Page 218 of 288 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 7180

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by Griever789 View Post
    Still with drought and the red coloring you'd think he'd at least be fire ground, it would give him quad weakess to kyogre but meh.
    There are several red Pokemon that aren't Fire type. The number of red Pokemon that aren't Fire type far outweigh the number of red Pokemon that are Fire type (46-21).

Since Groudon is the protector of the land while Kyogre is the protector of the seas, Groudon has Drought as a reference to his loyalty to land. It is not some battling gimmick that is supposed to increase his attack, it is only to show him preventing the rainwater from "destroying" his precious land.

Golurk can learn fly, is he a Power Ranger megazord or something?
    Octillery can use flamethrower. BUT ITS AN OCTOPUS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    Wooper can learn Ice Punch.
    You took mine .-.

Dodou can learn Fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    "Sucker Punch" is actually a mistranslation. Its original name is the much more generic "Surprise Attack."
    It's not really mistranslated, a sucker punch IS a surprise attack.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Golurk learning fly... And Gyarados not being able to learn fly. It angers me, but it's not that bad I guess

My favorite team

- Current Black 2 team

Cool Bubble? Splash? My mind is blown ( Kabloom!)

Thing in pokemon that boogle your mind. One thing that puzzles me is there's a move called gravity it makes perfect sense that poke mon can make gravity and they battle in zero gravity.

Yanmega not learning Fly, and Cobalion not learning Rock Slide (but learning Stone Edge).

Quote Originally Posted by A Cloud Called Klaus View Post
    Octillery can use flamethrower. BUT ITS AN OCTOPUS!!!
    It is supposed to be a robot, it learning Fly is just a general pop culture reference.

The Slowpoke line can learn Flamethrower too. THEY'RE OTTER/SALAMANDER/HIPPOPOTAMUS THINGS.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Am I the only one who finds it a little bit disturbing that Jynx can learn lick.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Wat.

Makes little sense for them not to.

Hum, all of these odd ones (Cryogonal, Larvesta, Ferroseed) regarding Attract are in Gen V...

Maybe Gen V isn't loved?
    My theory is that Cryoganal originally had genders and Ferroseed/Ferrothorn were genderless and this was changed at the last second. I think that Volcarona was going to be a legendary (there is other evidence that suggests this) and Larvesta was tacked on at the last minute after they decided who should learn what TM's.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Er, Gravity intensifies the gravity, otherwise it wouldn't have the effect of grounding Flying types and Levitating Pokemon, allowing Ground type moves to hit them. It makes it harder for Pokemon to maneuver which is why evasion is decreased, it doesn't make everything all floaty and light.

Putting that aside, I know it's just a game, but it's weird how full on Pokemon battles can be done in huge skyscrapers (Battle Tower and Black City's Tower) and subway systems, what with moves like Earthquake and large bodies of water being thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    Scrafty getting Dragon Dance. Probably some Japanese etymology that I don't know, but still. Kind of weird.
    Nope, Dragon Dance is just "Dragon Dance" in Japan, and Scrafty's Japanese name (Zuruzukin) doesn't have anything to do with dragons.

If I had to guess something other than just technical/strategy reasons, I would say that maybe it is because Scrafty is a lizard?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

If I had to guess something other than just technical/strategy reasons, I would say that maybe it is because Scrafty is a lizard?
    Scrafty is a lizard, and he is based on a thug. I'd say the move could be based off of crumping, or some other type of street dancing. Makes sense to me.
    FC: 2234 - 8515 - 1161
    IGN: Nick

Lol, that does seem weird. An Earthquake on a subway. *Shudder*

What is weird is how full grown adults can be carried around on the backs of spearows and such in mid air, perfectly fine o.O
    I live on a cloud and my name is Klaus

What is weird is how full grown adults can be carried around on the backs of spearows and such in mid air, perfectly fine o.O
    Or how I can hop onto my trusty Feebas and ride it across the ocean.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

$I make it rain$...indoors.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

I always found it weird Pokemon would listen to humans... you don't see me taming wild bears to fight my friends do you? (I understand that it can be done, but it isn't exactly mainstream like it is in Pokemon)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I still think that Pidgey, Taillow and Starly being able to learn Fly is weird for me...

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

Stunfisk gets Surf.
    Why is it so weird to think that all of these things can swim? Stunfisk even lives in the water!

[s]Machamp cannot learn Mach Punch.
    The "Mach-" in "Machamp" comes from "macho," not "mach speed."

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/b...9286908024.png

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    It's not really mistranslated, a sucker punch IS a surprise attack.
    Okay so apparently I have to be super specific and say "bad translation" instead of "mistranslation"

No generalizing here it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Dormant View Post
    I still think that Pidgey, Taillow and Starly being able to learn Fly is weird for me...
    But they have wings
    Last edited by Endolise; 23rd September 2013 at 2:51 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

The "Mach-" in "Machamp" comes from "macho," not "mach speed."
    To be fair, Machamp is said to be able to punch 500 times per second.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Flareon not learning Flare Blitz still has me scratching my head.

Smeargle learning Amnesia. Wouldn't it forget the moves it sketched?
    wow, the inconsistency is real. y'all should message me

Why can Cobalion learn Stone Edge, but not Rock Slide?
    wow, the inconsistency is real. y'all should message me

why cant scrafty learn cut? hes straigth up thug, he has to carry a knife with him on a daily basis!
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...rches/0Kw8LKfX

Everybody, sign this. Churches need to be taxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    To be fair, Machamp is said to be able to punch 500 times per second.
    That's true; I was just saying that the oddity of Machamp not learning Mach Punch isn't caused by its name.
    Last edited by Endolise; 23rd September 2013 at 4:11 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Page 218 of 288 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268 ... LastLast