Page 11 of 287 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight_Tails View Post
    Not that I'm complaining, but how does Galvantula learn Bug Buzz? It doesn't have wings.
    One doesn't need to have wings to create noise. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by richm88 View Post
    one thing that doesnt make sense is everytime you hatch and egg,where does that free pokeball come from?
    Watch the anime and you will know

Why don't we ever get to see a Pokemon take a squat?
    They should be treated like a tamagotchi/giga pet
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    One doesn't need to have wings to create noise. >_>
    The user vibrates its wings to generate a damaging sound wave. It may also lower the target's Sp. Def stat.
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/bugbuzz.shtml
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

The user vibrates its wings to generate a damaging sound wave. It may also lower the target's Sp. Def stat.
    maybe they use their mandibles......

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

oh I got one. been meaning to post this for a while.

Anyone ever notice the ball animation for nest ball is the same as the friend ball?
    No it doesn't. The Nest Ball has it's own unique animation, whilst all the Apricorn balls have the Pokeball animation.

Prior to Gen V, all Pokémon who learnt Bug Buzz had wings. I guess whoever wrote the in-game description presumed that the noise was created using wings. However, it's evident now that this is not the case; Bug Buzz can be used by creating noise in any manner.

Not that I'm complaining, but how does Galvantula learn Bug Buzz? It doesn't have wings.
    It creates wings of electricity, obviously. Next time, think before you question the absoluteness of the mighty Galvantula, mortal.

hmmm.......why do escape ropes act like teleportation devices and take one out of a dungeon so quickly? Why doesn't someone see an animation of the person shooting an opening in the cieling, chucking one of their pokemon up there and then climbing up the rope like Indiana Jones or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Haru-Kaede View Post
    hmmm.......why do escape ropes act like teleportation devices and take one out of a dungeon so quickly? Why doesn't someone see an animation of the person shooting an opening in the cieling, chucking one of their pokemon up there and then climbing up the rope like Indiana Jones or something?
    Disregarding the fact that Pokémon is for handheld consoles (read: not as powerful as home consoles), it appears the developers like to keep an element of simplicity in Pokémon games.

The anime rarely makes sense...it's most likely because it's a childish anime compared to others, seeing how as the humans don't die from electrical bolts, flamethrowers, etc.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/ds77n.gif[/IMG]

In kanto there were real fishes in the cerulean gym! How can Lugia's son be manaphy if they don't look anything like each other? There are real apples and other things in Pokemon and they just call it fruit! WHEN will Ash age?
    If you have question for anything just write on my profile page (everyone: Lugia has a son?)

Who said Manaphy was Lugia's son?

Quote Originally Posted by HikariGlacea View Post
    How can Lugia's son be manaphy if they don't look anything like each other? There are real apples and other things in Pokemon and they just call it fruit!
    In order: What? and Apples are indeed fruit.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

This talk about apples reminded me of something I thought was weird in PMD2. You hear talk about the Golden Apple being so great, but when you actually find it it's not really that much different from a normal apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiTheGengar View Post
    The pokemon is like Chuck Norris. It swims through land.
    I lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Watch the anime and you will know
    Oh wait, there's a real answer? What is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    Why don't we ever get to see a Pokemon take a squat?
    They should be treated like a tamagotchi/giga pet
    They just convert their waste into elemental power like fire, electricity, water, etc.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Why can't you use Flash Fire to hatch Eggs quickly, like Magma Armor or Flame Body? That's something I don't get. O_o

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Lugia is the King of the Sea, Manaphy is the prince of the sea...Lol!!!

Why Won't Ash Age?! I think it would make it that much more awesome if Ash was now 16 or something. Being 10 and traveling the world in one year is just.... just not right.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Ippika726 View Post
    Why Won't Ash Age?! I think it would make it that much more awesome if Ash was now 16 or something. Being 10 and traveling the world in one year is just.... just not right.
    Ash should be like 25 now lol.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Well, here's one theory.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Prologue up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Pokemon is a children's game, it would not be appealing to a 8 year old to see a 25 year old grown man trying to catch Pokemon alongside way younger companions
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

A sucker punch had evolved to a word meaning any surprise attack. Hitmonless is perfectly capable of it, despite having "no punching abilities."

anyway, I wonder why Scyther cannot learn Fly despite having visible wings. Also, Magnemite (a levitating Pokemon) is affected by EQ, whereas Dodue (a flightless bird) is not.

Quote Originally Posted by JirachiTheAnimeAddict View Post
    Why can't you use Flash Fire to hatch Eggs quickly, like Magma Armor or Flame Body? That's something I don't get. O_o
    Flash Fire absorbs flames/heat, but it doesn't produce it. The other two do.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
    Aanyway, I wonder why Scyther cannot learn Fly despite having visible wings. Also, Magnemite (a levitating Pokemon) is affected by EQ, whereas Dodue (a flightless bird) is not.
    Scyther likely can't support a human in flight.

Not sure why Magnemite is affected by earthquake. The move may have a different effect than we think; in Colosseum and XD, Earthquake is shown to be a move that causes the ground to shoot up underneath a pokemon. Maybe Magnemite, since it only levitates using natural magnetism as opposed to traditional methods of flight, can't levitate far enough off the ground to avoid the attack.

Doduo, on the other hand, can likely jump up in the air long enough to avoid the attack on account of its powerful legs and lightweight body. This is also how it can use Fly.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Scyther likely can't support a human in flight.
    it can use Fly.
    Yet Pidgey and Zubats can? I find that hard to believe XD
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Page 11 of 287 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast