Page 200 of 287 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 7174

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    Lucario can't learn Mach punch, but it can learn bullet punch. Why?
    For the same reason that any Pokémon can't learn a given move: they're all distinct techniques and have to be performed in a specific way. Just because the Pokémon in question has the necessary body parts and can do something similar doesn't mean that they can do everything, even if there's only a minor (but crucial) difference in technique. I have arms, legs, and a spine, and while I can do a cartwheel, I can't do a backflip.

Kingler's bigger claw changes from it's right claw in the first generation to the left claw from the second generation onwards.
    Claimed

The above sprites were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)
    My native Vivillon form is Garden Pattern. If you'd like to trade, just drop a VM/PM and we'll see what we can arrange.
    I am also giving out TCG Online Codes, for more info click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    How can there be fully-evolved pokemon running wild and with trainers when they're WELL BELOW the level at which their pre-evolution evolves? (lvl 23 Rapidash and lvl 15 Weezing, for example... Ponyta evolves at lvl 40 and Koffing at lvl 35)
    Didn't one anime episode have Team Rocket get this machine which forced pokémon to evolve? Maybe it does that without forcing them to the level they need to be at to evolve.

...So, yeah, my best guess involves some conspiracy with Team Rocket forcing wild pokémon to evolve with a crazy machine. Not the most sound, but eh.

Actually, maybe belonging to a trainer takes away some of the wild instincts which help pokémon evolve more speedily? Or maybe they evolve more slowly if there's less threat around due to being safe with a trainer? I don't know.

But as for the NPC having them, perhaps that's one of those instances where techniques exist to do things differently, just the character you play never has access to them. Kind of like how it's implied it is possible to climb over mountains like Mt. Moon (I think in Hoenn, you can meet a hiker who says he can just hike over Rusturf Tunnel instead of going through the cave), but the person you control personally isn't capable of climbing.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Quote Originally Posted by the ash man83 View Post
    Kingler's bigger claw changes from it's right claw in the first generation to the left claw from the second generation onwards.
    Maybe there was an event which occurred in the time between Gen 1 and 2 which caused the Kingler to mutate. Maybe there were two slightly different type of Kingler: the bigger right claw in Kanto and the bigger left claw in Johto. Something happened which caused the right clawed Kinglers to die out and the left clawed Kinglers from Johto migrated to Kanto in place of the right claw Kinglers (or were introduced by trainers from Johto) and then they bred and became the more dominant form of Kingler.

3DS FC: 3480 3588 2591

Visit my Trade Shop!

ALL HAIL TOXIC ORB GLISCOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Xer-arrowtotheknee-us View Post
    Maybe there was an event which occurred in the time between Gen 1 and 2 which caused the Kingler to mutate. Maybe there were two slightly different type of Kingler: the bigger right claw in Kanto and the bigger left claw in Johto. Something happened which caused the right clawed Kinglers to die out and the left clawed Kinglers from Johto migrated to Kanto in place of the right claw Kinglers (or were introduced by trainers from Johto) and then they bred and became the more dominant form of Kingler.
    Or maybe it was just a simple spriting error.

I'm kind of lame, but why do you black out right after losing a battle?
    And then, how exactly do you magically get up and scurry to the Pokemon Center?

Your character can breathe underwater, you're the only one moving along the screen, the trees die after you pick like, the three berries that were on them, Pokemon having natures untrue or unfitting to their species, and last but not least...
    that freaking daycare breeding thing and everything about it o.e

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    - How the Vanillite family don't melt
    they radiate special coldness from them to keep them solid

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Or maybe it was just a simple spriting error.
    I think it's been established that obvious media-based reasons seldom need stating on this thread.

All the same, there are some weird things about sprites. When you feed a pokémon a pokéblock in Hoenn, it's shown facing to the right of the screen instead of the left. The fact that the sprite is just a flipped version of the left-facing sprite means that any asymmetrical pokémon becomes a mirror image of itself. If you feed a spinda a pokéblock, its spots will be in different places from where they usually are, etc.

And then there's pokémon who look different in different versions of games. Arbok has a few different versions of hood markings depending on the sprite which is said to be because different arbok in different regions have different markings (I think the dex says it), but when you move an arbok from one version to another its hood markings change to correspond to what version it is.

anyone else wondered why raticate can be found in that house with the lunar wing in black/white 2?
    3DS Friend code: 1392-4485-7424
    Friend Safari: Grass type- Oddish, Ivysaur, Quiladin

Quote Originally Posted by lokowoko View Post
    anyone else wondered why raticate can be found in that house with the lunar wing in black/white 2?

There's ony one answer....Gary's raticate
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by lokowoko View Post
    Rats are usually found in abandonned houses, or houses that aren't under somebody's care, no surprises that Raticate can be found there.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Rats are usually found in abandonned houses, or houses that aren't under somebody's care, no surprises that Raticate can be found there.
    it just bothers me thanks to a certain raticate from a gen 1 game
    3DS Friend code: 1392-4485-7424
    Friend Safari: Grass type- Oddish, Ivysaur, Quiladin

the lavender town theory is a fake in my opinion, and i can give evidence. in the first ever pokemon episode, Ho-oh, the second gen legend, mad an appearence. unown is also a second gen, meaning that at the time that Red and Blue were released, the entire second gen could have been already drawn up and ready to have been released, including unown. maybe somebody learned about the unown in Coro-Coro and decided to use them in a public prank. the prank might have got blown out of proportion when people started to think that the ghost in the audio had something to do with people getting headaches from hearing the audio, and they started to call it haunted. word spread about it being haunted and the pranker went into hiding so as not to be caught. all of this came from that Ho-oh, who says a lot by just flying across the sky in front of ashes eyes.

How does it make sense that in the game a pikachu can survive a body slam from a wailord
    Yeah im a guy who likes the pokemon misdreavus dont judge me..........unless you want to come to the dark side ........

We got cookies

How can you surf on a Horsea or Tentacool, let alone ride it while it is fighting another Pokemon? Same goes for Dive. Also, riding a Pidgey, Spearow or Talow, or dangling from it's talons hundreds of feet in the air for hours?

It's been brought up, probably in this very thread, but I'm lazy... orz

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestpokemontrainer View Post
    How does it make sense that in the game a pikachu can survive a body slam from a wailord
    Because the attack is not executed with the intention of inflicting fatal damage. You can punch someone with either the intention to hurt them or the intention to kill them, but the outcome all depends on how you punch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon~Master View Post
    How can you surf on a Horsea or Tentacool, let alone ride it while it is fighting another Pokemon? Same goes for Dive. Also, riding a Pidgey, Spearow or Talow, or dangling from it's talons hundreds of feet in the air for hours?

It's been brought up, probably in this very thread, but I'm lazy... orz
    They were all made for our convenience, to save us all the trouble of getting rare but viable Pokémon capable of HM Moves in the field.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

A Caterpie won't die when stomped by Regigigas, which weighs 925 lbs.
    How does it not get mashed into complete goo?

Why can't Emolga learn Fly? It's a Flying-type, for Arceus-sake!
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Yamask View Post
    A Caterpie won't die when stomped by Regigigas, which weighs 925 lbs.
    How does it not get mashed into complete goo?
    What this post said:

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Because the attack is not executed with the intention of inflicting fatal damage. You can punch someone with either the intention to hurt them or the intention to kill them, but the outcome all depends on how you punch them.
    Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    Because it doesn't have the capability of human transport/very high flying ability unlike those who can learn Fly?

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    It's a Flying-type, but it doesn't fly. It can only glide.

One thing I just thought about was that in the caves you have to walk through in the games, you see plenty of bridges and walkways built in, seemingly everywhere but the most logical place to build a bridge, across the bodies of water in the cave, which your pokémon are forced to piggyback you across instead. If you can build a bridge in a cave, why not build a bridge over the water?

Sure it could be argued the architects who put the bridges there just spared themselves the time figuring anyone who wanted to get through could just ride a pokémon, but when you consider the trainers I mentioned previously who inexplicably appear in spots you need to surf to with no surfing pokémon, the argument of "everyone can just surf through" starts to hold less, erm, water, as the NPCs' lack of surfing pokémon implies that a pokémon with that capability isn't something everyone has.

Sure, maybe the hikers can just use their hiking skills to somehow maneuver around the edges of the bodies of water, but that still begs the question of why people like those aces and dragon trainers who have neither pokémon or alternate means to get across the water would never be considered.

Well I was playing Sapphire earlier and I noticed that Lairon can learn Aerial Ace, WTF Game Freak.

Also, Gyarados is a Water-Flying that can't learn flying moves like the aforementioned Aerial Ace. Again, WTF Game Freak?

I'd say gyarados was more of a berserker of a fighter that just indiscriminately smashed stuff rather than a target-sniping ace, but then again, lairon doesn't seem much more ace-like, so I honestly don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-Chaos X View Post
    Well I was playing Sapphire earlier and I noticed that Lairon can learn Aerial Ace, WTF Game Freak.

Also, Gyarados is a Water-Flying that can't learn flying moves like the aforementioned Aerial Ace. Again, WTF Game Freak?
    I noticed that about Lairon too, but since it has claws, so...

And Gyarados is a serpent, so it can't use moves Pokémon with claws normally do.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Page 200 of 287 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250 ... LastLast