rain, sun, sand, and hail conjured through the weather induction abilities or moves are artificial. As in, the rain doesn't follow the physics of real-world rain.

I believe Endolise said awhile ago (maybe in another thread) that the rain, sun, sand, and hail conjured through the weather induction abilities or moves are artificial. As in, the rain doesn't follow the physics of real-world rain.
    I have to admit, it would be painful (except for maybe sun) to battle under such conditions while in small places like a subway. But then again, pretty much most pokemon attacks can destroy a subway.
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 11th October 2012 at 5:56 AM.

But then again, pretty much most pokemon attacks can destroy a subway.
    I know you said mst but... Magikarp used Splash!

I have to admit, it would be painful (except for maybe sun) to battle under such conditions while in small places like a subway. But then again, pretty much most pokemon attacks can destroy a subway.
    The Pokémon are probably shrunk to 1/100 of their normal size (and thus have 1/100 of their normal strength) and are forced to battle that way? I honestly don't know.

The Pokémon are probably shrunk to 1/100 of their normal size (and thus have 1/100 of their normal strength) and are forced to battle that way? I honestly don't know.
    That could be the case, or they shink to mini versions of their original forms.

Page 127 of 301 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast