Page 128 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 7159

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ciel View Post
    That could be the case, or they shink to mini versions of their original forms.
    Uhh... those two kind of mean the same thing.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Female Mr. Mime?
    (I caught one once and nicknamed it Mrs. Mime so it would make more sense)

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN TRAINER Oliver View Post
    Female Mr. Mime?
    (I caught one once and nicknamed it Mrs. Mime so it would make more sense)
    Well, Pokémon aren't like humans, so their looks mean little or nothing.

Plus... Mr. Mime is just its localized name, in Japan it is called Barrierd, a name which imply nothing about the Pokémon gender.

According to Arcanine's BW2 pokedex entry, it says "The sight of it running over 6,200 miles in a single day and night has captivated many people."

Do the math, and that means, provided Arcanine runs for a solid 24 hours straight, it's going about 258 miles an hour, considerably faster than a diving peregrine falcon (they average about 200 mph). And consider that the falcon is diving, and aided by gravity. Arcanine is running flat out, over land. And that's assuming that it spends the entire day, sunrise to sunrise running. If it stops for water, or heaven forbid, sleep, the mph climbs to about 300. I'm pretty sure most cars couldn't deal with that kind of strain, let alone a living creature.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    According to Arcanine's BW2 pokedex entry, it says "The sight of it running over 6,200 miles in a single day and night has captivated many people."

Do the math, and that means, provided Arcanine runs for a solid 24 hours straight, it's going about 258 miles an hour, considerably faster than a diving peregrine falcon (they average about 200 mph). And consider that the falcon is diving, and aided by gravity. Arcanine is running flat out, over land. And that's assuming that it spends the entire day, sunrise to sunrise running. If it stops for water, or heaven forbid, sleep, the mph climbs to about 300. I'm pretty sure most cars couldn't deal with that kind of strain, let alone a living creature.
    Well, Arcanine is an arcane canine, right? (:

I'm sure this has not been mentioned here : the Kami Trio's Flying-Type moves.

Tornadus : Gust, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Hurricane, Aerial Ace, Sky Drop, Acrobatics, Fly, Tailwind.
    Thundurus : ....just Sky Drop & Fly.
    Landorus : .....Fly, and that's it.

....seriously, Game Freak? I can understand Tornadus learning many Flying moves because it is pure Flying-Type, but why Thundurus and Landorus' Flying moves are so limited?
    At least give them Aerial Ace/Acrobatics and Air Slash/Hurricane.....

Still on the topic of Flying move, why did Skyla hand out the TM for Acrobatics, if only ONE (Swoobat) out of her four Pokemon (Swoobat, Unfezant, Swanna, and Skarmory) can learn the move? And Swoobat isn't even her ace. I think Skyla is the only Gym Leader with this kind of thing. Game Freak should've made it so that all her other Pokemon also can learn the move......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

Tornadus : Gust, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Hurricane, Aerial Ace, Sky Drop, Acrobatics, Fly, Tailwind.

....seriously, Game Freak? I can understand Tornadus learning many Flying moves because it is pure Flying-Type, but why Thundurus and Landorus' Flying moves are so limited?

Still on the topic of Flying move, why did Skyla hand out the TM for Acrobatics, if only ONE (Swoobat) out of her four Pokemon (Swoobat, Unfezant, Swanna, and Skarmory) can learn the move? And Swoobat isn't even her ace. I think Skyla is the only Gym Leader with this kind of thing. Game Freak should've made it so that all her other Pokemon also can learn the move......
    I never understood why only Swoobat could learn it too out of the four either. Only other TM I could think of is Sky Drop, but I forgot which of her Pokemon can learn it! And maybe GF should have just made Thundurus pure Electric and Landorus pure Ground!

Dugtrio can use Scratch and Dodrio can learn Fly. I never understood this.

Sprites made by Botchan-MLP

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Dugtrio can use Scratch and Dodrio can learn Fly. I never understood this.
    According to the Mystery Dungeon games, Diglett (and Dugtrio as well) have claws... Or something like that.

All the empty houses in the towns with no doors?? It's like at least put some construction stuff near it so that it makes sense -_-.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post

Because Flying is its primary type. The others primary types are Electric and Ground.
    So for Tornadus it is a much more elemental relation to the Flying type, it is its main skill. For the other two its merely there as a secondary type,
    just like usually for anything that simply has wings, it makes perfect sense to slap Flying on them additional to the prominent type they might have (but obviously its even the case with a ton of non-specialized pokemon: any typical bird). None of those are seriously Flying-focused like Tornadus, they all just happen to be able to fly.

Think of it this way:
    If there was a Wind type, Tornadus would be Wind/Flying. But it doesnt exist because wind is the elemental aspect of the Flying type. (btw when you look in the games data, pure type pokemon have their type in both slots, meaning Cyndaquil is technically Fire/Fire..hence Tornadus Flying/Flying = just Flying)

But of course there can be pokemon that learn no move of any of their type if gamefreak decided that way for some reason.
    Last edited by Mitja; 12th October 2012 at 10:12 PM.

1)
    The fact that Fly only takes you to places you've been. Sure its unfamiliar territory, but I don't see what is hard about after gettign all Badges on Black and White can you just hop on the back of a Bravairy or some flying Pokémon, fly up. "Look Bravairy, there's the Pokémon League, just land me by the entrance" and boom. Victory Road is done.

2) Leaves on Trees are tougher than Concrete, meaning you can't brush branches aside just to get to the other side of them

3) Trainers cannot step over small rocks and fences that perhaps block their path
    Hi! SeekerofLight here, always aiming to help peeps out in all their gaming and writing needs... provided I myself have been given help about the topic...

Incoming! A brand new fic starting soon!
    Watch this space. Yes, literally, THIS space, below this!

Quote Originally Posted by SeekerofLight View Post
    1)
    The fact that Fly only takes you to places you've been. Sure its unfamiliar territory, but I don't see what is hard about after gettign all Badges on Black and White can you just hop on the back of a Bravairy or some flying Pokémon, fly up. "Look Bravairy, there's the Pokémon League, just land me by the entrance" and boom. Victory Road is done.

2) Leaves on Trees are tougher than Concrete, meaning you can't brush branches aside just to get to the other side of them

3) Trainers cannot step over small rocks and fences that perhaps block their path
    1) It is said that Victory Road must be traveled by all Trainers aiming for the top.
    2,3) "small" rocks, fences, and trees probably only appear small but in real life they may be as big as boulders.

In Black 2 and White 2, the boulders that our player in Black and White moved, how did they get out the holes? And how did some trainers get in certain places where Strength is needed?

On the subject of Strength, in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh (and Unova, if you don't push the rocks down fully through the holes), how do the rocks magically reset their positions?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    On the subject of Strength, in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh (and Unova, if you don't push the rocks down fully through the holes), how do the rocks magically reset their positions?
    Obviously it's so we don't get stuck and I'm positive you know that already. If you're looking for a logical (by Pokemon standards) explanation then it's because there's a Psychic pokemon roaming around the area and it teleports the boulders back into their original position.

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    Who says it's just one Cubone mother? It could be referring to all of them. However, this is what truly doesn't make sense: Yes, it's said that the skull belongs to the mother BUT...I've bred Cubone in the games, and the moms are still very much alive, with their skulls still in their head, in the PC. The only explanations I see for this are, they are born with the skull, or immediately after birth, they find a pokemon skull just lying around (or they may even kill or wait for the pokemon to die) and then they wear it.

Actually it has been stated somewhere else that pokemon eggs are a mystery because even pokemon who can't breed by laying eggs can make eggs in the Pension. So it is safe to assume that the Pokemon on your PC is NOT the newborn Cubone's mother, but their similarities in moves, stats, nature and whatever other feature they share is purely a coincidence :|
    Pokemon White: 0390 4523 3207
    Pokemon Platinium: 5415 5614 0165
    Visit Pokemon Plus forums, for different events. I'm also pretty active over there if you need me for anything.

Looking for Shinny Spindas!

Some Pokemon like dusknoir and Hypno etc. have a creepy summary like Dusknoir takes people to the underworld and Hypno hypotizes children and take them to unknown place also chandelure or is it lampent devour the soul of a dying person which is pretty dark for a kids game. Plus in the 8-bit generation of Pokemon (Red and Blue) there is the Lavender town syndrome which made thousands of kids around the world commet suicides and have seizures. It is basically when a player reaches lavender town, the music in the lavender town's theme tune contains high frequences that could be heard by children but not adults resulting to the horrible fates of the children. Why would the creators of Pokemon use high frequences in the first place that is just stupid and wrong, and why make such dark pokemon like dusknoir and chandelure any way.

First, if you're going to type that many stuffs, learn to use paragraphs

Second,

Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    Plus in the 8-bit generation of Pokemon (Red and Blue) there is the Lavender town syndrome which made thousands of kids around the world commet suicides and have seizures. It is basically when a player reaches lavender town, the music in the lavender town's theme tune contains high frequences that could be heard by children but not adults resulting to the horrible fates of the children. Why would the creators of Pokemon use high frequences in the first place that is just stupid and wrong
    That was not real, it's just a creepypasta that people made simply because how scary the R/B Lavender theme is.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    Obviously it's so we don't get stuck and I'm positive you know that already. If you're looking for a logical (by Pokemon standards) explanation then it's because there's a Psychic pokemon roaming around the area and it teleports the boulders back into their original position.
    Good thing this isn't the case in Black and White.

Plus in the 8-bit generation of Pokemon (Red and Blue) there is the Lavender town syndrome which made thousands of kids around the world commet suicides and have seizures.
    This didn't actually happen. It's a story called the “Lavender Town Syndrome” and it was meant to scare. And they make such “dark” Pokemon for a variety of different Pokemon.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

Oh it was made up. But don't you think some of the Pokemon in Pokemon games and the anime seem to be demonic and dark.

Oh it was made up. But don't you think some of the Pokemon in Pokemon games and the anime seem to be demonic and dark.
    Well sure, because they have dark inspirations. Just like how the inspiration for Squirtle is a turtle.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

But don't you think some of the Pokemon in Pokemon games and the anime seem to be demonic and dark.
    Well, there are Pokémon based on myths, which are considered demoniac things by people of certain... religions.

But no, I don't think there is something demoniac in the franchise.

1)The fact that Ghost in Lavender Tower can scare off anything.

Mewtwo, 'strongest of all Pokémon' is sent out against Ghost.

In all fairness, he could just make it explode or something. But then Ghost just says 'get out' and Mewtwo is scared?

WUSS! You're supposed to be a legendary awesome GM god!

2) That Pokémon that you want to breed, WILL NOT BREED when put in a Day-Care with a Ditto...
    Last edited by SeekerofLight; 15th October 2012 at 7:20 PM.
    Hi! SeekerofLight here, always aiming to help peeps out in all their gaming and writing needs... provided I myself have been given help about the topic...

Incoming! A brand new fic starting soon!
    Watch this space. Yes, literally, THIS space, below this!

Page 128 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast