Page 174 of 287 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 7174

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyro13 View Post
    The episode where Pikachu volt tackles an Electivire. That annoyed me when I was a 12 year old who was just starting competitive battling and knew better than to go trying to use electric attacks on an E-Vire.
    anime =/= games

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    anime =/= games
    Abilities should still apply (d)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyro13 View Post
    Abilities should still apply (d)
    Who cares.

Also xat smilies don't work here.

The whole Slowpoke evolution deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

-Why does Roserade has poison whips but can't learn vine/power whip?
    -Surely the daycare man knows where pokémon eggs come from, he must think that the most experienced trainer is five, or just senile. XD
    -Why does the pokedex entry say that Samurott silence enemies by glaring and howling yet it can't learn leer, glare, or howl?
    -How come Samurott is not water/fighting or water/steel, really gamefreak. Fire/Fighting is getting old.
    -How come the baby Kangaskhan is not its own species of pokémon?
    -Why does EVERYONE rely on the help of a kid to stop groups such as Team Rocket/Aqua/Plasma etc?
    -Why is Gardevoir not part of the humanshape egg group but is part of THE AMPORUS GROUP? (Really imagine how things between Gardevoir/Muk/Weezing) O_O
    -How come Wailord CAN BREED with Diglett!?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Water/Fighting make sense, but Water/Steel?
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrawer View Post
    Water/Fighting make sense, but Water/Steel?
    Its based off a Samurai, most of their weapons and armor are made of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Its based off a Samurai, most of their weapons and armor are made of steel.
    All the samurai are fighting types, with the exception of Pawniard/Bisharp

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrawer View Post
    All the samurai are fighting types, with the exception of Pawniard/Bisharp
    I always thought the Bisharp family were based off knights.

How Geodude floats and can still get hit by ground type moves.

-Surely the daycare man knows where pokémon eggs come from, he must think that the most experienced trainer is five, or just senile. XD
    Because he doesn't know. Pokemon refuse to breed when they're being observed, so nobody really has any idea what Pokemon reproduction entails. A semi-popular theory that I subscribe to says that it's a process in which the two Pokemon share their energies in order to create an egg out of nothing, in a manner similar to that seen in the Arceus event, only on a non-cosmic scale. This theory rectifies two major issues; 1) Why does nobody know how Pokemon breed? and 2) How can a Skitty breed with a Wailord?

-How come the baby Kangaskhan is not its own species of pokémon?
    Because it's just a small Kangaskhan, not a different Pokemon.

-Why does EVERYONE rely on the help of a kid to stop groups such as Team Rocket/Aqua/Plasma etc?
    They don't rely on it; the kid just ends up getting entangled in the villainous team's plot and usually ends up in a position to bring them down.

-Why is Gardevoir not part of the humanshape egg group but is part of THE AMPORUS GROUP? (Really imagine how things between Gardevoir/Muk/Weezing) O_O
    Because perhaps the Gardevoir you're seeing is an illusion. It is a Psychic-type, after all.

-How come Wailord CAN BREED with Diglett!?
    See my first answer.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Does Shuppet evolve into a doll?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Quazard Dragon View Post
    No, it evolves into a Pokemon that looks like a doll.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    But then how do you know what item is in which capsule? Later on in the game when you've got upwards of thousands of items in multiple sections of your bags, how can you differentiate?

Same goes for Pokemon, really... if all your Pokemon are in the same type of Pokeballs, how do you know which member of your team you're sending out when you have six identical Pokeballs in front of you? Or as a trainer do you just... "know"?
    Your player has an Identic memory and a bag like Hermine (however u spell it from harry potter) or Mary Poppin's Bag.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Pokémon can be caught by either surfing on the water or through fishing, yet they don't know "Surf". What do they do drown?
    Pokemon Platinum

Badges: 4

Quote Originally Posted by EspNeon View Post
    Pokémon can be caught by either surfing on the water or through fishing, yet they don't know "Surf". What do they do drown?
    They swim, without having to know how to glide on the water carrying a human in their backs
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

No one reacts if you toss out some "mythical" legendary pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Quazard Dragon View Post
    Yes; it was a doll that was abandoned. It was so mad that it came Live and turned into a Pokemon so that it could seek revenge in its owner.

The fact that poison types are no longer super effective against bug types. Really whwn you think about it, we do use poisons to kill bugs.

The fact that poison types are no longer super effective against bug types. Really whwn you think about it, we do use poisons to kill bugs.
    While I agree with you in that I think Poison should be SE against Bug, a case can be made in support of the change by citing the fact that several kinds of insects are immune to their own venom.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Bugs also become resistant to pesticides over time. =P

For the person who said about not knowing which Pokemon is in which Poke Ball, in the Adventures manga, they are transparent so you can see the Pokemon in them. Maybe it's like that?

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Quote Originally Posted by Black Inc. View Post
    How can Doduo learn fly?
    http://www.pokemoncomics.net/919-dod...pokemon-comic/
    Currently PlayingPokemon X

Shinys so far: ;541;

Poison can also be used to kill, well, pretty much anything. Not just bugs.

By this logic, poison should be super effective against anything not immune to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Poison can also be used to kill, well, pretty much anything. Not just bugs.

By this logic, poison should be super effective against anything not immune to it.
    Hence why the status effect "Poisoned" works on all types except Poison and Steel. :3

I think there are many topics Pokemon could expand upon. Atleast a game-canon map of all known regions would be nice...
    I'd like to say something against a common answer to this question. People often say that "why don't the people just use guns". If this world evolved around having Pokemon as peoples companions that both protect and attack for the human, then there would be almost no need for fire arms. But human self-defence items such as swords or pepper spray (or in their case, Cheri Spray or something) for those without Pokemon or just for extra protection, would still exist.

I dunno, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
    Bugs also become resistant to pesticides over time. =P

For the person who said about not knowing which Pokemon is in which Poke Ball, in the Adventures manga, they are transparent so you can see the Pokemon in them. Maybe it's like that?
    Well in the anime it clearly isn't! Yet somehow they all know....except in the episode "snack attack" where ash twice sent out the wrong pokemon...but other than that it is flawless!

Also it is crazy how you can carry items like a bike and 3 fishing poles and up to 900 of all the smaller items in your bag.....but for the big items at least, a theory did come up on the internet that they all could be in pokeballs....but then back to the knowing what is what problem lololol :P (I choose you.....MY BIKE?! :P)
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

Page 174 of 287 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast