Page 150 of 301 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 7507

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    [FONT=Tahoma]

Sure, the Psychic-Type fits better with the dream stuff, but you said Cresselia is a Psychic Pokémon for a lack of a better typing. If that were the case, she would be a Normal-Type Pokémon.
    Well, there is no Dream, Moon or Light type so they chose to associate Dreams and Light moves with Psychic. Moonlight is a normal move but at the same time, Lunar Dance is Psychic. And if Psychic fits better then why would you still propose Normal? It's like saying there's no sand type so lets give this sand-like pokemon a Normal typing even though Rock/Ground already exists.
    Besides, Cresselia also represents the crescent moon and the Psychic type tends to also be associated with outer space as shown by Jirachi, Deoxys and most likely Lunatone, Solrock, Staryu, and perhaps Elgyem. The only pokemon excluded is the Clefairy line. Although I don't find this connection as strong as the mind and dreams, it's another connection nonetheless.
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 8th November 2012 at 2:32 AM.

Sure, the Psychic-Type fits better with the dream stuff, but you said Cresselia is a Psychic Pokémon for a lack of a better typing. If that were the case, she would be a Normal-Type Pokémon.
    A lack of a better type doesn't necessarily mean that the type that a Pokémon is assigned doesn't fit it, though. In the case of Cresselia, Normal doesn't really seem appropriate, even though Psychic doesn't precisely fit Cresselia's theme.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

How can you use Sand-Attack in a building?
    Quote Originally Posted by _Calm|Mind_ View Post
    The Internet - you're either underweight, overweight, a guy, or a guy pretending to be a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Poliwhirl'sMittens View Post
    And if Psychic fits better then why would you still propose Normal?
    I am not proposing Normal, it was you who said she was Psychic due to 'a lack of a better typing'. I just said that Pokémon who lacks a proper type usually are Normal-, not Psychic-Type. I suggest you to re-read my posts, because what I really proposed is that Cresselia would work well as a Ghost-Type Pokémon, regardless of her design not matching the Pokémon of the said type.

Quote Originally Posted by THE ONE THE ONLY...AIPOM View Post
    How can you use Sand-Attack in a building?
    Artificial sand that the Pokémon creates using its energy, I don't know. :/

It's like asking how Drizzle or Drought can activate in a building, to which I give the same "artificial energy" answer.

I am not proposing Normal, it was you who said she was Psychic due to 'a lack of a better typing'. I just said that Pokémon who lacks a proper type usually are Normal-, not Psychic-Type. I suggest you to re-read my posts, because what I really proposed is that Cresselia would work well as a Ghost-Type Pokémon, regardless of her design not matching the Pokémon of the said type.
    Well, you did say that maybe Normal would fit better and what I said is true. She is psychic for lack of a better typing, however, all of my posts have been in favor of Cresselia being Psychic rather than Normal with added explanations so I don't understand why you are talking about the Normal type in the first place or suggesting that through my reasoning Cresselia should be Normal. Just because a type doesn't exist doesn't mean a pokemon with those attributes should automatically be Normal. Magma, Sand, Wood, Moon, Light, Dream, Crystal, Rubber, Plasma, whatever type =/= Normal.

Also, I am against Cresselia being Ghost because like I said earlier, it can represent shadows and "darkness," which Darkrai already takes the role of. But I do think that Ghost could have worked as Darkrai's type. I mean, even the attack Nightmare is a Ghost type attack so it would go well as a contrast to Psychic since they both have connections to the "Dream-type" and it would add the Light vs actual Dark aspect.
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 8th November 2012 at 3:06 AM.

Where in the world are the beds and bathrooms in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Beds are sometimes seen in houses.

Regardless, the interior maps of houses aren't full representations of them, but rather just the necessary stuff to convey an interactable environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    The houses and towns aren't displayed in full-scale, it's just a handheld RPG. In fact, that's RPG staple, every setting is "abridged".

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

so I don't understand why you are talking about the Normal type in the first place or suggesting that through my reasoning Cresselia should be Normal.
    ...I just explained that in my last post.

whatever type =/= Normal.
    Of course not. But that isn't the case here.

Also, I am against Cresselia being Ghost because like I said earlier, it can represent shadows and "darkness,"
    ...The type which represents darkness is the Dark-, not the Ghost-Type. Considering the Ghost Pokémon as 'dark' beings is a misconception.

Anyways, we aren't getting nowhere with this discussion.

[FONT=Tahoma]

Of course not. But that isn't the case here.
    How?..Dreams/Moon=/=Normal too...
    ...The type which represents darkness is the Dark-, not the Ghost-Type. Considering the Ghost Pokémon as 'dark' beings is a misconception.

Anyways, we aren't getting nowhere with this discussion.
    We both know that Dark type doesn't mean actual darkness. Ghost takes the role of actual darkness and shadows more especially when you consider that the attacks Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Shadow Claw, Shadow Force, and Night Shade are all Ghost types. The only Dark-type move that shares similar attributes is Dark Void who is exclusive to Darkrai (who could very much work as a Ghost type).
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 8th November 2012 at 3:46 AM.

We both know that Dark type doesn't mean actual darkness. Ghost takes the role of actual darkness and shadows more especially when you consider that the attacks Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Shadow Claw, Shadow Force, and Night Shade are all Ghost types. The only Dark-type move that shares similar attributes is Dark Void who is exclusive to Darkrai (who could very much work as a Ghost type).
    I think Dark type is meant to represent evil (Sucker Punch, Beat up and Nasty Plot being examples) weird because because there are "no evil pokemon"
    The other Dark move that I can think of for your example would be Dark Pulse

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

I think Dark more or less represents nocturnity (not a word, but it is now).

An "evil" type would be Shadow, which was used only once in Pokemon XD.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    I think Dark type is meant to represent evil (Sucker Punch, Beat up and Nasty Plot being examples) weird because because there are "no evil pokemon"
    The other Dark move that I can think of for your example would be Dark Pulse
    Yup.
    No, Dark Pulse doesn't fit the description.

The user releases a horrible aura imbued with dark thoughts. It may also make the target flinch.
    Nothing about pitch black shadows. Just dark (sinister) thoughts or something scary enough to make one flinch.

Night Daze does, but that's just two attacks.

Labeling certain pokemon as "evil" confused me too since yes, pokemon can't be naturally evil, it just depends on how they were raised. Wouldn't this offend pokemon the type?
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 8th November 2012 at 7:34 AM.

Lucario can learn Bonerush, yet Salamence can't learn Ice Beam. >_>
    Nintendo Network ID: Dizzy_Chinchou
    3ds Friend Code: 0748-2165-5969
    My Black 2 FC is: 1765-0587-3601

I'm looking for a Shiny Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra with perfect IVs in everything (although it doesn't have to have good attack IVs). With a nature that raises its Special Attack or Special Defence and hinders Attack, preferably with either of the abillities of Gooey or Sap Sipper (I'd prefer Gooey though). Please PM me with any offers and I'll list what 6 IV shinies I have to trade!

My YT Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/yoshi1997

I highly recommend subscribing! Hope you enjoy my vids!

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyChinchou View Post
    Exactly how would a Salamence use Ice Beam, out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Exactly how would a Salamence use Ice Beam, out of curiosity?
    It eats Kyurem, it freezes itself, it becomes Kyurem, voila! Salamence can learn Ice Beam!

No? okay.

How does a Wailord fit inside a 5x5 Tile room, while diving, and being transformed to miniscule levels (for Wailord length)?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    The anime takes its artistic liberties to differentiate itself from the games. Having said that, Pokémon in the anime can probably release themselves from their Poké Balls given enough fervor or something.
    didn't the starter pikachu from Pokémon yellow also release itself from it's pokeball causing the professor to say it probably doesn't like being stuck in a pokeball?

as for the dark/evil discussion:
    I think it more represents negative energy and mischievous behavior.

absol being a good example.
    it's about as friendly as a gardevoir, only wanting to be helpful.
    the dark type probably originates more from it's frequent close proximity to disasters(it's own choice) and people's negative opinion(they don't realise the disasters would happen anyway, and absol is only there to warn them)
    other dark types do show bad behavior, but that's closer to pickpocket and prank level than world domination or total annihilation which you'd expect from something evil.
    and not all "bad" Pokémon are dark type.
    giratina was actually banished to the distortion world for being too violent(pokedex 3D) and is a dragon/ghost type.

edit: completely forgot to mention one thing that bothers me in the more recent games:
    if you use fly while surfing you leave your surfing Pokémon behind.
    Last edited by thedicemaster; 8th November 2012 at 8:52 PM.

Zangoose - wait for it- can't learn Cut.
    Slash, Crush Claw, X- Scissor...
    But no Cut.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Moog2 View Post
    Zangoose - wait for it- can't learn Cut.
    Slash, Crush Claw, X- Scissor...
    But no Cut.
    It's a bit irritating. All Pokemon with claws should automatically be able to learn Cut.
    False Swipe, too.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    It's a bit irritating. All Pokemon with claws should automatically be able to learn Cut.
    False Swipe, too.
    Agreed in every sense of the word.
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyChinchou View Post
    How exactly does one thing relate to the other?

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    How exactly does one thing relate to the other?
    Maybe because they're weak against those types of attacks they're using. :/ I have no clue either.

Quote Originally Posted by thedicemaster View Post
    edit: completely forgot to mention one thing that bothers me in the more recent games:
    if you use fly while surfing you leave your surfing Pokémon behind.
    Easy.

Player uses Surf.
    Player uses Fly.
    Screen fades to white.
    Player returns Pokémon that used Surf to its Poké Ball.
    Screen fades back in.
    Player is shown flying to a place.

Now what I don't get is what happens if the Surfer and the Flyer are the same Pokémon...

In Route 18 in the Unova region, how in the heck did some of those trainers get there without the use of Water or Flying Pokemon?

Page 150 of 301 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast