Page 222 of 299 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 7451

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

What does GF have against father figures? I mean there's Norman in 3rd gen. But he's off on his gym leader grind. Doing what gym leaders do. The whole no dad thing is rather depressing. Your mom just sits at home... Randomly rings you up cause she lonely. Poor Pokemom.

The fact that Eevee is supposed to be able to change its genetic makeup, but it stays a normal-type that looks exactly the same everywhere...

And there's the fact that Metagross is supposed to have four brains and is as smart as a supercomputer, yet the humans don't serve the Metagross and the Metagross serve the humans instead...

Oh, and don't forget about all those people who randomly stand around waiting for someone to come along and battle them...
    DIE, PIKACHU. DIE.
    (Yes, I do hate Pikachu...)
    My White 2 Friend Code: 2194 5852 2842

Something that's always confused me about Pokemon Heroes...How come when Latios and Latias' dad was in the Soul Dew, Latios and Latias missed him and weren't able to interact with him...Yet, when Latios died and was in the Soul Dew, Latios and his father were suddenly able to be seen and play with Latias? I haven't seen the movie in several years, so did I just totally miss something?
    3711-7728-5652

Rarity of roads and vehicles in the games. I know In B/W there was an area of high traffic even, but there's not paved roads going through every town, and you don't see vehicles in towns (that I remember...). So where are they going? Certainly not to past gens.. There was a moving truck in ruby/sapphire, but the only way out of the town doesn't look very truck accessible. Same with most any route: filled with grass, ledges, and people having pokemon battles. It seems like most long distance transportation happens with ships..

Quote Originally Posted by Venu View Post
    Rarity of roads and vehicles in the games. I know In B/W there was an area of high traffic even, but there's not paved roads going through every town, and you don't see vehicles in towns (that I remember...). So where are they going? Certainly not to past gens.. There was a moving truck in ruby/sapphire, but the only way out of the town doesn't look very truck accessible. Same with most any route: filled with grass, ledges, and people having pokemon battles. It seems like most long distance transportation happens with ships..
    Underground roads?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by babydoll View Post
    Pokemon Stadium.

I will NEVER beat PokeCup Master Ball Round 2 - and heres why:

I waste a Confuse Ray to confuse my opponent - they attack they attack, they snap out of it.

I get Confuse Ray-ed, attack self, attack self, attack self, attack self... faint.

I use paralyze on opponent, attack, attack, attack.

I get paralysed - fully paralysed, fully paralysed, fully paralysed... faint.

I use earthquake, and EVEN THOUGH I have had more speed every move up until now - my opponent digs first - so my opponent is underground, I earthquake - miss!!!!

EVERY TIME I think to myself, no problem, I can win this battle just as long as they don't get a critical here - EVERY TIME THEY GET A CRITICAL HIT! I HAVE NEVER HAD A CRITICAL HIT unless the opponent is 2hp remaining and I used a super-effective move - THEN I might get a critical hit!!!!!!!!!

I have trained up my entire team from level 5 babies up to the level 50-somethings they are now, PURELY for the sake of this competition, and my opponent's lv50 Gengar has significantly higher stats than my lv53 Gengar, even though mine is maxed out on protein etc, AND I trained it up from a hatched egg Gastly, no rare candys, just battle.

And as I'm writing this, I'm watching history repeat itself - this competition cannot be defeated! THE GAME IS RIGGED!
    I can't say why all these things happen to you, although I bet $10 you're exaggerating a lot. You probably just can't handle the fact that computers are beating your Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTerry View Post
    Pokeballs. Even by Pokemon's standards it's still pretty "wat"
    Not sure what you mean but I'm sure you're the 10,000,000th person to assume the mechanics of Pokeballs are unrealistic. I shouldn't have to explain why it's not so farfetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Raasikh22 View Post
    Here's something that'll stumble you all, why does ash suck at pokemon battling so bad? He started his journey at 10 years old, wasted 5 regions and lost the tournaments and islands, and he should be 26 now and he is going to another region and is just gonna fail again!??!?!? I think pokemon creators should speed it up alittle, it's getting boring. Can you tell me the answer to that?????
    Just because you know the types and strategies of the gym leaders Ash is about to face does not mean he does. Does he not generally come back and win? He may not be the best like no one ever was, but he is our protagonist and he will win 90% of his battles through actual strategic battling

Quote Originally Posted by Mew's Spirit View Post
    The fact that Eevee is supposed to be able to change its genetic makeup, but it stays a normal-type that looks exactly the same everywhere...

And there's the fact that Metagross is supposed to have four brains and is as smart as a supercomputer, yet the humans don't serve the Metagross and the Metagross serve the humans instead...

Oh, and don't forget about all those people who randomly stand around waiting for someone to come along and battle them...
    Does Eevee stay Normal type everywhere? Because I was under the impression that when its genetic makeup changed, it evolved into one of 8 evolutions.

"As smart as" does not mean "is" a super computer. Same goes for Alakazam. Sure, these Pokémon are extremely smart but that does not make them untrainable or uncatchable. Do Bill Gates or Stephen Hawking rule the world?

How do you know they are standing there all the time waiting to battle someone? They could have shown up a minute before you arrived and left the minute after you did and just happened to return just when you will. Improbable, maybe, but still plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venu View Post
    People have Pokémon to travel on. They don't have much use for roads. The bigger cities do have roads and vehicles and I would say that's because they need to transport materials between buildings.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    People have Pokémon to travel on. They don't have much use for roads. The bigger cities do have roads and vehicles and I would say that's because they need to transport materials between buildings.
    I dont exactly remember travelling on any pokemon. Do you maybe mean a bike? How does this explain the truck in R/S?
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    I dont exactly remember travelling on any pokemon. Do you maybe mean a bike? How does this explain the truck in R/S?
    Flying and Surfing are ways to travel on Pokémon. Also, I mentioned that transporting materials (like moving furniture to a new home) might require a truck since not many Pokémon would really be able to help you in that aspect quite as easily.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Vehicles are obviously time machines! Actually, now that I've written that, I don't have a realistic reason to counter it... :I
    font size one

Sure, these Pokémon are extremely smart but that does not make them untrainable or uncatchable. Do Bill Gates or Stephen Hawking rule the world?
    No, but they can buy anything in it. Bill Gates at least, Hawking is only worth ~$20 Mil.

Probably been mentioned, but the fact you can walk in and out of any house (with an accessable door) at any time of day. Did no one bother inventing the deadbolt?
    3711-7728-5652

Do Bill Gates or Stephen Hawking rule the world?
    I love you for this line.

Also, I would like to add that Alakazam and Metagross may have no desire whatsoever to dominate anyone (they are probably smart enough to have figured out that oppression and enslavement are bad things); they are still Pokémon, after all, and from what we've seen, Pokémon tend to prefer either semi-secluded life in the wild or simple human companionship. They really have no reason or motivation to attempt some kind of grand power-grab.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I've wondered about this a lot, too :|

Check out MonsterTrainer.com, a new browser-based monster training MMO that takes place in real (virtual) cities around the world and functions in real-time (so weather, disasters, events and construction occur in real-time!).

Fund this project on Indiegogo!

The one thing i never understood was the match-up between water and ice types. How can water resist ice? In the real world if you try to use freezing ice then the water will freeze along with it. Even if it was just a couple cubes it still cools the water way down. I would at least settle for both of them being SE against each other because the water can melt the ice but ice can freeze the water. Just this endless cycle keeps me up at night. Please, someone save me from the terror that is the Ice v Water match-up. ;-;
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Another thread made me think of this...why is Pikachu more valuable to Team Rocket than a talking Meowth?

Check out MonsterTrainer.com, a new browser-based monster training MMO that takes place in real (virtual) cities around the world and functions in real-time (so weather, disasters, events and construction occur in real-time!).

Fund this project on Indiegogo!

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerTerry View Post
    Another thread made me think of this...why is Pikachu more valuable to Team Rocket than a talking Meowth?
    Well talking seemed to have removed any real capability for battle. They want strong pokemon, pikachu tends to be rather strong. Though your right to ask why they haven't sold the talking meoth for a huge amount of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Griever789 View Post
    Well talking seemed to have removed any real capability for battle. They want strong pokemon, pikachu tends to be rather strong. Though your right to ask why they haven't sold the talking meowth for a huge amount of cash.
    This is probably it. Being rare in and of itself means little to Giovanni. When Jessie and James managed to get their hands on togepi, they tried offering it to Giovanni, and he shunned togepi for not having any battling power. I think in the same episode, he was recorded as saying that while meowth's ability to speak is rare, meowth never says anything worth listening to.

I don't quite remember if it was actually stated what Giovanni intends to do with the pokémon he had Team Rocket steal, but it apparently either is a project that a pikachu strong enough to blast people over the horizon would be useful in, or at least Jessie and James think so. Though in large part I think a lot of the time their pursuit of pikachu is just frustration-driven determination. Getting trounced by a rookie trainer's pokémon who had never seen an actual battle before was a major ego bruise which Jessie and James seem to be trying to make up for by actually managing to best Ash.

As for selling meowth, there probably wouldn't be many takers. Sure there aren't a lot of pokémon who can talk, but having one that can wouldn't really have much use. In a world where you can command beasts at your will, what use is one which kind of sees itself as human and thus won't take orders (and has zero potency even if it does)? The most useful meowth has ever been seems to be as a translator for some pokémon, but there have been quite a few instances shown where pokémon seem able to communicate fine with humans without needing to actually speak, so that wouldn't necessarily be a great selling point. That only leaves novelty, and I think Jessie and James have tried that before, but the audience claimed it was a fraud (and I think there were occasions where staged shows in which people made pokémon pretend to talk Mister Ed-style have been shown, so people probably mostly figure that's the gimmick).

Basically, a talking animal would be extraordinary, but not too practical to actually keep. The fact that meowth tends to be really annoying probably seals his fate in terms of marketability.

I actually remember thinking meowth should try starting a speech school for pokémon. That could be an interesting use of his skills, but that does sound like a threat to the status quo of the Pokémon world and probably would meet opposition. And even if not, meowth et al have proven to be prone to being underhanded even when they don't need to be, so likely meowth would shoot his own business in the foot by doing some unethical thing. The fact that a lifetime of getting the short end of the stick likely have left meowth completely jaded doesn't make reform look likely for him, even if for his own benefit. I think he's the only pokémon Ash treats as being completely irredeemable. Hard not to get a mindset of only looking out for yourself if just about no one else will.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Magnemite = 13 lbs
    Magnemite x 3 = Magneton
    13 x 3 = 39
    Magneton = 132 lbs

WHAT THE *BEEP* HAPPENED!?!?
    Q's Pokemon Yellow Version Nuzlocke Challenge!    Spoiler:- Details:
    On hold due to NOTHING!
    CHALLENGE RESUMED!
    Nintendo Network ID: Q_Rush
    Friend Code: 0576-5575-3090
    Safari: Fire w/ Larvesta, Growlithe, and Fletchinder!!! (Gale Wings, anyone?)

Quit dropping my rep just because I use blue text! It's my "thing" and it's not changing! If you can't read it, then just highlight it with your cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by ! Q View Post
    Magnemite = 13 lbs
    Magnemite x 3 = Magneton
    13 x 3 = 39
    Magneton = 132 lbs

WHAT THE *BEEP* HAPPENED!?!?
    Magenton has more matter inside it. Every "Magnemite" that comprises of Magneton is heavier than a normal one.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
    Something that's always confused me about Pokemon Heroes...How come when Latios and Latias' dad was in the Soul Dew, Latios and Latias missed him and weren't able to interact with him...Yet, when Latios died and was in the Soul Dew, Latios and his father were suddenly able to be seen and play with Latias? I haven't seen the movie in several years, so did I just totally miss something?
    I am quite sure the both of the Latios seen at the end of the episode are different Latios but you could have a good question here.

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

When i playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, i just to be confused when Diglett having a feet???? After rescuing Diglett from Skarmory, Diglett says,"FEET feel like they're floating on air." Even Pokedex 3D for Nintendo 3DS showing Diglett full sprite didn't have any foot. Bit confusing.

Ghetsis is correct for once...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis
    You can say whatever you want. A Pokémon, even if it's revered as a deity, is still just a Pokémon.
    This probably also counts for incredibly intelligent Pokemon. Pokedex Entries are not to be taken at face value, anyway.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

A few days ago, I was playing Leafgreen. My Ivysaur got confused by a Drowzee, and when I told Ivysaur to use Sleep Powder on it, he hurt himself in his confusion! How can you HURT yourself using a powder that makes you sleep? How!?
    Want to battle my Y team? FC! 4785-6067-9681
    Yes, I am a Tracey Sketchit fangirl. Problem?
    My Pokemon fanfic! http://www.quotev.com/story/2129563/...Pallet-Town/1/
    WARNING: May contain bad language and a slight bit of gore
    My anime crush is Yamcha!

My first shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukun View Post
    A few days ago, I was playing Leafgreen. My Ivysaur got confused by a Drowzee, and when I told Ivysaur to use Sleep Powder on it, he hurt himself in his confusion! How can you HURT yourself using a powder that makes you sleep? How!?
    I always thought that a pokemon hurting itself in confusion actually fell down or slammed into a wall or something, out of dizziness or disorientation. At least that makes more sense than attacking itself...

You'll like this one:
    Ok, in Diamond, on route 212, it's always raining.
    Never stops. Now, a berry tree needs constant watering to yield max number of berries.
    Nothing bad happens if you "overwater" it. But for some reason, if you plant a tree in the patches on this route,
    the soil still goes dry. That's no way to introduce rain into a game.
    LOOKING FOR ITEMS? I GOT YOU COVERED
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

I HAVE CLAIMED BAHAMUT, KING OF SUMMONS
    FC 1550 8079 7411

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukun View Post
    Uh, no. If this was the case, Gyarados using Thunderbolt would defeat itself or at least severely weaken itself. It is not so. If a Pokemon hurts itself in confusion, it is like just punching itself or falling down. They do not actually execute the Move.

Page 222 of 299 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast