Page 100 of 300 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 7482

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

  1. #2476
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Maybe, or probably the text box was just too small to fit the exact substance that hits the target. :P
    But the description itself says wind...

  2. #2477
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    But the description itself says wind...
    Yeah, but you'd figure that if all three refer to air or wind in that manner, that Air Cutter and Air Slash would have something that Razor Wind doesn't have, right?





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  3. #2478
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Yeah, but you'd figure that if all three refer to air or wind in that manner, that Air Cutter and Air Slash would have something that Razor Wind doesn't have, right?
    But then that would mean that Whirlwind has that same something despite being the same type as Razor Wind if it's able to "touch" ghosts

  4. #2479
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    But then that would mean that Whirlwind has that same something despite being the same type as Razor Wind.
    Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Whirlwind has some other gas in its air that's different than that special gas in the air from Air Slash and Air Cutter that makes it able to affect Ghost-types.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  5. #2480
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Whirlwind has some other gas in its air that's different than that special gas in the air from Air Slash and Air Cutter that makes it able to affect Ghost-types.
    I think you're over-thinking again ;P I'm gonna stick with my didn't-cross-GF's-mind theory.

  6. #2481
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    I think you're over-thinking again ;P I'm gonna stick with my didn't-cross-GF's-mind theory.
    I'm going with the "too small text box to put specifics in" theory along with the theory you're sticking with. (:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  7. #2482
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'm going with the "too small text box to put specifics in" theory along with the theory you're sticking with. (:
    Well here's an explanation (blaming it on GF is a boring way out since everything can be answered that way :P), for Whirlwind, its not actually the wind affecting the ghosts but instead, the wind triggers the pokeballs which call back the ghosts. In the wild, the ghosts just happen to not be in their transparent form since they weren't expecting the trainer to run from the match. The reason why it's able to dodge Razor Wind is because since it's a two-turn attack, it easily anticipates it. What makes it different from Air Cutter/Slash is that it's "fake" wind which is generated from the normal energy of a pokemon (which is why it requires a turn of preparing; it takes longer to create air rather than borrow some from the environment) instead of the combined forces of flying energy and the environment.
    There ;D
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 13th September 2012 at 9:26 AM.

  8. #2483
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    Well here's an explanation (blaming it on GF is a boring way out since everything can be answered that way :P), for Whirlwind, its not actually the wind affecting the ghosts but instead, the wind triggers the pokeballs which call back the ghosts. In the wild, the ghosts just happen to not be in their transparent form since they weren't expecting the trainer to run from the match. The reason why it's able to dodge razor wind is because since it's a two-turn attack, it easily anticipates it. What makes it different from Air Cutter/Slash is that it's "fake" wind which is generated from the normal energy of a pokemon (which is why it requires a turn of preparing; it takes longer to create air rather than borrow some from the environment) instead of the combined forces of flying energy and the environment.
    There ;D
    You know, that actually makes sense. Every part of it, too! (:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  9. #2484
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    You know, that actually makes sense. Every part of it, too! (:
    For Pokemon standards that is xD

  10. #2485
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    For Pokemon standards that is xD
    Haha. :D

    Oh yeah!
    How do Black City and White Forest coexist if they're both in the exact same place in the Unova region?





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  11. #2486
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Haha. :D

    Oh yeah!
    How do Black City and White Forest coexist if they're both in the exact same place in the Unova region?
    Separate timeline/different dimensions?

  12. #2487
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Haha. :D

    Oh yeah!
    How do Black City and White Forest coexist if they're both in the exact same place in the Unova region?
    It's exactly what Platinum was trying to explain. Alternate Dimensions.

  13. #2488
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It's exactly what Platinum was trying to explain. Alternate Dimensions.
    Eh... despite there not being any other real explanation, I don't really believe that. Seems too far-fetched (no pun intended). :/





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  14. #2489
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Eh... despite there not being any other real explanation, I don't really believe that. Seems too far-fetched (no pun intended). :/
    Um, I'm not sure if you got my point. with Alternate Dimensions, I didn't mean as huge of a difference like Distortion to Real, instead just minor differences.

  15. #2490
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It's exactly what Platinum was trying to explain. Alternate Dimensions.
    Little bit of a mix-up in terminology here; what Black and White have are two separate realities. One timeline in which the Zekrom brother had more influence and caused people to appreciate technology and rapid growth, and another in which the Reshiram brother caused people to appreciate the past and traditions. These are not alternate dimensions. Alternate dimensions exist within a reality; technically, both the Black Timeline and the White Timeline would have their own Distortion World, their own Temporal/Spacial Dimensions, and their own Hall of Origin and so on, because these areas exist within each reality. However, the people in the Pokemon world appear to have developed inter-reality travel, so people in one reality can visit the other's Black City/White Forest.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  16. #2491
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    why in the world does tauros and tyranitar learn surf? its very strange...how would you like to see a bull ride the waves and on top of it a poke that weak against water ride the waves too...it just don't make since :/
    Alder surfs over his Bouffalant in Pokemon Adventures!!!! That is the most bada** frame I have seen in any Manga!!!

    On topic, Where do the money for Pay Day comes from?
    http://trainerproblems.tumblr.com/



    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆Friend Code: 4356 1590 7493 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

  17. #2492
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aloquesada View Post
    Alder surfs over his Bouffalant in Pokemon Adventures!!!! That is the most bada** frame I have seen in any Manga!!!

    On topic, Where do the money for Pay Day comes from?
    It makes sense with Meowth as the shiny coin on its head could probably divide (by zero) into more coins or something like that.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

  18. #2493
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    According to its description, the coins come from the pokemon itself.
    Maybe they store/collect their own money from various places.

    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  19. #2494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    According to its description, the coins come from the pokemon itself.
    Maybe they store/collect their own money from various places.

    I've never seen a meowth stuff coins in it's "Pockets"

    But I guess it would make sense.

  20. #2495
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Um, I'm not sure if you got my point. with Alternate Dimensions, I didn't mean as huge of a difference like Distortion to Real, instead just minor differences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Little bit of a mix-up in terminology here; what Black and White have are two separate realities. One timeline in which the Zekrom brother had more influence and caused people to appreciate technology and rapid growth, and another in which the Reshiram brother caused people to appreciate the past and traditions. These are not alternate dimensions. Alternate dimensions exist within a reality; technically, both the Black Timeline and the White Timeline would have their own Distortion World, their own Temporal/Spacial Dimensions, and their own Hall of Origin and so on, because these areas exist within each reality. However, the people in the Pokemon world appear to have developed inter-reality travel, so people in one reality can visit the other's Black City/White Forest.
    Erm... I don't think people in the Pokémon world have that kind of technology. I think the ability to travel from Black City to White Forest is more just a interactivity mechanic rather than an actual ability of the people in the Pokémon world.

    Anyway, if the Reshiram-Zekrom difference at the end of BW means alternate realities, then that must mean that Kyogre/Groudon appearing in the Cave of Origin, Dialga/Palkia appearing wherever, and different possessions of the Silver and Rainbow Wings are alternate realities, as well. Maybe it's just me, but I find these differences being alternate realities much harder to comprehend than them merely being ways to promote interactivity with other players. :/





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  21. #2496
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Erm... I don't think people in the Pokémon world have that kind of technology. I think the ability to travel from Black City to White Forest is more just a interactivity mechanic rather than an actual ability of the people in the Pokémon world.

    Anyway, if the Reshiram-Zekrom difference at the end of BW means alternate realities, then that must mean that Kyogre/Groudon appearing in the Cave of Origin, Dialga/Palkia appearing wherever, and different possessions of the Silver and Rainbow Wings are alternate realities, as well. Maybe it's just me, but I find these differences being alternate realities much harder to comprehend than them merely being ways to promote interactivity with other players. :/
    Except they do have that technology. There's a guy in Opelucid who manages to create a device that allows him to communicate with the other reality, plus the Entralink bridges themselves also serve that purpose.

    As for all that other stuff, Diamond and Pearl are confirmed to be non-canon, meaning that what really happened was the event in Platinum where Cyrus summoned both dragons and Giratina interfered. Ruby and Sapphire, while not necessarily non-canon, are generally presumed to be so due to Emerald's improved storyline, though I prefer to think that RS are the canonical installments and that Ruby ties into the Black timeline while Sapphire ties into the White timeline, hence why Kyogre appears in HG (which also corresponds to the Black timeline) because the Groudon in that reality has already been dealt with; also, the differences alone (Groudon appearing at the Cave in the Black timeline and Kyogre appearing at the Cave in the White timeline) can be attributed to the divergence in history (i.e. which brother had more influence).

    It's not that difficult of a concept.

    In one timeline (FR -> HG -> Platinum -> Black -> B2; whenever Ruby takes place), the Zekrom brother has more influence which causes certain things to happen one way, while in the other timeline (LG -> SS -> Platinum -> White -> W2; whenever Sapphire takes place), the Reshiram brother's influence causes things to happen another way. It's just two branches of a timeline; differences in their respective histories.

    What I find harder to comprehend is how some people can just go about ignoring things that are a blatant element of the story, but I do understand that not everyone is as concerned with the storyline and the canonicity of things as I am.
    Last edited by Endolise; 14th September 2012 at 3:00 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  22. #2497
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    Amulet Coin.
    If you win, it doubles the battle's prize money from your opponent.
    How does it actually work?

    You won and said, "I win. Pay me double as my pokemon involved in the battle held Amulet coin. I don't care if you're broke."
    Is that it??

    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  23. #2498
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    Amulet Coin.
    If you win, it doubles the battle's prize money from your opponent.
    How does it actually work?

    You won and said, "I win. Pay me double as my pokemon involved in the battle held Amulet coin. I don't care if you're broke."
    Is that it??

    I always thought it was just a lucky charm that had some magic influence. You know, the atmosphere of battle activates the magic of the Amulet coin, and it works on the opponent so that they are generous and give twice the amount of money that they usually give. Sort of like some subconscious, hypnotic thing. Or maybe it just mystically attracts a whole pile of money into your outstretched hand at the end of the battle.
    But personally, I prefer the first solution.
    Which is why I think that having a Hypno hold the Amulet coin should double the coin's effectiveness.

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

  24. #2499
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Venom Road
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    Well, if your opponent HAS more money in that case.

    Another strange thing, you never have to give money to your opponent each time you lose a battle.

    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

    Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

    Pokegyms Fairy Leader

    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  25. #2500
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Flam View Post
    Well, if your opponent HAS more money in that case.

    Another strange thing, you never have to give money to your opponent each time you lose a battle.

    Yes you do. I think this is also true when you lose to a wild pokemon.

Page 100 of 300 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •