Page 198 of 290 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 7229

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by Blany View Post
    These moves are not like reqular biting or crunching. They are named like that due to the similarity, but successfully executing the Moves Bite or Crunch requires control over the Dark Type to at least some extent.
    Uh, yes, they are. They are just like regular biting. However, biting is considered a dirty tactic, thus it is a Dark type move.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

How about the fact that you could surf up a waterfall? Always thought that was godlike lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    Uh, yes, they are. They are just like regular biting. However, biting is considered a dirty tactic, thus it is a Dark type move.
    Which is why they said one needed to harness its Dark type. "Regular biting" is only chewing food and the like. Biting in the attack sense is not a regular bite. It is a fierce bite that is used to specifically cause harm. Gible is not capable of this type of bite because it was not granted with the evil/dirty nature of the Dark type.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    If they are regular biting, why does Bite "explode" and send off sparkes everywhere in the Anime?

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    How about the fact that you could surf up a waterfall? Always thought that was godlike lol
    Your Pokémon probably builds up enough force to charge yourselves up a high wall of water.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

If they are regular biting, why does Bite "explode" and send off sparkes everywhere in the Anime?
    I don't know, we're talking about the games.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    I don't know, we're talking about the games.
    Also, yes, why can Pokemon effectively Bite Rock Type Pokemon? Their teeth should break... also, would biting a Psychic be more effective than hitting them?
    Along with that, would you try to scare off Ghosts by biting them? I am sure that you would not...

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

There are roads in cities everywhere but I rarely see cars

Quote Originally Posted by cantavanda View Post
    There are roads in cities everywhere but I rarely see cars
    Artistic license due to the hardware limitations or they just don't use a lot of cars. However, both Unova and Kalos have cars.

Why are there Zubats in the Castelia sewers? I can understand Grimers,Muks and Rattatas and Ratacates being in a sewer(Toxic waste and rats); but why (zu)bats?

Beacuse exploions are Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Why are there Zubats in the Castelia sewers? I can understand Grimers,Muks and Rattatas and Ratacates being in a sewer(Toxic waste and rats); but why (zu)bats?
    Because bats live in dark places and the sewers are dark.

Not to mention, sewers probably have tons of insects which would attract bats.

On the subject of this bite, if a pokémon needs to control the dark element, how does that explain plenty of non-dark pokémon being able to naturally learn the move just fine? They don't even have to display a lot of control over the "dark element". The squirtle line is able to use the move without being dark typed themselves or barely even having any other dark type moves they can use (fling is the only other one). Snorunt even gets bite as almost its only dark typed move, and snorunt hardly seems to have teeth capable of biting. I'd personally can't see gible's inability to bite being anything more than some majorly shortsighted error.

Unless bite would somehow be a game breaker for that line. I don't know enough about competitive play to say it is, but if bite would be cheap on garchomp, maybe that's what the issue is. I have no other ideas.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Also, yes, why can Pokemon effectively Bite Rock Type Pokemon? Their teeth should break... also, would biting a Psychic be more effective than hitting them?
    Along with that, would you try to scare off Ghosts by biting them? I am sure that you would not...
    Why not? Pokemon might have extremely hard teeth.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    Why not? Pokemon might have extremely hard teeth.
    But many Rock Type Pokemon has EXTREMELY hard bodies... and did you know that Bite was a normal Type Move in Generation I.

And then why is Bite only 1/4 Effective on Lucario? Do the Pokemon always Bite his hands? Bite is also not very effective on Fighting Type Pokemon, so it does need a control of the Dark element to at least some extent.

Lucario's resistances are a bit odd when you think about it. If it's only steel type because it's got steel spikes, why exactly is its not-so-metallic body so specially tough against a lot of things?

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    Lucario's resistances are a bit odd when you think about it. If it's only steel type because it's got steel spikes, why exactly is its not-so-metallic body so specially tough against a lot of things?
    Who says his skin beneath the fur isn't metallic? I'm willing to bet that every single Steel type Pokemon's body or skeleton is comprised of metal whether we can see it or not.

Mawile's still a tad suspicious though. It doesn't even have fur, and that isn't very metallic-looking skin.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Who says his skin beneath the fur isn't metallic? I'm willing to bet that every single Steel type Pokemon's body or skeleton is comprised of metal whether we can see it or not.
    Its skeleton cannot be comprised of metal, it needs the bone marrows to create blood cells for it... that would cause it to die...

Also, why are Flying Types weak to the Electric Type? Just being airborne cannot be an issue, as many Flying Types, like Doduo, Dodrio, Pidgey, etc are shown to be on their feet during battle.

Its skeleton cannot be comprised of metal, it needs the bone marrows to create blood cells for it... that would cause it to die...

Also, why are Flying Types weak to the Electric Type? Just being airborne cannot be an issue, as many Flying Types, like Doduo, Dodrio, Pidgey, etc are shown to be on their feet during battle.
    Pokemon have a different body structure than humans. For example, The 3rd gen dex says that cacturne's blood is composed of the same substances present in sand.

Don't know about the other question though.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Pokemon have a different body structure than humans. For example, The 3rd gen dex says that cacturne's blood is composed of the same substances present in sand.

Don't know about the other question though.
    As far as it is known, the Pokedex exaggerates things to extremes. Along with that, all the organic Pokemon will require blood; nor humans neither any other living being, barring plants can survive without blood.

As far as it is known, the Pokedex exaggerates things to extremes. Along with that, all the organic Pokemon will require blood; nor humans neither any other living being, barring plants can survive without blood.
    No one has ever confirmed that Pokemon's body structures require the same blood or circulatory system that normal animals do. Don't you think that if they had the same bodily functions and all, they would all die within one battle with a Fire, Electric, or Poison type? It's pretty obvious that they're bodies are built differently. Also, Steel types aren't just named "Steel" for nothing. They would assumingly only give the type to a Pokemon whose body is, oh I don't know, comprised of Steel.

Assuming that these pokemon are made of steel wouldn't that make every pokemon made of what it is? Is Blastoise an exoskeleton of water? Alakazam one of what, psychic material?
    White 2 Friend Code: 3139 5811 5081
    Y friend code: 2981--5364-9336

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shuckle View Post
    Alakazam one of what, psychic material?
    This. LOLOLOL but completely plausible.

what i do not understand at all...
    WHY is Earthquake a PHYSICAL Move???
    Does the user turn into an Earthquake???

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    This. LOLOLOL but completely plausible.

what i do not understand at all...
    WHY is Earthquake a PHYSICAL Move???
    Does the user turn into an Earthquake???
    No the user creates an Earthquake by either stomping on the ground with its feet, smashing the ground with its hands or what Dugtrio does.

Page 198 of 290 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast