Page 239 of 291 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 7270

Thread: Things in the Pokémon world which just don't make sense (by pokémon standards)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    One thing I just don't get- How the HECK can a Water type Pokemon learn Flamethrower!? (I'm looking at YOU, Slowbro/Slowking!)

Pyrokenitics in other words the ability to make fire with your mind, a common abilites of psychic in fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Griever789 View Post
    Pyrokenitics in other words the ability to make fire with your mind, a common abilites of psychic in fiction?
    ......Eh, I'll buy it. Another thing that makes me go 'WTF' though is: HOW does Dugtrio learn SLASH!? I mean, it has NO ARMS! Or spines, or ANYTHING to Slash with, for that matter!

......Eh, I'll buy it. Another thing that makes me go 'WTF' though is: HOW does Dugtrio learn SLASH!? I mean, it has NO ARMS! Or spines, or ANYTHING to Slash with, for that matter!
    Moles have claws.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    Moles have claws.
    OK, please point out to me where on Dugtrio are its "claws".

How can Greninja psychically use Spikes and Toxic spikes? Where do they come from?
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
    How can Greninja psychically use Spikes and Toxic spikes? Where do they come from?
    The same hammerspace the water pokemon get gallons upon gallons of water?

Quote Originally Posted by Griever789 View Post
    The same hammerspace the water pokemon get gallons upon gallons of water?
    I always think that that water pokemon is either essentially their saliva, or that they can make water somehow in their body.
    Hall of Fame Gallery (Will update this as I try to find my old cartridges -which likely need to be replayed or have to buy new ones- and finish the Gen IV and after Pokemon games)
    ---------------------------
    Blue
    Trainer name: Camvzqy (I WAS 6 BACK THEN SO I ****ED AROUND WITH THE NAME! ;-; )

Silver
    Trainer Name: Xavier

--------------------------

It can possibly create them on the spot. Remember, Spikes are probably not always spikes. They could just be spiky things. And it can just apply Poison to those spikes to create Toxic Spikes.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

OK, please point out to me where on Dugtrio are its "claws".
    Simply because it is not visible, it does not mean it does not have it.

Say, a Torchic (most likely) has internal organs.
    Can you see them?
    No.
    Yet they (most likely) still exist.

The Diglett question as actually been asked to the Pokémon staff and they answered it with "A hand, or something"
    http://geek.cheezburger.com/pokememe...lett-wednesday a screenie of the magazine they answered it in.
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

Why can't magikarp learn surf?? Isn't he already in the water? Why does my rhydon get to learn surf? haha

And how in the world does a freakin fish evolve into a huge water snake?? :/

Also do pokemon actually get to eat each other as of means of survival? Poor magikarps... :'( and pidgeys.

-Pokemon fan, and gamer since 1996. Great memories!

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonVeteran View Post
    Why can't magikarp learn surf?? Isn't he already in the water? Why does my rhydon get to learn surf? haha

Also do pokemon actually get to eat each other as of means of survival? Poor magikarps... :'( and pidgeys.
    Magikarp can't learn it simply due to Magikarp not being able to control the elemental energy of Water well, similarly how Surskit and Tynamo are unable to learn the Move, despite living in/near Water.

Based upon the myth.

IIRC, Magikarp's scales are indigestable, and very low on nutrients.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    IIRC, Magikarp's scales are indigestable, and very low on nutrients.

I remember that episode in the anime where the S.S. Anne sunk and Ash and his friends along with team rocket thought of eating James's Magikarp.
    Then Meowth bit it and it turned out to be uneatable.

So since nothing eats it , maybe that is why it is so common?

3DS FC: 1779 1755 8755

Quote Originally Posted by ace-of-aces View Post
    I don't understand how when I was surfing to get some pokemon, I ran into one, and because X and Y has the terrain be where you are, I had a graveler. STANDING. ON. WATER.
    How odd! Gourgeist can learn Flamethrower, even though it's Ghost/Grass!

So apparently ghosts that are made of grass can make fire? O.o.
    Bluebird55's Battle-Beating Duo!

My Friend Code - 1891-1851-7972

By using the energy > matter conversion process that is inherent to all Pokémon and used when they perform an attack that requires the creation of matter.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Inc. View Post
    How can Doduo learn fly?
    It's explained in pokemon stadium sort of, it uses its feet to peddle the air waves causing it fly, you can say it uses its legs as wings
    Image removed. Check the sig rules, please!

Red's counterparts :I all reds from the manga's are not the same but counterparts of the GAME RED,

Pokemon adventures was made by Hidenori Kusaka

Pocket monsters(Isamu akai) by Kosaku Anakubo

and other mangas made by Other fine folks, all of the manga reds are NOT canon, they are characters made by other authors(hidenori kusaka.etc) for their OWN respectful Mangas, they were not made by Satoshi Tajiri and are not part of the game which all the canon resides on,

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonVeteran View Post

Magikarp evolving into a grayados, is based on Japanese myths about weak animals evolving into powerful dragons,water dragons sorta thing.

Lol yeah pigeot loves magikarps

Red's counterparts :I all reds from the manga's are not the same but counterparts of the GAME RED,

and other mangas made by Other fine folks, all of the manga reds are NOT canon, they are characters made by other authors(hidenori kusaka.etc) for their OWN respectful Mangas, they were not made by Satoshi Tajiri and are not part of the game which all the canon resides on,

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

A joke-picture of what Diglett really looks like: (how do you get the image code to work on this site?)
    https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7834465024/hA857F5BF/

@ALL OMNI 0: To be specific, Magikarp and Gyarados are based on the Chinese myth of the Dragon Gate. Basically, there's a gate on top of a waterfall called the Dragon Gate. Carp that can swim up the waterfall and through the gate will become dragons. Read this Bulbanews article for more information.

With your Last Resort, a Steadfast heart
    Let's go cross the tall Mt. Coronet
    Who will we get? Where will we meet them?
    I'm excited, as if it's a Secret Base

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Star View Post
    A joke-picture of what Diglett really looks like: (how do you get the image code to work on this site?)
    https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7834465024/hA857F5BF/

@ALL OMNI 0: To be specific, Magikarp and Gyarados are based on the Chinese myth of the Dragon Gate. Basically, there's a gate on top of a waterfall called the Dragon Gate. Carp that can swim up the waterfall and through the gate will become dragons. Read this Bulbanews article for more information.
    Yeah that's it :I thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    It can possibly create them on the spot. Remember, Spikes are probably not always spikes. They could just be spiky things. And it can just apply Poison to those spikes to create Toxic Spikes.
    .....then where does it get the poison?
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Maybe Greninja is a poisonous frog.

Just about any Pokémon can learn Toxic, and thus is capable of making poison anyway. Not sure how that works, but hey, the idea giant monsters battling each other on the commands of children apparently just wasn't scary enough.

The same place every single Pokemon that can use any TM at all gets the Poison to use Toxic.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Do nurses even need to spend 4 years studying medicine? The boom-boom-ba-ding-ding machine cures anything.
    I am a reliable and trusted trader. Over 135+ PKMN traded and counting.

Banned from trading with me: dasbun

Quote Originally Posted by Hellken View Post
    Do nurses even need to spend 4 years studying medicine? The boom-boom-ba-ding-ding machine cures anything.
    They'd need to learn how to work with the machine, perhaps how to troubleshoot it if it starts to malfunction, as well as the right way to deal with upset ranting or angry trainers, And of course they need to stay up to date on pokemon physics, sure in the game they use the machine to do generic healing, but in the anime Pokémon can also get sick and they'd need to know how to cure that too.
    Join my Roleplay Forum?

Spoiler:- Shinies I'm after:

Page 239 of 291 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast